The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Long Have You Been Posting On 606?

+20
Knowsit17
wheelchair1991
3fingers
Yojimbonufc
Steffan
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
mobilemaster8
jimdig
ONETWOFOREVER
John Bloody Wayne
hampo17
Hammersmith harrier
Dipper Brown
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
kingraf
Rowley
Derbymanc
Strongback
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How Long Have You Been Posting On 606? Empty How Long Have You Been Posting On 606?

Post by Strongback Sat 12 Jul - 0:30

How long have you been posting on 606?

I know the date is given on V2 but some people had different usernames and/or go back to the old BBC site.

I first posted in 2007. Rowley, Captian C, Chris were there amongst others. Trussy regularly picked an argument with the entire board back then.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

How Long Have You Been Posting On 606? Empty Re: How Long Have You Been Posting On 606?

Post by Derbymanc Sat 12 Jul - 0:32

What difference does it make?

I know you have to try and defend yourself now because you said me and Wheely had no right to an opinion (especially one that differed from yours) as we had only a thousand posts between us.

Just for info, been reading the boards since the old BBC606, joined up last year sometime, didn't post much and preferred to read more knowledgable posters articles as you always learn something.

Only started posting properly in the last month or so.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

How Long Have You Been Posting On 606? Empty Re: How Long Have You Been Posting On 606?

Post by Strongback Sat 12 Jul - 0:46

Derbymanc wrote:What difference does it make?

I know you have to try and defend yourself now because you said me and Wheely had no right to an opinion (especially one that differed from yours) as we had only a thousand posts between us.

Just for info, been reading the boards since the old BBC606, joined up last year sometime, didn't post much and preferred to read more knowledgable posters articles as you always learn something.

Only started posting properly in the last month or so.

Let's be clear this thread asks a simple question and it is not about you in any particular way. It's a bit of nostalgia on a Friday afternoon.

I have never said you had no right to an opinion. I inferred that you and Wheely were very strongly behind Hearn and that you could be plants especially given you had not been around here long. You are being way too sensitive about this and you should take the comment for what it is.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 12 Jul - 0:55

Whatever date my profile says, have never had an alias or deleted account on either here or the BBC.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul - 0:57

Strongback wrote:I have never said you had no right to an opinion. I inferred that you and Wheely were very strongly behind Hearn and that you could be plants especially given you had not been around here long.

Not to toot my own horn...

kingraf wrote:I thought he meant Derby and Wheelie were created by Hearn to implant an idea into our minds. This may also be the plot of Inception

But I called this Inception rip off from the start

Last edited by kingraf on Sat 12 Jul - 0:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote button difficulties)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 12 Jul - 0:58

I was a wee bit later than that, I think. Certainly missed the golden era of London Ring Rules and Ceej, anyhow! I read the old Beeb boards but very, very rarely commented until late-ish 2009….Regular poster from then onwards. Some of the regulars from v2 were in their primes then as well as a couple of top posters who have disappeared since, like IJK and Jimmy Stuart. Got my backside handed to me in most debates but it did me some good in’t long run!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 12 Jul - 1:08

Rowley wrote:Whatever date my profile says, have never had an alias or deleted account on either here or the BBC.

What year did you start posting on BBC 606?

Edit: btw weren't you called Jeff Rowley and Geoff Rowey in the past?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 12 Jul - 1:12

Around 2007 I think. I have had various names around rowley. Have never been an attempt to pretend to be someone else. Have normally been a reflection of by inability to spell Geoff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 12 Jul - 1:12

No probs Strongy, just for the record I have no issues with you at all just find your obsession with Eddie a bit strange/funny.

I am also in no way affiliated/know the Hearns. Just like the way he works and think he does good for his boxers.

I think a lot of the articles done by Rowley, Windy etc on the old boxers is brilliant and good for teaching us less informed fans of the olden days. Think Hampo should run a special magazine filled with just them.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 12 Jul - 1:46

On BBC 606 since 2005 but mostly on football, started with the boxing forum in '07 (after PBF-Hatton) under this username and kept it since. Migrated here when bbc 606 closed, kept the same name, think I was one of the earliest members of this site actually. My post output dramatically dropped off around 2012, got majorly facked off with boxing, big fights at the time not being made (juanma gamboa, PBF Pac etc), big fights that did get made being disappointments (Haye Wlad) and a lot of fights at that time having blatant corrupt or outright disgraceful scoring. Never really got back into the swing of it as a regular poster, more of a big fight merchant borderline casual fan these days. Still read the forum on a regular basis as there are posters who's opinions I really respect, notably captain & Chris.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul - 1:48

