The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first?

5 posters

Go down

Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first?

Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_lcap40%Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_lcap30%Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_lcap30%Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_lcap0%Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Empty Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first?

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar - 10:28

Interesting question regarding which driver may secure their third-world title within f1. Obviously Vettel & Alonso are currently holding two formula 1 world titles each while the Mclaren duo of Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button have one world title to their name. Currently you would have to say the Mclaren duo who have one title apiece are in the prime position to compete for this years title as there is no denying that Red Bull & Ferrari are off-pace. Alonso is undoubtedly the best driver on the grid and he has showed he has the ability to not only win in superior cars but also in changeable conditions in uncompetitive cars. Vettel has experienced a world beater of a car for two seasons, however in a inferior Red Bull in 2012 and low down in the current standings, the chances of winning the hat-trick of titles seems to be diminishing even at this early stage.

In the longer term for 2013, stepnoses are also being banned. McLaren clearly ran a low chassis in 2011 in preparation for 2012 and therefore they gathered huge amounts of data for this season, whereas the majority of the teams, bar Marussia, all revealed 2012 stepnoses. This has been an advantage for McLaren and they have taken full advantage of it, whereas the Red Bull & Ferrari outfit will all change for next season to be in line with the regulations.

Formula 1 is about cycles of domination......could this be McLaren's time?

Back to top Go down

Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Empty Re: Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first?

Post by monty junior Tue 27 Mar - 11:33

Aw c'mon, Vettel is 17 points behind after two races with 18 to go, realistically though ferrari will not challenge so really he's really 12 points off the lead. Long long way to go, i'm inclined to say Vettel but i think Mclaren will win it this year. Just depends of the guys who happen to step in to the best car first.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first? Empty Re: Who will become a three-time formula 1 world champion first?

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar - 11:46

I know it's early but his domination has completely gone, it's a complete shock to the system. I'm sure the Red Bull will improve with development but Vettel has already made multiple mistakes in Australia and Malaysia and doesn't have the confidence and aura he showed last season. Mouthing off about the HRT shows he's rattled....it's just a typical response of racing driver who's angry, impatient and forced into mistakes just like Hamilton experienced last season in an inferior car.

I only made the topic because i thought it was extremely interesting to debate because in my opinion it's either Hamilton or Button this year in a strong McLaren which would make one of them a 2x WDC. My heart says Hamilton to become a 3x WDC but my head says Alonso.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 27 Mar - 12:58

If Ferrari sort their car out, Alonso would be the first to get to 3 world titles. He's the best of the best on track and when things aren't going his way he has off the track forces to assist him Very Happy

Mclaren look to have a fantastic car, their pit crew needs to step up to the plate because they've let their drivers down. They should have easily won both races this season with 1-2.

If Hamilton wins the title this season though, he'll get to 3 first.

As for Vettel, the blown diffuser is gone. Webber will beat him consistently now and everyone will see how having a massive car advantage made him a world champion

Last edited by Belgarion of Riva on Tue 27 Mar - 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to slag off Vettel)

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 27 Mar - 13:43

I went with Vettel, purely on the basis that I think Newey will design another world-beater before Ferrari give Alonso a car with real title potential.

Interesting that Hamilton has 2 votes while Button has none, given that either is capable of winning their 2nd title this season.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 27 Mar - 13:45

Id have to say ALonso too. If they were all on 2 wdc each then id say one of the mclaren boys. But even a bad season this year and with LH or JB taking their count to 2 wdc. Next year could be a different story.

From what ive seen the blown diffuser flattered Vettel. Would like to see Webber get at least one WDC though. Its funny how the tables turn

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 27 Mar - 14:22

I went for Vettel myself. I think Newey will have something up his sleeve and will eventually trumph McLaren at some point in the season. Sooner rather than later I'd imagine too. McLaren's boys will have to fight amongst themselves, whilst full backing is given to Vettel with Webber back out into the cold.

I would love it to be Alonso and it would be some feat in the car he's got this season and the competition from elsewhere.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down