The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather

+16
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
Dipper Brown
superflyweight
seanmichaels
JabMachineMK2
hogey
Derbymanc
huw
TopHat24/7
Eyetoldyouso
88Chris05
mobilemaster8
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather  Empty p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:24 am

I was a major fan. Always backed him when he was accused of cherry picking and always stuck up for his genuis when classed as boring. There was a time when I would of had him in the top ten but not now. He is still a wonderful fighter and has had a fantastic career up until the last couple years.

Top 20 for me but should be top 10 giving his immense talent. He is the greatest boxer of his generation but "TBE", not a chance in hell.

I understand he is 38 and people that support him will use that as an excuse for him picking who he wants. I'm not buying it. If he doesn't want to fight the best he should just retire. Never in history has such a superfight been avoided by top boxers (Floyd and Manny both). Mayweather not fighting Manny will hurt his standing when he is long retired, more so than Manny. It will remain a black mark on his record. Even if he retires undefeated there will be those that believe he only remained so because he avoided Manny. I believe he would of defeated Manny but does it matter what we believe. The only way anyone would ever know is if they had of squared off, shame we were robbed of a real superfight, or who knows a possible trilogy.

Mayweather has the talent to be remembered along side the very best. He has the skills and abilities to compete with anyone. As Truss has said, name other fighters at his age that is as dominating. It's just a pity his later career is motivated completely of money and protecting that zero at all costs.

ATG but could of been a real legend.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather  Empty Re: p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:34 am

Top 10 for me.....You can use the cherrypicking argument for the p4p number 1 so it becomes redundant..

Have to reward 17 years unbeaten at the top level whatever you think of the guy..

Best fighter I've seen in my lifetime...Closely followed by Leonard

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather  Empty Re: p4p all time where do you rate Mayweather

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:40 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Top 10 for me.....You can use the cherrypicking argument for the p4p number 1 so it becomes redundant..

Have to reward 17 years unbeaten at the top level whatever you think of the guy..

Best fighter I've seen in my lifetime...Closely followed by Leonard

Best fighter in mine too Truss and was always my favourite active fighter. I just read what he said about Stephen A Smith and it was a tad harsh for me. Stephen A Smith always had his back and rated him above Leonard and co.

This thread is not a dig at Floyd. I don't think he is a cherry picker. However I do think he has become a bit carefully managed. Though nearly all modern fighters are these days.

17-18 years unbeaten is amazing but I still think he could of had a couple of fights were even the haters would of had no choice but to acknowledge that the guy is up there with the very greatest.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:49 am

Best fighter I've seen in my lifetime

I'd say he was the best boxer I've seen in my lifetime. He has the skills to have pretty much avoided an all out war in any of his fights. I'd rate Manny above him as a straight up fighter/ brawler.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:52 am

People always resent the present....Some old duffers thinks Trevino was better than Woods I expect..

"The good old days that never were"...

Ring magazine I have at home has the contract Robbo reneged on for Turpin 3....You know the guy who gave him nightmares..

Holmes was the greatest cherrypicker of all....

It's wrong but consistency would be nice.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:54 am

I don't resent the present. Though am only 30. Woods is the man for me as is Federer/Nadal in tennis. Ronaldo and Messi are also not too far away from my very highest rated footballers ever.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

The cherry picking argument seems a bit strange to me when compared to other fighters who don't get as much stick.

Floyd in the past few years has a resume of:

Canelo Alvarez
Juan Manuel Marquez
Robert Guerrero
Marcos Maidana x 2
Miguel Cotto
Victor Ortiz

Now I personally think that's a good list of fighters. Not sure why people would argue otherwise.

Alvarez is a young strong fighter, people say floyd would never touch him....and he did...and he outclassed him even though he was outweighed by over 10lbs.

Marquez had handled Pacman a few times and always brough the cards close and gave him fits.. Yet floyd outclassed him...don't bring up the weight argument because I smaller guy in Floyd dominated a much larger bloke in Canelo.

Cotto? Decent fighter in my eyes.

