The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In

4 posters

Go down

Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In Empty Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:50 pm

Got to thinking about this after Kevin Mitchell's failure to make weight on the morning of the Maduma fight.

In his last couple of fights at the Welterweight limit it has been mentioned that Brook has struggled to boil down, and in less important fights he has opted to compete at catchweights closer to the Light-Middle limit than the Welter limit. With this in mind, I was wondering whether people believe the IBF route - with them being the only governing body that has a fight day weight check - was the best one for Hearns to map out for Brook? Do people reckon he will be inside the fight day limit and, if so, will it have a negative effect on his performance?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In Empty Re: Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:05 am

He's had enough time to train for a world title fight so I'd imagine he should breeze through the ONLY world title weigh in he has ever been a part of. If he misses weight on either day then he will get unimaginable dogs abuse.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In Empty Re: Kell Brook and the IBF Morning Weigh-In

Post by jimdig Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:39 am

I maybe wrong here, but although brook struggles to lose the last couple of 147 pounds, he doesn't strike me as a guy who rehydrates huge. So based on no fact based basis, I'd say he'd be ok with the 10% limit the morning of the fight.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:40 am

Biggest opportunity of his career thus far, if he f**ks it up he's got no-one to blame but himself. What's next? Allowing Kell to draft in Floyd Mayweather to take over if he gets a bit tired in the middle rounds?

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Can't see it being a problem to be honest. Hearn is many things but stupid is not one of them. If Kell had an issue with the weight check then the fight would not be happening.

He has fought in a few well documented IBF elimanators and has always been fine, so you would imagine he can cope with it otherwise they would have went a different route.

I really like Kell's attitude towards this fight, with the uncertainty it seems to be Porter creating it and not Kell. I may just be being brainwashed by Matchroom but i think he gets a lot of unfair stick, he has not progressed quickly granted, but he righted the wrong against Jones, and has now signed to fight Alexander and Porter, hardly the actions of a ducker. I am of the belief he would be champion now and would have fought Khan had the Alexander fight gone ahead, as i think he would have beat him, I have never been impressed with Alexander, very very average and beatable.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down