The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Network UK

+12
Prometheus
Dolphin Ziggler
Looseheaded
BD21
x12x
Shot 21 LCFC
NickisBHAFC
Samo
Fernando
Marky
edgehead79
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WWE Network UK Empty WWE Network UK

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:53 am

Launching on Monday & is free for the first month apparently...

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

WWE Network UK Empty Re: WWE Network UK

Post by Guest Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:03 am

Quality. Any news on how much it will be after the first month

Back to top Go down

Post by edgehead79 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:10 am

The email I recieved said it would be US $9.99 a month with no commitment.

edgehead79

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:20 am

£6.25 then, give or take.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:11 pm

"Directly from WWE, WWE Network will be available for FREE starting Monday, November 3 through the end of the month, including Survivor Series, on Web, iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Go to wwe.com on Monday, November 3 at 8 pm GMT to sign up. WWE Network will be available to you on other platforms, including Xbox One and Xbox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku streaming devices, and select Smart TVs on Tuesday, November 18 in time for Survivor Series so you can watch on your big screen TV.

Beginning in December, WWE Network will be available for US$9.99 per month with no commitment.

Thank you for your patience in awaiting the WWE Network launch."

What the email says.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:16 pm

No word on a PS3 version? Thats worrying.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm

Or PS4! Hopefully my smart tv picks it up.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 31 Oct 2014, 1:35 pm

6.25 a month isn't bad. But it doesn't include PPV's does it?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 31 Oct 2014, 1:50 pm

I think it will, depends on WWE's agreement with Sky Sports.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 31 Oct 2014, 2:28 pm

For £6.25 i wouldn't be too opposed to it being PPV free that being said that would be provided the PPV would be £9-10 quid to keep it around £15 as usual.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun 02 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

Well reading through the quote that Fernando posted, it says "including Survivor Series" so I guess that means yes...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 03 Nov 2014, 12:07 am

I don't watch WWE anymore but I'll sign up tomorrow morning and give it a go for a month...will probably keep it for NXT and if it has PPV's included...now, what to watch first?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:44 am

I'm signing up, can't wait! Anyone know how it works when it comes to avoiding spoilers?

Don't you have to go through the wwe website to access it? Don't fancy going to watch a PPV on the Monday and it be spoiled for me. I know it's out on xbox one in a couple of weeks, will that just be a network app or a wwe website type app?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:55 am

i'd probably just save the network page as a bookmark and then can just click straight through to it on the toolbar. I do that for a handle of sights which have spoilers for things

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Nov 2014, 1:16 pm

I used to watch PPVs on the Network, if you go straight to the network site then you wont see any spoilers

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 03 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

Currently treating myself to NXT Takeover: Fatal 4 Way while Mrs Samo is out. Got it working on my PS3 using the US app. Works fine.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm

WWE Network UK Img-networkDevices2

Theres a PS4 on there, we have hope

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 03 Nov 2014, 6:03 pm

Going to the gym and by the time I'm back it's time to sign up and to watch a load of old Royal Rumbles!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 7:55 pm

@WWENetwork tweeted at 7.39pm that the launch had been delayed "until further notice" what a joke.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 03 Nov 2014, 8:04 pm

Yup complete balls up.... way to treat your customers WWE
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 03 Nov 2014, 8:05 pm

Pretty disgraceful customer service from a global company. How hard is it to give a date and stick to it

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

WWE Network UK Proxy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 03 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

Wonder if this has anything to do with the deal they signed with Sky earlier in the year? They can't be too happy to lose their PPV revenue and perhaps they can't come to a compromise.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 8:55 pm

Surely they would have sorted that out and not waited until 21 minutes before their latest attempt at a launch to announce it.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Nov 2014, 9:02 pm

You would think that but you know WWE don't handle things correctly so probably sat with Rupert Murdoch as we speak  Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Nov 2014, 9:40 pm

In classic WWE fashion, Vince didnt read the script, I mean contract, until the last minute and with some details not to his liking he has ordered the lawyers into a rewrite during Raw, as is tradition.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 9:54 pm

This reeks of sky spitting their dummy out

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

Could easily have been a stand-off. No agreement, Vince says he's going ahead anyway, Sky get their lawyers on the job and put the block on.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm

Fantastic by wwe. They have trolled loads of nerds Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:37 pm

WWE Network UK B1jEQULCEAAlcTr

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:05 am

Fernando wrote:WWE Network UK Proxy
Laugh

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:27 am

liverbnz wrote:Could easily have been a stand-off. No agreement, Vince says he's going ahead anyway, Sky get their lawyers on the job and put the block on.