Maidana? gave khan a tough tough night and beat broners face in. He got there on merit. He would be a tough night for most.

Guerrero? Decent fighter as well. May not be p4p but he is still a good operator.

Ortiz is inconsistent so I take that fight with a pinch of salt.

Compare that to say wlad....fighting the fighters he has over the years.

Cleverley....

Pacquaio....

Alvarez....

All have cherry picked more....their list of fighters contain the likes of:

Matthew Hatton
Wach
Clottey

Just to name a few....

I think he is top 10 and is by far the best fighter I've seen in my years as a fan.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

Hearns the best natural boxer I've ever seen....Made a prime Leonard look ordinary...

Didn't mean you specifically...Adam

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hearns the best natural boxer I've ever seen....Made a prime Leonard look ordinary...

Didn't mean you specifically...Adam

Yeah I know that mate. If Hearns had Mayweathers boxing IQ, he would be be near unbeatable from Welter to middleweight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 11:27 am

With regards to Mayweather's opposition in the past few years - they've all been good fighters and I don't think anyone disputes that. The problem is that a fighter like Mayweather, with his talents and his status as the world's best, should be fighting exceptional (rather than just good) fighters with a bit more regularity.

Also, styles make fights. The guys Mayweather has been feasting on recently (Ortiz, Guerrero, Alvarez and Maidana in particular) might collectively be just as good overall as the likes of Thurman, Khan, Alexander and Lara, but they were tailor-made for Mayweather.

I think what's so poor about Mayweather's match-making recently is that he's basically been fighting the same style over and over again. When was the last time he fought anyone who wasn't a flat footed banger? He hasn't fought a real stylist in a long time. Yeah, it's impressive how he takes apart these slower, more direct fighters, but none of them had anything to really threaten him with. Cotto is more rounded than the others, fair enough, but he's still not a stylist in the proper sense. I'd rather see him taking on a 'boring' fighter like Lara or even Brook instead of another guy of Ortiz, Guerrero, Alvarez or Maidana's ilk who seem to get eclusive consideration becasue of their 'fan base.'

Pacquiao's had plenty of problems these last three years or so, but at least he's been fighting a mix of styles. Marquez, Bradley, Rios and Algieri at least give you a broader spectrum of boxing than Mayweather's recent opponents do.

Anyway, rant over. Mayweather something like 9th - 11th for me all-time.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri 17 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:The cherry picking argument seems a bit strange to me when compared to other fighters who don't get as much stick.

Canelo Alvarez
Juan Manuel Marquez
Robert Guerrero
Marcos Maidana x 2
Miguel Cotto
Victor Ortiz

Now I personally think that's a good list of fighters. Not sure why people would argue otherwise.

Alvarez is a young strong fighter, people say floyd would never touch him....and he did...and he outclassed him even though he was outweighed by over 10lbs.

Marquez had handled Pacman a few times and always brough the cards close and gave him fits..  Yet floyd outclassed him...don't bring up the weight argument because I smaller guy in Floyd dominated a much larger bloke in Canelo.

Cotto? Decent fighter in my eyes.

Maidana? gave khan a tough tough night and beat broners face in. He got there on merit. He would be a tough night for most.

Guerrero? Decent fighter as well. May not be p4p but he is still a good operator.

Ortiz is inconsistent so I take that fight with a pinch of salt.

Compare that to say wlad....fighting the fighters he has over the years.

Cleverley....

Pacquaio....

Alvarez....

All have cherry picked more....their list of fighters contain the likes of:

Matthew Hatton
Wach
Clottey

Just to name a few....

I think he is top 10 and is by far the best fighter I've seen in my years as a fan.

Such a good posting......then you mention Cleverley

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 11:42 am

88Chris05 wrote:With regards to Mayweather's opposition in the past few years - they've all been good fighters and I don't think anyone disputes that. The problem is that a fighter like Mayweather, with his talents and his status as the world's best, should be fighting exceptional (rather than just good) fighters with a bit more regularity.

