The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey

5 posters

Go down

What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey Empty What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey

Post by Prometheus Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:51 pm

Having taken her Rowdy name from wrestling, I wondered what (if anything WWE) could take from Ronda. With her win at UFC 175 over the weekend, she appears to have hit 3 key points:

1) She's arguably the most over female fighter ever. I know that I pay money to watch her, which I can't say I would have ever done for Lana or Chyna or any other female fighter.

2) She's on a devastating streak of 1st round wins that makes even a 16s victory worth the entry fee. It feels like watching Tyson at his prime when there was equal interest in his explosive power and how fast he would knock his opponent out as there was in whether anyone could stand up to him.

3) She's turning from heel to face. Its hard not to like a winner who is so on top of their game, and the crowd reaction is going 180 degrees in response to that.

Obviously MMA and WWE are very different arenas, but there are also parallels and similarities. It might be that you can't capture lightening in a bottle. But I can't help thinking that WWE should be looking at her and wondering what, if anything, they can take from her rise.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey Empty Re: What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey

Post by Samo Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm

Prometheus wrote:

1) She's arguably the most over female fighter ever.  I know that I pay money to watch her, which I can't say I would have ever done for Lana or Chyna or any other female fighter.

Trish Stratus and Lita
Prometheus wrote:
2) She's on a devastating streak of 1st round wins that makes even a 16s victory worth the entry fee.  It feels like watching Tyson at his prime when there was equal interest in his explosive power and how fast he would knock his opponent out as there was in whether anyone could stand up to him.
Rusev
Prometheus wrote:
3) She's turning from heel to face.  Its hard not to like a winner who is so on top of their game, and the crowd reaction is going 180 degrees in response to that.

The Shield

Samo

Back to top Go down

What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey Empty Re: What can WWE learn from Ronda Rousey

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 07 Jul 2014, 7:00 pm

Wouldn't surprise me to see Rousey in the WWE within the next two years.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 07 Jul 2014, 11:41 pm

Her vs. AJ Lee and Punk would probably have a field day!
Would love to see her in the WWE, but I wouldn't have her take on the Divas division. I'd love to see her go toe to toe with the guys like Chyna/Lita/Beth Phoenix occasionally did.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 08 Jul 2014, 6:40 am

Think you're right Jammy. Kharma/Awesome Kong would have been an ideal opponent for Ronda.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by poc.sco Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

Firstly I don't like her as an athlete and for me lacks the sportsman like attributes a top fighter/ superstar should have, she is very arrogant and shows little respect for some of her opponents by refusing to shake hands after weigh-in's or fights. Also she is not on a run of 1st round wins, Meisha Tate took her beyond round 1 for the first time in the fight prior to Saturday's.

regarding the OP:
1) I don't watch her fight due to my thoughts on her as a person/ athlete so no draw for me.

2) A great athlete with a number of 1st round victories - but her childhood and parentage made her the dominant figure she is today, her mum was a real tough Judoka in her own right and installed that in Rousey even to the point making her compete injured to learn her trade. A bit OTT as a parent for me.

3) She is the female UFC version of John Cena - some love, some hate!

An amazing athlete yes, bad human being for me.

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down