The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+25
GSC
sodhat
Number-25
mikeygnfl
Good Golly I'm Olly
Lowlandbrit
wadey101
Take it to the house
FIFA Diva
JDizzle
Bull
twelve283
SuperTanker
Pr4wn
CFCNick
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Thomond
Forward Pass
Skyforger
NYJ
adams_legend
skins4ever
TM Moot
CJB
29 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 2 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Mon 15 Sep - 0:13

First topic message reminder :

Well played San Diego

That was a fine performance

Made Seattle look ordinary

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Sep - 7:16

50 BURGER

Tampa haven't even got a first down yet and Atlanta are 28-0 up. I mean its not like Atlanta's defence is even good
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 2 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Fri 19 Sep - 7:25

I think Tampa have given up by now Olly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Sep - 7:52

Drafting Julio Jones in like all my fantasy leagues is going too well

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 19 Sep - 9:08

Things are not going well in Tampa are they?

Takes my mind back to this article on NFL.com earlier this year about each of the 2014 HC hires:-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000317241/article/2014-nfl-coaching-class-awards

Coach most likely to succeed..... Lovie Smith

This is why I no longer look at NFL.com. It's garbage.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 19 Sep - 9:11

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000395942/Eagles-No-3-overall
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 19 Sep - 12:56

GSC wrote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap3000000395942/Eagles-No-3-overall

Maybe with Sanchez at QB but not that imposter Nick Foles.

Bucs have given up on the season already.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 19 Sep - 14:33

Look at that jiggle

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/these-are-professional-football-players-1636668725/+bubbaprog

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 19 Sep - 14:34

Has anyone checked on Pr4wn? I wasn't expecting the Bucs to look good, but I was shocked just how terrible they were. That team is Jacksonville bad.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 19 Sep - 15:41

Well that was something else. Part of the problem in Tampa is coaching, the scheme isn't that bad (they really aren't playing cover 2 or Tampa 2 as much as you would think), the players are screwing up a lot, making fundamental errors. Goldson has made several in the last couple of weeks, I knew he was average in coverage before he signed but he has been terrible.

From what I saw at training camp, I was worried about the offense, the defence not as much, but there were depth issues here as much as anything (4 missing starters are going to hurt you too). We all knew McCown was shoite, apparently Lovie didn't, always had accuracy problems, and making stupid plays so that's not a surprise.

I had the team going about 6/7 wins this year, there are a few winnable games there, I don't think it could ever be that bad again but they will get blown out a few times. Just blow it all up and get Mariota.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Fri 19 Sep - 15:48

Lowlandbrit wrote:Has anyone checked on Pr4wn? I wasn't expecting the Bucs to look good, but I was shocked just how terrible they were. That team is Jacksonville bad.

the score line actually flattered them, could of been a lot worse...

incidentally, what is the highest score in regular season history? (I know its normally frowned upon to run up a score)

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 19 Sep - 16:08

Won't be long until Glennons in. The Bucs have discovered what most of the world suspected, that McCowns outlier of a few good games with a great coach/receivers are not the norm.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 19 Sep - 17:12

TM Moot wrote:
Lowlandbrit wrote:Has anyone checked on Pr4wn? I wasn't expecting the Bucs to look good, but I was shocked just how terrible they were. That team is Jacksonville bad.

the score line actually flattered them, could of been a lot worse...

incidentally, what is the highest score in regular season history? (I know its normally frowned upon to run up a score)

I've really never understood that notion. Its up to the other team to stop you, not you to stop yourselves
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 19 Sep - 17:21

McCown is dealing with an injury to his thumb so it's almost certain Glennon will start. Checkdowns galore but it's better than what's there at the moment.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 20 Sep - 0:14

So, Goodell spent over half an hour avoiding answering questions at a press conference. Who knows, as long as nothing new comes out, it might blow over now. What's that? Oh.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 20 Sep - 0:20

I know people are outraged at Goodell, but shouldn't people really be outraged at Baltimore....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 20 Sep - 12:41

Actually, people should be outraged at Rice (and AP etc.), disappointed with Baltimore and asking for change at the top of the NFL.

Teams will always do what protects the organisation and it's chances of winning, including public image, but a single team cannot change league regulations etc. A player is responsible for himself and his behaviour, so cannot argue when he breaks the rules of the league, let alone society. None of the players involved in these issues have handled themselves well, but likewise, none of them have acted like they were above the law or that they don't understand the position (or at the very least like they don't believe they did anything wrong) they have put themselves and everyone else in.

