The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 Results

+3
Fernando
Hero
Afro
7 posters

Go down

Week 8 Results Empty Week 8 Results

Post by Afro Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Getafe 2-1 Basel
Mirallas, Son;
Meyer

Player for player the two sides were reasonably well matched, but Getafe won this tactically. Basel played a possession game and Getafe were happy to let them do this and used the pace and flair of Mirallas and Son to really good effect.
Improvement wise, Getafe need to improve their defence, especially at full back, which isn’t the same standard as the rest of the side. Basel, I’m still not sure Adebayor is the answer to any question, too unreliable. I would look to improve on Elneny and Poconogli

Getafe:

Basel:

Granada 0-1 Genk
Tadic

Very close to call, but in the end I felt that Treb’s second guessed the Granada strategy and nullified the wingers effectively and there wasn’t a plan B. Treb’s was matched up to in midfield and I feel he would have been better having De Rossi making his driving runs and Mavuba sitting deeper. Ibra was also well dealth with, but ultimately I felt that left Tadic and Chadli a bit more freedom, they were invited to come narrow like they wanted to and that was enough to sneak the win.

Improvements wise, Genk’s weakness is definitely at the back with all 5 not of the same quality as the 6 in front of them. Granada, I’m not keen on Alderweireld or Caceres, they are not as good as the rest, and also a plan B would probably have won the game as player for player, on paper, you were better.

Genk:

Granada:

Montpellier 2-1 Bremen
Kagawa, Sigurdsson;
Kiessling

I was really impressed by Miky’s efforts here and really wanted to give him something as it was tactically a vast improvement. But Marky also got it tactically spot too and his better quality players meant he deserved to win.
Improvements: Montpellier could do with a more dominating centre back as Kiessling had a bit of joy against Dominguez and Mirin. Montpellier, you can see the improvements happening, so just keep going. I would look at improving on your wingers, a better DM alongside Gundogan and a new RB

Montpellier:

Bremen:

Palermo 1-1 Bordeaux
Musa;
Sakho

What a tough one to call so I’ve gone for sitting on the fence. Two quality sides and two impressive sets of tactics, it would have been easy to justify a result either way, but in the end I couldn’t separate them.
Improvements – Both teams are strong throughout, so this is no weak areas, but the area that appears weakest. Palermo, a new LB and someone to play instead of Kouyate, allowing Kouyate more time to strut up and down the sidelines being weng. Bordeaux – maybe now at FB

Palermo:

Bordeaux:

Twente 3-4 Verona
Berahino, Alcacer x2;
Sterling x2, Zarate, Tello

I like it when a manager really goes for it and in this match, it was a real treat, with both managers going for it, with two strong sides. What won it in the end was that Twente lacked proper width. The Twente “wingers” were narrow and with the two DMs for Verona helping the CBs, they coped with this. And this gave a bit more freedom to Sterling and Tello (and Zarate when rotating), plus to Darmian to an extent, they were able to pick out Toni. Although this Twente defence is the strongest in the league, it was just too much

Improvements – Twente – as with the last match, it’s not picking poor players but those who look the weakest. For me Durm and Balde don’t look as good as the rest, whilst I worry about Alcacer and Berahino whether they will sustain current form or are just this years flavours. Verona – Bertrand Diame and Toni don’t feel as strong as the rest. I know two of these is forced through injuries so perhaps working on your squad players next

Twente:

Verona:
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Week 8 Results Empty Re: Week 8 Results

Post by Hero Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Was hoping you'd play a more conservative game with your injuries, good game though clap

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:26 pm

I am a drawing machine Week 8 Results 3559488474 3/4 in a row now angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Yours was the side I was most impressed by tbh Nando. I hadn't really noticed before, but you have built a good side and it is very well balanced. A lot of sides are strong at the back or strong going forward, but yours looks really nicely balanced.

Early bookies favourites for season 3 Whistle
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:30 pm

In early season injuries were destroying my side, Fairly happy now have strength in depth angel That being said considering getting a top forward/am angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Hero wrote:Was hoping you'd play a more conservative game with your injuries, good game though clap
Yup, thought **** it, I'm going for it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Can I claim mastery of mind game Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Without sounding arrogant, i believe i am arguably the best on here tactically. I've not built a good side at all this year though Sad

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Having gone through all the tactics for results, I would put you, Viva and Marky all on a par.

That is from a 1 week sample though.

The quality of tactics across the whole league is incredible, the strongest of any league I have been involved in. The difference between the best and worst is small.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Trebs wrote:Without sounding arrogant, i believe i am arguably the best on here tactically. I've not built a good side at all this year though Sad

Just wait until I play you. Oh.... Good game trebs.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:38 pm

I think I was just in too much of a hurry to get something in and didn't put my best into it like I do most weeks (provided I'm not playing injured players or anything picard ). I can't believe you're not keen on Alderweireld, he's part of a defence which has conceded the fewest PL goals this season Whistle
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:17 am

Marky writes great tactics but does need to put it across in easier to digest chunks, it's a ja606 set of tactics (well half the size of those tbh), jeez a player would switch off listening to what those guys write.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:39 am

Hero wrote:Marky writes great tactics but does need to put it across in easier to digest chunks, it's a ja606 set of tactics (well half the size of those tbh), jeez a player would switch off listening to what those guys write.
Yeah, I think that was my feedback last week I think. All the instructions were there, it was just pulling it all together
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:11 am

It's interesting to compare this week's tactics to the first week of this league, they've got so much longer.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:18 am

I'm kinda happy where it is. I certainly don't want to be reading 10 essays when my turn to vote comes but its reasonable atm
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:39 pm

It'll be counter productive to write tactics that are too long. The voter will lose interest and not really take in what you are trying to do.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:47 pm

The thing with tactics i find is that mine have got longer due to wanting to not get left behind when i see longer tactics from other people.

I don't mind how long they are i just feel like if i don't write the same length tactics i may miss out, even though if the instructions are there then it shouldn't matter.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Honestly Miky, a summarised tactics with a coherant plan beats a rambling jumble any day. Not that im accusing anyone of the latter
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 pm

I understand, i don't mind it when people type longer tactics than me though.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:08 pm

I have mine narrowed down but getting the point across. I find it easier split into Defense & Attacking tactics with a team talk angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down