The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players

+14
thebandwagonsociety
brennomac
ME-109
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Rory_Gallagher
nathan
George Carlin
SecretFly
Exiledinborders
BigTrevsbigmac
Sin é
Don Alfonso
dubh_linn
Notch
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players - Page 3 Empty Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players

Post by Notch Sun 31 Aug 2014, 5:48 am

First topic message reminder :

As E-mail blunders go, this is a good one!

Irish Independent wrote:MUNSTER have played down the effect of a highly sensitive and critical player review document which was accidentally distributed to the whole squad last week.

On Wednesday, the report, detailing comments on each player, was emailed to all squad members. Some of the comments were highly critical, and, in a couple of instances, personalised, the Sunday Independent understands.

The document also revealed through colour-coding whether the management considered each player to be first choice or second choice and, in the case of one player, questioned why he was even in the squad at all. It is understood the issue of contracts was also mentioned.

“It was an attachment to a weekly schedule and it was not supposed to go out,” a senior source in Munster said yesterday.

“But it’s not a crisis or anything like it. The senior players met to talk about it, and, yes, it might have been hurtful to one or two players, but we’ve moved on.

“We’ve spoken to the players, and the vast majority have accepted it was a mistake and have put it behind us. In no way did it have any negative effect on the way we played last night (against London Irish on Friday) — maybe the opposite in that they pulled together.”

The source, who did not wish to be named, declined to mention those players for whom it may still be an issue.

He also denied that a senior player had been accused in the document, which he said was updated on a weekly basis, of being on “a gravy train”, and that another was classed as “mentally weak”.

“Anthony (Foley) spoke to the group and said that it is what it is and it shouldn’t have happened, rather than try to cowpat the players,” the source added.

Inescapably, it makes for a difficult start to Foley’s tenure as head coach, having succeeded Rob Penney after two seasons as his assistant.

Munster have also parted company with their head of fitness Adam Trypas, who took up the role in January.

He will be succeeded by Aled Walters, the senior strength and conditioning coach, who is going into his third season with the province.

Just like David O'Doherty sang really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvZnb5fXoo
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players

Post by ME-109 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 10:38 am

Seems Don is taking up the Hooky, Guns mantle....how excellent.

I have no idea if this was a mistake or what but clearly some people on here havent been at many munster home games. Munster supporters are the main critics of players. The amount of abuse players used to get from the home supporters is pretty well obvious.

I expect players to react in a very positive way to this. If Foley et al have lost the team this will be obvious soon enough.

Other than that...Up the Cats.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster Coaches Accidentally Send Document Criticising Munster Players to Munster Players

Post by Sin é Thu 04 Sep 2014, 10:55 am

ME-109 wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSH10CVC014#t=173

Cork 1:9, Tipp 2:16 Very Happy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:03 am

Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Brilliant clip that Very Happy

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:14 am

If nothing else it's good banter/wind up fodder for the opposition - I expect there'll be  a few digs about gravy trains, mental weakness and "struggling with functional movement"...

Last edited by Irish Londoner on Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:18 am

Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Ah well Sin there is only one thing that Cork and Kilkenny people agree on.......even the stopping of the five in a row left a lot of Cork people disgusted with themselves Whistle

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:29 am

Did you see this?

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/pic-tipp-fans-troll-kilkenny-fans-with-cheekey-sign-in-urlingford/

''we're here again to stop the 10''

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kilkenny are poor at winding anyone up.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:31 am

I want an Irish provinces 1-2-3 in the Pro12 this year

I thought there were 4 Provinces.

Oh - I see what you did there (I think).

I know nowt about Irish employment law, but on this side of the water if some subjective derogitary comments are released into the public domain and damage your future employment prospects there could be a case to be answered.

You might know you are shyte, they might know you are shyte, but if they put it in writing and the evidence is not easily quantifiable, well I'm glad its not my name on the bottom of that email.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 12:16 pm

Sin é wrote:Did you see this?

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/pic-tipp-fans-troll-kilkenny-fans-with-cheekey-sign-in-urlingford/

''we're here again to stop the 10''

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kilkenny are poor at winding anyone up.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3