The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage I

+8
Fluxy
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
dammit_chris
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 Empty Season 7 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Congratulations to London Wasps the 2014 Premiership Champions

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 1Bath Rugby000000000000
2Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 48Exeter Chiefs 000000000000
3Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 2Gloucester  000000000000
4Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 7Harlequins 000000000000
5Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 4Leicester Tigers000000000000
6Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 5London Irish 000000000000
7Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 6London Wasps 000000000000
8Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 50London Welsh 000000000000
9Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 8Newcastle Falcons000000000000
10Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 9Northampton Saints000000000000
11Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 12Sale Sharks 000000000000
12Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 11Saracens000000000000

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm; edited 9 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 7 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage I

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:30 pm

it does for depth with Jones moving to the Blues, one thing they do lack at Dragons is a bit of experience so signing Powell could give them a kick up the butt and cover when Faletau is away. Signing of Burton was poor though!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:32 pm

I wonder how long Jones will last?

A lot of top TH's on rapid decline. Mas, Jones, Murrey etc have really struggled this season gone.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:37 pm

Rhodri Jones and Samson Lee are pushing him. Odd thing is that Jones played mainly at LH for Scarlets with Lee at TH before Wales moved him over.

You may see a couple of the props like Mas and Jones being a bit better now having adapted to the new rules. It's a lot more suited for technical props so I've enjoyed it
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:41 pm

Would say jones and Mas still WC. Mas was great for club and had some great 6n games noticeably against England.

Also had some mares. As you said yesterday most
Of these are due to PSA. They will not
Play for him. It's not selection it is much deeper. Agree 100% with you on that.

Lots of established th have had up and down seasons. Franks been poor JDP given most penalties in s15 and close to being dropped internationally despite having a good season scrum wise.

Cooper wooley being really good for wasps etc etc weird year for th props

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:43 pm

Agree prop hardly any props been consistent. I like the new laws when I play prop as I am more technical. I was less good at the hit across the line part.

Played mix of 8,6,4 and front row equally last year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:43 pm

I can't remember the last time I seen Mas have a good game tbh, he gets regular beatings in the scrum these days.

Slimani will have his spot sooner rather than later, he's a better scrummager by some distance already but needs to work on his allround game.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:45 pm

Yawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:46 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I can't remember the last time I seen Mas have a good game tbh, he gets regular beatings in the scrum these days.

Slimani will have his spot sooner rather than later, he's a better scrummager by some distance already but needs to work on his allround game.

That's why he plays for one of the best teams in France and is a regular international. Must be poor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:50 pm

What do you think of patchell prop he looked like he was a talent and is still young

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:52 pm

He's had a really poor season imo, even Slipper gave him a battering last week and has been dropped to the bench.

He's been a cracking player but definatley on the decline. Slimani is like a Mas clone, he'll be the French TH moving forward.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:03 am

Last week France did not turn up. For me worlds best th would be

1. Figallo- by a distance

2. Mas,jones, cole, Wilson plus some Georgians

3 franks, Ross, JDP, Ousthuizen

Very little between tier 2 and 3. Figallo apparently fit but if not all th much of a muchness.

Ayerza and Figallo as a pair is great to watch. Frightening. Rarely see such dominance at int level. Argies create amazing scrummaging props

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:17 am

On form this year Zirkavilli has to be up there been immense for Clermount. Don't think there's any stand out at the moment.

Question marks over Figallo following the neck injury. Mas, Jones, Franks, JDP, Cole, Johnston all struggled this year. Zirka, Ross, Slimani, Wilson have all had strong years.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:21 am

Patch ell is a bit injury prone at the moment it seems, should come foot with a full season under his belt, very good boot on him.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 6:13 am

anonmattyt wrote:Last week France did not turn up. For me worlds best th would be

1. Figallo- by a distance

2. Mas,jones, cole, Wilson plus some Georgians

3 franks, Ross, JDP, Ousthuizen

Very little between tier 2 and 3. Figallo apparently fit but if not all th much of a muchness.

Ayerza and Figallo as a pair is great to watch. Frightening. Rarely see such dominance at int level. Argies create amazing scrummaging props  

How can Figallo be the best TH "by some distance" when he's hardly played and suffered such a serious injury?

Ousthuizen would struggle to make a top 10 of TH's, he's very average there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 7:32 am

Always an interesting debate.....

Top 3 in each position NOT INCLUDING YOUR PLAYERS.

1. Healy/Ayerza/Domingo
2. BdP/Moore/Hartley
3. Zirakashvili/Census/Franks
4. Botha/Lauchbury/Retalick
5. Whitelock/POC/Lawes
6. Kaino/Alberts/Wood
7. Louw/McCaw/Robshaw
8. Read/Vermeulen/Picamoles

9. Smith/FDP/Care
10. Cruden/Sexton/Cooper
11. North/Savea/Habana
12. JdV/Fofana/Nonu
13. Smith/Tuilagi/AAC
14. Smith/Huget/Cuthbert
15. Folau/WLR/Brown

Bound to have forgot a few

Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 7:47 am

anonmattyt wrote:Yawn.

I just done the same when you mentioned Goode going to Bath was a good deal , two years of slating the bloke and then it's a good deal?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 7:58 am

It's quite hard doing the above without getting your some of your players in, struggled a bit at 13 & 5

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:02 am

Odd take on best players there for me. To be fair it's easy to miss quite a few.

