The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Least Favourite Boxers

+16
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Rowley
superflyweight
kingraf
milkyboy
Nakatomi Plaza
jimdig
EdWoodjr
Atila
Steffan
Dipper Brown
mobilemaster8
Gerry SA
Strongback
Mr Bounce
20 posters

Go down

Least Favourite Boxers Empty Least Favourite Boxers

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 19 Jul 2014, 10:48 pm

Following on from Hayemaker's Favourite boxers thread, we all know who we love to hate. 2 categories: from the past, and of course right now.

In the past I could not stand Steve Collins (still can't). I though he was a relatively average fighter who caught 2 of our best super-middles at the right time, and continues to dine out on it. Riddick Bowe for the whole "Belt in the bin" incident and robbing us of a potential superfight with Lewis - that and his utter contempt for training properly. Oscar De La Hoya: I could see he was a pretty good fighter, but boy did he know it. The smugness that radiated from his grinning mush after yet another victory made me SO angry. When Tito was given the decision in their fight I could not stop laughing (plus I won a bet with my mate who thought he was awesome!).

Today I would LOVE to see someone shut Tyson Fury's oafish hole. He keeps banging on about how good he is but aside from his size he has very little to offer the boxing world. That and the fact he's a "Character". Really? Think I would prefer to watch Britain's Got Talent. Or Jeremy Kyle. Likely to be more punching power.

And although I admire his achievements in the ring and recognise his amazing ability, I cannot bear the way Mayweather dictates who he fights, at what weight and with what size ring/gloves, and of course the drug testing thing. Just fight on level terms. Boxing ability aside, the man is a monumental cockbox.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Least Favourite Boxers Empty Re: Least Favourite Boxers

Post by Strongback Sat 19 Jul 2014, 11:22 pm

David Haye. Talked big and then ran like a chicken.

Least Favourite Boxers OmW6qps

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 19 Jul 2014, 11:56 pm

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Average boxer, aided by being Oscar's love child. So gets gift decisions to mask his very limited ability.

I hope the rumoured fight with Golovkin happens, as GGG will ensure Oscar's judges can't help Alvarez when he's in a coma...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 20 Jul 2014, 12:39 am

Agree Gerry. As much as I like Alvarez (in terms of his personality which came across quite well prior to Floyd), I with agree that he has been gifted decisions and is a love child of de LA hoya.

118-109, 114-114, 117-111 over Trout, Mayweather and Lara.....

Generous to say the VERY least.

GGG with be made to wear 20oz gloves if they fight so Saul can continue pulling the wool.

I hate Tyson Fury, probably the loudest yet most limited boxed in history. Ever

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:57 am

I'm not sure if I actively dislike any boxers but there are one or two I would never consider rooting for.

I find no redeeming features in Floyd Mayweather. Outside the ring, the man is an utter trumpet but there are plenty of those in boxing so I won't dwell on it. As the OP states the playing field is rarely level when fighting Floyd (that's boxing I guess, champion dictates) but it's almost as if TMT expect the opponent to come in, be grateful for fighting Floyd, sign the T&C's and leave with cap in hand. For such a seemingly dominant athlete, he doesn't half want everything on his terms.

This for me is the crux of the Mayweather/Pacquiao problem, for me Floyd never looked like he wanted the fight. I think his ego would never allow him to be billed in a 50/50 fight. It's anti-competitive and I direct the majority of blame for this fight never happening with him.

Boxing wise, I don't find much entertainment in him either. I'm not a fan who demands slug fests in every fight but the fouls, the clinching and spoiling in a Mayweather fight doesn't get me off my seat. In the past I have been amazed by the performances against JMM & Mosley and thought these performances put him out there as the best of his generation but it annoys me how every win by Floyd is described as 'a clinic'. Ok, that's his character assassination done.

Next! Antonio Margarito. I'm one of those who believes he used the hand wraps against Cotto and was delighted to see him beaten by Pacquiao, Mosley and Cotto in the rematch. Think Cotto beating him in the rematch is the most I've cheered for a fighter.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 20 Jul 2014, 12:17 pm

Carl Froch who is a loathsome slimeball. Tony Bellew is also becoming a very dislikable individual who thinks he is some kind of all time great cruiserweight despite achieving nothing yet. Hopefully Clev will bust him up

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 20 Jul 2014, 7:40 pm

It's a tossup for me between Ray Leonard and Ricky Hatton.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sun 20 Jul 2014, 8:20 pm

Let's hear it for Luis Resto.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 20 Jul 2014, 8:49 pm

Atila wrote:It's a tossup for me between Ray Leonard and Ricky Hatton.
Wow pretty much the most loved American and British boxer of all time. Respect for rowing your own way atila. 