Also, styles make fights. The guys Mayweather has been feasting on recently (Ortiz, Guerrero, Alvarez and Maidana in particular) might collectively be just as good overall as the likes of Thurman, Khan, Alexander and Lara, but they were tailor-made for Mayweather.

I think what's so poor about Mayweather's match-making recently is that he's basically been fighting the same style over and over again. When was the last time he fought anyone who wasn't a flat footed banger? He hasn't fought a real stylist in a long time. Yeah, it's impressive how he takes apart these slower, more direct fighters, but none of them had anything to really threaten him with. Cotto is more rounded than the others, fair enough, but he's still not a stylist in the proper sense. I'd rather see him taking on a 'boring' fighter like Lara or even Brook instead of another guy of Ortiz, Guerrero, Alvarez or Maidana's ilk who seem to get eclusive consideration becasue of their 'fan base.'

Pacquiao's had plenty of problems these last three years or so, but at least he's been fighting a mix of styles. Marquez, Bradley, Rios and Algieri at least give you a broader spectrum of boxing than Mayweather's recent opponents do.

Good post was exactly what am trying to say. I have him outside the top 10. Probably about 15th. If he takes on a couple of different type of challenges in his remaining fights, I will have him back on my top 10.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 12:08 pm

Here we go again......

[FWIW, somewhere 10-15]

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 12:25 pm

AdamT wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:With regards to Mayweather's opposition in the past few years - they've all been good fighters and I don't think anyone disputes that. The problem is that a fighter like Mayweather, with his talents and his status as the world's best, should be fighting exceptional (rather than just good) fighters with a bit more regularity.

Good post was exactly what am trying to say. I have him outside the top 10. Probably about 15th. If he takes on a couple of different type of challenges in his remaining fights, I will have him back on my top 10.

You want to tell me who is 11-14....

As for challenges..Those that rate him....rate him....Those that don't never will..

Manny will be past it.....Brook and Thurman overrated and Khan was sloppy seconds..

Haz tried to use his win over WBA champ Maidana at 37 to crap on him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:The cherry picking argument seems a bit strange to me when compared to other fighters who don't get as much stick.

Canelo Alvarez Catchweight
Juan Manuel Marquez Catchweight, which Floyd ignored, and above prime weight
Robert Guerrero Above prime weight, no CV above LWW
Marcos Maidana x 2 Limited fighter only looked good wiping out a bully hype-job and already schooled by Khan
Miguel Cotto Avoided when at his best and prime weight
Victor Ortiz gutless hype job, only ever there for the payday, won with a sucker punch

Next?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 12:44 pm

Tophat amuses me....He say's 10-15 and he readily admits he doesn't know much about Boxing...

Joke..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

Maybe 15 is harsh, will do a proper list sometime. Talent is easily top ten though. In fact I would have him top 5 on ability. I just think if he goes out with a bang then he would be top 10 easily. Manny fight might not be as big as it was before he got knocked out but would still be a great win on the resume.

He should fight Khan (maybe not best challanger but would represent the problem of speed and youth, plus Khan is never really outboxed)

Then Manny next and possibly have a 50th fight against the likes of Thurman,Brook or whoever is the number 1 welter/Light middle out there.

Even the haters would have to give him some credit.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 17 Oct 2014, 2:03 pm

Late to ten for me, some days just outside as I'm quite contrary - but not called Mary Mary.

Should be top 2-3 but has too managed a career to get higher. Fights he should have taken at times were avoided or put off until later.

It is the lack of the 'warrior' aspect that marks him down for me.

This is one of those strange ones as anyone who has him as a top 20 is considering him one of the top 20 fighters there has even been. That is huge praise yet people will get upset he isn't higher in the top 20.

Watching him fight is still a treat but I would still have Sweetpea ahead of him on my list.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 17 Oct 2014, 2:20 pm

Ok, here's a question.

How do you rank him based on his record so far?

How would you rank him if he'd fought and beat a peak Manny back in lets say 2009?

I reckon they'll fight next year but how much of a mark down is a non-peak fight for Floyd?

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 17 Oct 2014, 2:26 pm

For me it is the final aspect that marks him down.