I'd certainly be thinking along the same lines, and if WWE doesn't tell us otherwise then you have to assume the worst, which is that they really screwed up royally by thinking they could do a multi-year contract with Sky giving them PPV rights and then a few months later could push through another avenue for Sky's viewers to obtain the same offering at a much lesser fee. And caught in the middle of that, Sky and WWE's customer base.

Most contracts are pretty big documents, so its entirely likely that WWE's lawyers thought they had a loophole and then Sky's legal team put forward an injunction on that. And if they can't work this out amicably it could be some time before the Network is back on the cards again.

I'd definitely expect news very soon. Especially as WWE has the ticking clock of the Raw taping in Liverpool next week. That could well descend into farce if some progress is not made, and I hope that does not happen as I'm sure there are people who've paid good money for that event who just deserve to see a good show.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 04 Nov 2014, 11:33 am

WWE was expected to launch the WWE Network today for fans in the UK. Within the hour of the launch, WWE announced via social media that the launch has been delayed until further notice.

WZ spoke with sources inside WWE who have informed us the delay was caused by a legal matter with Sky Sports.

For those unfamiliar, Sky Sports is the carrier of WWE pay-per-view content in The UK. A 2015 contract had already been negotiated upon for the distribution and payment of the WWE PPV’s. It seems Sky Sports has been disputing WWE over the legalities of the Network and its interference on their agreed upon deal. This has been the cause of the numerous delays for the information and launching in the UK stemming back to the original 10/1 launch date.

What is not yet clear is the probable communication breakdown with WWE announcing a launch to happen today, and then at the last minute having to delay it, again, appearing to be caused by Sky Sports.

A source in WWE told us the company could buyout the deal with Sky Sports but it would be a costly hit and potentially not worth it financially considering the Network hasn’t had as much financial success anywhere in the world as originally hoped.

Specifically, the new deal between WWE and BSkyB mandates all WWE PPV events will air on Sky Sports Box Office. Up until this year, 4 pay-per-views would air on Sky Sports at no extra charge for people who have the channel, while the remaining shows were on Sky Box Office at £14.95 per event.

We’re hoping to bring you more information as soon as we get it, but it should be noted that WWE is just as unhappy about the launch delay as the fans are. This is not something WWE just decided to do because the company was unprepared, the impression given to us was Sky Sports got involved and WWE was left unable to launch the Network.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:21 pm

Expect a UK Network with no live PPV's then!

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:31 pm

Or, just pretend to be American...

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:36 pm

BD21 wrote:Expect a UK Network with no live PPV's then!

And no subscribers either

I would hope the paying public would hit back and take a stand and refuse to buy PPVs from Sky. Unless they offer it at a subsidised cost for network subscribers

Not like Sky dont have enough money anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:41 pm

gazzyD wrote:
BD21 wrote:Expect a UK Network with no live PPV's then!

And no subscribers either

I would hope the paying public would hit back and take a stand and refuse to buy PPVs from Sky. Unless they offer it at a subsidised cost for network subscribers

Not like Sky dont have enough money anyway

I disagree with this.

Sky has given 1/4 of its PPVs for free over the last however many years its been. ANd then it charges about a third of the US cost for the PPVs.

As part of the huge chunk it has paid WWE to show its shows exclusively in the UK, why should they just turn around and say "go ahead, break our contract and revenue stream that we have already paid you for?"

This is not Skys fault but 100% WWEs fault.

They should have come to an agreed arrangement ahead of announcing that the network was being launched. Sky are not at fault whatsoever in this instance.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 04 Nov 2014, 2:55 pm

Adam D wrote:
This is not Skys fault but 100% WWEs fault.

How badly do you have to run your business for Sky to be the babyface?

They should have come to an agreed arrangement ahead of announcing that the network was being launched. Sky are not at fault whatsoever in this instance.

It seemed that this time round the lead time on the announcement of the Network going live was very short, but hey who cared after waiting so long? Wouldn't surprise me if Sky sat around to the last minute to give WWE maximum embarrassment that they could not proceed. If one party is going to try to drive straight through you, you might as well play hardball in return.

Stock price has gone up on WWE this morning. I think the best hope we had for this being resolved quickly would have been if the opposite had happened. After their last earnings report and putting faith in the UK market to raise the network subscription numbers, failure to make this happen and a drop in share price might have put pressure on WWE to sort this quickly. If Sky are protecting their Survivor Series PPV revenue, you'd think no chance of a Network in 2014.

