The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English'

+15
Faldono1fan
Davie
Yadsendew
Rossa
raycastleunited
dr_peeps
Maverick
hogie
oldparwin
JPX
MustPuttBetter
JDandfries
super_realist
drive4show
KeizoYamata
19 posters

Go down

Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English' Empty Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English'

Post by KeizoYamata Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

Rory suggesting English players cant win Majors? laughing That was a cheap shot but it seemed to have done the job and Westwood had no comeback.

Over all Westwood seemed bitter, maybe because Rory has a major, has a hot Girl Friend, is the talk of Golf? Lee should have been the adult here the only bit I never understood was Rorys hanger-on ex getting invovled in the end. Isn;t it time she moved on?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/lee-westwood-taunts-rory-mcilroy-about-being-lsquohalf-danishrsquo-16051708.html

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English' Empty Re: Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English'

Post by drive4show Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:51 pm

Another of your childish digs at Westwood Keizo?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English' Empty Re: Rory puts jealous Westwood in his place -'At least I am not English'

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:52 pm

Thought we'd got rid of this moron.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

Think Rory, YET AGAIN comes out of this poorly, total child!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

Just ignore him

He's put his inflammatory comment up and won't post again on this. Let's not give him the pleasure of allowing him to sit back and watch us all argue
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Just ignore him

He's put his inflammatory comment up and won't post again on this. Let's not give him the pleasure of allowing him to sit back and watch us all argue

clap

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

thread closed to replies furious

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:02 pm

I saw this on Twitter and you're blowing it out of proportion, they were having a bit of banter, Westwood and McIlroy have been good mates for a long time now, and are always having a laugh with each other.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

All good mates like bragging rights, Rory has his just now, but I am sure it won;t be long till Westwood and co get their own back Drool

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

Totally correct JPX, sad that these guys having a bit of banter is interpreted by a few idiots as all out war. KeizoYamata we know is just a wum but JDandfries next time before you post why don’t you ask the grown ups what is happening!!

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

Keizo returns to WUM and it's not even worth the bite he has put out to bait.

Had he delved further into the twittersphere he would have noticed Weswood did comeback to it and it was along the lines of, no good englishman would be stupid enough to look like a clown COCO.........

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

hogie wrote:Totally correct JPX, sad that these guys having a bit of banter is interpreted by a few idiots as all out war. KeizoYamata we know is just a wum but JDandfries next time before you post why don’t you ask the grown ups what is happening!!

Grown ups? I hope you aint including yourself in that laughing

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_peeps Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:23 pm

OP, A sentiment shared by many of us lucky enough !!

dr_peeps

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

JDandfries wrote:
hogie wrote:Totally correct JPX, sad that these guys having a bit of banter is interpreted by a few idiots as all out war. KeizoYamata we know is just a wum but JDandfries next time before you post why don’t you ask the grown ups what is happening!!

Every time you say a word about Rory you are having a dig at him....... it's getting old.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

hogie wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Every time you say a word about Rory you are having a dig at him....... it's getting old.

Old enough to be grown up?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

Age and maturity are two entirely seperate things. feel free to have the last word I couldn't be arsed commenting further.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

JDandfries wrote:
hogie wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Old enough to be grown up?

JD - think you've touched a nerve here! Try criticising Harrington too... I bet that will cause a similar reaction.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

hogie wrote:Age and maturity are two entirely seperate things. feel free to have the last word I couldn't be arsed commenting further.

It seems you are right Raycastle

He talks about 'the grown ups' and there he goes taking his ball home - Sad

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

JD,

I'm with you, i don't really know the context of this exchange but the more i see/hear of McIlroy the more i think he's little pillock who needs bringing down a peg or two...
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

Always said i'm not a McIlroy fan and get fed up hearing how he's young blah blah blah.... He is also supposed to be a professional sportsman..

Nothing wrong with a bit on banter but considering his outburst to Jay Townsend who had a point! Think the guy would have learnt, still does nothing to endear himself to me.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

JPX wrote:I saw this on Twitter and you're blowing it out of proportion, they were having a bit of banter, Westwood and McIlroy have been good mates for a long time now, and are always having a laugh with each other.

Sorry but this is nonsense, it was not banter. It might have started off with Rory trying to be cheeky about enjoying seeing Europe winning but Westwood did not see the funny side. Lee was actually responding to Chubby about Rorys comment how is that banter when he did not address Rory but instead go about it through his agent?

Oh and Rorys Ex joined in the banter too? Smile

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

Maverick wrote:Always said i'm not a McIlroy fan and get fed up hearing how he's young blah blah blah.... He is also supposed to be a professional sportsman..

Nothing wrong with a bit on banter but considering his outburst to Jay Townsend who had a point! Think the guy would have learnt, still does nothing to endear himself to me.

Completely disagree with you there Mav - Townsend is a verbal metronomic plonker who's intention is / was winding people up; a bit like the author of this thread. McIlroy, defended his Caddie which I thought was the laudable thing to do. What I'm not so sure about is using the twitter medium for so called banter for it is easily open to misinterpretation, as is probably the case here.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

I think I'm with Rossa and Mav on this one.

