The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boxing Format - BKB - Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight

+7
mobilemaster8
Pedro147
Hammersmith harrier
John Bloody Wayne
ONETWOFOREVER
wheelchair1991
Strongback
11 posters

Go down

New Boxing Format - BKB -  Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight Empty New Boxing Format - BKB - Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight

Post by Strongback Sun 17 Aug 2014, 7:20 pm

No ropes and in a circle.  2 minute rounds.

BKB stands for big knockout boxing and not bare knuckle boxing.

Rosada v Vera is a good fight. I enjoyed it.

It apparently does not count towards boxing record.

They must be serious about promoting it as the production is top class and Warren Buffer is the ring announcer and he isn't cheap.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

New Boxing Format - BKB -  Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight Empty Re: New Boxing Format - BKB - Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 17 Aug 2014, 7:23 pm

Read about this not sure what to make of it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

New Boxing Format - BKB -  Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight Empty Re: New Boxing Format - BKB - Gabe Rosada v Brian Vera Full Fight

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 17 Aug 2014, 7:30 pm

Sounds quite disturbing.

Purely for entertainment value and a huge step away from the sweet science.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 17 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm

Entertaining fight.

Would've been even better in a boxing ring over 10 or 12 3 minute rounds.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:11 pm

Don't really see the point to it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:19 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Don't really see the point to it.

The promoters have said they are trying to intensify boxing. The small ring with no ropes is supposed to encourage toe 2 toe fighting. The rounds are shorter allowing the fighters to go all out.

Not sure if it has a future but Rosada v Vera was a good scrap.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm

Would the small ring perhaps not cause more grappling and holding as no room to move and let your shots off?

I don't know just a guess but will give it a look soon and see what it's like.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:41 pm

Pedro147 wrote:Would the small ring perhaps not cause more grappling and holding as no room to move and let your shots off?

I don't know just a guess but will give it a look soon and see what it's like.

The ref in the Rosada fight was very quick to break up any holding, he was in like a shot. I'd say that's the promotions policy.

There's also a point deduction for stepping out of the circle which keeps fighters in the centre of the circle.

It definitely won't suit some fighters.

Can't see the promoters allowing scrappy fights with a lot of holding.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:50 pm

For anyone who can apprieciate the science of boxing then this is like a step down.

With the popularity of MMA it looks like the boxing we know is being slowly brushed aside for all out entertainment.

Tell you what tho Joe Ganns would have lapped this up. Apparently when he was fighting, in the early 1900's, he was unable to use the ropes as the spectators ringside used to strike his ankles meaning he has to adapt to his famous style by fighting in the middle of the ring.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 17 Aug 2014, 10:59 pm

If Maidana v Mayweather was fought with this set up Marcos would've scored a knockdown every two seconds.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:10 am

Haha John. True.

Well, I'm surprised Strongy..

When I read this result on Boxingscene I presumed it was for a new title called BKB. I had absolutely no idea it was a new format

Having watched the video though, it is very well promoted as you say, with Buffer as well...along with Bayliss as ref?

The fight was very good too. Rosado looked sharp.

I think this format is for the rough brawler types no the rope a dope fighters or more tehcincly gifted.

Mayweather wouldn't be undefeated, De Gale would be smashed through the crowd, Chavez would crush everyone.....

Here is a thought....who would be your BKB P4P top 10?!

Chavez, Froch, B.Rios, Provodnikov, GGG, Alvarado, Pacquiao, JMM, Katsidis, A.Abraham

Just off the top of my head....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 18 Aug 2014, 12:29 pm

Great question mobile

..I hope it gets some replies better than this.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Aug 2014, 12:32 pm

Ray Beltran would do alright, as would Chisora.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 18 Aug 2014, 1:43 pm

Enjoyed the fight and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Looked a classy production too.

Will it last, who knows but they may need to change the name if the knockouts dry up.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 18 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm

It looks cool and fresh. Seemed to gather a large crowd as well...

I really like Rosado I hope he gets another big fight.

Loving Robert Garcia as commentator, he gets so excited during the fights! Love him, such passion.

As for the format, I dunno, it did seem as though the action was intensified and there was still a lot of boxing skill being shown by Rosado, it just seems to force guys to stand a little more toe to toe, which could favour the bigger punchers.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Aug 2014, 1:35 pm

Getting refs to punish clinching in a normal ring would do that.

Love how the lead commentator seemed convinced Chavez Jr is levels above Rosado as Gabe battered a guy Chavez struggled with twice.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

Chuck them in a phone booth in a fight to the death,  surrounded by loads of screaming baying dogs, ready to tear them to pieces should they look to escape.

Though why pay for it, when you can watch the same for free in any uk city centre most evenings.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

The athleticism just isn't on par in said scenarios.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

Ok watched a round of it now.

Missed a few tricks. They should have called the circle, 'the square'... To display an ironic sense of history. Given it looks like a set from gladiators they should arm the fighters with giant plastic pillows to hit each other with. There should be no bell, just john fashanu shouting 'awooga'.

Any fight that doesn't end in a knockout should go to penalties. Where one guy is tied to a post and the other given a free shot at him, then vice versa until a knockout is achieved. Good toss to win that one.

Clearly these guys know nothing, and should have contacted milkyboy promotions for advice.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:26 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:The athleticism just isn't on par in said scenarios.

On a diet of kebab and thunderbird what do you expect john... And that's just the baying dogs I referred to.

What's lacking in athleticism is made up for with enthusiasm and entertainment. Having watched a can of bake beans beat up superman in such circumstances after a fancy dress party there is a rich untapped seam of street entertainment in this country that puts buskers and jugglers to shame.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down