Could have fought Manny, Cotto and Mosely sooner than he did as they would have given him more problems then.

If he beats Manny now, would it not be in the same league as Khan beating Barrera?

We are all quite harsh on MMW, this is a positive as it shows the ability we all believe he has.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:13 pm

Canelo Alvarez Catchweight
Juan Manuel Marquez Catchweight, which Floyd ignored, and above prime weight
Robert Guerrero Above prime weight, no CV above LWW
Marcos Maidana x 2 Limited fighter only looked good wiping out a bully hype-job and already schooled by Khan
Miguel Cotto Avoided when at his best and prime weight
Victor Ortiz gutless hype job, only ever there for the payday, won with a sucker punch

------------------------------------------------

Not trying to be an arse Truss but isn't that list how Toppy changed it about right?

Mayweather should have tested himself more and not had so many catchweight fights. He's still no.1 at the moment though.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm

Truss plays the man, not the ball/argument.

He knows he can't argue those points without looking like a desperate deluded fanboy, so he plays the man instead.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:21 pm

Somewhere between 15-20, without doubt a great fighter.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:30 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Truss plays the man...

You been speaking to the lads down at the Oyster as well, Toppy?

Anyway, had Mayweather fought and beaten Pacquiao when the fight was originally scheduled for (March 2010) then his position as an automatic top tenner would have been assured in my eyes, and he’d have been challenging for a top five space in my estimations as well.

Again, I implore anyone who hasn’t seen it for a while and has forgotten how awesome Manny looked at the time to watch the Pacquiao-Cotto fight again. A very, very good fighter in Cotto completely taken apart by a two-fisted, lightning-fast, fit-as-a-fiddle and surprisingly technical monster. When I hear people saying that Floyd shouldn’t have Manny held against him (careful there, Vicar) because it would never have been a close fight and he was always on a different level to Pacquiao, or that he’d have got no credit had he won, I always wonder if they were saying that at the time. Usually I find myself doubting it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm

Whos had the tougher resume recently? Manny or Floyd. Could only imagine the outcry if Floyd even sparred Algeri never mind entertain the idea of sharing a ring with him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:44 pm

If you don't agree with Truss he has 3 reactions

1) Argue with you, which then he'll run to the mods about
2) Throw some irrelevant history at you
3) Pull some obscure line out of somewhere which makes his original standpoint ignored.

Its amazing that the forum tolerates his behavior. Better people get banned for less.

Anyway - I think comfortably between 10 to 15 for me. I can't put him higher because people in the top 10 had defining fights and for me, Floyd hasn't had one. Pacquiao would have been it. Paul Williams would have been another, or Mosely at his peak. None of these were taken on. I never bought into the "Floyd cherry picks" but then I looked at the way he selects his opponents which is pretty obvious.

Problem is - he's a phenomenal boxer. One of the best we're ever likely to see - but his career just can't justify putting him in a top 10 even if his ability can. Calzaghe doesn't get in a top 10 for me and he did something similar. In actual fact I'd go as far to say as towards the end of his career Calzaghe had some real defining fights that after time have shown to be impressive, such as Hopkins and Kessler.

So, unfortunately its outside a top 10, but ability wise he should really have nailed a top 5 place.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:50 pm

Just behind Pacquiao and Calzaghe

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:51 pm

Why is everyone holding Mosely against him? Floyd called Mosley out years ago. Shane only wanted a part of Floyd whenhe became "Money Mayweather"

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:51 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Just behind Pacquiao and Calzaghe

Your Joking about Calzaghe?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:53 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:If you don't agree with Truss he has 3 reactions

1) Argue with you, which then he'll run to the mods about
2) Throw some irrelevant history at you
3) Pull some obscure line out of somewhere which makes his original standpoint ignored.

Its amazing that the forum tolerates his behavior. Better people get banned for less.

Anyway - I think comfortably between 10 to 15 for me. I can't put him higher because people in the top 10 had defining fights and for me, Floyd hasn't had one. Pacquiao would have been it. Paul Williams would have been another, or Mosely at his peak. None of these were taken on. I never bought into the "Floyd cherry picks" but then I looked at the way he selects his opponents which is pretty obvious.

