The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play.

+7
lags72
biugo
summerblues
LuvSports!
Duty281
laverfan
temporary21
11 posters

Go down

Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play. Empty Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play.

Post by temporary21 Sun 28 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

Brace yourself Agnus its that time of year again!

Wimbledon starts officially tomorrow, for those of you thinking of going there day 1, the order of play is out!

Centre Court
Djokovic vs Kohlscreiber
Sharapova vs Konta
Wawrinka vs Sousa

Court 1
Serena Williams vs Gasparyan
Bolleli vs Nishikori
Dimitrov Delbonis

Court 2
Kyrgios vs Schwatrzman
Neiminen vs Hewitt
Riske vs Safarova
Watson vs Garcia

Court 3
Cilic vs Moriya
Xu vs Ivanovic
Gimeno Traver vs Raonic
Brengle vs Venus Williams

Selected others for ground passes

Soeda vs Isner, second on court 12

Saville vs Gasquet third on court 18

Some really good other matches too, could be a great day!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play. Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play.

Post by laverfan Mon 29 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm

Watched a bit of Kyrgios v Schwartzman and Tipsarevic v Granollers.

Zeballos v Goffin not very exciting initially, but the TB was interesting.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play. Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 0 and Day 1 Thread, Order of play.

Post by Duty281 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:05 pm

Broady has shown moments of quality, but has p!ssed away seven break points, and is two sets down.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:08 pm

Good to see Thiem fighting back from a set and a break down to now being a set all and a break up himself! 
Goffin 2 sets up as well Very Happy

Matosevic hasn't won since February, 11 straight losses. 2 sets up vs Broady. Not good enough.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 1:59 pm

Kohli playing sort of ok most of the set but then chokes the set away while serving at 4:5. He saved his only two double faults of the set for that one game.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:10 pm

Yeah poor game.  Good level of play overall though. Liam broady a break up in the fourth and fighting back well

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:28 pm

On serve so far in the second but Nole holding far more easily.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by biugo Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

picard poor Kohli

biugo

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

Kohli broken again at 4:5. this time it had more to do with Nole's play than his errors.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 2:41 pm

Other than the nightmare service game which lost him the first set, Kohli has done very little wrong. Some fine play from him, all the more reason for him to curse his miserable draw.

Novak looks in good shape after his post-RG break, producing some amazing stuff to rescue points which looked to be going Kohli's way.

This is as good a first round workout as he could have wished for. Will most likely come through in straights, well & truly warmed up for the battles ahead.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:01 pm

Duty281 wrote:Broady has shown moments of quality, but has p!ssed away seven break points, and is two sets down.

Tremendous fightback - experience shown beyond his years, particularly on his Wimbledon debut.

The blissful backhand was the backdrop for the gallant victory. clap

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:02 pm

Cor what a turnaround for Broady! clap

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:08 pm

Will Nole break now?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by biugo Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:10 pm

summerblues wrote:Will Nole break now?
Probably.. quite a tough one to be broke at 4-5 already twice... Worst moment to let serve go. Kohli had to chase the score the whole match

biugo

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:12 pm

Kohli's overall level good enough to beat soooo many other guys today.

But, sadly for him, not the (impressive) World No 1 ........

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:14 pm

Easy enough win - mostly on cruise control for Nole.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Mon 29 Jun 2015, 3:49 pm

Very unfortunate draw for Kohlschreiber, who played some good tennis today. He was the master of his own undoing in some crucial moments though.

A pretty rusty performance from Novak but just about solid enough to get it done in straights.

That's an early obstacle successfully negotiated but he'll need to raise his level quite significantly to defend the title.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 29 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm

C'mon Hewitt!!!!

Saves 3 MPs and gets to 5-5. I love his guts.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

That's nasty BB.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:24 pm

He's great!

9-9
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:29 pm

Wawrinka looking pretty good early on.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:Very unfortunate draw for Kohlschreiber, who played some good tennis today. He was the master of his own undoing in some crucial moments though.

A pretty rusty performance from Novak but just about solid enough to get it done in straights.

That's an early obstacle successfully negotiated but he'll need to raise his level quite significantly to defend the title.
Yes, I saw it the same way. Kohli playing ok but not really his very best. Nole good enough to easily win, but not looking that great either. But he has time to play himself into form.

