The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

+25
compelling and rich
Sugar Boy Sweetie
KingMonkey
tunes666
hogey
TopHat24/7
kingraf
Atila
Silver
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
sittingringside
RanjitPatel
DuransHorse
Dipper Brown
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
CallMeBenji
catchweight
Scottrf
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Gerry SA
Strongback
Steffan
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Vote_lcap46%Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 19 ]
Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Vote_lcap41%Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 17 ]
Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Vote_lcap12%Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 41

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Empty Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

Post by Steffan Thu 21 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm

Just another simple poll from a simple poster

Wanted to see who 606 would be cheering for if these pair fought (which they most probably will)

Also feel free to add why you would want Khan or Brook to win

Me personally I would cheer on Khan as I think he is the most likely to get a shot at Mayweather and Khan v Floyd fight is something I would like to happen

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Empty Re: Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

Post by Strongback Thu 21 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

Hard one to call for me, Khan has generally put his foot in his mouth or his camera down his trousers at every opportunity he gets,  he has generally been an arse.  He does seem to be maturing a bit but I am still fairly meh on him.

I don't know enough about Brook's personality to make a call on him.

I just think it's a great fight on paper and that there are pro's and con's for both fighters that should make it interesting.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? Empty Re: Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

Post by Gerry SA Thu 21 Aug 2014, 2:42 pm

Khan should win by wide UD.

Superior hand and foot speed. Khan should win by fighting off the back foot. Just keep moving and tire Brook out.

If it goes into a slugfest Brook would probably KO Khan.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Aug 2014, 2:48 pm

Gerry are you confusing Kell Brook with Gavin Rees? Brook is a very smart and tidy boxer and poses more than enough problems for Khan should the fight go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm

Brook for me. Nothing against Khan, but it feels like we know where his talent, and his application of that talent, will lead him. We don't know with Brook. He has talent, a new belt and is in his prime. I will be interested to see how far he can go if he beats Khan.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 21 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm

Brook has talent? 33-0 and he's only faced one half decent opponent(Porter).

Even with Khan's issues, he's a much more skilled and talented fighter. And he's beaten top class fighters during his career.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

You rate GGG.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:00 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Brook has talent? 33-0 and he's only faced one half decent opponent(Porter).

Even with Khan's issues, he's a much more skilled and talented fighter. And he's beaten top class fighters during his career.

You're right. The fact Brook hasn't fought top names makes him talentless. What was I thinking? Only fighters who have been in with the best could possibly have talent.

Brook is utterly talentless. I retract all prior statements to the contrary.

Thanks Gerry.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:13 pm

Same applies to this fight as Khan - Mayweather............If Khan doesn't get caught and goes he wins...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Same applies to this fight as Khan - Mayweather............If Khan doesn't get caught and goes he wins...
If Khan doesn't get caught against Mayweather he wins? Have you been drinking?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:20 pm

Nope....Too quick with a top jab.........

No one has outboxed Khan...Just like nobody outboxed Hearns.....

Khan is a poor man's tommy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

Nobody has outboxed Khan, but Mayweather isn't McCloskey.

You've got the most accurate boxing in the world against who also has one of the best defensive percentages against a fairly inaccurate one. I know who the judges will go for.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm

Khan's workrate......will steal it until he's caught.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:28 pm

Because Mayweather's never faced anyone with workrate. But fair play for a courageous call, he certainly has some of the attributes needed. Just not enough of a brain.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:29 pm

Mayweather is 37 or haven't you heard ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 21 Aug 2014, 5:25 pm

Truss makes a good point. People don't seem to mention May's age. He is clearly slowing down with age. Khan SHOULD be able to give him fits, but would find a way to lose in style.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 21 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

I would be up for Khan. More entertaining and willing to take on the tough fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Thu 21 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm

I'd be cheering for Khan. Top level British fighter, great hand and foot speed, has his vulnerabilities in the chin department yet will ALWAYS get up and rarley in a dull fight. What's not to like? I've always supported him and I will here.