Problem is - he's a phenomenal boxer. One of the best we're ever likely to see - but his career just can't justify putting him in a top 10 even if his ability can. Calzaghe doesn't get in a top 10 for me and he did something similar. In actual fact I'd go as far to say as towards the end of his career Calzaghe had some real defining fights that after time have shown to be impressive, such as Hopkins and Kessler.

So, unfortunately its outside a top 10, but ability wise he should really have nailed a top 5 place.

We aren't allowed to have a pop at you Mate because of all your crying..

So don't pop at me...Sonny.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:53 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Truss plays the man...

You been speaking to the lads down at the Oyster as well, Toppy?

Anyway, had Mayweather fought and beaten Pacquiao when the fight was originally scheduled for (March 2010) then his position as an automatic top tenner would have been assured in my eyes, and he’d have been challenging for a top five space in my estimations as well.

Again, I implore anyone who hasn’t seen it for a while and has forgotten how awesome Manny looked at the time to watch the Pacquiao-Cotto fight again. A very, very good fighter in Cotto completely taken apart by a two-fisted, lightning-fast, fit-as-a-fiddle and surprisingly technical monster. When I hear people saying that Floyd shouldn’t have Manny held against him (careful there, Vicar) because it would never have been a close fight and he was always on a different level to Pacquiao, or that he’d have got no credit had he won, I always wonder if they were saying that at the time. Usually I find myself doubting it.

It was actually difficult at that point to see the fight as anything other than 50/50. Manny looked incredible against Cotto and although Floyd poses much more and much tougher questions than Cotto, Manny's educated punch output alone would have made it very difficult for Floyd to outpoint him. Gun to head I probably would have still picked Floyd to win, but it was a pickem all the way. If he'd beaten that version of Manny he'd be pushing top 5 (although possibly falling just short and settling into about 6th or 7th).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:54 pm

Why would he joke? Joe has 2/3 fights against the best opposition available at the time in Kessler, Hopkins and Jones Jr on his record. Granted, Jones Jr was fading, but he went on to win the bloody heavyweight title! May not have been against a Wlad type, but that is some boxer!

I'm not even a Calzaghe fan, but he does rank, for me and I'm sure a lot of others - much higher.

And FYI Floyd went into temporary retirement while Mosely was at his pomp at Welterweight.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

We aren't allowed to have a pop at you Mate because of all your crying..

So don't pop at me...Sonny.

"Mate" - you've just proved my point.

So, why don't you take the part where I debated my point instead of trying to act hard in front of your forum friends?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 3:58 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Why would he joke? Joe has 2/3 fights against the best opposition available at the time in Kessler, Hopkins and Jones Jr on his record. Granted, Jones Jr was fading, but he went on to win the bloody heavyweight title! May not have been against a Wlad type, but that is some boxer!

I'm not even a Calzaghe fan, but he does rank, for me and I'm sure a lot of others - much higher.

And FYI Floyd went into temporary retirement while Mosely was at his pomp at Welterweight.

Kessler is no better than a couple of floyds best wins. Wouldn't rank him as high as Marquez or Castillo or possibly Corrales. Hopkins is similar to the De la hoya win. Jones Jr is a terrible pick. A lot of Calzaghes opponents were garbage mate. Don't compare him to Floyd.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:00 pm

Pm from a mod arriving for me any second now..

Jabby has sparred with them both Adam..He should know..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:01 pm

Yes, and so are Mayweathers - look at when he fought them. No Margarito, no Mosely until later, no Pacquiao, no Williams - Clazaghe's division was more devoid of talent than Mayweathers.

Kessler was a superb win. The B-Hop win looks even better as time passes. Jones Jr was the first middleweight to rise through the divisions to heavy in something like 50 years (may be wrong) so regardless of what you think of the win, that really is a special boxer and he wasn't as far gone as people will have you believe, he was still a great boxer.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Pm from a mod arriving for me any second now..

Jabby has sparred with them both Adam..He should know..

