The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch a different person?

+21
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Scottrf
Steffan
Strongback
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
captain carrantuohil
catchweight
milkyboy
Alistair
Mind the windows Tino.
mobilemaster8
theanimal316
TopHat24/7
kingraf
superflyweight
Rowley
jimdig
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
shenglong2014
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Froch a different person? Empty Froch a different person?

Post by shenglong2014 Fri 6 Jun - 10:38

Anyone watch Ringside? Thought Carl was very humble and like a different person than the Carl we witness around The Saint. If Carl was like this all the time Id have no problems supporting the Cobra! Do you think George Groves just brings out the worst or has all the pressure left him and now he can relax?

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Froch a different person? Empty Re: Froch a different person?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 6 Jun - 16:32

Carl is a narcissist of the highest order. Lets look at the facts.....

He craves household name status. Jealous of the fame that Joe Calzaghe had earned for himself, Carl went on a verbal attack on Calzaghe that was not needed or justified. Deep down Carl yearns to be SPOTY winner though all he could manage was the dance show rubbish where he dressed as some bollywood type maniac.

He dumped his bird for a new model. Revealing the need to fit in with the football/wag like personalities we are so used to but he won't marry her even though she has given birth to his 2 children, you see for Carl its all about Carl sharing is not an option.

Carl talks in the third person. Something RJJ did towards the end of his career which spealt the end.

Can never except defeat even when it is abundantly clear that he lost to Ward he blamed his split personalities.

Believes he had a past life as a Roman gladiator warrior barbarian type mythalogical figure who has been re-incarnated into the current day Carl Froch but who's destiny has not yet been accomplished.

in short Carl has issues.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 6 Jun - 16:42

I think froch is an insecure person and i think one of the reasons for that is calzaghe, you could see it on his face when they were talking about calzaghe HOF induction

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 6 Jun - 16:53

Haha, excellent one-two. Diagnosis nailed.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 6 Jun - 16:55

jimdig wrote:Haha, excellent one-two. Diagnosis nailed.

Although less great on the definition of the word facts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 6 Jun - 17:39

Rowley wrote:
jimdig wrote:Haha, excellent one-two. Diagnosis nailed.

Although less great on the definition of the word facts.

He did manage to spell that word correctly though, jeff, so a step in the right direction.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 6 Jun - 17:47

mythalogical.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 6 Jun - 18:15

Haven't seen the Ringside, but he has been unnecessarily bell-endish this week, IMO.

Have lost total respect for him as a personality. Big respect for his career though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 6 Jun - 19:00

Yeah tophat he has been a bit of a tool this week but i guess he is gloating in the glory

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Fri 6 Jun - 19:27

I heard him say that Groves and Fitzpatrick had said some horrible stuff about him. All they did was point out the flaws in his boxing, nothing personal. Carl said much worse and personal things about George in the build up to his first fight, about having bad breath and losing his hair. Personally I have warmed to Froch slightly over the past few weeks. Spoke very well in the post-fight interview.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 6 Jun - 21:11

Paddy tweeted that if Froch could show he'd said anything false/misleading and/or hurtful/spiteful he'd donate £x to charity.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 6 Jun - 21:18

I love it. Im glad he sparked Groves out purely for Groves being a complete Kumquat in both fight build ups....something I didn't think he was.

Goes on about the amateur style of Carl and how pathetic it is, will knock him out in 3, I'm better in every department.......

You got knocked out twice kid, so clearly your not.

I couldn't be happier this week and Carl should be too.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jun - 21:41

Froch's continued criticism of Groves is uncalled for. He won the fight decisively and Groves has been sportsman-like in his appreciation of Froch's performance. Someone one wrote that the difference between men and women is that women are happy just to win whereas men want the other guy to know that he lost. Rubbing it in is going to undo the work Froch has done to garner some public support. Carry on like this a people will start to think that Groves had a point!

