The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena

5 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena

Post by crippledtart Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 pm

This week, Adam is joined by Chris and Gavin to talk about the big wrestling news of the week at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-08-22T02_52_02-07_00

We start off with TNA, where Bully Ray has apparently quit the company, but is it just setting up another shocking swerve? Meanwhile, MVP has been breaking character in Ferguson, and the debate about Lo Ki's ethnic origin continues.

Then it's on to WWE, and the memorable Summerslam pay-per-view. We discuss the booking of Cena vs Lesnar, along with the rest of the card. There's also an update on Alberto Del Rio's post-WWE career.

This week's Questions of the Week are:
1) What is your favourite Stairway to Janice match from the annals of wrestling history?
2) What is your favourite pattern?
3) Just what colour is Lo Ki?

You can follow us on twitter @v2wrestlingshow and email us at wrestling@v2journal.com

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:57 pm

WHAT ABOUT FAVOURITE HAND GESTURE?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 20th August: Bully Ray quits, the Stairway to Janice, and Brock destroys Cena

Post by Prometheus Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:06 pm

I enjoyed the Columbo episode full of final things. Zinger of the week was the inconclusive Lo Ki survey.

I'm surprised that the team don't see more benefit of Bully Ray to WWE. As a talent now, I think he could be a useful addition on the mic, either as a manager or with limited use in the ring to put over new talent. As a talent from the past I think he's a good addition to sell the Network based on all those TLC matches.

I was interrupted in the bit about the lumberjack match, but was it mentioned that Damien Sandow was dressed as a lumberjack?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Where do you stand on the fifty shades of Low Ki?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Maybe he should be used as a tweener

(I feel like I should be sending texts to former Cardiff City managers now)
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:16 am

As far as wrestlers breaking kayfabe like Davey Richards or MVP on twitter I don't have a problem with it. Much has been made that wrestling is sports entertainment with an emphasis on entertainment. The general public know it is not a real sport per sa and wrestling fans are generally smarter and more informed about the industry. TNA list all their TV tapings on their site so fans are aware they are filmed ahead of schedule and are not live. Personally I don't have a problem with this; all my other favourite TV shows are filmed prior to airing. It is not like they gave a way a major plot line or broke kayfabe on a fued they are currently having undermining the rivalry. I don't think thus crossed a line. Besides I think their twitter followers probably follow them because they like them not because they are currently in TNA and want them to progress storylines via social media. I doubt that is the expectation.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down