The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

+37
banbrotam
CAS
lydian
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
HM Murdock
greengoblin
dummy_half
slashermcguirk
Chazfazzer
DirectView2
lags72
Johnyjeep
MrInvisible
bogbrush
coolpixel
Haddie-nuff
Silver
Calder106
Danny_1982
Mad for Chelsea
It Must Be Love
hawkeye
summerblues
CaledonianCraig
Born Slippy
FedsFan
kingraf
The Special Juan
socal1976
laverfan
erictheblueuk
temporary21
Jahu
LuvSports!
sirfredperry
41 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread - Page 13 Empty World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 11:48 am

First topic message reminder :

So the ATPs premier showpiece event hits the O2 on Sunday. The sixth showing at the O2 and yielded only 3 different winners. Very interesting this year. 3 virgin qualifiers in Cillic, Raonic and Nishikori. Can we see a new winner? Can Nishikori and Raonic win the biggest title of their careers to date? Federer will have an eye on the DC like his compatriot Wawrinka, though he is woefully out of form of late. Has Murray much left in the tank to win his first title here at the O2? Can Berdych do a Davydenko and strike out of nowhere? Will it be a routine Djokovic victory?

For me the 2 that qualify from each group will be:

Group A

1) Djokovic
2) Raonic

Group B

1) Murray
2) Federer

Djokovic/Murray final

Winner: Djokovic

Back to top Go down

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm

Thats it, good break.

Keep your serve now.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:27 pm

Serve is back!

3:0 up, go Fed go.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:29 pm

Fed stop it!
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:30 pm

Bagel approaching...
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:32 pm

Come on Andy, give us a match for ffs.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

I think now people will understand why I posted the epitaph thread a few weeks ago. These crunch matches this year Andy has capitulated like I've never seen him capitulate before - very worrying. Sure Roger is playing well but Jeez Andy is in a mess right now.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

Well this is going well...

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:35 pm

Wow, turned the TV on and it hadn't started, so went away just to write down my list of things to do in town tomorrow, came back thinking it might be 1-0 or 1-1, and the match is half done! No real surprise that Federer takes to the front, he has always been better than the surface, and his form this year and in this tournament has just been better.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

Fed give him a stick, dont bagel him, dont be nasty.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

Rafa V Andy RG Semi - Capitulation with Andy's heaviest slam match defeat ever.

Dimi V Andy Wimbledon Semi - Meek surrender.

Roger V Andy WTF crunch match - Basically thus far a massacre.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I think now people will understand why I posted the epitaph thread a few weeks ago. These crunch matches this year Andy has capitulated like I've never seen him capitulate before - very worrying. Sure Roger is playing well but Jeez Andy is in a mess right now.

CC I couldn't agree with you more.. whatever it is he cannot seem to shake it off. He seems to have no self belief whatsoever.. he is playing like a talented qualifier that finds himself facing Fed across the net.. and is scared !!
Come on Andy give it some wellie

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

Bizarre game from Federer, a couple of drops off the serve which I can only assume was a focus on saving energy at this stage in the set. Despite throwing those 2 points away as a gift, still wins the game!

Tried to help Murray save face there!

Any question of an injury?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

Holy scotch, this ain't good.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

You see we are getting extremes this year - heaviest slam match defeat of his career and now his first bagelled set V Federer as well. Master class or not from Federer it emphasises how far Andy has fallen sadly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:40 pm

Jose giving some good advice to Andy there.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:40 pm

Absolutely horrible from Murray (and somewhere I stated he could beat Federer in two, Doh on me).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

A shadow of his former self... Everything is a few percent worse than it was. I don't know where he goes from here.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I think now people will understand why I posted the epitaph thread a few weeks ago. These crunch matches this year Andy has capitulated like I've never seen him capitulate before - very worrying. Sure Roger is playing well but Jeez Andy is in a mess right now.

CC I couldn't agree with you more.. whatever it is he cannot seem to shake it off. He seems to have no self belief whatsoever.. he is playing like a talented qualifier that finds himself facing Fed across the net.. and is scared !!
Come on Andy give it some wellie

I hope I am wrong but that epitaph thread may prove to be the most inciteful insightful and accurate I have posted on here.

Last edited by laverfan on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited LF.)
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

This is not a crunch match though, I am not having that, it was always a challenge to win in straights, it's not a slam, and in any case his form vs Djokovic's suggests Murray was only playing for 200 ranking points anyway. This was always a fairly minor match.

Anyway, now it's a dead rubber. Federer has won the group and Nishikori is second.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:You see we are getting extremes this year - heaviest slam match defeat of his career and now his first bagelled set V Federer as well. Master class or not from Federer it emphasises how far Andy has fallen sadly.

But his final in Valencia ? he was so fired up. Yes playing Robredo but then Tommy was playing out of his skin in that match he gave nothing to Andy whatsoever... Andy had to fight.. he now seems to have lost the will to do so

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm

CC, please relax, next year will be much better Wink
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm

Jahu wrote:CC, please relax, next year will be much better Wink

Don't get me wrong I am relaxed (may not sound it from my posts) as he already has two slams now and an Olympic Gold in his career but it is very worrying to see what direction Andy's career is heading.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:You see we are getting extremes this year - heaviest slam match defeat of his career and now his first bagelled set V Federer as well. Master class or not from Federer it emphasises how far Andy has fallen sadly.