Also read this week that Froch has dismissed Degale as "unworthy" of a fight citing the fact that he's already lost to the guy he just knocked. There are ways and means of explaining your reasons for not wanting to fight a particular person but yet again, Carl seems determined to shoot him self in the foot...using a cannon!

Good luck to him, hope he gets what he wants and deserves!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 6 Jun - 21:45

mobilemaster8 wrote:
You got knocked out twice kid,

He didn't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 6 Jun - 21:52

The ironic thing is, I bet Groves isn't half as upset as some people on here are.

He gave Froch plenty of sh*t before both fights (as did Carl to him) and now he is getting a bit back after losing.  Big deal.

They clearly dislike each other but Groves doesn't strike me as the sort of person to be bothered by Carl's post fight attitude.  He was probably expecting it the minute he got up off the floor.  Groves is way more intelligent and comfortable dealing in pre-fight hype than Froch is and had a calculated plan to get under Froch's skin at every opportunity.  It generally worked but Groves is bright enough to realise he would get some back if he lost.  I doubt he really listens or cares.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 6 Jun - 22:18; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 6 Jun - 21:55

He did rowley.

Controversial or not, he still has two back to back KO losses. One by accumulation of punches to the face and the other a one punch detonation on his chin.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 6 Jun - 21:57

He has two stoppage losses, not two knockouts, they are not the same thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 6 Jun - 21:58

Ok my bad, I wasn't technically speaking as in he got sparked.

But in one fight he got knocked out and in the other he got stopped.

I'm sure its a technical knockout in the record books though Rowley. I may be wrong and if so then again my bad.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 6 Jun - 22:03

TKO Loss - Technical Knock Out

George has 2 of those according to the record books Rowley. Sorry mate!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 6 Jun - 22:14

I know it is classed as a TKO, but for me saying he has been knocked out twice suggests he has been put over and counted out both times, which we both know is not the case.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jun - 22:16

I'm sure Groves has 2 million reasons not to be too bothered about it though...shame Froch isn't a tad more grateful to Groves for securing his biggest ever payday!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 6 Jun - 22:29

One thing I never lose sight of with froch is that he is a value for money fighter. His will to win way exceeds his talent. He is a bit of a tool though. I thought he was a little reserved this week. Heard him on the beeb a couple of times.
I was going to draw a hatton comparison, talking in 3rd person at the height/tail end of his career. But I think hatton progressed towards that, froch always been the same. He's consistency personified, personality and boxing wise. Good luck to him, he earns every penny. I read him recently saying that he's a young 36, that he hasn't taken the kind of punishment people think he has. Sorry Carl you have, you've take inhumane punishment over your career, maybe starting professionally later has helped, but I doubt it, your just a hard hard man cut from a different cloth.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 6 Jun - 22:31

DAVE667 wrote:
Also read this week that Froch has dismissed Degale as "unworthy" of a fight citing the fact that he's already lost to the guy he just knocked. There are ways and means of explaining your reasons for not wanting to fight a particular person but yet again, Carl seems determined to shoot him self in the foot...using a cannon!

Explaining his reasons using facts? It's hardly a crime. What he's saying is legitimate. Froch fought Groves twice, and won both; regardless of how the first fight is viewed. If Degale really wants a shot at Froch he should fight Groves again and if he wins that, then he's got a card to play.

Funny how nobody heard a peep from Degale until after the fight and then it's 'Carl is scared of my style', 'I'll knock him out'. Couldn't knock Groves out, dusts off a few journeymen and now he's the next best SMW? I don't buy it.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 6 Jun - 22:35

Always thought froch was ok when he wasn't talking about himself, and a complete tool when he is. Unfortnately, when we see him he's usually talking about himself. By his age he really should have learnt that compliments normally sound better when someone else is making them about you, rather than you making them about yourself. But hey.