Ricky referencing himself in the 3rd person in the latter end of his career started to wear a little. I wouldn't class him in the least favourite category.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 20 Jul 2014, 9:24 pm

I'm surprised Adrien Broner's name hasn't popped up yet. Absolute bell.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 20 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm

And after i'd just praised your restraint on the other thread!

I don't really hate any boxer's, but I find my dislike of their fans, or more directly what I consider to be the misguided nature of their fans, can lead to me 'disliking' the boxer.

I too never liked hatton, nothing against him personally, just the hyping of his abilities and refusal to accept the cherry picking of his career decisions that went on.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:18 am

milkyboy wrote:

And after i'd just praised your restraint on the other thread!

I don't really hate any boxer's, but I find my dislike of their fans, or more directly what I consider to be the misguided nature of their fans, can lead to me 'disliking' the boxer.

I too never liked hatton, nothing against him personally, just the hyping of his abilities and refusal to accept the cherry picking of his career decisions that went on.
Well, that's what made me take a dislike to Hatton, his fans, plus the way Witter was made out as some sort of inferior fighter who didn't deserve the opportunity to fight Hatton. While most were pulling for Hatton against Mayweather, I wasn't, and was I glad he got beat. I'm not really a fan of Pacquiao's either, but I was the night he beat Hatton.  

If Ray Leonard and Hatton were both active fighters now and were going to fight each other, I'd probably want Leonard to win, and you know that makes me want to stab myself with a fork.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 21 Jul 2014, 7:59 am

For whatever reason, I've never quite warmed to Cotto, and it got worse when he beat my favourite boxer Martinez in an OAP grudge match. But I absolutely despise a local fighter named Danie Bruwer. He's like the a-hole archetype. Him and his brother have very unsavoury personalities.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 21 Jul 2014, 8:41 am

Any of the Irish.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Jul 2014, 9:17 am

Probably Haye for me at the minute. Represents a lot of what I dislike about modern boxing. Has a totally unwarranted sense of entitlement. Rarely lives up to his self proclaimed "Mr Saviour of Heavyweight Boxing" and fights with a regularity that even by modern standards is shameful. For all his talk of saving boxing has little interest beyond the maximum reward for the minimum risk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 9:20 am

Have always had a dislike for Zab Judah, and never warmed to Malignaggi, either. I think it's a lot to do with what milky and Atila have talked about above; more a dislike for some of the excuse-making and over the top hype about their abilities which comes from their fans, rather than the actual blokes themselves (although having said that, while Malignaggi is a likeable character Judah still never fails to come across as a prat).

Throughout their careers both have had a few too many free passes when they lose and some quarters talk as if they’re these phenomenal talents who just always happen to have ‘off nights’ when they lose, rather than just admitting that they aren’t really fighters from the top bracket. I’ve heard loads of times about how the only thing Malignaggi lacks is power, and that if he carried a worthwhile punch he’d have been a top five pound for pounder throughout the last decade, which ignores the point that he’s actually been outboxed, rather than just overpowered, plenty of times.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Jul 2014, 9:25 am

I have met Judah Chris and can confirm he is every bit as big a tool in real life as you imagine.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 9:35 am

Good to know I still have impeccable judgement, Jeff!

Where did you meet Judah out of interest?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Jul 2014, 9:39 am

He was in the MGM when I was over for Hatton Mayweather. I asked him for a photo and he was just a right tool about it, started going on about how long would it take and that. TSMR was with me and had the camera in her bag so it was hardly going to take him all night. He only really agreed once his missus told him to stop being a bell end, or words to that effect.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 9:54 am

I make no secret of my dislike for Carl Froch but do appreciate that he's done well with his limited abilities however, he has become something of a twunt of late and for me it's ruined what there was to like about him.

Can't say enough bad things about Tyson Fury. So much more of an obnoxious tw@t than Froch will ever be without possessing a fraction of Froch's ability which gives you some idea of just how little I rate him. A beating of epic proportions wouldn't be nearly enough punishment.

