The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+35
Marky
psycho-gooner
President Trump
ncfc_Tooze
Gregers
Dr Shoe
owen10ozzy
kingraf
MetalMotty
dyrewolfe
DrDeath
adamk
Nay
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Prometheus
bretmeharty
The_Enigma
Hero
nadeem2099
NickisBHAFC
Brilliant_yep
Crimey
XR
Shot 21 LCFC
RinoGattuso
crippledtart
TwisT
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
talkingpoint
Jammy31
Enforcer
VDT
Adam D
39 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Ross has been signed for GWFs first show - New Japans Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Jan 4th.

That is all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Wed 13 May 2015, 5:03 pm

Samo wrote:Sanada has parted ways with TNA.

ANy news on MVPs status with WWE? Wink

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo Wed 13 May 2015, 7:48 pm

Adam D wrote:
Samo wrote:Sanada has parted ways with TNA.

ANy news on MVPs status with WWE? Wink

Not looking good mate, been on a bit of a downward slope recently, been teaming with Mark Henry by christ.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 3:49 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Best of the super juniors line up announced

Block A- El Barbaro Cavernario, Baretta (aka Trent), Chase Owens, Gedo, Jushin Lyger, Kyle O'Rielly, Ryusuke Taguci, Yohei Komatsu

Block B- Alex Shelly, Bobby Fish, Dave Finlay Jr, Kushida, Mascara Dorada, Nick Jackson,  Rocky Romero, Tiger Mask IV

Winner will challenge Kenny Omega for the IWGP Junior title at the stacked 5/7 Dominion show

Could live without Owens or Taguchi in the A block but everything else looks sensational

Caveranrio vs O'Rielly  News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 3559488474

Do you know how njpwworld is going to cover this?  There are 2 shows (I think) scheduled for 22 and 30 May.

Just as an update for P and anyone else who cares, all 8 BOTSJ shows from may will be available on world, either live (22/5 & 30/5) or within 24 hours (23, 25, 26, 27, 29 & 31)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 3:52 pm

Just did some digging, from what I gather all the shows in June will be available in some form as well, with the final 3 (including the finals) being live

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 May 2015, 3:54 pm

GWF full roster:

http://www.globalforcewrestling.com/roster/

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 4:01 pm

Adam D wrote:GWF full roster:

http://www.globalforcewrestling.com/roster/

Seems like a fun roster, Moose still strikes me as the guy with the most 'star' potential though

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 May 2015, 4:14 pm

It's an alright roster I guess, but it just screams mid-card.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 4:18 pm

Crimey wrote:It's an alright roster I guess, but it just screams mid-card.

I've heard a lot of this but just out of interest who would you have got instead?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 15 May 2015, 4:20 pm

My phone's not playing ball to view that page. Has Joe said where he's going yet.

This seems a big opportunity for Moose.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 15 May 2015, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the NJPW update House, I'd seen the news, but still well worth sharing. Dunno when I'll watch it tho Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 May 2015, 4:22 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Crimey wrote:It's an alright roster I guess, but it just screams mid-card.

I've heard a lot of this but just out of interest who would you have got instead?

I said this on the podcast, that GFW does need name value, it's a new promotion and without any kind of name value I think they might struggle to pull viewers in. I think Jarrett should have gone for Goldberg, even if you get him a short-term contract, I think that is a big name that people can get behind viewing. He's said he wants to wrestle again, not necessarily for WWE. I also think AJ Styles would have been a big coup.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 May 2015, 4:25 pm

I actually think the roster looks great. Genuinely impressed with it from whats out there.

Interesting that Tyrus is named as someone else - guessing he is done with TNA shortly

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 May 2015, 4:28 pm

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 Pictur11

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 4:30 pm

Is it fair to criticise a promotion for not signing Goldberg and Styles?

Tbh I kind of get your point that the roster lacks mega mainstream appeal but I think this is a lot stronger a start up roster than most promotions can dream of having, Jarrett has also worked to strengthen relationships with NJPW and AAA so we may see those guys pop in to supplement the core but I find there taking a lot of flack for an understrength roster with few realistic alternatives offered

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 15 May 2015, 4:35 pm

Thanks for posting that Adam. In fairness, Ezekiel Jackson, Alberto del Rio, Matt Cross and John Morrison were not names that would have got my blood pumping 6 months ago, and Lucha Underground is doing okay with those guys. It's not 100% down to the roster, the agents have to book to strengths and cover weaknesses too.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 4:51 pm

For the record the biggest missing name I can think of off the top of my head (taking into account the surprisingly complicated minefield that is the Indy contract scene) is Roddy Strong, though given how busy he is between ROH, Evolve, PWG and, by the looks of the way he is being pushed on the ROH v NJPW shows possibly a tour of New Japan in his future he may have been contacted and turned them down, that said I doubt he would have done much to change opinions of the roster as it stands

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 15 May 2015, 5:04 pm

How about Bully Ray or Tazz?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 May 2015, 5:09 pm

I do agree with you to a certain extent that there isn't the talent out there which I would be looking for. I think the problem is that Jarrett's hype for the roster for me hasn't been reflected in the roster he's actually revealed. It is filled with talent but nobody that makes me want to watch it at all. 

