The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review

+70
geoff999rugby
Chjw131
Frankston
SimonofSurrey
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
EnglishReign
trebellbobaggins
BamBam
Knackeredknees
majesticimperialman
nathan
AFewTooManyKnocks
sad_gimp
Otagolad
Hood83
wales606
Pal Joey
nobbled
Biltong
kingelderfield
Metal Tiger
Manu's Boxing Coach
Barney McGrew did it
robbo277
Jimpy
aitchw
cb
Portnoy's Complaint
Cowshot
offload
formerly known as Sam
killer938
wam
jelly
andyi
propdavid_london
MMaaxx
WELL-PAST-IT
HammerofThunor
B91212
hugehandoff
englishborn
Scrumpy
Geordie
emack2
No 7&1/2
kiakahaaotearoa
George Carlin
Scratch
Rugby Fan
Gunner
quinsforever
englandglory4ever
lostinwales
DaveM
king_carlos
Poorfour
Sgt_Pooly
SecretFly
timhen
sickofwendy
milkyboy
bedfordwelsh
yappysnap
nganboy
doctor_grey
aucklandlaurie
Taylorman
Big
blackcanelion
74 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review - Page 11 Empty New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review

Post by blackcanelion Sun 15 Jun 2014, 7:23 am

First topic message reminder :

1000 posts and the 2nd test thread is blocked time to move onto the 3rd test in Hamilton.

What are England's chances of securing a win?
Could NZ win convincingly?
Will it be close again?
Who will play?
How much will the referee affect the game?

Let the banter begin..................

Oh, and feel free to discuss test's 1 and 2.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review - Page 11 Empty Re: New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:40 am

We've added more weight to the second row and our scrum is considerably worse. Wilson seems to be in Woodcock's pocket.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review - Page 11 Empty Re: New Zealand v England 3rd test & the 2nd test review

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

Barrett's such a great sub to be able to bring on, would be a starter for any other team I think.

Tom Wood would not. He's looked very poor.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

England showing a bit more resolve this half. Good to see.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

Jane ripped the ball and I thought Barrett could've found his outside men instead of kicking for touch.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:41 am

Taylorman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:lets have a warning please. this deliberate blocking/offside/sealing off has to be stopped. i absolutely frikking hate it.

lining up more pitiful excuses I see quins...good on you. (Note youre the only one doing it).
not an excuse. a fact. kiwis cheat more at the breakdown than any other team, especially when they are ahead. its a reason they are generally disliked.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:42 am

great kick nonu...back in the driving seat.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:42 am

B. Youngs actually showing some form. Bloody hell

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:42 am

top kick

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

nathan wrote:B. Youngs actually showing some form. Bloody hell

Yep. Looking more like he did when he first broke through.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:43 am

quinsforever wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:lets have a warning please. this deliberate blocking/offside/sealing off has to be stopped. i absolutely frikking hate it.

lining up more pitiful excuses I see quins...good on you. (Note youre the only one doing it).
not an excuse. a fact. kiwis cheat more at the breakdown than any other team, especially when they are ahead. its a reason they are generally disliked.

yeah whatever quins...I dont think they are generally disliked. When did you decide that for yourself?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:46 am

Taylorman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

yeah whatever quins...I dont think they are generally disliked. When did you decide that for yourself?

They don't cheat anymore or any less than the next team, I think they do get the benefit of the doubt more times than most

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:46 am

I want to cry every time I see an All Black running at Ashton

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

Kaino is that physical presence we've been missing with Messam. Great play there to execute the turnover.

Incredible passage of play. This is the time to go for seven. England must be out on their feet from defending so long.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

BamBam wrote:I want to cry every time I see an All Black running at Ashton

Why pick on Ashton??
Today it's everyone in a white shirt

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

Knackeredknees wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

They don't cheat anymore or any less than the next team, I think they do get the benefit of the doubt more times than most

Well thats a little different than Quins preaching cheat cheat cheat from the tree tops everytime something minor happens. He has a 'personal' hatred for them, and (foolishly) thinks everyone does.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

I'm going to deliver a series of self-satisfied 'i told you so' comments now, given that is the only thing that can cheer me up.

