The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any weird unexplainable things happened to you?

+8
navyblueshorts
ShahenshahG
kingraf
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Pal Joey
sikhlion
12 posters

Go down

Any weird unexplainable things happened to you? Empty Any weird unexplainable things happened to you?

Post by sikhlion Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:44 am

Has anybody had and weird hard to explain things happen to them? Anything that just seems to defy logic? I remember on the morning of 9/11 I was asleep and then woke up because I'd dreamt I was falling from the top of a high building I thought nothing of it until the evening after watching those horrible events unfold..... It was probably just a coincidental dream but just thought it was weird at the time.

sikhlion

Back to top Go down

Any weird unexplainable things happened to you? Empty Re: Any weird unexplainable things happened to you?

Post by Pal Joey Sun 31 Aug 2014, 12:57 pm

Freakish.

I was at an archeological site in Turkey (Ephesus) and was at the top of the old forum at the back of the group taking photos. Suddenly I looked ahead and the group had disappeared through some stone arch and I was alone and the place went eerily quiet.

As I went to rejoin them, I somehow stumbled - wearing a backpack and still holding my camera. I had this flash of landing face first on the stone tier (it was quite steep) and making a mess of myself and breaking a few bones.

However, just prior to that (as I was taking my last photo) I had this almost visionary sensation of "hearing and listening" to St Paul giving a speech with the people sort of nodding and cheering in approval. It wasn't any clear words or anything... just the tone of the speech and the good vibes of the situation. I felt as though what he was saying was "so true" - even though I'm not religious or anything. It was a very powerful "experience"... sort of the bustling sound of humanity from 2000 years ago.

I still can't explain it - but I landed like a cat and without breaking stride just continued walking down the tiers to the bottom... camera still in hand... and my backpack sort of acted like a stabiliser. When I rejoined the group I said nothing and they were oblivious to my absence and near accident it seemed. You could say that it was a memorable day for me. Still doesn't make sense to me at all.

Actually, thinking about it now (it was in 1990) I didn't stumble. A piece of stone tilted and tipped me off it. Like some ancient device which had been in operation for quite some time. Maybe it was telling me to "get a move on... your group has left you... and you better catch up with them"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Any weird unexplainable things happened to you? Empty Re: Any weird unexplainable things happened to you?

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:37 am

About 8-9 weeks ago I woke up with a fairly large/serious lump on my side. Took 6-7 weeks to diagnose but turned out to be a sub-dermal haematoma (thank f*ck) - yet I have zero recollection of anything happening that could have caused it.

Total mystery.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:30 am

Must have been a terrible time for you...

Remember years ago when my eldest was little having an unsettling feeling come over me at work....A couple of hours later I heard that Joanne had crashed the car with him in it..Only a minor shunt..

Not sure it was related but it was strange..

Also sometimes I have gone to places I have never been before and felt that I've been there before...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:35 am

I was on my way once to meet a friend. As I got onto the train I bumped into a very old friend of mine (Benji) someone who I had not seen since I was 9 or 10 years old (at the time I was about 22)

Anyway we greeted each other and caught up seeing as we had not spoken in years. The train was packed and on its way to Hammersmith station. 5 stops later I said that this was me stop, it was nice seeing you again, all the best blah blah blah but then he says...

''Oh this is my stop too''

So we are walking out the station and I am about to turn right and he turns right too. So we are saying how weird this is but think nothing of it and carry on walking. I can see my turning up ahead and say to my old friend...

''Ok this is me''

extend my hand to shake his and he starts laughing and say's 

''Yeah I am going down this road too''

So sh*t be crazy right now so I tell him I am off to meet a friend ''where you off to'' He says he is going to meet a friend also, I ask him who his friend is and he gives me a name I don't recognise 

The house I am going to is in the middle of the road and as its clear we are meeting two different people I say finally ''goodbye'' and walk off in front of him. As I approach the house I notice my old friend is still behind me and I turn into the house gate and walk downstairs (basement flat) ring the bell and wait.

Benji opens the gate and walks downstairs also, the door opens and my mate Richard is standing there with a shocked expression on his face. Richard was expecting me but he was surprised to see Benji. They both hug and its clear that they had not seen each other in a long time. I ask whats going on?

and Richard says....

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Must have been a terrible time for you...

Not sure if you're being flippant or not..........but yeh, it was. A couple of months of the 'C' word hanging over you and docs not being able to agree on a diagnosis. Even when they (almost 100%) confirmed it wasn't cancer I was still lined up for surgery to have it removed until a couple of days before where they just wanted to 'try' something first, which led to them confirming haematoma and draining it there on the spot.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 11:03 am

Wouldn't be flippant over that...

Had a hernia once but didn't know what it was at the time.....Your biggest nightmare is one of your family finding a lump...Second biggest is yourself..

Bet your relief was indescribable..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 11:42 am

Was indeed, went out and got smashed (at the weekend, wasn't gonna mess around with anaesthetic and various other drugs pumping round my system still!). Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:45 pm

I know what you mean truss. I had a de ja vu like feeling when I was checking out this new house and I remembered the cabinet falling off. So I instinctively pulled my daughter away just as the Frak thing fell where she had been standing.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

Scared the Poopie out of me. I hope that nightmare about being chased by a naked Janet street porter wasn't a premonition

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

This entire time I thought you lost the weight exercising... instead you were removing body parts.. Wink
Glad it turned out well. Lost my uncle to Cancer two or three years ago, buried him on Christmas Eve.