I think the problem for GFW and to an extent TNA right now is that with NXT, WWE can purchase the brightest and best indie talents and those companies look like they will struggle in the future to attract them. Even if nobody makes it to the main roster, NXT is enough main stream exposure for those talents to be booked worldwide for years. 

GFW and TNA now have to try and sell why being a mid-carder or even main eventer for them is better than the NXT deal. I'm not sure how many viewers NXT has but I imagine its comparable to TNA's viewership. GFW right now have an even more difficult job of selling the promotion to possible roster members.

It is unfair to compare GFW's roster to that of a hypothetical one which perhaps could only really exist if NXT doesn't exist. But I think it is fair to say that this roster simply isn't that appealing. There's nobody there that gets me wanting to watch it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 15 May 2015, 8:11 pm

Crimey wrote:I do agree with you to a certain extent that there isn't the talent out there which I would be looking for. I think the problem is that Jarrett's hype for the roster for me hasn't been reflected in the roster he's actually revealed. It is filled with talent but nobody that makes me want to watch it at all. 

I think the problem for GFW and to an extent TNA right now is that with NXT, WWE can purchase the brightest and best indie talents and those companies look like they will struggle in the future to attract them. Even if nobody makes it to the main roster, NXT is enough main stream exposure for those talents to be booked worldwide for years. 

GFW and TNA now have to try and sell why being a mid-carder or even main eventer for them is better than the NXT deal. I'm not sure how many viewers NXT has but I imagine its comparable to TNA's viewership. GFW right now have an even more difficult job of selling the promotion to possible roster members.

It is unfair to compare GFW's roster to that of a hypothetical one which perhaps could only really exist if NXT doesn't exist. But I think it is fair to say that this roster simply isn't that appealing. There's nobody there that gets me wanting to watch it.

Can't agree at all about your assessment of the roster, it's not new Japan or wwe stacked but it's a nice little roster, fun being the word I used to describe it

Of the 25 acts announced I've seen 19 of them enough to have a formed opinion, only Cliff Compton would I say is actively the bad, the rest range from decent to very good with Everett, The Bucks, K.E.S (Smith & Archer), Masters and The Best Friends (Trent and Taylor) being acts that I very much look forward to whenever they perform

Also with Jarrett, Anderson, Gallows and The Bucks, GFW can promote 5 members of the bullet club among their ranks, something outside of ROH no one else can do, personally I think the group jumped the shark 2 years ago but they are a draw amongst a certain section of the wrestling fandom that should not be underestimated (plus those t-shirts are £££ for all involved)

So yeh I find this an appealing roster (then agato I watch so much wrestling I don't know what that says) its not something Jarrett is going to conquer the world with, but it's a more than solid core to build on for a group that hasn't even run a show yet, I think I could be thoughrly entertained by a card these 25 acts could put together and you never know if he could persuade NJPW or AAA to part with some of the big hitters we could be in for some very exciting cards

As for the thing about promotion living up to the roster reveal, no it probably didn't live up to the hype (though I still am not sure what people were realistically expecting) but we're here talking about what is essentially a mid-high level Indy that hasn't even run a show so I suppose it's done the job in that respect

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 May 2015, 12:03 am

I just think it's not offering us anything we haven't seen before and it's certainly not better than what its competitors are offering. I think NXT, TNA, Ring of Honour, Lucha Underground and NJPW all have rosters that are going to draw more people in. That's my problem with it, it's just so ordinary and boring. It's giving us dull combinations.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 May 2015, 12:05 am

NXT Unstoppable spoilers:

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 16 May 2015, 7:48 pm

NXT:

GFW:
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 16 May 2015, 9:05 pm

Rumors suggesting that Destination America with ditch TNA in September due to a clause in contract.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 17 May 2015, 7:54 am

Fernando wrote:Rumors suggesting that Destination America with ditch TNA in September due to a clause in contract.

I don't think anyone would be too surprised. I'd have expected some upswing in viewers from the Billy Corgan press and live show publicity, the numbers went down.

Sadly this does not seem like a great time for wrestling on TV. WWE's share price crashed last year when their new TV deal was much less than expected. LU continues to go mostly unwatched.

The bright light, a 2nd series of AXS TV's archive NJPW match series. But of course, this is really cheap.

I just wonder if this background will make it harder for GFW to find a TV home.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 17 May 2015, 11:42 am

Apparently GFW are in talks with Spike,Fox Sports,WGN & CMT

Doesn't seem to be a lack of interest...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 17 May 2015, 12:16 pm

Fernando wrote:Apparently GFW are in talks with Spike,Fox Sports,WGN & CMT

Doesn't seem to be a lack of interest...

Depends what talks means... I also just start to wonder if we might be going back to a model more akin to the old days of wrestling on TV when the wrestling shows practically paid to be on TV as an advert for their live shows. I've said it before and I'll say it again, TNA running a PPV would get my back up if I were Destination America, falling viewing figures, below projected ad revenue and the paid TV product is building to a PPV I'm not making money from.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 17 May 2015, 2:19 pm

I actually think wrestling as a whole is doing better than the past 5 years. TNA managed to get a new deal (for now), Lucha Underground, NJPW could have a financially viable PPV in the US, ROH have got a TV deal I believe and now GFW will likely end up being on TV as well. 

