The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 results

Go down

Week 4 results Empty Week 4 results

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Fixtures:

Basel vs Bordeaux
Bremen vs Twente
Getafe vs Genk
Granada vs Palermo
Verona vs Montpellier

Results:

Basel 2 vs 1 Bordeaux
Lallana, Campbell; Umtiti

Bremen 0 vs 1 Twente
Castagnos

Getafe 0 vs 2 Genk
Klose x2

Granada 2 vs 1 Palermo
Brahimi, Recio; Perisic

Verona 1 vs 1 Montpellier
Sterling; Niang

Tactics:

Basel vs Bordeaux

Basel:

Bordeaux:

Basel feedback: I like the attack of a big man and quick striker, not a fan of Blind in CM or of either of your CB's. Also like the idea with Lallana/Johnson on the wing, allowing Febian to bomb on as Lallana drifts inside.
Bordeaux feedback: Fantastic CB pairing, and solid in CM, not a great fan of your attacking options or Rosicky wide.
Overall game: Interesting match this one, both teams have quality in certain areas that I think even out, with Basel better in attack but Bordaux better in the defence. I think Basel just shade it, because I always prefer the attacking side and I think the Johnson/Lallana tactic works well.

Bremen vs Twente

Bremen:

Twente:

Bremen feedback: Don't like the passive approach, although I understand it to some extent. Think you are better than you think, and could play a more dominant game. I'd look to improve the defence myself.
Twente feedback: Unsure of the Scottish fetish, Gauld is a player who is very unproven. Other than that I like your side, your CM pairing is decent enough, maybe need a real electriying winger.
Overall game: I think Twente take this game, but only 1-0 as I think Bremen are better than they give themselves credit for.

Getafe vs Genk

Getafe:

Genk:

Getafe feedback: One make sure you're playing the right team. I like the experience in the side, although your spine is strong, your weak out wide, which is where I'd improve next.
Genk feedback: One of the strongest sides in the league for me. I think you need someone alongside Van Buyten in defence who is better than easily best side out there.
Overall game: Genk take this one for me, I like the attacking intent and I think they overwhelm the Getafe side who despite having an extra CM don't take advantage.

Granada vs Palermo

Granada:

Palermo:

Granada feedback: Good solid side this, think you could improve at FB, but love the front three. Midfield is a nice balance too.
Palermo feedback: Interesting formation, I like the outside the box thinking. Not sure you have the quality to play it though, CB's not great.
Overall game: Good game this one, I think Palermo have success going forward with the numbers they have, but ultimately I don't think they handle the Granada front three with the midfielders coming from deep.

Verona vs Montpellier

Verona:

Montpellier:

Verona feedback: Love love love the three behind Toni, great mix of power and pace. Not a fan of the two CM's, but you've made good solid defensive improvements to the side.
Montpellier feedback: Think the side might have one too many in the middle of the park, I don't like Bentaleb used like that, another striker might've been more effective. Your defence, and wing backs best in the league for me tho.
Overall game: Interesting affair, Montpellier clearly defensively sound, but I don't think they have the counter threat to take full advantage of a good gameplan. Verona have good penetration from the three behind Toni.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down