I tired of his warrior bullsh*t years ago, but have nothing but admiration for his achievements.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 6 Jun - 22:38

jimdig wrote:One thing I never lose sight of with froch is that he is a value for money fighter. His will to win way exceeds his talent. He is a bit of a tool though. I thought he was a little reserved this week. Heard him on the beeb a couple of times.
I was going to draw a hatton comparison, talking in 3rd person at the height/tail end of his career. But I think hatton progressed towards that, froch always been the same. He's consistency personified, personality and boxing wise. Good luck to him, he earns every penny. I read him recently saying that he's a young 36, that he hasn't taken the kind of punishment people think he has. Sorry Carl you have, you've take inhumane punishment over your career, maybe starting professionally later has helped, but I doubt it, your just a hard hard man cut from a different cloth.

A loincloth

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 6 Jun - 22:42

Haha

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jun - 22:49

Alistair wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Explaining his reasons using facts? It's hardly a crime. What he's saying is legitimate. Froch fought Groves twice, and won both; regardless of how the first fight is viewed. If Degale really wants a shot at Froch he should fight Groves again and if he wins that, then he's got a card to play.

Funny how nobody heard a peep from Degale until after the fight and then it's 'Carl is scared of my style', 'I'll knock him out'. Couldn't knock Groves out, dusts off a few journeymen and now he's the next best SMW? I don't buy it.
There's using facts and then there's being an arrogant w@nkcloth to dismiss an opponent. Yes, he's riding high after the fight but one would have thought that, in order to endear himself to the public, he'd have the smarts to say that, at this time and despite his mandatory status, Degale isn't on his radar and do it in a respectable manner...given Froch is all about the respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 6 Jun - 23:15

DAVE667 wrote:
Alistair wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

There's using facts and then there's being an arrogant w@nkcloth to dismiss an opponent. Yes, he's riding high after the fight but one would have thought that, in order to endear himself to the public, he'd have the smarts to say that, at this time and despite his mandatory status, Degale isn't on his radar and do it in a respectable manner...given Froch is all about the respect.

Does he really need to endear himself to the public? In many people's eyes he's just proved everyone wrong by knocking Groves out, and now someone who couldn't beat Grove wants a piece?

Surely DeGale should have been more respectful to Froch, perhaps used the fact he was the better man v Groves rather than being the bratty, spoilt, disrespectful child begging for attention angle?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 6 Jun - 23:20

Froch is an a$$hole and a hypocrite

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 6 Jun - 23:25

Got to be honest get sick of all this guff about whether a fighter is showing another fighter sufficient respect. When did professional fighters become so sensitive and precious? Rightly or wrongly Degale is now mandatory for one of Froch’s belts and as such has earned a shot at it, and earned it in the way you are meant to. As such Froch has two choices if he continues fighting, either he fights him or he is stripped. Whether Degale tells him he is amazing or not has sod all impact on this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 6 Jun - 23:50

Imsgine the buildup of a fight between degale and froch im cringing at the thought already

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 6 Jun - 23:53

Rowley wrote:Got to be honest get sick of all this guff about whether a fighter is showing another fighter sufficient respect. When did professional fighters become so sensitive and precious? Rightly or wrongly Degale is now mandatory for one of Froch’s belts and as such has earned a shot at it, and earned it in the way you are meant to. As such Froch has two choices if he continues fighting, either he fights him or he is stripped. Whether Degale tells him he is amazing or not has sod all impact on this.

In the same way that i'm sure people are sick of hearing that Froch should be humble/thankful for Groves giving him the biggest fight of his career.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 6 Jun - 23:54

It's a relatively recent development, Jeff, one which I greatly deplore, but there's no question that it's one of the most irritating phenomena of the modern game. Even being a mandatory challenger appears to be no guarantee that a fighter will get his shot unless he just about prostrates himself before the champion.

To a degree, Froch himself should know all about this, since he spent far too long throwing missiles at Calzaghe when a more congenial approach might have proved a more successful path. However, from memory, Froch wasn't Joe's mandatory challenger and Joe didn't owe Froch a thing. Hatton-Witter is perhaps a more relevant example - I'm fairly sure that Junior was pretty close to being Hatton's mandatory before he won a different strap. As contemporary belt-holders, they ought to have settled matters in the ring, but once again, Witter's "lack of respect", plus Hatton's preciousness about it, meant that business was never likely to be done.

if your face doesn't fit and you're not a massive ticket-seller, mandatory status doesn't seem to mean much. In the real world, therefore, DeGale will proably need to think of a different angle, one which may involve the nasty business of flattering Froch to the skies.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Fri 6 Jun - 23:58

He did ask Rachel to marry him, straight after the fight? Obviously no one watched Ringside then....

