The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ????

+8
Bathite
Poorfour
munkian
Cumbrian
sickofwendy
Scratch
bluestonevedder
Scrumpy
12 posters

Go down

English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ???? Empty English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ????

Post by Scrumpy Wed 14 May 2014, 3:19 pm

Just for fun based on the Welsh Probable's vs Possibles charity/exhibition game.

Who would you select or like to see selected, not that I believe for one second the RFU or Bomber would be that silly to arrange this at the end of a long hard season and just before a tour of say NZ or SA.

Last edited by Scrumpy on Wed 14 May 2014, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ???? Empty Re: English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ????

Post by Scrumpy Wed 14 May 2014, 3:23 pm

I'd like to see Riki Flutey given another go.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ???? Empty Re: English Hopefuls vs. Maybes to take place on ????

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 14 May 2014, 3:31 pm

I think a recall of Hape is also in order. Possibly Lesley Vainikolo too. Erinle? Can't take on the All Blacks without Erinle!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 14 May 2014, 4:27 pm

What happened to Lesley?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Wed 14 May 2014, 4:51 pm

Maybe you can get a recall Scrumpy, team mascot/boot boy/masseuse?

Sure it will be a happy ending to your career.  laughing

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Wed 14 May 2014, 5:56 pm

Leslie went to france,pro 2

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 14 May 2014, 8:58 pm

Taking the thread at face value *shock horror*.

Probables

01. Alex Corbisiero
02. Dylan Hartley
03. Dan Cole
04. Joe Launchbury
05. Courtney Lawes
06. Tom Wood
07. Chris Robshaw
08. Billy Vunipola

09. Danny Care
10. Owen Farrell

11. Christian Wade
12. Billy Twelvetrees
13. Manu Tuilagi
14. Marland Yarde
15. Mike Brown

Possibles

01. Joe Marler
02. Tom Youngs
03. David Wilson
04. Dave Attwood
05. Ed Slater
06. Callum Clarke
07. Matt Kvesic
08. Ben Morgan

09. Ben Youngs
10. George Ford

11. Jonny May
12. Brad Barritt
13. Luther Burrell
14. Chris Ashton
15. Ben Foden
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 15 May 2014, 8:47 am

Give Banhanahanman a run again  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu 15 May 2014, 9:13 am

It's encouraging to read those sides, Cumbrian. At least half the Possibles are credible international starters, and only at 6 & 7 do we look a little light (you could fix one of those by putting Croft in).
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 15 May 2014, 9:15 am

If would think that Luke Wallace, Carl Fearns would be near a possibles squad, but behind Armitage, surely?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 15 May 2014, 9:16 am

munkian wrote:Give Banhanahanman a run again  Very Happy 

On the wing or in the Centres?

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 15 May 2014, 9:18 am

Either, please  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 15 May 2014, 9:26 am

Will Fraser's back, and by all accounts is playing well in his first few games since returning. I think him and Fearns, with Ben Morgan at 8 would make a decent backrow in the Probabilities team. Certainly more deserving than Clarke and Kvesic, who haven't done much all season really. I know Clarke has had some decent games, but I don't think his seemingly continuous inclusion around the England squad is justified

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 15 May 2014, 9:30 am

An old-fashioned Divisional k-o contest would be better than the playoffs.
But anything would.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 15 May 2014, 10:00 am

bluestonevedder wrote:Will Fraser's back, and by all accounts is playing well in his first few games since returning. I think him and Fearns, with Ben Morgan at 8 would make a decent backrow in the Probabilities team. Certainly more deserving than Clarke and Kvesic, who haven't done much all season really. I know Clarke has had some decent games, but I don't think his seemingly continuous inclusion around the England squad is justified

Yes there are probably arguments for other players, I was being lazy and just made the two squads out of the players listed on wikipedia. A Fearns, Fraser and Morgan back-row sounds really balanced and competitive actually.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 15 May 2014, 10:03 am

munkian wrote:Either, please  Wink 

To be honest he has turned into a useful Centre for Bath, why they persist with playing him on the wing I'll never know. He also needs some longer studs to stop him falling on the floor like he did against Wales when he saw Shane lining him up in the RWC warm up game at the MS.  Wink 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 15 May 2014, 10:04 am

Or when he got the interception and fell over his own feet.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 15 May 2014, 10:10 am

Laugh  Classic.

Lets not forget he is a big man! Wink 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 15 May 2014, 10:23 am

Cumbrian wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:Will Fraser's back, and by all accounts is playing well in his first few games since returning. I think him and Fearns, with Ben Morgan at 8 would make a decent backrow in the Probabilities team. Certainly more deserving than Clarke and Kvesic, who haven't done much all season really. I know Clarke has had some decent games, but I don't think his seemingly continuous inclusion around the England squad is justified

Yes there are probably arguments for other players,  I was being lazy and just made the two squads out of the players listed on wikipedia.  A Fearns, Fraser and Morgan back-row sounds really balanced and competitive actually.

I'm really hoping Fearns leapfrogs Clarke in the pecking order! Haskell might also be back in the mix.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Thu 15 May 2014, 10:32 am

Scrumpy wrote:Just for fun based on the Welsh Probable's vs Possibles charity/exhibition game.

Who would you select or like to see selected, not that I believe for one second the RFU or Bomber would be that silly to arrange this at the end of a long hard season and just before a tour of say NZ or SA.

After all you were runners up in the 6N some accolade Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 15 May 2014, 10:33 am

Welcome back Eddie!

How has Fearns played?...everytime ive seen him (rarely this season mind) he just looks like a fat, unfit old man.

How has Haskell been playing?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 15 May 2014, 10:34 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:Just for fun based on the Welsh Probable's vs Possibles charity/exhibition game.

Nice informative post as always Rainbow..  thumbsup 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 15 May 2014, 10:50 am

Wales win % vs SA = 4%
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 15 May 2014, 10:57 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Welcome back Eddie!

How has Fearns played?...everytime ive seen him (rarely this season mind) he just looks like a fat, unfit old man.

How has Haskell been playing?

Cheers GF! Good to be back.

When i've watching Bath, he seems to have played well. Carried hard as you'd expect, but physical at the breakdown and over the ball. His tackling is always very good. He's just got a nice aggressive edge to him.

Haskell by all accounts has been playing well. 2 tries against Gloucester a few weeks ago, as well as physical presence and a great engine. Obviously had injury worries at the start of the season, but he's played well since his return. I have to admit, I do like him as a bench option, covering all 3 BR positions. But then we'd have to make a choice between Morgan and him on the bench, and Morgan is just so destructive to bring on

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 15 May 2014, 4:22 pm

We (Welsh) all know our Regions are Poopie thats wht he has arranged this game that you catergorically said wouldn't take place. If we were lucky enough that some of them had made it through to the finals of the HC or Amlin or even our own end of season play offs then I doubt this game that you catergorically said wouldn't, would take place
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 15 May 2014, 4:34 pm

Calm down Luv, its nothing more than a watched training session.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 16 May 2014, 8:56 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Nice informative post as always Rainbow..   thumbsup 

Yeah I thought I would raise the bar and come up to your standard ...keep up the good work thumbsup 
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 16 May 2014, 3:55 pm

Scrumpy wrote:Calm down Luv, its nothing more than a watched training session.

which was NEVER going to happen  picard 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down