If he fought Mayeather I think I'd be leaning towards Truss' predictions and I've said it to anyone who's willing to be bored to death on it by me (although never on here thus far) - Mayweather's style (and now age) are not that of a front foot fighter who has to force tha pace. He relies on accuracy because he'll rarley be the guy who throws the more punches in any given fight. Khan fights in bursts and doesn't tend to stand in front of his opponent for very long. If he keeps using the whole of the ring then I see Mayweather getting a bit frustrated. There's every chance Mayweather figures him out after 7 or 8 rounds, and Khan is often subject to moving away from what has been working for him mid-fight, however if Mayweather stopped him then I predict that he'd be behind on the cards at the time of the stoppage.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 21 Aug 2014, 6:06 pm

Would probably go for Brook, think the application of his gameplan against Porter showed superior ring smarts to anything we've seen from Khan and was arguably against the best opponent either has faced. There's also the unknown of Brook's ceiling, will be more interesting seeing how he can go than Khan who will slip up against a puncher sooner or later.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 21 Aug 2014, 6:26 pm

CallMeBenji wrote:I'd be cheering for Khan. Top level British fighter, great hand and foot speed, has his vulnerabilities in the chin department yet will ALWAYS get up and rarley in a dull fight. What's not to like?
Same here mate  thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm

Would rather Kell Brook as he has more of a future than Khan.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 21 Aug 2014, 6:37 pm

Khan - followed his entire career and a more exciting fighter.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:13 pm

Kell for me. I feel we've seen the best of Khan, we know his weaknesses and where he falls short. It's a little bit like picking Fury over Chisora, one will never be the best of the best where as the other might ( although I strongly stress only might and this is ridiculously unlikely for me that Fury would ) be THE heavyweight king. Even if Khan beats Mayweather I'd suspect it was more being in the right place and time than Khan being the best 147 fighter.

Kell might surprise us all in a year or two but Khan I feel will still be a shade off the top. I think whoever wins will not have it easy though and a Khan win wouldn't surprise me at all as he has the speed and skill to do it.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:03 pm

I like them both and hope they both do well. If they fight though I hope it goes to points as I don't want to see Khan knocked out/stopped again. I think that would finish him and I quite like watching him so hope he has a few years left yet.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:41 pm

I'd probably go for Khan, although I like Brook too. I've always enjoyed watching Khan fight and I think that, although we perhaps haven't seen Brook's ceiling yet, Khan has more natural ability and can still accomplish more in the sport. Weighing in on the Khan vs Mayweather question, I think it would be extremely bold to pick against Floyd if they fought. However, I seem to remember that Floyd didn't love Judah's handspeed when they fought and that was eight years ago. He did adapt and had plenty enough in the tank to see him home against an inconsistent Judah, but as other have mentioned his advancing years have to be taken into consideration and I think Khan can make him uncomfortable.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:42 pm

Brook, he's from Yorkshire.

And I love the way he fights.

Mind you, I love the way Khan fights too.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:04 pm

I wouldn't really mind either way. If I had to lean towards one, I'd probably prefer Khan ever so slightly. But it's close enough to count me as a neutral, I guess.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:08 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I wouldn't really mind either way. If I had to lean towards one, I'd probably prefer Khan ever so slightly. But it's close enough to count me as a neutral, I guess.

Same here, though I'd perhaps edge towards Brook rather than Khan. Virtually nothing in it, though.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:27 am

Duty281 wrote:Would rather Kell Brook as he has more of a future than Khan.
Why does he have more of a future than Khan?

Khan is 27, Brook is 28.

Anyway, I voted for Khan. Nothing against Brook but would just like to see Khan win.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 22 Aug 2014, 6:40 am

Future isn't always age related. After all Pavlik was 27, and Martinez 34.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:06 am

Khan - because overall I still consider him the more exciting and talented boxer.

Outside the ring they're both dull as dishwater so nothing to split them there really.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:10 am

Gerry SA wrote:Brook has talent? 33-0 and he's only faced one half decent opponent(Porter).

So basically his record is as good/bad as Miguel Vasquez then, whom you proclaimed was a top draw boxer (way ahead of Mikey Garcia, for example).

If Brook was Mexican you'd be singing another tune I'm sure.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:20 am

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Same applies to this fight as Khan - Mayweather............If Khan doesn't get caught and goes he wins...
If Khan doesn't get caught against Mayweather he wins? Have you been drinking?

Have you forgotten who you're talking to?

This is just Truss being Truss. Big up a PBF oppo, back him to win, and then when he doesn't you get to laud PBF's victory more. But, if a miracle happens and he does, you get to play the smug "I told you so" line.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:29 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

So basically his record is as good/bad as Miguel Vasquez then, whom you proclaimed was a top draw boxer (way ahead of Mikey Garcia, for example).

If Brook was Mexican you'd be singing another tune I'm sure.
Nothing to do with Vazquez or Garcia(both are Mexican anyway). 