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:On BBC 606 since 2005 but mostly on football, started with the boxing forum in '07 (after PBF-Hatton) under this username and kept it since. Migrated here when bbc 606 closed, kept the same name, think I was one of the earliest members of this site actually. My post output dramatically dropped off around 2012, got majorly facked off with boxing, big fights at the time not being made (juanma gamboa, PBF Pac etc), big fights that did get made being disappointments (Haye Wlad) and a lot of fights at that time having blatant corrupt or outright disgraceful scoring. Never really got back into the swing of it as a regular poster, more of a big fight merchant borderline casual fan these days. Still read the forum on a regular basis as there are posters who's opinions I really respect, notably captain & Chris.
It's that sort of attitude which makes me glad you aren't on here more often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 12 Jul - 1:53

DAVE667 wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:On BBC 606 since 2005 but mostly on football, started with the boxing forum in '07 (after PBF-Hatton) under this username and kept it since. Migrated here when bbc 606 closed, kept the same name, think I was one of the earliest members of this site actually. My post output dramatically dropped off around 2012, got majorly facked off with boxing, big fights at the time not being made (juanma gamboa, PBF Pac etc), big fights that did get made being disappointments (Haye Wlad) and a lot of fights at that time having blatant corrupt or outright disgraceful scoring. Never really got back into the swing of it as a regular poster, more of a big fight merchant borderline casual fan these days. Still read the forum on a regular basis as there are posters who's opinions I really respect, notably captain & Chris.
It's that sort of attitude which makes me glad you aren't on here more often.

Sorry, I meant notably captain, Chris and DAVE667 formerly DAVE 669 formerly DAVE667. His rivalry with Truss spans the 606 ages and has always kept me amused Very Happy 
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 12 Jul - 1:58

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Sorry, I meant notably captain, Chris and DAVE667 formerly DAVE 669 formerly DAVE667. His rivalry with Truss spans the 606 ages and has always kept me amused Very Happy 

It's lasted almost as long as Dave's 'bumming' (as that sweetheart Young_Towzer used to eloquently put it) of Haye has!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul - 2:02

88Chris05 wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Sorry, I meant notably captain, Chris and DAVE667 formerly DAVE 669 formerly DAVE667. His rivalry with Truss spans the 606 ages and has always kept me amused Very Happy 

It's lasted almost as long as Dave's 'bumming' (as that sweetheart Young_Towzer used to eloquently put it) of Haye has!
It's with a heavy heart and aching sacks that I'm often forced to take a break from both...at least on the boards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 12 Jul - 2:25

Been here a month or two and yet to lose an argument. But then I do cherry pick my arguments. Like the one about Eddie Hearn being in cahoots with the mole people and controlling the world from his base in a hollowed out volcano. You just can't dispute the facts!

TBE! TBE!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Jul - 2:40

Started posting on the original 606 in 2005 on the football board and didn't make the switch to the boxing section until 2008 around the time Hatton fought Malignaggi, was Los Diablos Rojos back then.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 12 Jul - 3:11

2008 I think I joined the old 606, which was round about when I first started following the sport properly. Quite unnerving seeing some guys like Chris talk about history and me not having a clue at the beginning.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 12 Jul - 4:37

I never joined, this is a hallucination that only you can see. None of the other posters can read this.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 12 Jul - 5:54

I started on the old BBC forum.

Had to change my alias many times back then. Was hounded out by the RUTHLESS MODS back then on BBC 606 headed by Rowley who had a lot of power. 

Rowley has mellowed out since then.

We never did get to the bottom of the whereabouts of several well established members who made the unfortunate mistake of crossing Rowley. We all found out that NOBODY CROSSES ROWLEY and lives......................................NOBODY!

Julius, London ring rules, CEEJ, How the fook, you are in our thoughts.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 12 Jul - 6:45

2006 on the old beeb 606, coinciding nicely with a lot of spare time at work to research, watch and chat about boxing. Both work and life have greater priorities over boxing annually since then.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 12 Jul - 7:37

Was on the old 606 forum and started posting from 2010 or 2011 but changed my name over the past year or so to mobilemaster8.

Loved the old 606 and love the current v2.

Lifer.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 12 Jul - 9:32

2007 ish (I think!) on the old BBC 606 as Bouncethethug - I have since become a lot less thuggish and am much more laid back, hence the "Mr" these days  Very Happy I post mainly in the Boxing, Rugby Union and Film sections.

I am not a "regular" as such, but I do drop in from time to time.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 12 Jul - 10:06

Given I recently stumbled across a thread from about 2005...  where I'd obviously been around long enough to be whinging that the place was going downhill... I guess the answer in my case is far too ducking long.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 12 Jul - 23:49

I originally joined 606 in late 2007. I made a lot of enemies from the start especially as I cheered on Mayweather against Hatton. My first user name was MonkeyMan but after I got banned the first time I changed it to the artist now known as Steffan. Back then I didnt find Truss as annoying as what he is now. Ceej and his hatred for Calzaghe was my main arch enemy.