I would love to see Stan vs Nole here yet again - but I do not expect Stan to make it that far.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

Hewitt. Crying or Very sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm

Arghhhh.

Crying or Very sad

Another champion passes into history.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm

Everyone seems to be writing Rafa off but I could see him do quite well.  He might need a bit of luck, but things could work out for him:

1.  He should be able to make QF.  The player that looks most dangerous to me on his way there is probably Troicki, and Rafa had just beaten him confortably a couple of weeks ago.

2.  If he plays Andy in QF, I expect Andy might win.  So here he may do with some luck - but if Andy somehow fails to make QF then I would think Rafa makes SF and probably final also (I do not see him losing to Fed or Berdych).

3.  In the final, he might yet again need a bit of luck.  Either a subpar Nole or someone beating Nole before the final.

Overall, I expect Rafa will not win the title but I would not be totally shocked if he did.

Also, we should remember he won one of the grass court warm up tournaments, so it is not like his form is totally nowhere.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 5:50 pm

bogbrush wrote:Arghhhh.

Crying or Very sad

Another champion passes into history.

Yep, and a bit of a sad ending to his Wimbledon career I guess.

Coming into this with a 5-0 h2h advantage, Hewitt must have been reasonably hopeful of at least getting past Nieminen once more ; but the harsh reality is that he had managed a combined total of just two wins across the last five Slams entered, and has pretty much lost the ability to close out a match.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:21 pm

Nishikori Limps over the line in 5. His injured calf looks pretty bad, has the face of a man who might pull out next round

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:22 pm

Stan's level drops significantly in the second set but he takes it anyway.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:37 pm

temporary21 wrote:Nishikori Limps over the line in 5. His injured calf looks pretty bad, has the face of a man who might pull out next round

No hint of that in a (brief) post-match interview, in fact he seemed fairly upbeat when asked about the injury.

Hopefully he will be in good shape for R2 .........

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm

lags72 wrote:
temporary21 wrote:Nishikori Limps over the line in 5. His injured calf looks pretty bad, has the face of a man who might pull out next round

No hint of that in a (brief) post-match interview, in fact he seemed fairly upbeat when asked about the injury.

Hopefully he will be in good shape for R2 .........
He didnt look that way hen he limped off with almost no celebration though

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:57 pm

Wawrinka's transformation to a Clay courter under Norman is now complete. He cannot even volley. clap clap

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 29 Jun 2015, 6:59 pm

I say that and he volleys of his shoe laces. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:14 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:Very unfortunate draw for Kohlschreiber, who played some good tennis today. He was the master of his own undoing in some crucial moments though.

Really?

I think the only match he'll need to raise his level for is the final. Otherwise it looks as easy a slam draw as I can remember.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:17 pm

summerblues wrote:Everyone seems to be writing Rafa off but I could see him do quite well.  He might need a bit of luck, but things could work out for him:

1.  He should be able to make QF.  The player that looks most dangerous to me on his way there is probably Troicki, and Rafa had just beaten him confortably a couple of weeks ago.

2.  If he plays Andy in QF, I expect Andy might win.  So here he may do with some luck - but if Andy somehow fails to make QF then I would think Rafa makes SF and probably final also (I do not see him losing to Fed or Berdych).

3.  In the final, he might yet again need a bit of luck.  Either a subpar Nole or someone beating Nole before the final.

Overall, I expect Rafa will not win the title but I would not be totally shocked if he did.

Also, we should remember he won one of the grass court warm up tournaments, so it is not like his form is totally nowhere.

All very possible... if the real Rafa turns up.

But he hasn't looked like the real Rafa for about 14 months (apart from the last couple of rounds of RG last year).

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Tue 30 Jun 2015, 3:50 am

The qualification is :if the REAL Rafa turns up to play. I'll be worried for him once things get tense, just like in that Dolgo match, losing a winnable match!

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue 30 Jun 2015, 5:46 am

I don't know that I see it the same.  What I meant was that the current Rafa has a better chance than people are giving him.  Of course if Rafa were to find his old form, his chance would only improve.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down