But his final in Valencia ? he was so fired up. Yes playing Robredo but then Tommy was playing out of his skin in that match he gave nothing to Andy whatsoever... Andy had to fight.. he now seems to have lost the will to do so

It is the inconsistency though and the fragility against the best players. Robredo is not one of the best (very good) but not amongst the very best.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

CC dont give up on him.. something is troubling him Im sure. Who knows
What is going on in his personal life...could be something that is affecting him mentally ???

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

Andy had a great run with some good matches e.g. againnst Robredo but I don't recall too many wins against other big players this year.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:47 pm

I have to say Andy this is plain sh!t. Pure and utter sh!t.

I think he needs another back op. Maybe this time he will gain a backbone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:47 pm

CC, exectly, and more will come.

Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:CC dont give up on him.. something is troubling him Im sure. Who knows
What is going on in his personal life...could be something that is affecting him mentally ???

No it isn't about giving up on him but more a stark realisation that he seems to be in an irreversible downward spiral in his career.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:49 pm

This is awkward viewing. It's like watching Federer play some 500 ranked young player that's been given a wildcard. Federer has not even bothered to switch into top gear.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:49 pm

LK, dont get all medical now boxing
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

Andy insists he is now pain free, so the drop-off must be largely a mental rather than physical issue.

The good news in this, Murray fans, is that he'll probably snap himself out of it at some point. I'd be surprised if this remains his normal level.

Is Mauresmo there? That's a pairing that hasn't really got off the ground yet.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

I've always felt if Murray tried to play an attacking game with Federer on HC he would get embarrassed. No coach can teach him how to serve at this stage of his career, realistically.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

Fed should of played Djoko tonight, not Andy.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I have to say Andy this is plain sh!t. Pure and utter sh!t.

Agree on the first point but the second point is off the mark. He just looks like a punch drunk boxer who has taken too many blows to the head this year.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:52 pm

Josiah, where you been hiding? zen
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:52 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I have to say Andy this is plain sh!t. Pure and utter sh!t.

Agree on the first point but the second point is off the mark. He just looks like a punch drunk boxer who has taken too many blows to the head this year.

CC I have rarely been angry with a Murray performance, but this outstinks the lot of them.

A punch drunk would put up a much better fight on a late Saturday night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:53 pm

Fed, giving him a game you git. Come on.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

Back on the head to head, which was referenced on another thread, you wouldn't believe it from watching today, but the last time Federer was ahead in the head to head was after he lead 1-0 after winning in Bangkok, in 2005. Since then Murray has always been level or ahead.

I have to say, I couldn't have been more wrong, when I thought after the Australian Open 2013, that Murray was now on top on the rivlary, almost irrespective of surface. His Olympics win has been comprehensive, and he was much the better player at AO'13, even though it went to 5 sets.

Since then 2 wins for Federer, probably about to be 3. If Federer wins this set, that will be 5 in a row against Murray without even the need for a tiebreak.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

CC I have rarely been angry with a Murray performance, but this outstinks the lot of them.

Believe me I share your bemusement but I don't think this is anything to do with lack of a backbone but more of confidence completely shot on the big occasions.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:56 pm

Jahu wrote:Josiah, where you been hiding? zen
Nursing a broken arm Sorry Jahu

Last edited by Josiah Maiestas on Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:56 pm

Best angles on the week.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:

Believe me I share your bemusement but I don't think this is anything to do with lack of a backbone but more of confidence completely shot on the big occasions.

I don't buy the mental side of it. You don't win titles being mentally shot.

It's like watching a truffle shuffle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

Jahu wrote:Fed should of played Djoko tonight, not Andy.

With big apologies for Murray fans but the truth is the way Djokovic is playing Federer will need to play a little better than this.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:58 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Jahu wrote:Josiah, where you been hiding? zen
Nursing a broken arm Sorry Jahu

Oh man, sorry to hear that, hope all good and get better soon.

Will send you some grapes with DHL Hug
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

The crowd are not exactly getting behind Murray are they. For sure he will get a big cheer is he wins a game but they are not exactly trying to motivate.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

2 more games for a Double Juicy Bagel, now i'm hungry cake
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

Henman Bill wrote:

With big apologies for Murray fans but the truth is the way Djokovic is playing Federer will need to play a little better than this.

HB, since when this is a truth forum? Dont ruin the party Laugh

P.S: agree Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm

I once played a Japanese guy. it was a close set with a lot of deuces but he went into a 5-0 lead before eventually winning 6-2. I did wonder if he had given me a couple of games there. It will be interesting to watch Federer on this next game. Do we think he will ruthlessly go for the double bagel or chuck it away?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm

Henman Bill wrote:The crowd are not exactly getting behind Murray are they. For sure he will get a big cheer is he wins a game but they are not exactly trying to motivate.

This is what happens when he gets Political a few months ago.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Thu 13 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm

Henman Bill wrote:

Federer has made no mistakes, he's been so good.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next