The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA should make all their PPVs international

2 posters

Go down

TNA should make all their PPVs international Empty TNA should make all their PPVs international

Post by talkingpoint Sat 16 Aug 2014, 10:23 am

TNA's domestic PPV buyrate has always been poor historically and attendance has been inconsistent and frequently underwhelming doing nothing for TNA's reputation. As TNA has cut back the amount of PPVs to just three: Lockdown, Slammiversary and BFG - TNA's holy trinity if you will - I think it is both feasible and realistic to film all three events outside the US in territories where TNA has a strong fanbase and has more guarantee of a bigger and hotter audience. If BFG is a success in Japan this year I think it could provide the blueprint for future overseas PPVs. You could film Lockdown somewhere like Europe (or possibly India), Slammiversary in the UK and BFG in Japan (or alternate each year). Sure the travelling expenses would be high but if TNA can afford to do it for one this year and considering the gate sales + merch sales + TV ratings in territories where TNA's PPVs are free such as the UK then I think they could make a return on every PPV; and hopefully the bigger buzz and atmosphere from the live crowd will induce bigger buyrates in America and possibly even the jealousy necessary to then return one of the PPVs every other year to America so that their domestic fanbase doesn't feel entirely rejected. I definitely think TNA needs to tap into its international market more, especially as they are having problems domestically. International PPVs would also give TNA something over WWE who resist hosting PPVs abroad. Thoughts?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

TNA should make all their PPVs international Empty Re: TNA should make all their PPVs international

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 19 Aug 2014, 12:53 pm

Don't think its a bad idea at all.

As you said, their home fanbase isn't that great...or if it is, they're not voting with their wallets/purses (though NY seems to be an exception to this - amazing support there). Maybe time to relocate from Florida?

They know they have pretty strong UK support and they're making inroads into Japan. I know they were looking at getting into India at one point, but that seems to have faded...

Mexico / Central America is closer to home. They already have Tigre Uno. Would help if they could get Chavo Guerrero and/or Hernandez back.

If they can start getting good crowds somewhere on a par with the NY shows, elsewhere in the US, there would be a good case for holding at least 1 PPV on home soil. Unil then, if they're more appreciated elsewhere, then go where the fans are...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down