The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion?

+2
BD21
Shot 21 LCFC
6 posters

Go down

Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion? Empty Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion?

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:42 am

Who do you think will take the strap vacated by Bad News Barrett at Battleground? I cant see past Cesaro...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion?

Post by BD21 Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

Have to agree. Heyman keeps going on about being a strategist but Cesaro has to back to up sooner or later

BD21

Back to top Go down

Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion? Empty Re: Who Is Going To Be The Next Intercontinental Champion?

Post by Prometheus Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:28 am

Traditionally the IC champ has been the best in-ring performer. So, I'd absolutely love Ziggler to get the strap. But, I think we all know that isn't going to happen, and I agree with Cesaro.

What I like with this angle is that he could become the King of the Battle Royale. With the Andre the Giant tournament win, if the takes the IC this way, and then if he gets a win at the Royal Rumble I think it would be a way to build his character and put him in the main event in a year's time.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 pm

I think if Lesnar is coming back then they need to seperate Cesaro and Heyman. I thought this would've helped Cesaro go to the next level but he's just a vessel for Lesnar. I dont think he should have turned heel. If a guy is naturally over as a face you should run with it.

He's certainly the favourite at this point, but I'd prefer to see Ziggler win.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Rusev

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:55 pm

I'd like to see Ziggler get it, he really needs something to get him running again, i like Cesaro but I feel they need to do more than just stick a belt on him, I feel thats a lazy option with Cesaro, they saw enough in him to align him with Heyman and make a big deal about him so I think they need to work out a path for him that can take him to the next level...Dolph is in a different boat IMO, he's been at that stage, I dont think his character can go down the rout of the ng road again, he's running out of time to be a big deal, sooner or later it's gonna be make or break for him or else he'll find himself in the Matt Hardy spot for the remainder of his WWE career

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Personally I kind of think that a lot more is made of the fact that Cesaro was a face. Really he was only over because of the swing, which felt like a strongman equivalent of the worm. You know a kind of set up that the crowd can enjoy, but isn't really ever going to be a devastating finisher.

So, I saw him becoming a Heyman-man to be as much about him being recognised more for his wrestling than just about being a heel turn.

I will agree that its not been a huge success. That Heyman sells Lesnar when its Cesaro appearing, that he's not really built on that recognition and he really needs some better entrance music.

But I do think he's improving in the ring. And I think his build and strength gives him the scope to work with a number of potential opponents. If WWE believe in him I think this is a logical step.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down