Not necessarily an odd feeling but the day after we buried my uncle (Christmas), I remember waking up in the family farm, with this strange feeling come over me. I looked up and there, in my room, four metres away was a man breathing heavily with an axe in his hand. He was right next to the door, so I couldn't even escape. Mind went blank. Turned out it was a cousin I never knew I had who was in hiding having chopped some guy with an axe at a Christmas eve party. Rough period for the family as my grandfather and my grandmother's sister died shortly after.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:49 pm

Sounds like Eid in my ancestral village when the hindus used to live there kingraf

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

Cheers Shah - Seeing a strange man short of breath with an axe in his hand really made for an interesting Christmas. The people he nearly decapit pitched up two minutes later gaping wounds and all... my grandfather had to some serious mediating!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 02 Sep 2014, 12:17 pm

Nothing too weird for me. However, did the trip to Flanders a few years ago with my dad and a friend of his. Very interesting, in general, but one day we went to a museum called 'TocH' (go there if you get the chance; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toc_H) in Poperinghe, which during WWI was a rest/relaxation house for any rank - the pastor guy that ran it wouldn't allow any use of soldiers' ranks when they were there.
Loads of the stuff there is preserved and there's a map on one wall which showed the front lines around Ypres etc. On the map are a load of muddy fingerprints where soldiers on the way up to, or back from, the front were showing their mates where they were going/had been. In addition, the top floor was a makeshift chapel where the pastor guy held services for soldiers going up to the front.
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool atheist and I certainly don't believe in ghosts but you could really sense the men who'd been through there on their ways to God-knows what fate. Humbling and slightly spooky at the same time.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 03 Sep 2014, 12:15 pm

Was driving to the local shop, about a year ago now, and saw an old done up vauxhall cavalier. These may have been fairly common 20 years ago, but not now. My first thought was of an old friend who use to have one, who I hadn't seen for about 10 years, and jokingly wondered if it was him driving. Anyway, I get to the shop, see the cavalier, which had just parked up. A man got out who I didn't know. I then go into the shop and see the old friend queueing up. After my initial shock, we had a brief chat, walked to the car park, and went our separate ways. He had no idea who owned the cavalier.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 03 Sep 2014, 5:43 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I was on my way once to meet a friend. As I got onto the train I bumped into a very old friend of mine (Benji) someone who I had not seen since I was 9 or 10 years old (at the time I was about 22)

Anyway we greeted each other and caught up seeing as we had not spoken in years. The train was packed and on its way to Hammersmith station. 5 stops later I said that this was me stop, it was nice seeing you again, all the best blah blah blah but then he says...

''Oh this is my stop too''

So we are walking out the station and I am about to turn right and he turns right too. So we are saying how weird this is but think nothing of it and carry on walking. I can see my turning up ahead and say to my old friend...

''Ok this is me''

extend my hand to shake his and he starts laughing and say's 

''Yeah I am going down this road too''

So sh*t be crazy right now so I tell him I am off to meet a friend ''where you off to'' He says he is going to meet a friend also, I ask him who his friend is and he gives me a name I don't recognise 

The house I am going to is in the middle of the road and as its clear we are meeting two different people I say finally ''goodbye'' and walk off in front of him. As I approach the house I notice my old friend is still behind me and I turn into the house gate and walk downstairs (basement flat) ring the bell and wait.

Benji opens the gate and walks downstairs also, the door opens and my mate Richard is standing there with a shocked expression on his face. Richard was expecting me but he was surprised to see Benji. They both hug and its clear that they had not seen each other in a long time. I ask whats going on?

and Richard says....

I have no idea if this is meant to be left like this, but please do finish!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 04 Sep 2014, 4:47 am

Stella wrote:Was driving to the local shop, about a year ago now, and saw an old done up vauxhall cavalier. These may have been fairly common 20 years ago, but not now. My first thought was of an old friend who use to have one, who I hadn't seen for about 10 years, and jokingly wondered if it was him driving. Anyway, I get to the shop, see the cavalier, which had just parked up. A man got out who I didn't know. I then go into the shop and see the old friend queueing up. After my initial shock, we had a brief chat, walked to the car park, and went our separate ways. He had no idea who owned the cavalier.

I think you win...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 04 Sep 2014, 1:20 pm

Nope

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Sep 2014, 1:46 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Nope

So you think you can trump that, rick? We're all ears.
(wouldn't surprise me if you already have) Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 05 Sep 2014, 10:38 pm

Bizarre things happened to us in our first flat in late 1970s.  The bathroom had a square mirror that was fastened to the wall with some kind of sticky pads (bad idea!).

We came home one day to find that the mirror had falled off.  It had landed on the basin, but neither the basin nor the mirror was damaged. (The mirror was simply standing more or less upright on the ledge of the basin between the taps and leaning against the wall.) Remarkably, a brand new thick bar of Shield soap had cushioned the mirror's fall - and the mirror had sliced the thick bar of soap clean into two pieces. Shocked Shocked

So this is not hard to explain, and it does not defy logic. But I still found it weird and amazing.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down