Yes, it may have been banter (or indeed maybe it wasn't) - but with his track record he's starting to get a bit tiresome now

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

Job done Keizo.Well played.

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

Yadsendew wrote:
Maverick wrote:Always said i'm not a McIlroy fan and get fed up hearing how he's young blah blah blah.... He is also supposed to be a professional sportsman..

Completely disagree with you there Mav - Townsend is a verbal metronomic plonker who's intention is / was winding people up; a bit like the author of this thread. McIlroy, defended his Caddie which I thought was the laudable thing to do. What I'm not so sure about is using the twitter medium for so called banter for it is easily open to misinterpretation, as is probably the case here.

Yads,

Re: Jay Townsend, whatever Jay's intentions were Rory could have defended his caddy in a much more mature way than resorting to twitter with comments that were quite rude. This all despite the fact that Jay made a bloody good point!
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:15 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Just ignore him

I dont think Rory was that inflammatory, he just said some home truths. Maybe you dont like him saying Atleast I am not English'. Maybe Westwood and Donald can silence his jibes by winning a major like all the Irish players seem to be doing?

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Yads regardless of what Townsend is, Rory is supposed to be professional and his tweeted response to townsend and others in the past has made him at best look like a brat. The gron up thing to do would simply be what Poulter does, report the tweet through correct admin channels and then block the user....

Also Townsend did have a good point which Rory could have addressed in a dignified way and come out of it looking like the Consumate professional instead of looking like the jumped up little sod he came across as.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Keizo, you really are not very bright and clearly a WUM. All the irish players are not winning Majors. Only McDowell and McIlroy have, that's just two. Harrington is from the other Ireland and his were a while back.
You might as well say that the Irish players can't reach the top of the rankings but ALL the English ones are. Pretty stupid eh? That's how your statement sounds.
Or you might as well say ALL the SA golfers are winning just because of Oosthuizen and Schwartzel have. Nationality has nothing to do with it, it's mere happenstance.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

SR dont forget Darren Clarke!

But your point is totally valid. World No1 and 2 both english, far more career prize money between them and if you had someone to go out and play and get a top 10 for you if your life depended on it, wouldn't be the Irish boys who are prone to a blow up

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:22 pm

Mavs / Rossa

Hindsight is indeed marvellous, Townsend publicly criticises/ taunts and McIlroy responds through twitter - not the best communication I agree but then McIlroy later gave a TV interview, again defending his Caddie, and I for one did not think he came across badly at all.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

Maverick wrote:SR dont forget Darren Clarke!

But your point is totally valid. World No1 and 2 both english, far more career prize money between them and if you had someone to go out and play and get a top 10 for you if your life depended on it, wouldn't be the Irish boys who are prone to a blow up

Begorrah, twas the look a da oirish that got us those majors!!!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:26 pm

Yads, hindsight is a great tool. But regardless of what was said about Rory's caddy the same has been said by townsend and many others time and time again, yet they are articulate enough to defend there caddies with more than a childish outburst which is what it was. His initial repsonse showed him as a child in a mans game, and thats not something his management team would have wanted.

John Creggan: No one said it was the luck of the irish but in McDowells case certainly helped that DJ imploded. Just look at the prolonged careers of say McDowell/Clarke compared to Westwood/Donald and that shows who is the better player not a one off event.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

Mav,

I was having a laugh really!!.....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

super_realist wrote:Keizo, you really are not very bright and clearly a WUM. All the irish players are not winning Majors. Only McDowell and McIlroy have, that's just two. Harrington is from the other Ireland and his were a while back.

True to form you show how you are a bit slow. And what about Darren Clarke? 50% of the majors this year won by the Irish. That is not winning? Rolling Eyes

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

No worries mate...

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Yadsendew Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

Mavs,

I agree that it shows inexperience which may be described as immaturity but I find this young gentleman honest and sincere if somewhat spontaneous. It will not, however, be long before he is protected by 'media specialist protection' and that is when the views of this individual will revert to the conventional cardboard variety, as with all the so called mature pro golfers with the exception, of course, of the prolific Jay 'tweeter' Townsend.

Yadsendew

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:44 pm

Yads, Poulter, McDowell, Westwood, Donald, Bubba, etc etc etc many top players do their own tweeting and many of those get far more abuse than Rory who in general is fawned over and none of them retort in such a way...

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:19 pm

Laugh Pointless article and a pointless piece of 'journalism' in that Belfast Telegraph article. Shockingly bad. LW and Midgetmac have been friends for quite a long time and if you didn't realise that (as the Belfast rag journo would appear not to realise) it reads like a row. I'd be inclined to think not and even Rory's ex's comment is funny.

Nice try Keizo but you need a more believable piece for your next WUM.

I think McIlroy is impetuous with comments at times and could do with growing a up a bit (which hopefully he'll do with time) but at least he's honest and if he goes OTT, apologises after some reflection. Hardly the end of the World.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:37 pm

This is a non-story - yet still receiving 38 replies. Quite impressing. Is it off-season already?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

The author may well be a WUM, but young Mr McIlroy is disappearing up his own arse at a remarkable rate, that's for sure.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down