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jun - 0:07

Alistair wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Alistair wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Does he really need to endear himself to the public? In many people's eyes he's just proved everyone wrong by knocking Groves out, and now someone who couldn't beat Grove wants a piece?

Surely DeGale should have been more respectful to Froch, perhaps used the fact he was the better man v Groves rather than being the bratty, spoilt, disrespectful child begging for attention angle?
He doesn't NEED to but he sure seems to WANT to

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 7 Jun - 0:19

Captain believe Froch was Joe's mandatory very briefly towards the end of Joe's career. Unfortunately for Carl this status came at a time it was obvious Joe was only looking for big names/paydays to round off his career. I do fear for James he may find this will mirror his current situation, with a similar outcome in terms of him getting the fight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jun - 0:29

Not even convinced Froch had reached the dizzying heights of mandatory-ness that Degale has. I do recall most people, especially Enzo, saying that Froch was British level at best and not of Joe's radar (I'm assuming that's what Enzo said, only ever caught one word in fourteen when he was talking).

Anyway, like I said before, I certainly don't begrudge Froch a whacking great payday. Whatever I think of the "warrior" personality, I've always given him credit when it's been due but for someone who bemoans the fact that people should respect him because he's a "world Champion (four times), he doesn't always behave like one himself. He has a lot of respect for Kessler but when it comes to thinking "I'll conduct myself with dignity even if the other guy doesn't" he seems to fall short. Rise above it Carl.

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sat 7 Jun - 0:40

Rowley wrote:Captain believe Froch was Joe's mandatory very briefly towards the end of Joe's career. Unfortunately for Carl this status came at a time it was obvious Joe was only looking for big names/paydays to round off his career. I do fear for James he may find this will mirror his current situation, with a similar outcome in terms of him getting the fight.

This is interesting Rowley I never realised that he was Joe's mandatory. I just thought he was up and coming/making noises at the champ.Joe is my favourite fighter so I have laughed at the notion of an up and coming Carl taking him on. Just checked wikipedia at who Froch had fought up to the point of Joe's retirement and he had beaten Dodson, Brian Magee and Robin Reid, and soon after that beat Pascal. That plus mandatory status gives him a more legitimate claim at a fight with Joe than I previouslt thought he previously had. However Joe had been at LH for his last fights and coming down to SMW would be unlikely at his age. Still think Joe wiped the floor with him at that time.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sat 7 Jun - 0:41

Rowley wrote:Captain believe Froch was Joe's mandatory very briefly towards the end of Joe's career. Unfortunately for Carl this status came at a time it was obvious Joe was only looking for big names/paydays to round off his career. I do fear for James he may find this will mirror his current situation, with a similar outcome in terms of him getting the fight.

This is interesting Rowley I never realised that he was Joe's mandatory. I just thought he was up and coming/making noises at the champ.Joe is my favourite fighter so I have laughed at the notion of an up and coming Carl taking him on. Just checked wikipedia at who Froch had fought up to the point of Joe's retirement and he had beaten Dodson, Brian Magee and Robin Reid, and soon after that beat Pascal. That plus mandatory status gives him a more legitimate claim at a fight with Joe than I previouslt thought he previously had. However Joe had been at LH for his last fights and coming down to SMW would be unlikely at his age. Still think Joe wiped the floor with him at that time.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 7 Jun - 0:42

He was the mandatory as Calzaghe stepped up to face Hopkins, he should then have face Inkin for the vacant WBC title but Inkin being a precious stay in Germany fighter thought better of it and chose the WBO route instead.

