The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

+25
compelling and rich
Sugar Boy Sweetie
KingMonkey
tunes666
hogey
TopHat24/7
kingraf
Atila
Silver
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
sittingringside
RanjitPatel
DuransHorse
Dipper Brown
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
CallMeBenji
catchweight
Scottrf
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Gerry SA
Strongback
Steffan
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Poll

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 19 ]
Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 17 ]
Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 41

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Empty Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

Post by Steffan Thu 21 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just another simple poll from a simple poster

Wanted to see who 606 would be cheering for if these pair fought (which they most probably will)

Also feel free to add why you would want Khan or Brook to win

Me personally I would cheer on Khan as I think he is the most likely to get a shot at Mayweather and Khan v Floyd fight is something I would like to happen

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

Post by compelling and rich Fri 22 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

brook for me, never really been a big fan of khan as a person (although i do enjoy watching his fights because of that dodgy chin). always talked a massive game talking way past his current level only to fail to deliver at his current stage. he was talking about mayweather and manny before he got sparkled against Prescott let alone now. pretty brainless guy who loves the sound of his own voice. its always going to be a recipe for disater

dont mind brook, although he fails behind khan for exictement value

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Brook - Who would you want to win?

Post by hampo17 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 5:56 pm

Khan has the speed and ability to outbox Brook, it is unknown how Brook would cope with that. It surprises me that people are now talking about him like a banger, he has speed but certainly doesn't hit as hard as some of the guys who have been in with Khan.

Khan boxes to instructions, as he did against Collazo he wins a SD, there's bound to be one judge who sees it different to everyone else.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm

hampo171 wrote:Khan has the speed and ability to outbox Brook, it is unknown how Brook would cope with that. It surprises me that people are now talking about him like a banger, he has speed but certainly doesn't hit as hard as some of the guys who have been in with Khan.
Khan boxes to instructions, as he did against Collazo he wins a SD, there's bound to be one judge who sees it different to everyone else.
He doesn't need to...Khan's chin is always going to disadvantage him at the highest level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 22 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm

Have this funny feeling Khan makes Brook look silly, really do. Brook has proven now that he can make the step up but I think Khan is all wrong for him. Just a hunch

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 22 Aug 2014, 6:12 pm

Brook hits the cleaner shots and is more than quick enough to catch Khan. I think Brook knows he only needs to catch him once to win and Its pretty much impossible not to take at least one clean shot in a boxing match. Khan has everything to succeed at the highest level in boxing except for two things: His brain and his chin, two big black marks against him.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 22 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm

Brook did brilliantly to keep his head and stick to a plan when Porter was swarming him. Khan is an altogether different matter, dealing with the hand speed and aggression will be key.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 22 Aug 2014, 6:41 pm

If you can keep your head against Porter then you keep your against Khan who despite being quick doesn't hit that hard.

Many seem to be basing Brook's power based on landing against fully fledged Welterweights, he lands the shots that decked Senchenko or against Porter then he makes Khan do a little dance.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:38 am

Yeah, I think one thing people have to remember is that BRook has EXCEPTIONAL timing, truly does. Timing beats speed, and it isn't like Brooks a slouch in the speed department himself, he can put the shots together in terrific motion himself, but likes to be accurate unlike Khan who throws punches everywhere but is relatively inaccurate.

Brook can take out Khan of course if he lands big, can't see his chin holding up all that better than Senchenko's if he gets tagged like that really... People talk about Khan running rings around Garcia, don't know if that's slightly revisionist. In the 4th round they had both landed the exact number of punches on each other and Garcia was clearly catching Khan up and actually had caught him with a couple of decent punches previous, Khan was winning but it was getting tighter and think it would have gotten tighter as the fight went on. Don't think it was the simple case of Khan would have run away with it if he didn't get caught with that left hook. Think he would have gotten caught with several of them if he could take them clean, just the first one he did take clean took him out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 23 Aug 2014, 1:35 pm

Atila wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Would rather Kell Brook as he has more of a future than Khan.
Why does he have more of a future than Khan?

Khan is 27, Brook is 28.

Anyway, I voted for Khan. Nothing against Brook but would just like to see Khan win.

Khan is one knockout away from being finished as a fighter, Brook has plenty more left in him.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 23 Aug 2014, 6:43 pm

But still. If brook gets sparked now, he would potentially go back down a peg or ten.

Let's not beat around here....the guy has beaten porter and been in with domestic and euro level apart from porter.

At least khan has been in with some top fighters win or lose.

Its a pick em fight. Kelly has a beautiful jab and times his shots well....which could be the key against Khan. We all witnessed Garcia getting a boxing lesson, cut and swollen before delivering his hail mary equaliser into khans grid.

If Brook does the same whether in the 1st or 12th...he wins.

If khan fights like he did against Collazo then he potentially could make brook look amateur......badly.

Collazo is a decent fighter, very awkward and punches hard at the weight....and is a big welter.

He hit khan flush a few times to no effect, but Khan seemed to outwork him and drop him on a few ocassions.

I don't care who wins because it's yet again great for Britain.... But I this k Khan absolutely schools him....unless he gets caught by a big shot.

Khan by WIDE UD.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 23 Aug 2014, 6:51 pm

An honest question here, who has Khan faced that Brook wouldn't beat with something to spare and Collazo is anything but a big puncher at the weight, his knockout of Ortiz aside he's rarely troubled the divisions top men.

There is a big difference between level of opposition and talent, Brook showed against Porter he has considerable talent, he might not have the resume to go with it but the talent is still there for all to see.

I like Khan and until the recent Mayweather debacle has always seeked out the best opposition but with mixed results; Malignaggi and Judah were both decent wins against seasoned pros but he has yet to beat a truly world class fighter. Porter alongside Thurman was being portrayed as the next big thing in the division and he was dealt with comfortably by Khan, on recent showings Brook looks a far safer bet for the future.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 12:39 pm

Much prefer Khan.

Always entertaining. Brook is as dull as dishwater.

ghost 

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by BoomBoomBaby Sun 24 Aug 2014, 4:04 pm

Not sure if anyone has asked this but would Porter of beat Khan with his wild style?

IMO he would of got Khan out of there inside 6-8 rounds. Brook beats Khan all day with his timing ala Garcia!!!!

BoomBoomBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 24 Aug 2014, 7:54 pm

I agree Porter would have stopped Khan. Khan doesn't seem to like relentless pressure. Dealt with it ok against Maidana (of sorts) but struggled against a Peterson who, even though I wouldn't call him a pressure fighter, employee them tactics against Khan.

Porter to have worn him down for me and stopped him for me.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:33 am

I'm not really sure where all these Danny Garcia analogies are coming from? Brook's timing is decent for sure, don't think I see him producing a Garcia like money punch though! Garcia doesn't hit hard with every shot, but that left hook is an absolute rocket.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2