The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn's justification. Do you agree?

+19
.aveyard2.0
Lance
kingraf
3fingers
catchweight
Seanusarrilius
DuransHorse
Dipper Brown
jimdig
milkyboy
RanjitPatel
rob-glos
AdamT
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
JabMachineMK2
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hearn's justification. Do you agree? - Page 3 Empty Hearn's justification. Do you agree?

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Here is Eddie Hearn explaining to Kugan Cassius why Bellew/Cleverly is on PPV what do you make of his reasoning

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qQJefYeEi7c

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Hearn's justification. Do you agree? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hearn's justification. Do you agree?

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:25 pm

Rowley wrote:You make reasonable points Wasp, but I still think fans voicing their displeasure, or whinging if you prefer, has value. Hearn has marketed himself and had great success through making attempts to engage with fans and portray himself as a fan friendly promoter. If this image or desire is even partially genuine he will surely have seen that this fight has definitely damaged that image. Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that the sales figures will ultimately steer any future decisions, if our protestations do anything to give him pause for thought in the future when making similar decisions they will have had value.  
I'm always reminded of the Chinese student stood in front of the tank all those years ago and the ultimate futility of his actions as the tank just rolled right over him with the driver's only "pause for thought" being, "Do I hit reverse or not?"

Back to top Go down

Hearn's justification. Do you agree? - Page 3 Empty Re: Hearn's justification. Do you agree?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm

If they had Burger king and Playboy magazine in China back then....The Tank would have had an open road.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If they had Burger king and Playboy magazine in China back then....The Tank would have had an open road.
If they had Burger king and Playboy magazine in China back then....The Tank wouldn't have had a driver!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:33 pm

I suspect ultimately it will be futile dave. However if we adopt the same attitude that” if it sells it’s a success, if it doesn’t it won’t be” to all threads this will be a pretty quiet forum. Can’t wait for the next predictions thread, who will win between Hopkins and Kovalev, we’ll find out when they fight, end of thread. Got to say though would have welcomed such an approach when it come to Mayweather Manny, if only that debate could have been ended with “they will either fight, or they won’t”

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:36 pm

Only in the last few years Boxing has become a business...

Bring back the days when everyone was self-less..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:43 pm

Rowley wrote:I suspect ultimately it will be futile dave. However if we adopt the same attitude that” if it sells it’s a success, if it doesn’t it won’t be” to all threads this will be a pretty quiet forum. Can’t wait for the next predictions thread, who will win between Hopkins and Kovalev, we’ll find out when they fight, end of thread.  Got to say though would have welcomed such an approach when it come to Mayweather Manny, if only that debate could have been ended with “they will either fight, or they won’t”
Clouds and silver linings, Rowley!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:55 pm

Must be that time of the year when you write a thread Davey boy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:02 pm

I'm adopting the Thomas Hauser approach of having nothing new to add to a well worn subject but still kicking the f*cking arse out of it as it's easy money.

Cue another Bradley Pryce article...oh, wait, after that interview they had with him and his abject failure to mention my unwavering support of him in the face of fierce opposition, he can go f*ck himself!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:13 pm

Yes...Less is more in your case !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:25 pm

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if they like each other. They'll make more money and gain more interest from each other than any other potential cruiserweight fight.

Carl Froch may as well dedicate his autobiography 'Life as an international superstar' to George Groves and Howard Foster. I couldn't hate someone who made me £8m

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3