And if Brook was Mexican he's be selling tacos.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:36 am

It has everything to do with Vasquez when you write-off Brook's talent with statements like this:

Yet you big up a guy with no better record.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 11:27 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Truss makes a good point. People don't seem to mention May's age. He is clearly slowing down with age. Khan SHOULD be able to give him fits, but would find a way to lose in style.

Agreed..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 22 Aug 2014, 11:43 am

I would want Brook to win, smashing lad who i am delighted is now a world champ. To be honest people that think a bloke that gets dropped heavily by lightweights is going to beat a fully fledged powerful welterweight who can time a punch as well as Brook are off their rockers. I dont see Khan lasting more than 5 rounds, speed is a Khan asset, but every other advantage goes to Brook. I truly dont think it would be much of a fight, Khan should stay away from Welters he is too fragile.

Last edited by hogey on Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 22 Aug 2014, 11:50 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mayweather is 37 or haven't you heard ??

Based on their last 5 fights i think Khan has slipped further than Mayweather, or maybe he was never that good in the first place.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 12:17 pm

Khan was excellent last time out...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan was excellent last time out...
I think many are still waiting to see if this "new and improved" Khan was a one-off or if Hunter genuinely has made improvements to his game. Of course, you're only as good as your last fight so right now, most think Khan would win at a canter.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm

Very hard one to call, 50/50, maybe Khan has edge being in more wars and big fights,... But Kell probably has enough power to worry Khan. It may come down to what kind of beast Khan is under his new coach... Which may still have a?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

I like Amir but despise his clinging on entourage. Brook for me for that reason alone.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:28 pm

Brook for me. Never been a huge Khan fan, always felt he had it handed to him on a plate in the pro's because of his Olympic identity, always felt he was overrated & a bit of a pranny outside the ring. Warmed to him a bit after the Maidana victory but he'll never be my cup of tea. I think Brook will KO him. Brook looks fairly big & strong at the weight, he's an accurate puncher and Khan despite his speed leaves himself open & is there to be hit. I think if Kell catches him with one or two of the digs he landed on Porter it'll be chicken dance time.

Truss said that Khan is a poor mans Tommy Hearns, difference is Tommy had the big power to get his man out of there before his weaknesses could be exposed, Khan doesn't have big power which means he has to hang with his man for the full 12 which increases the likelihood of him being caught at some point.

Brook via KO after 6 when Khan starts to slow down a bit, which would also be my preferred outcome.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:36 pm

Brook to catch Khan coming in with the countering left hook but wins after being behind on points.

Khan to be blasted as over-rated. Brook to be the latest monster to derail Mayweather.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:21 pm

Kind of how see it......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

I'm getting all emotional now TRUSS...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:It has everything to do with Vasquez when you write-off Brook's talent with statements like this:

I'm a fan of Orlando Salido, so wasn't happy that Miguel Angel Garcia beat him. But Garcia has talent. And prior to Garcia's contractual issues and Vazquez moving to ShoTime, both where set to fight for Vazquez's title. They could still meet one day, but seems unlikely.

Brook isn't Miguel Angel Garcia. Brook is a poor mans Bradley. If Khan doesn't get caught by Brook, Khan runs rings around Brook.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:It has everything to do with Vasquez when you write-off Brook's talent with statements like this:

I'm a fan of Orlando Salido, so wasn't happy that Miguel Angel Garcia beat him. But Garcia has talent. And prior to Garcia's contractual issues and Vazquez moving to ShoTime, both where set to fight for Vazquez's title. They could still meet one day, but seems unlikely.

Brook isn't Miguel Angel Garcia. Brook is a poor mans Bradley. If Khan doesn't get caught by Brook, Khan runs rings around Brook.
If Khan hadn't have been caught by Garcia, he'd have run rings round Garcia too...however......

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

If Khan hadn't have been caught by Garcia, he'd have run rings round Garcia too...however......
Khan took that liberty again Garcia. The racial barbs by Angel Garcia etc.

That won't happen against Brook, as Khan's in the last chance saloon. Another defeat and his careers done.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 5:03 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:

Khan took that liberty again Garcia. The racial barbs by Angel Garcia etc.

That won't happen against Brook, as Khan's in the last chance saloon. Another defeat and his careers done.
Turn the heat up and Khan reverts to type...Brook's good enough to land a few meaty shots and either make Khan a tad more circumspect or lose the plot completely and leave himself open. Brook has enough spite in his punches to finish the job too with worrying too much about being caught by a "big" shot from Khan (Brook's chin seems study enough)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next