The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England 12 and 13

5 posters

Go down

England 12 and 13 Empty England 12 and 13

Post by Tiger/Chief Fri 03 Oct 2014, 4:56 pm

Probably the most congested positions for England at the minute!

Eastmond has started the season on fire and in my opinion deserves a run in the side at 12. I'd probably go with Burrell at 13 interchanging with Tuilagi!

Twelvetrees and Slade play a very similar style of Rugby with Twelvetrees probsvly a more solid gain line attacker/defender and Slade playing really well as a second fly half!

Special mentions for Jonathon Joseph and Brad Barrit who look on top of their respective strengths that they can bring to the party!

If go with Eastmond and Burrell and have Slade on the bench

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

England 12 and 13 Empty Re: England 12 and 13

Post by LondonTiger Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm

Surely as he is playing 13 atm Slade should be a 3rd fly half?

If Slade is on the bench is he covering 10, or do you have someone else for that and thus have little cover for the back 3.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:06 pm

Got to fast-track in Burgess... simply have to. England have 12 months to get him right.

Question - if it meant not winning the 6N as he got up to speed in the position would ENG fans take it if it meant he was ready for the RWC?

The guy is colossus.  

The problem with Eastmond is obvious... any team would smash him to pieces and target him. I've heard he's not too bad in defence (can't say I know) but test match rugby is different.

Tuilagi at 13 unless he's crocked. Any other suggestion is simply ridiculous. Burrell did a fine job and is a good cover player for the backline but he's not in the same league as Tuilagi.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:11 pm

The Burgess thing is a joke. I am sorry.

Let him tear things up in a few AP games before we get excited. He may be the best thing in english rugby but he is new to the game and the chances of him picking everything he needs up in the time available is very low.

He might be a very hard man to stop ball in hand, and I am sure his tackling technique could be adapted, but things like kicking from hand, distribution and positioning are all going to come under a lot of scrutiny to start off with (and lets just not mention the breakdown shall we?).

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:14 pm

Eastmond. He can tackle but hes not a big guy, and his channel will be attacked all day long. We cant get away from that so we have to adapt a little if he plays. He has got great feet and distribution though. On the right day he will look amazing.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 06 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

12 Eastmond
13 Manu

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content