The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part-time Champion.

+2
Crimey
Dr_Uzeboo
6 posters

Go down

Part-time Champion.  Empty Part-time Champion.

Post by Dr_Uzeboo Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 20:49

Hello all,

Query re Summerslam main event.....

If, as seems the opinion so far from the prediction league, Lesnar pins Cena, what happens going forward given his part-time status with the company?

Does he drop the title at Night of Champions & if so to whom?

It seems too far from Wrestlemania for him to keep the title until then, unless he's agreed a new contract with more dates added?

Other thoughts....Seth Rollins cashes in & beats a victorious but weary Lesnar. Keeps Lesnar strong.

A DQ finish?

One from way out there, some kind of interference from The Undertaker? The streak has been mentioned in almost every promo. What chances Lesnar about to pin Cena & the lights go out?!

For what it's worth, I agree with the majority on here, Lesnar wins. I'm just not sure how it'd work going forward.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but would welcome any thoughts or opinions.

Thanks
Doc.

Dr_Uzeboo

Back to top Go down

Part-time Champion.  Empty Re: Part-time Champion.

Post by Crimey Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 22:00

I think it's fine to have Lesnar just to decide to not turn up every week, it's what the character has done so far and don't think him having the title means he can't just continue this. It might actually do the product some good if the writers are forced into creating reasons for matches beyond the world title and have some more personal feuds over the course of the next few months.

I think Lesnar should have a long reign, holding until at least the Royal Rumble and preferably longer than that. If he defends it at a couple of pay per views (Night of Champions, Survivor Series perhaps) then that would be great.

To be fair people are presuming a lot about Lesnar's schedule that we don't actually know, none of us truly know what schedule he would have as champion. While he'll never be on Raw every week, don't think it's out of the question that he'll be on every PPV as champion.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 22:41

Lesnar vs Bryan at Mania. Rollins to cash in on Bryan the next night?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 23:44

I think it's fine. The world title itself isn't the reason that people watch Raw/Smackdown or attend house shows, and as Crimey says Lesnar is likely to wrestle on a few of the PPVs (Night of Champions, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble being options). Also he has Paul Heyman as his manager, who can be a weekly fixture on TV cutting promos.

It would fit the Lesnar character well to have him as a champion who doesn't even have enough respect to show up most weeks, and it makes him more of a heel who people will be desperate to see beaten.

I also think it would actually make the world title seem more prestigious if Lesnar essentially "takes it hostage" and it is only seen occasionally; if fans do not get to glimpse it very often between now and Wrestlemania, the eventual toppling of Lesnar could have the added effect of "bringing the title home".

For what it's worth, I think the chances of The Undertaker interfering at Summerslam or Seth Rollins cashing in on Lesnar are close to nil, and that's a good thing. After ending the streak, when Brock loses it needs to be completely straight-up and it should be in a heavily-hyped match.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 23:57

Reigns to win rumble and take it off lesnar at mania.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 Aug 2014 - 2:01

NickisBHAFC wrote:Lesnar vs Bryan at Mania. Rollins to cash in on Bryan the next night?

Ideally I'd like to see Lesnar hold the title to Wrestlemania, Bryan to return and win the Rumble and these two to face off at Wrestlemana, Bryan to win. However I think he should then have a decent length reign, we've already seen him win the championship and then immediately lose it to a cash in or have to give it up, think it would be good to see him be champion for a bit.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 16 Aug 2014 - 2:18

I like the Reigns takes it off Lesnar at WM which makes him look a million bucks.

If I wasn't sure about putting the strap on Reigns id like this to play out

Reigns looks strong next few PPVs and gets the shot at Royal Rumble. As does Lesnar dominating his competition

They face at Royal Rumble. Cesaro comes out and distracts Lesnar for Reigns to get the pin. Reigns wins with Rollins coming out to cash in. Ambrose who has appeared every time comes out to help Reigns. However he shockingly turns helping Rollins get the pin

Then at Wrestlemania you have
Ambrose v Reigns
Rollins v Rumble Winner (Bryan?)
Lesnar v Cesaro

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down