The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Network

+3
Samo
Fernando
Brady12
7 posters

Go down

WWE Network Empty WWE Network

Post by Brady12 Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi guys & girls.... Not been around for awhile but still following the product

Anybody got any news on the Network here in the UK

Last I heard it was beginning on October 1st but I've not seen any press release confirming this... Anybody know anything more? Even to do with how it'll work ect would be great

Brady12

Back to top Go down

WWE Network Empty Re: WWE Network

Post by Fernando Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Well it's still been set for October 1st. There is a nasty rumor going around that it won't include PPV's as they have a deal with Sky. Apple have it down as £40 auto renew for 6 months angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:37 pm

I get all my PPV's for free because Mrs Samo works for Sky. Buzzing.

I'd still pay £40 for 6 months of the video library. A fantastic way to relive the past.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm still paying the Yankee price..... Works perfectly for me..... watching NXT at the moment

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Tbh if it doesn't include PPV's i doubt ill buy, not going to pay an extra 15 on top of the monthly subscription.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Cheers guys so I gather it'll be over the top broadcast rather than a channel on Sky like the Canadian version?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:09 pm

I get all the PPV's with my US Subscription

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Brady12 wrote:Cheers guys so I gather it'll be over the top broadcast rather than a channel on Sky like the Canadian version?

From what's been said it's going to be like the USA Network. That being said with their Sky deal their is potential for a channel they can squeeze in.

I miss the Wrestling Channel. Had great wrestling on it, Had 3PW,ROH,TNA,CZW,FWA.

Someone make a petition dammit.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 am

Now not expected 1st October and no date has been set for its launch

Apparently the details haven't been decided yet, no doubt finding a way that the UK customers can get financially screwed over seeing as we tend to pay more for anything and everything than other countries

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 pm

gazzyD wrote:Now not expected 1st October and no date has been set for its launch

Apparently the details haven't been decided yet, no doubt finding a way that the UK customers can get financially screwed over seeing as we tend to pay more for anything and everything than other countries

Ppvs?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Id guess so. Wpnder if we'll get to a place were an agreement will be reached were all but the big four PPVs aren't included. Sky will still get the box office sales and then maybe after 30 days or so the network will get them

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:55 pm

promotion for the WWE Network launch in the UK has been very minimal. WWE has announced that the launch has been pushed back from October 1st. No date has been given but WWE says the new date will be announced by November 1st.

So basically 2015

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:23 pm

Does anyone think that the WWE Network will result in a better on-going Raw/Smackdown/PPV product for the consumer?

The best arguments I can see on the plus side are:
- It will be easier to predict WWE Network income than PPV income, the resulting financial visibility can result in more stability which could provide a better product
- WWE is not behoven to deliver a $50 pay-off at the end of a PPV, so it could run stories longer

Of course it could also be that WWE will make much, much more money via the Network than its set-up previously, but the cynic in me feels that this extra cash is more likely to find its way back to the investors than be something the customer can see.

But I see huge negatives:
- If there is no PPV buy-rate, why raise your game to get people to buy it?
- Wrestlers who got their pay-off by being attributable to a PPV buy-rate may not see that split any more, so where is their incentive to work their asses off?
- If people aren't screaming that this is the worst $50 they've ever spent on a PPV and they will never buy again then there will be nothing to stop WWE having run-in endings and what is to stop the product looking like a TV show (e.g. will HiaC be better than the "season opener" of Raw?")

So, I do see the great price advantage for a customer in the US model of the Network, for PPVs and also to enjoy the back-catalogue. But I do worry that this is a short-term benefit that may result in a weaker product in 3-5 years time.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down