The league on the other hand has shown a lack of clear process and decisive handling of these affairs, almost to the point of incompetence. Goodell has already lost the faith of the fans a long time back with his approach to taming the game, and now he can't even get his house in order. He has to step down soon and allow the NFL to put in place someone stronger and better able to portray the face of the league in public. They need a commissioner who is less interested in playing around with the on field activities and more capable of keeping the NFL off field image intact.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sat 20 Sep - 13:59

Why is it the NFL's responsibility to be the moral leader of society? I'm not saying that it's right for domestic abuse to happen but why do the NFL need to decide what is right or wrong? It's surely up to an individual team whether they want someone like that on their team and the NFL shouldn't need to get involved until there is a legal conviction.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 20 Sep - 14:12

Innocent until proven guilty after all
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 20 Sep - 14:55

GSC wrote:Won't be long until Glennons in. The Bucs have discovered what most of the world suspected, that McCowns outlier of a few good games with a great coach/receivers are not the norm.
I thought Glennon did ok last season. He looked better than Geno Smith and  EJ Manuel, with above average rookie stats, and I felt the Buccaneers should have continued to try and build around him as the Jets and Bills have respectively.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 20 Sep - 19:30

NYJ wrote:Why is it the NFL's responsibility to be the moral leader of society? I'm not saying that it's right for domestic abuse to happen but why do the NFL need to decide what is right or wrong?
Roger Goodell is the one that's spent all his time as commisioner going on about 'protecting the Shield'. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Here's an actual quote from his press conference about why he hasn't thought of resigning by the way:
[Q] Why do you feel like you should be able to continue in this role?
[A] Because i acknowledged my mistake.
Because apparently that's all it takes.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 20 Sep - 19:49

Roger Goodells primary role is to take the flak so people don't point the finger at the owners.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep - 11:17

Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas has died in a car crash aged 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Sep - 12:49

Man that sucks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 21 Sep - 17:59

[...] there's some things you can cover up, and then there's some things you can't. Right now is a sad day for me, because the reputation that I left in this organisation, this isn't it.
That was said by none other than Ray Lewis. No, really: http://deadspin.com/ray-lewis-some-things-you-can-cover-up-some-thing-1637373530/all

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 21 Sep - 18:33

Dalton-Sanu TD pass... but the wrong way around

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 21 Sep - 18:36

Do the Giants hate themselves?

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 21 Sep - 18:49

crazy_dave23 wrote:Do the Giants hate themselves?

They must do, no team can have that much bad luck

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Sep - 19:05

Gronk can't even run, still catches TD's

Austin Davis is the next Peyton
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Sep - 19:24

8 yards passing and 28 yards offence for Jacksonville at the half.

For the love of god just pay bortles already
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Sep - 19:29

Why.

Their OL sucks, Gerhart sucks and they have no healthy WRs.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Sep - 19:30

The Eagles defense has been absolutely abysmal.

And they lead.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 21 Sep - 19:42

Perhaps Florida should have one team like Tennessee, Minnesota and Carolina.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 21 Sep - 19:48

Olly wrote:8 yards passing and 28 yards offence for Jacksonville at the half.

For the love of god just pay bortles already

You have your wish

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 21 Sep - 19:50

GSC wrote:Why.

Their OL sucks, Gerhart sucks and they have no healthy WRs.
They've got Allen Robinson and he's in my fantasy team so I need someone who can throw to him.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 20:12

Football has gone soft. I've just seen the most ridiculous roughing the passer call against the Redskins' Trent Murphy. Unless of course the Eagles are getting some special help this season given the beneficial call they got last week too....

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 20:37

DeSean Jackson burns Cary Williams for an 81 yard TD

Sweet

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Sep - 20:47

Pats offence sucks ass badly. Offensive line is just plain offensive
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Sep - 20:50

Dams burst. Just too many OL injuries
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 20:53

Redskins and Eagles both appear to be trying not to win this game.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Sep - 20:55

Fat guy INT
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Sep - 20:57

2nd string C and 3rd string G and T will do that.

You stay classy Washington
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Sep - 20:59

Samuels ejected for the cheapest shot you'll see all year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 21:02

My goodness, Philly are getting some serious help from the officials in this one. Mass brawl on the Redskins sidelines and somehow, the only person ejected from the game following is Trent Williams... despite the fact that the Eagles' Peters was one of the instigators!

Redskins Baker also ejected but rightly so for a sneaky hit on Foles.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 21 Sep - 21:03

Rams mad how the hell can you throw away a 21 point lead

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 21:04

Ah Peters gone now too. I'm happier.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 21 Sep - 21:05

Peters was ejected not Williams

Probably shouldn't have but when your teammate gets blatantly cheap shotted like that
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 21:05

GSC wrote:Samuels ejected for the cheapest shot you'll see all year

Samuels???

Baker surely?

It was a very cheap hit. Deserved to go and also the inevitable fine that he'll be hit with this week.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 21:09

Think the Eagles win this now. They'll be fired up after that hit on Foles. Redskins missed their chance when they came away scoreless when inside the Eagles' 10 on their last drive.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 21:15

And that's why Cousins won't continue to start once Griffin is back - terrible interception to basically kill the game. He's prone to those unfortunately.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Sep - 21:20

Difference in this game again has been Redskins special teams miscues.

One kickoff returned by the Eagles for a TD and one missed chip shot fieldgoal. Eagles winning 37-27 and we've handed them 10 points.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next