The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best stadium you've watched rugby in.

+33
welshjohn369
Dougie
Stellar Key
ruggerbyplayer
thebandwagonsociety
munkian
Standulstermen
Gibson
Goosestepper
InjuredYetAgain
Matty the Sarrie
funnyExiledScot
OldUglyHead
Totallybiasedscarlet
MR. scotland27
Shifty
RuggerRadge2611
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Tayto
offload
mckay1402
red_stag
Breadvan
Adam D
Cari
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
doctor_grey
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
Notch
rhino-dragon
mickyt
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best stadium you've watched rugby in.  - Page 2 Empty Best stadium you've watched rugby in.

Post by mickyt Tue 24 May 2011, 9:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

As a Leinster fan that likes to travel to see his team, I've been to some great stadiums to see the boys in blue play.

I've been to Wembley, Aviva, Croke park, Murrayfield, Twickers, to name but a few of the big ones.

However, the best stadium I've watched any sport in has been the stadium I witnessed Leinster win the match the weekend in. The Millenium stadium for me had it all, location couldn't be better so central. Inside some atmosphere with roof closed. Great view from most of the stadium.

So my question is what is the best stadium you've been to for what ever reason?
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Best stadium you've watched rugby in.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Best stadium you've watched rugby in.

Post by welshjohn369 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:48 am

The National Stadium and Cardiff Arm's Park were two different venues. I blame the media for confusing folk.

MS is the best though.
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Best stadium you've watched rugby in.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Best stadium you've watched rugby in.

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:00 am

I am a bit old fashioned. I loved the old grounds like Lansdowne road and Cardiff arms park. They had so much atmosphere. For club grounds, Thormond is for me, the best.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by welshjohn369 Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:02 am

eirebilly wrote:I am a bit old fashioned. I loved the old grounds like Lansdowne road and Cardiff arms park. They had so much atmosphere. For club grounds, Thormond is for me, the best.

Cardiff Arm's Park was a club ground!!
welshjohn369
welshjohn369

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:50 am

I was only there once during the World cup in 1991 for the 3rd/4th playoff. Pretty sure that Cardiff Arms park hosted many more international's there if i am not mistaken.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 05 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

The Arms Park is next door to the old International Stadium and new Millenium Stadium. It is still there.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Jun 2011, 10:36 am

I know that, its just that on my one visit in 1991 it burst with atmosphere, even though Wales werent playing, and left me with a great memory of the place.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 05 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

Cardiff is a rugby city which makes the Blues inability to draw a decent crowd bewildering.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Jun 2011, 10:48 am

It is amazing isnt it. Cardiff is rugby mad and have great supporters. Maybe its a money thing.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

I think it's the way the regions are set up, their name (they need to drop the Cardiff bit) and the popularity of Cardiff City football in the area amongst other things.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

Have to go for Marcel Michelin;it will be finally finished this summer,making it a completely enclosed rugby stadium

http://75.img.v4.skyrock.net/75f/asm-fans/pics/2944771879_1_5.jpg

http://www.63power.com/public/B1B1/12_07/.Stade_Marcel_Michelin_m.jpg
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun 05 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

The MS with the roof closed is a great experience. Plus being in the middle of a city with lots of good pubs swings it.

Stade Municipal (the football ground) in Toulouse for a HC game is also great, and very loud!

Awesome 2nd pic of ASM'S ground there Mick.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by ruggerbyplayer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

Stade Marcel Michelin looks quality.

ruggerbyplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Aye I was there too Kiwi.

One thing I will say about Scottish Rugby is we put on a good show, I just wish we could put on a better show at match time instead of build up Wink

Murrayfield has to be the dead set most welcoming national ground I've ever been to as a visitor though. Shame the crowd stuggles to reach capacity consistently though.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2