Debate the point I made, or clear off you fat little moron.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Yes, and so are Mayweathers - look at when he fought them. No Margarito, no Mosely until later, no Pacquiao, no Williams - Clazaghe's division was more devoid of talent than Mayweathers.

Kessler was a superb win. The B-Hop win looks even better as time passes. Jones Jr was the first middleweight to rise through the divisions to heavy in something like 50 years (may be wrong) so regardless of what you think of the win, that really is a special boxer and he wasn't as far gone as people will have you believe, he was still a great boxer.

Forgot to mention the Cotto win is a hell of a lot better than the Kessler win. Not arguing the point. If you believe Joe is in the same category as Floyd that is up to you mate. Your opinon is welcome, I just don't agree.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:06 pm

No worries - I used to think the same until someone on here pointed out about Floyds record being somewhat padded, its not blatant but you can see where people have their misgivings.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:06 pm

AdamT wrote:Maybe 15 is harsh, will do a proper list sometime. Talent is easily top ten though. In fact I would have him top 5 on ability. I just think if he goes out with a bang then he would be top 10 easily. Manny fight might not be as big as it was before he got knocked out but would still be a great win on the resume.

He should fight Khan (maybe not best challanger but would represent the problem of speed and youth, plus Khan is never really outboxed)

Then Manny next and possibly have a 50th fight against the likes of Thurman,Brook or whoever is the number 1 welter/Light middle out there.

Even the haters would have to give him some credit.

I suppose If they weren't catchweight..They'd all have schooled Floyd..

Can't be bothered with pitiful squirts like you Jabby..

Pm arriving any second now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:08 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:No worries - I used to think the same until someone on here pointed out about Floyds record being somewhat padded, its not blatant but you can see where people have their misgivings.

His record id not perfect I agree hence why I started the thread. Can anyone pick many holes in Marquez record? Great fighter who rarely gets a mention and that is mainly because of pacman.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:09 pm

Here is your line about me complaining. You're like clockwork you chubby slob. You can ask your mod friends to post any complaints I've ever made about you, I've given permission time and again but like most of the things you come out with regarding members of this forum its horse crap from you to try to give yourself credibility when arguing against me.

The only reason you don't get banned is because you're the biggest arse-licker to majority of the mods on these forums. Don't deny it.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

AdamT wrote:His record id not perfect I agree hence why I started the thread. Can anyone pick many holes in Marquez record? Great fighter who rarely gets a mention and that is mainly because of pacman.

Marquez is a little different given his wars with Pacquiao and the rough end of the decision he's gotten a few times. Marquez has a few little blips like the losses on his record but undeniably an incredible boxer. I'd have him inside a top 30 for certain.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

"I only did it because I respect you all so so much"

Makes my skin crawl....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:13 pm

What relevance does that have? Is this the usual Truss loses argument so throws history back at poster?

You're one of the few who seems to have been so affected by it, you sure seem salty about something that happened 3 years ago. Move on with your life, lose some weight and get a job! Its about time.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:14 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:His record id not perfect I agree hence why I started the thread. Can anyone pick many holes in Marquez record? Great fighter who rarely gets a mention and that is mainly because of pacman.

Marquez is a little different given his wars with Pacquiao and the rough end of the decision he's gotten a few times. Marquez has a few little blips like the losses on his record but undeniably an incredible boxer. I'd have him inside a top 30 for certain.

Probably the best opponents list in recent times is Oscar. People can think what they want about him losing to his biggest challangers but the man fought some amount of great fighters

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:14 pm

Alright, Jabby and Truss. Play nice lads. Debate each other aggressively by all means but try to leave out the blatant insults. Some good debate here, let's keep it that way.

Ta.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:16 pm

Didn't start it....But I'll give Jabby a kissywissy but no tongues..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:16 pm

Its impossible to debate with the fat-man when he acts like a woman, dragging up the irrelevant past.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 17 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't start it....But I'll give Jabby a kissywissy but no tongues..

Go get a job instead of posting all day on a boxing forum. Thats not something I'd usually say, but your post count and the things you say suggest you live off your wife.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next