Short term thinking on booking is bad. Short term thinking on doing TV deals with PPVs included and then botching the Network roll-out really makes you think the whole organisation from top to bottom is a short-term thinking mess.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 04 Nov 2014, 3:57 pm

Sky have denied anything to do with Monday’s WWE Network problems in the UK. The WWE’s streaming service had been due to go live at 8pm, only for WWE to suddenly announce it was indefinitely delayed. The cruel last minute nature of this delay has been massively disappointing to loyal UK fans who were eagerly anticipating the launch. Indeed, WWE’s UK social media had been building fan hopes up all weekend, only to cancel the launch in the hour before 8pm.

Blame had been put on Sky. Dave Meltzer at Wrestling Observer Radio had reported that it was Sky who got in the way. The broadcaster was said to be unhappy over WWE giving Survivor Series away free on the Network, when Sky Box Office would be trading the same show at £14.95.

However, a Sky Community manager has now denied any Sky involvement. Stacey is the Community Manager of Sky.Com’s forums and stated “Hi all, Please be advised that the the delay on the WWE Network is in no way related to Sky. As previously advised, this is an independent service which Sky will not be providing.”

Furthermore, Sky’s social media team has acted to respond to disgruntled fans.
SkyHelpTeam @SkyHelpTeam
@jordanwwe19 Good afternoon, Jordan. Thanks for the tweet Smile We understand that the WWE Network release date has been delayed and this isn’t a decision that we have made and instead it was made by the WWE. You can get some confirmation on this here on our Community Forum. I appreciate that the delay is frustrating and would suggest directing any questions about it to the WWE themselves. If there is anything else I can do for you today, please let me know.

“We are in no way responsible for the WWE Network’s delay” is Sky’s official stance, and so it seems that this UK mess is all down to the WWE. There’s an intriguing rumour that WWE had hoped Sky would come in at the last minute to offer a TV channel. WWE wanted something like the Sky F1 channel and thought Sky would offer it when they realised WWE Network was serious about going it alone. When that didn’t happen, WWE panicked and pulled the plug.

At this stage, all we know for certain is what Sky are saying. The WWE remains silent. UK fans are rightly outraged and already arranging protests for next week’s UK shows.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 4:09 pm

Ultimately, a forum manager isn't going to be a 100% reliable source for what Sky did or didn't say to the WWE though, is she?

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 04 Nov 2014, 4:11 pm

You would assume that she has been advised to say that considering they have kept quiet since then...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 4:15 pm

I dunno. Their forum and social media folk made some pretty certain statements regarding NFL TV rights last time round that turned out to be completely wrong. They just talk about it from a TV platform perspective, not from the perspective of legal ramifications.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 04 Nov 2014, 4:21 pm

Hopefully shall find out sooner or later. Pretty stupid by WWE to advertise something that's not 100% set in stone, Surely they ain't stupid enough to think Sky weren't going to complain or do anything at all.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:43 am

So, Vince has apologised http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-chairman-addresses-uk-fans-26779418

He's also promising that "the WWE Network will be worth the wait" to me that implies that it will be the Network, not a Sky Channel and it will include PPVs, etc. But hey after two failed starts is Vince's word worth much any more?

Guess in the meantime I'm going to have to wrap my head around how to fool the system that I'm in the US or Togo or somewhere else in the world.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:20 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Guess in the meantime I'm going to have to wrap my head around how to fool the system that I'm in the US or Togo or somewhere else in the world.

Its pretty simple. And 100% legal aswell so nothing to worry about. I still wont discuss 'how to's' here though, while it may be legal its still a bit naughty.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:22 pm

Samo wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

Its pretty simple.  And 100% legal aswell so nothing to worry about.  I still wont discuss 'how to's' here though, while it may be legal its still a bit naughty.

Interestingly where I'm domiciled in Ireland I do believe they brought in recent legislation to make this illegal. But hey, life on the edge right?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:24 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Interestingly where I'm domiciled in Ireland I do believe they brought in recent legislation to make this illegal.  But hey, life on the edge right?

That right? Hard going.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:57 pm

Few wrestling sites suggesting that the WWE Network may be an channel for sky now. Don't Frak us over like Canada WWE it won't work here...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:51 pm

I recon it would. £6.25 added to a sky bill isn't too bad. Usually pay £14:95 for a ppv anyway, so don't see why it wouldn't work.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm

Its because the ease of content would be a nightmare

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content