The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football

2 posters

Go down

Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football Empty Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 16 Oct 2014, 2:26 pm

Homosexuality in professional sport has long been a taboo subject, with athletes such as Michael Sam coming out, making headline news. “Wonderkid” is a new short film project by filmmaker Rhys Chapman that tackles homophobia in professional football. The production team behind the film have created a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the film, while a video outlining the project is narrated by none other than veteran actor Ian McKellan.

Impressively the video was shot at London’s Wembley Stadium and has received backing by various institutions including LGBT organizations, The Kevin Spacey Foundation and Moby. To see more on the film and to show your support, head to the Wonderkid Kickstarter Page

Not expecting anyone to donate, but thought it might be of interest to you and I'm really proud of all my friends that have worked on this, in writing, directing, filming, seeking interviews and media coverage, and most importantly the amount they believe in the cause they are working for and their perfect view towards the inclusion of all in the sport.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football Empty Re: Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Oct 2014, 5:04 pm

Does it include anything on Justin fashanu?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football Empty Re: Wonderkid - a Short Film Tackling Homophobia in Football

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 16 Oct 2014, 5:49 pm

Its a work of fiction I believe, but obviously the stigma of his suicide and the links that are undeniably there, however much it was or wasnt linked, has influenced it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down