D4 and all his Mayweather hating/Poochio loving was funny. Back then only me and Essex Cooler Boy were the only ones to notice was a vile horrid person Carl Froch was but we just got accused of being Calzaghe fan boys. Lots of David Haye lovers back in the day as well before his joke career at heavyweight. I was very nationalistic back then to which I have calmed down a bit. This forum has much better banter although some members constantly look for arguments. It all good fun though and I have made some good cyber friends since joining the old and new 606

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Sun 13 Jul - 7:46

I did have an old 606 account, but as with this one I'm too lazy to login, although there are always tempting debates/arguments haha.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 13 Jul - 9:46

who gives a Poopie?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 13 Jul - 9:54

3fingers wrote:who gives a Poopie?

People who aren't on Eddie's payroll.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 13 Jul - 23:50

3f's,It's so Strongy can decide that anyone posting after x date must be an Eddie mole, if you say you've been on for 3 years but only have 400 posts, more Eddie moles. Rowley and the Mods, well they're moles cause they get free stuff off matchroom apparently etc etc Until the only one left he can trust is himself and as the only impartial person on the board his view is everything and therefore Eddie is the devil incarnate.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul - 0:12

Can I add that I have had the square root of sod all for free off Hearn since I have been a mod on here. Not that I am bitter or anything.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 14 Jul - 0:19

Strongy yes i am a mole for eddie hearn you have rumbled me i get free tickets to all his shows and he pays me a full time wage to write on this forum about how great he is

#rumbled

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 14 Jul - 0:21

Joined the original 606 back in 07. First account got hacked, think I've been going by this specific username since 08 now. My activity has risen and fallen over the years but for all that here I still am, still offering up my views be they wanted or no, be they relevant or just rehashed bs.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Mon 14 Jul - 1:25

Ive been registered 3 years with 40ish posts. I must be a mole.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 14 Jul - 1:33

With a Post count that low you just have to be Eddie himself, oh bow down to the greatness that is here  notworthy notworthy 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 14 Jul - 2:02

Strongy will be in a rage when he reads what a low post count you have tut tut!! Smile

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 14 Jul - 2:37

How the hell do you check the posts you have done?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 14 Jul - 2:44

Ok found it by mistake. 2951 posts. Not too shabby.

Just shows I don't work hard enough really.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Mon 14 Jul - 18:31

been posting as irishbrads since the old forum

does anyone know whatever happened to manos de piedra, always talked a lot of sense but haven't seen anything from him in a while, i used to read his predictions before i did my bets !!

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Jul - 18:53

Been getting regularly abused for about 7 years now...

Prefer this site.....I know the first five comments on any article I write won't be from graffiti experts...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 14 Jul - 19:30

laughing laughing 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 14 Jul - 19:50

Manos just stopped posting on here a year or so ago brads. Shame, he knew his stuff. Just the nature of boards i guess, people come and go, circumstances change, or find a place to post they think is better (hard to believe on here I know!).

Quite a few faces missing, it has been really quiet on here of late

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul - 19:53

milkyboy wrote:

Its Boxnation's fault Milky. No new fans being exposed to the sport. I was right all along it appears.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 14 Jul - 19:57

We never doubted you rowley. You'd have thought new experts from the groves froch circus would have graced us with their presence though. Maybe our combined knowledge and intellect is too intimidating for new recruits.

We could ask Truss and strongy to dumb it down a bit for a while?  Whistle

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Jul - 20:12

Don't compare me to Strongy...

My Wum articles are confined to slow days to get the board moving....

I really am under appreciated....On here....at work and at home..

Should have been an artist...already tried slicing my ear off !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jul - 20:16

Rowley wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Its Boxnation's fault Milky. No new fans being exposed to the sport. I was right all along it appears.
No, everyone's on the rather elitist Culture Club thread talking about sandwiches, Hamptons, Goretex, seanmichaels' MILF-quest and why the North is infinitely superior to the South.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 14 Jul - 20:33

Rowley wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Once most people have a 'mate' that subscribes to BoxNation things should be alright.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 14 Jul - 20:35

milkyboy wrote:

You could write a Sugar Ray Leonard article.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 14 Jul - 20:40

It's Eddie's fault, he's busy sucking the souls out of all the 'real' boxing fans to keep his hair shiny.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jul - 20:41

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't compare me to Strongy...

My Wum articles are confined to slow days to get the board moving....

I really am under appreciated....On here....at work and at home..

Should have been an artist...already tried slicing my ear off !!!
Try going across your throat first...I suggest walking into a chainsaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 14 Jul - 20:46

Derbymanc wrote:It's Eddie's fault, he's busy sucking the souls out of all the 'real' boxing fans to keep his hair shiny.

Eddie certainly aims for the younger demographic who have disposable income.

Older heads are no good to him as they have seen his likes come and go in the past. They are not interested in hero worshipping him like the young bucks.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 14 Jul - 20:52

Strongback wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

You could write a Sugar Ray Leonard article.

Touche Very Happy 

though it's not a bad idea strongy... i'll write it and you could comment blaming the young eddie hearn for the debacle of the lalonde fight and thus all subsequent catch-weight world title fights.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next