The first of which is 'I told you May is better than Ashton, who is a revolving door in defence'

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

Unbelievable continuity - England will struggle to keep up with this for the full 80

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

Think we would of been doing better with T. Youngs on the pitch.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

That is almost comically bad.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:48 am

i dont think Brookes is going to get on that well

i take that back! haha

Last edited by nathan on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

If our forwards can stop giving the ball away we could get back in this game.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

Good scrum that time England after a good first hit by the ABs

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

Taylorman wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Well thats a little different than Quins preaching cheat cheat cheat from the tree tops everytime something minor happens. He has a 'personal' hatred for them, and (foolishly) thinks everyone does.
LOL. this is what i mean. the infringements that mccaw does all day long are fine because he's one of yours...comedy. the rules are the rules. they are supposed to apply equally to everyone. if the ABs do get away with it more it encourages them to try it more. which they do, particularly mccaw.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

Fair play you kept NZ out for an amazing stretch of play. Had the strength to win the scrum penalty. It's just NZ's day today.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

garces seems convinced that whichever team is on the opposition's try line is doing something wrong in the scrum, seems odd.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

Hood83 wrote:

I'm going to deliver a series of self-satisfied 'i told you so' comments now, given that is the only thing that can cheer me up.

The first of which is 'I told you May is better than Ashton, who is a revolving door in defence'

Would may have stopped anyone of those try's?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:52 am

Knackeredknees wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

Maybe not, he wouldn't of looked like he's cacking his pants at the prospect of tackling though.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:52 am

Love watching Barrett in full flight. Fekitoa must have heard me as that was the time he should've kept running and then sought the offload in the tackle.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:52 am

Precisely ^

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:52 am

Knackeredknees wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

No he wouldn't off, Ashton (who i think is a prat) was on his own against 3 AB. Nobody in the world would of stopped the try

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

Great to Keiron on...show what us falcons fan know young man...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

quinsforever wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

LOL. this is what i mean. the infringements that mccaw does all day long are fine because he's one of yours...comedy. the rules are the rules. they are supposed to apply equally to everyone. if the ABs do get away with it more it encourages them to try it more. which they do, particularly mccaw.

Theres a difference quins. Your the only one sitting on the edge of you seat ready to hit the keyboard waiting for one to happen...it must help handle your obvious disapointment with your own side. So good on you...cheat cheat cheat...naughty mccaw.,...naughty boy... nah doesnt do it for me.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

Hartley had a poor game

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

I did worry about this third test.  AB's have time to click, England at the end of a long season and, though building, not yet at that level.  Always felt like at some point they could deliver a bit of a thumping.

I don't think it is all bad though, nobody goes there and has a fun time. Eng can still improve before next years World Cup and, at home, give it a go and hopefully do ok.

Last edited by trebellbobaggins on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

I remember Sharples never playing again after 'everything' Australia did went down his wing.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

Brookes is hammering Woodcock, howay the Falcons!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:53 am

Scrum looks good since Brookes came on

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:54 am

poor old cips, helluva time to come on!

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:54 am

Well, at least we've stemmed the tide so far this half. Defence much improved. Let's hang onto the ball for a bit. We get cut to ribbons every time they counter.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:54 am

lets see how many of those crisp passes Cips does that an English forward will drop

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:54 am

England showing some resolve in second half though

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:54 am

Hood83 wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

Maybe not, he wouldn't of looked like he's cacking his pants at the prospect of tackling though.

That can cover nearly everyone in the backs today

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:55 am

we cant blame ashton for any of this.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:55 am

Last 20 minutes...Can England come back. They did last week.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:55 am

blimey looked like we got lucky there, Brookes folded horribly

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

Lack of precision, lot a of mistakes. Big difference between the two.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

I wasn't blaming Ashton for the tries, but every time the ball comes his way he backs off or puts in a pathetic attempt at a tackle

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

And that attacking play by England shows the difference between being in the top 5/6 teams and being the No.1

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

stone hands burrell, what's happened to him?!

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:57 am

17 missed tackles for England just popped up. Doesn't show the good work of the attacker, but that's a very poor stat for us.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next