Pape been garbage this year and people wonder how he is in French squad. Census , franks and cuthbert likewise have no form and AAC not a13 internationally since losing the 13 shirt to Kurindrani.

Etzbeth and retallick I would add to the 4 shirt. If it was irrespective of form Dagg would be in there for me.

Personally would have Murray at 9 and Farrell and wilkinson in place of cruden and cooper.

Would have Corey Jane in there and quite a few others.

If we did based on last 6 months form that side would look massively different.

See rugby world did world 15s in January with lots of pundits picking there side and I don't think one of them picked the same side. Great thing about sport is everyone has an opinion.

Would also have DAVIES at 13 amongst others

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:06 am

Try doing it without your players and it becomes difficult, you'll really struggle! lol

Totally forgot about Retallick, he sneaks in for Pape who hasn't been that bad imo and is a class act. Etzebeth is quality but hasn't played enough in the 6 monyths or so to get in for me.

AAC would be Aus 13 were it not for his versitility. Kurindrani is very average for me, hands and defence are well short of what you'd expect at Int level.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:08 am

Driver wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:Yawn.

I just done the same when you mentioned Goode going to Bath was a good deal , two years of slating the bloke and then it's a good deal?

Meant good deal for both. Indifferent about both if those FB's.

Miller a confidence player. When he is good he is very good. Both of those full backs are very good club players. Miller much improved under the highball. Great for sale last year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:10 am

Watch Kurindrani's immense hands last week to flip it over his shoulder. Moment of the week from the internationals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:23 am

I'm gonna include my own players as I can't do it without. Hopefully it doesn't come across bias. I have taken form into account but likes of Horwill and Genia still squeeze in. Think I've included 4. I can't split McCaw/Hooper at 7. Hooper clear on form. Everyone fit then that is my team.

1. Beast/Healy/Marler
2. BDP/Moore/Mealamu
3. Mas/JDP/Cole
4. Botha/Retallick/AWJ
5. Whitelock/Horwill/POC
6. Alberts/Kaino/Wood
7. McCaw/Hooper/SOB
8. Read/Parisse/Heaslip
9. Genia/Smith/Care
10. Carter/Sexton/Cruden
11. North/Savea/Pietersen
12. Fofana/JDV/Roberts
13. Smith/Tuilagi/AAC
14. Habana/Smith/Huget
15. Folau/Dagg/WLR

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:33 am

Good lineup Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:01 am

C'mon England. Looking good

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:21 am

My cheeky 18-1 bet on England by 6-10 points is looking good at half time.

Erratic first half. Need to take life out of All Blacks and drill them into corners in first 10 to 15 mins of second half.

Unload the bench they're after. Vunipola on at 6 for me. Wood playing well but we need the muscle.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:22 am

Wood has had some half. Does so much work. He has led the defence. Been our man of the match for first half.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:23 am

Would an out and put winger have finished that tuilagi chance? Great work from Ben smith!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:24 am

Jonnny May would of cleaned that up prop. Need out and out gas in that situation.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:25 am

Parling has been immense , put in some monster hits.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:26 am

Driver wrote:Jonnny May would of cleaned that up prop. Need out and out gas in that situation.

Pace is essential on the wing. Great defence from smith though. This is so exciting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:26 am

Johnny May would have crabbed across the field then kicked it out on the full!

What a game, we have been unreal.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:32 am

Hope we win this so bad! Imagine the 3rd test if we pull this off!

Given the chance i'm sure i'm not the only one who would kick McCaw in the face?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:33 am

Burrell not the way to go at 13 for England for me, midfield all out of shape in defence when abs attack at pace.

Our bench should improve the team going into final 20 minutes.

The packs work rate is unreal, even Wilson is flying all over the place.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:33 am

[ltr]@OptaJonny[/ltr]  46s
12 - New Zealand have not trailed at HT in any of their last 12 Tests on home soil. Achievement. #NZLvENG
Expand

Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:37 am

Stupid offload 36. Done it a few times. Does it for glos also. Terrible play

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:40 am

I said pre game I wouldn't have picked Twelvetrees and there's the reason why.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

I'd seriously think about putting Burns on for Twelvetrees and moving Farrell to 12.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

Just trying too much, we just need to calm it down in attack and keep hold of the ball a bit more. We're well in this still!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

Yardes kicking is dreadful. Puts pressure on us

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

Time for the changes?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

36 does not read a game well. It's his big failing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:44 am

Bomber needs to make changes now.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:45 am

Time for the changes?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:46 am

36 just let Conrad go straight through him.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

How is Lancaster not changing the midfield - get twelvetrees off, move Tuilagi to 13 and get a winger on the field.

Was a bold selection, clearly not working in defence.

Bring on Lawes and BV to shift momentum back

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

Get billy and lawes on

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

Lawes for Parling
Billy for Morgan
Ashton for Twelvetrees.

Got to change things
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

Tuilagi looks lost. Burrell 12 Tuilagi to 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

Great comeback nz. That's why they are the best in the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

Try aside yarde has looked way out of his depth. England have a chance next week if we pick the right side

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next