The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ??

4 posters

Go down

Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ?? Empty Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm

Don't use spotters anymore as I do drop sets for Chest/Shoulders and use the smith for squats............Spotting is an art form in itself.........Just guiding the weight up so the trainer still does the work on that last cheat rep is so hard to do !!.......I think in my 20+ years of training I've only ever had one guy spot me properly and I'm the worst spotter in the Country as I'm always worried with heavy weight whether I can get it up If he crashes so I tend to yank more than guide....

Good spotters should be paid..............There are so few about..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ?? Empty Re: Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ??

Post by kingraf Mon 10 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

I'm a horrible spotter myself. Especially on the bench. Never really know what on earth I'm doing, and I probably lack the concentration span to spot for an entire gym session. absolutely horrendous on the squat as well, honestly, I'm a little afraid when people ask me to spot them on big weights with the squat. Just can't draw a mental image where it ends well.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ?? Empty Re: Good spotters are like Gold dust...Do you use them ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:22 pm

Me too ...........When someone is trying to press 350 or something and wants a spot..I'm thinking If he can't get it up what If I can't get it back on the hook........

No one can bend over row 350 +...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm

Seen a good video of Laurence Shahlaei spotting a bench press of 220kg (equipped), the guy failed and Loz just caught it in mid-air and re-racked it! He is one of the strongest men in the world though.

Last edited by incontinentia on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm

If I'm spotting you and you die out at 120kg... You just have to accept that your Chest is crushed
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:12 am

I train with a few of my mates so ive always used spotters however I had to teach the lads how to spot.

Too often they simply lifted the weight for me...totally defeats the point.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down