Deontay Wilder...on a par with Fury but he pales in comparison to his fans who seem to believe he's the second, third and fourth coming of boxing's equivalent of Jesus. Deluded muppets that rate a guy whose best victory to date is that internet troll with learning difficulties

Adrien Broner...although my dislike is turning to pity as it's clear he's actually a sad, pathetic little t*rd who just wants his mummy.

Floyd Mayweather...nuff sed!

No sure about this one but Andre Ward is slowing undoing all his good work by being a sanctimonious pr!ck about pretty much everything these days.

Drinking in the last chance saloon - David Haye. Bit like having a dog you love but as time goes on you wonder how many more times it can pi$$ on the carpet before you decide to take it to the vets and have it put down. His latest comeback is going to have to be petty bloody spectacular or he's going to join Bradley Pryce on the "You're dead to me now " list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:22 pm

I see Steffanys comment was deleted. Any reason?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:27 pm

He's Welsh and so anything he writes is either A/ Hate-filled and inflammatory or B/ Completely illegible.

....or maybe it was for another reason. However, I stand by my comments re STEFFAN, he's a top fella who takes all the grief he gets in his stride. I wish I was more like him...except the bit about being Welsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:36 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I see Steffanys comment was deleted. Any reason?

Yes there was.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm

superflyweight wrote:Any of the Irish.  

Coming from a faux Scottish, Imperialist.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:56 pm

Strongback wrote:

Thought Superfly liked the chewy mints

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm

Paul Smith seems to be universally disliked at the moment which is understandable.

Abraham should soften his cough.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm

Paul Smith is disliked ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm

Strongback wrote:

Smirk.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:05 pm

Yes by Strongback, which means everyone dislikes him. Can you not see Truss that the man has his hair done. Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:06 pm

Surprised STRONGY hasn't just cut and paste the Matchroom roster

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:07 pm

The word .....Pseudo..... Is coming soon just like Dave's Wife !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:08 pm

I like Paul Smith. What's not to like? Nice enough guy, speaks well, clearly has a love for and knowledge about the sport.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The word .....Pseudo..... Is coming soon just like Dave's Wife !!
Well it is her birthday tomorrow, might get chance to see if the old magic wand still had a trick left in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

Paul Smith likes offer straightners to his critics. Enough said really.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:21 pm

Whats with Paul Smith starting to call himself "Real Gone Kid"?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:24 pm

Not sure but he's had it for a while.

It would be good if he could pick up the title but I can only see him being pancaked.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:27 pm

Smith is pompous and arrogant. He's a show me your medals merchant and thinks fans are know nothing idiots in comparison to him.

He's lippy and aggressive. Nothing to like and it's an opinion of Smith I have seen prevailing on twitter.

As I said Abraham will bring him down to earth.

When did he add Jr to his name btw.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:30 pm

Well I like him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Paul Smith likes offer straightners to his critics. Enough said really.

I have no idea what that means.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:31 pm

Don't see him winning the title though.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:32 pm

Strongback wrote:Smith is pompous and arrogant.  He's a show me your medals merchant and thinks fans are know nothing idiots in comparison to him.

He's lippy and aggressive. Nothing to like and it's an opinion of Smith I have seen prevailing on twitter.

As I said Abraham will bring him down to earth.  

When did he add Jr to his name btw.

Hahaha I was thinking the about that (Jnr thing)

He doesn't take criticism well...............at all. He's not a person you could debate with. With Bellew at least he see's other peoples prespectives.

I think the Abraham fight will bring him down a peg or two.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Well I like him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Paul Smith likes offer straightners to his critics. Enough said really.

I have no idea what that means.

Sorry mate, he told someone I know to meet him in the carpark for a fight. Before he was politely reminded he was a professional boxer.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:35 pm

Ha, really? Ah the macho world of boxing eh?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:56 pm

Still, if he wins against AA, you can look forward to him defending against George Groves which should send some posters RIGHT over the edge

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

Bernard Hopkins....I think his success is bad for the game...He stinks and he's got no class !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:FLOYD MAYWEATHER....I think his success is bad for the game...He stinks and he's got no class !!!
Fixed that for ya, TRUSSY

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:13 pm

Hopkins, Haye, Klitschko, Mayweather, Martinez, Ward - not a fan

Starting disliking Stevenson since he dodged Kovalov.

Froch is a real bumhole but hes value for money so Il give him a pass.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 21 Jul 2014, 3:47 pm

Anything Smith or Gallagher related. Tired of having them practically forced upon me and being how told how great they all are.

'What a great story'..... SHUT. UP.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down