Couldn't give a toss whether Froch is a prat or not, he's given me years of enjoyment watching his fights which invariably are always entertaining. Even the fights against Johnson and Abraham weren't bad.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jun - 0:46

Dodson, Magee and Reid....and people wonder why Carl's claims were dismissed so readily.

Mind you, it's only like Hagler said when McCallum was angling for a fight. Marv basically said that whilst Mike may be good, he wasn't going to make Marv any money and at that stage in his career it wasn't in his interest to him.

Calzaghe wanted big money fights...nothing in a Froch fight for him

Froch wants big money fights....nothing in a Degale fight for him

Just wish they could be a bit nicer about it, like I am...the c*nts!

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 7 Jun - 0:47

Its worth addressing that Degale could be one fight away from being the first British fighter to win a gold medal and go on to be world Champ... In all reality he does not need to fight Froch. He is mandatory challenger, which means he is in fact very much worthy of getting in the ring with Froch, but if Froch wishes to vacate the belt then so be it, in fairness he has a right to choose his next fight. But should James Degale become champ, he will get huge press for making history as well as being another British world champ. Then it really would be eyes on a match with Froch and Degale, one where Degale would have even more experience and Froch would be another year older.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 7 Jun - 0:51

Could not have put it better myself HH, think a sense of perspective is in order. Carl is not a bad person, he does not beat up his missus or anything odious like that, his worst offence is being somewhat deluded/graceless. Be it Carl or Khan or any other fighter my opinion of them will primarily be based on what they do in the ring and when it comes to Froch (and Khan for that matter) he tries to fight good fighters and is invariably in entertaining fights. Has been in at least four that deserve to be considered classics and has provided me with probably more entertainment than any other fighter in the last ten years. Given this he is alright as far as I am concerned.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 7 Jun - 0:58

I can't think of another British boxer who has so many stand out moments, the wars against Pascal and Kessler, the heart he showed against both Taylor and Groves, the steamrolling of Bute or the punch perfect victory over Abraham.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 7 Jun - 1:08

As Jeff says, he's actually not that bad an individual either. For a good percentage of the time, I think he has shown himself to be articulate, informed and even the possessor of a nice line in dry wit. Granted, when either trying to nettle someone (Calzaghe) or getting nettled by them (Groves, anyone who felt that he deservedly lost the first Kessler fight), he hasn't necessarily turned in his finest hour outside the ring, but these have been venial sins, it seems to me. Personally, I'm grateful that he has usually had a distinct point of view, sometimes even an original one, and has hasn't always resorted to banal platitudes.

I think that he'd make a cracking television boxing summariser after he's retired, since I'd be reasonably sure that he would call things as he saw them, not with the waffle or patriotic blindness of some of those who are currently in the saddle. As a fighter, he is one of the all-time UK greats and one of the best value-for-money performers that Britain has ever produced. The two don't always go together, so his achievements warrant the utmost respect.

Last edited by captain carrantuohil on Sat 7 Jun - 1:19; edited 1 time in total

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jun - 1:12

Once Froch rids himself of the Calzaghe monkey on his back, I think he'll be fine (as well as distancing himself from the Lee Froch ape riding on his coat-tails).

There have certainly be better boxers than Froch from these shores but as most have said, there aren't many better value for money fighters.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 7 Jun - 2:02

Froch isnt on the broner level of plankness and i dont think he is a bad person

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jun - 2:04

wheelchair1991 wrote:Froch isnt on the broner level of plankness and i dont think he is a bad person
Bit like say a fighter isn't on a par with SRR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 7 Jun - 2:33

So Froch acts the Noddy a bit and some people get upset but the same people turn a blind eye to David Haye who really is a full on cynical doer of misdeeds.

Forch is a bit of a weirdo for me and is possibly suffering after all the punches to the head he's suffered but he is one of the best to watch. There have been very few dull fights.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Sat 7 Jun - 2:58

Do you think De Gale would try to get under Froch's skin? Or try the "I respect you" angle? If the fight were made of course...

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next