The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon day 6 Thread

+10
lags72
summerblues
laverfan
CaledonianCraig
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
Jahu
The Special Juan
Mad for Chelsea
invisiblecoolers
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wimbledon day 6 Thread - Page 4 Empty Wimbledon day 6 Thread

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 28 Jun 2014, 4:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Mikhail Kukushkin  (KAZ) v Rafael Nadal  (ESP) [2]

Santiago Giraldo  (COL) v Roger Federer  (SUI) [4]

Stan Wawrinka  (SUI) [5] v Denis Istomin  (UZB)

Milos Raonic  (CAN) [8] v Lukasz Kubot  (POL)

Jerzy Janowicz  (POL) [15] v Tommy Robredo  (ESP) [23]

Simone Bolelli  (ITA) v Kei Nishikori  (JPN) [10]

Nick Kyrgios  (AUS) v Jiri Vesely  (CZE)

Rohan Bopanna  (IND) [8] Aisam Qureshi (PAK) [8] v Vasek Pospisil  (CAN) Jack Sock (USA)

Interesting matches,

1]we wanna see what this kid Kyrgios upto after a great game against Gasquet, can he continue that? if he does he might get a date with Rafa.

2]Bolelli has the style of Fed, long time back I called him the poor man's Fed and I still stick to that, I don't think so Kei will have an easy match.

3]We have Roger , Rafa on centre court, may not be great opponents but these days does it really matter?

Finally we got a double match of an interesting pair of CANUS Pospisil and Jack SOCK .

Player of the tournament - Andy by a mile, great exhibition of skill, grass court play, aggression, groundies, serve, volley and running forehands, his aggressive running forehand last game was a treat to the eyes and he is playing better than 2012/2013.

Note: Coolers without smiley is very strange, I had to control my smiley buttons coz for some reason there is a bug in this forum which is loading the threads so slowly when a smiley is added, this wasn't an issue in the past, may be the mods and Admins can take the issue a bit more seriously, its now months since this issue is sorted out.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon day 6 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Wimbledon day 6 Thread

Post by summerblues Sun 29 Jun 2014, 1:44 am

With his loss today, Jerzy will drop to somewhere around #50.  I think that is just about right for him.  He had a couple of results which, if not outright flukes, were out of character (2012 Paris Masters and last year's Wimbledon).  Those have been keeping him at a ranking that was well above his typical performance levels.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Sun 29 Jun 2014, 2:40 am

yeah I expected so much from janowicz in the last 12 motnhs

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 29 Jun 2014, 3:51 am

summerblues wrote:LF, I did not realize you lived in Canada.  For some reason I was imagining US.  Agree about BC.  I lived a number of years there before moving south of the border.  Lovely place.

We now have quite a few posters based in the Americas; hopefully that will add more life to this forum during periods that are friendly to our timezones.

I do not live in Canada, SB, but close to DC in Northern VA. Because of my relatives in Canada, and visits in the past, I like BC and the Canadian west coast. I also like Halifax side quite a bit.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 29 Jun 2014, 4:01 am

I see, thanks for the explanation, so I had it right initially.  IC's post and your response confused me a bit.

I love BC.  I am originally from Europe and when I was moving to Vancouver to go study there many years ago, some of my friends who had visited Vancouver before me were telling me that it was the "most beautiful city in the world".  I am sure some other cities would disagree, but Vancouver, the West Coast and the Rockies are truly beautiful.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 29 Jun 2014, 4:18 am

summerblues wrote:I see, thanks for the explanation, so I had it right initially.  IC's post and your response confused me a bit.

I love BC.  I am originally from Europe and when I was moving to Vancouver to go study there many years ago, some of my friends who had visited Vancouver before me were telling me that it was the "most beautiful city in the world".  I am sure some other cities would disagree, but Vancouver, the West Coast and the Rockies are truly beautiful.

If I recall, we had talked about FiOS and Cable at some point. You did mention your European roots, or perhaps it was a PM conversation. I am glad to clear the confusion. iC and I seem to agree about quite a few things, including Canada. Vancouver is a beautiful city, but there are many others, in Europe, too.

This one - http://www.butchartgardens.com - will always be special for me.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 6:22 am

Seeing the order of play for Monday it seems Djokovic has another CC billing. I can't see him being off it now till the tournament ends. I would hazard a guess that Nadal will get CC billing on Tuesday.

Come on organisers sort it out.

Poor Stan has yet to see CC.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:48 am

Poor Stan has potentially 5 matches yet to play also, I'm sure he'd be happy to play anywhere to get them done orderly rather than play 3 matches in 3 days...!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 29 Jun 2014, 9:46 am

Been to Toronto for a basketball tournament a few years ago, it's a little (well, very) cold for me. Looks nice, though. Didn't know Naxy is Spanish. I'm actually about as Spanish as a braai in the bush, but my dad is a neutralized Spaniard, and my youngest sister was born there. Travelling through Europe on a S.A. passport is a struggle I wouldn't wish on anyone, so I'm trying to get a Spanish one by virtue of parentage.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:22 pm

Whatever little I saw of this Kid I am very impressed, he looks for me like Baby Tsonga version of 2008, very similar looks, height, weight and game.

His backhand is a monster and a very good forehand and serve, his movements are not great but not bad either, something he could certainly learn watching Fed's videos.

1]Will he Beat Rafa? I don't think so, it could be straight sets to Rafa.
2]Can He beat Rafa? Definitely yes, I am finally happy to see an youngster with so much talent, hard work and mental fortitude.

He could definetly give more than a scare.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:24 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Seeing the order of play for Monday it seems Djokovic has another CC billing. I can't see him being off it now till the tournament ends. I would hazard a guess that Nadal will get CC billing on Tuesday.

Come on organisers sort it out.

Poor Stan has yet to see CC.

Stan is not a local man nor a top 4 seed to get a preference over Djoko for the centre court, Stan might have to make his move and may be get a CC if he makes the quarters, coz the other swiss will get the CC for quarters.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 29 Jun 2014, 8:56 pm

kingraf wrote:Travelling through Europe on a S.A. passport is a struggle I wouldn't wish on anyone, so I'm trying to get a Spanish one by virtue of parentage.

Hope you get one quickly.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:23 pm

Thanks LF. It has proven a bit of a struggle, one I will only pick up again in December when I can fly there. Hopefully by 2015, it will be sorted out. The pain of getting a Visa for everywhere you go is a nightmare.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:21 am

kingraf wrote:Thanks LF. It has proven a bit of a struggle, one I will only pick up again in December when I can fly there. Hopefully by 2015, it will be sorted out. The pain of getting a Visa for everywhere you go is a nightmare.

Switch to Canada we welcome all  Very Happy 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:51 am

I might swap a spare british pass. for Canadian. Keep within the Royals  Laugh 
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm

I don't actually want to move, I just want an EU passport.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4