The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez!

5 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez! Empty The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:27 pm

The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez! 1372627

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2014/11/the-big-v2wrestling-interview-hernandez.html

Welcome to a very special edition of the V2 Wrestling Podcast where Gavin and Chris get the wonderful opportunity to interview current Lucha Underground and former TNA star Shawn "Hernandez".

Hernandez has had vast experience in wrestling and, as regular listeners will know, may very well be Gavin's favourite performer to grace a TNA ring. From his LAX days through to a tag team that never took a name with Chavo Guerrero, we talk about the pitfalls and the highlights of working in TNA.

This includes his views on the booking, the "politicking", the inherent racism he faced, the use of him and his peers, as well as his experience of the glass ceiling that TNA never seemed willing to let him smash through.

We also get the chance to talk about new promotion Lucha Underground which takes wrestling and adds a modern spin, shining a light on the reality TV aspects of wrestling and how the show within a show will work.

Shawn also speaks about the portrayal of Mexican wrestling in the American mainstream, with Lucha Underground looking like being the fresh promotion that can tap the market both TNA and WWE have been desperate to hit for years. With the men at the helm who understand the latino audience and a company that will truly highlight luchadores; this new promotion has high hopes, which Hernandez echoes.

We would like to thank Shawn for a wonderful and inciteful interview. Follow the man himself on twitter: @SuperMexCTMand keep an eye out for Lucha Underground, a product that already has the thumbs up from our very own Mr Cynical Gavin Duenas!

If you want to get in touch with us, please email us at wrestling@v2journal.com or contact us through twitter (@v2wrestlingshow)or facebook (Click here) and please make sure to submit any questions you would like us to discuss!

To listen to the show scroll below or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2wrestling, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-11-06T15_25_01-08_00

Interview with Gail Kim
Interview with Bram

Interview with Doug Williams

Interview with Rob Terry

Interview with Chris Daniels 
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez! Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez!

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:13 am

Listened to the interview this morning (thanks Gav and Chris for stitching me up!).

That was most probably the most insightful interview that any former WWE/TNA wrestler has done with us. Brilliant stuff.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez! Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Team Interview Lucha Underground and former TNA star Hernandez!

Post by Prometheus Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:52 am

Disappointing start to have man flu mocked by a man who'd only wrestled with a broken neck for 4 months laughing

But really great interview.

On a related note, I watched the first episode of Lucha Underground. It didn't quite deliver what 'd hoped for but it was better than I'd expected it to be.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am

I'd like to clarify that I have never given Lucha Underground my famously elusive stamp of approval!

I think it's got huge potential and i hope it is a success, but there have also been drawbacks with what I have seen so far.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Fantastic interview, have to say Gavin comes across really well.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:23 pm

Hero wrote:Fantastic interview, have to say Gavin comes across really well.
It was areal shame that Chris didn't get to ask Gavin more questions.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Got to love Hernandez! From his twitter;

Just finished a interview with @Gavinduenas & V2wrestling crew! Adam couldn't get a note from his mommy to join us thou!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Hero wrote:Fantastic interview, have to say Gavin comes across really well.

I'm gonna hide all your WD40

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down