Compared to a few years ago where there was WWE on TV and TNA with falling ratings, this is an improvement.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 17 May 2015, 8:52 pm

I'm not going to argue that this is an improvement for the wrestling fan, in fact I've said that 2015 should be the best year for fans for many years, but I don't agree with your assessment of the TV deals in the US.

WWE TV deal very far below what WWE were saying they would get; TNA dumped by Spike and taken on by a channel that isn't so available and allegedly in trouble already there; LU has really low viewing figures and real questions asked about whether season 2 will happen; there's been similar questions about RoH's future and NJPWorld numbers are also fairly negligible outside the US.

So, I'm not saying that GFW doesn't have a chance, but if someone asked me to sell a wrestling show to a TV company I'd not be welcoming that challenge.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 17 May 2015, 10:50 pm

Prometheus wrote:I'm not going to argue that this is an improvement for the wrestling fan, in fact I've said that 2015 should be the best year for fans for many years, but I don't agree with your assessment of the TV deals in the US.

WWE TV deal very far below what WWE were saying they would get; TNA dumped by Spike and taken on by a channel that isn't so available and allegedly in trouble already there; LU has really low viewing figures and real questions asked about whether season 2 will happen; there's been similar questions about RoH's future and NJPWorld numbers are also fairly negligible outside the US.  

So, I'm not saying that GFW doesn't have a chance, but if someone asked me to sell a wrestling show to a TV company I'd not be welcoming that challenge.

I'm not talking viewing figures or size of the TV deal, simply that there is a lot more wrestling on TV than there has been for a while. The fact that TV companies do still view it as a viable opportunity is a good sign even if they can't attract the same amount of viewers or the same size TV deal as WWE or TNA could in the past. What they offer TV companies is regular viewers, which is something they all crave, any kind of loyalty is a valuable commodity.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 May 2015, 1:00 pm

Not really news but a great photo!

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 Original

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 18 May 2015, 1:07 pm

Adam D wrote:Not really news but a great photo!

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 6 Original

They really need to stop Frak about and give New Day a third title belt.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 May 2015, 1:35 pm

Kofi, Xavier and Big E love milk

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 18 May 2015, 4:41 pm

Stone Cold will interview Heyman on WWE Network, June 1 after Raw.

Is it reasonable to assume that most people were like me and didn't watch the Jericho interview of Stephanie, so WWE have realised that SCSA is an obviously much greater draw.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 May 2015, 4:45 pm

I don't think that was the case. There wasn't a falling out, I think they are just wary of over exposure of it, and Stone Cold had things like the Dixie interview lined up that he was obviously not going to do on the Network. I wouldn't be surprised if they mix and match between the two for a while.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 18 May 2015, 7:33 pm

The cast of Entourage the movie are scheduled to appear on Raw next Monday. Fortunately/Unfortunately Jeremy 'Summerfest' Piven won't be joining the main four cast members.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 May 2015, 7:43 pm

Reported that The Undertaker will be the next guest on the SCSA Podcast

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 18 May 2015, 9:43 pm

Each month immediately following Monday Night Raw, which airs on USA Network, the WWE Hall of Famer will sit down with the biggest names in WWE including Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, Sting and other celebrities from the world of sports and entertainment for an exclusive interview on WWE Network.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 18 May 2015, 11:03 pm

This probably does merit it's own thread, but I thought I'd put it in here anyway. An old face from the old 606 page has resurfaced.

http://www.sbnation.com/users/BrimstoneEmpire?_ga=1.206690259.1391580965.1429858891

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 18 May 2015, 11:24 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:This probably does merit it's own thread, but I thought I'd put it in here anyway. An old face from the old 606 page has resurfaced.

http://www.sbnation.com/users/BrimstoneEmpire?_ga=1.206690259.1391580965.1429858891

Appeared on Seasame Street eh

Well he's certainly a muppet

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 4:01 pm

Moose has re-signed with RoH.

As far as I understood it, RoH talent working for GFW would not be working televised shows. So, unless Moose has negotiated to work on screen for both promotions I think this is a significant loss to GFW's plans for TV, because he is an upcoming star they could have pushed and built something round.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 4:04 pm

Scott Steiner has also signed with Global Force Wrestling I believe.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 19 May 2015, 4:07 pm

Crimey wrote:Scott Steiner has also signed with Global Force Wrestling I believe.

I make it a 141.66% chance of him being a failure there.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 4:08 pm

Crimey wrote:Scott Steiner has also signed with Global Force Wrestling I believe.

As an in-ring talent? I ask because I'd seen mention of Scott Hall as a special guest for some of their shows. And given his recent appearance, I wondered if they'd found another Scott, though in fairness it could be straight out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 4:10 pm

Best Promo ever!

You know, they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another wrestler, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin’.But I’m a genetic freak, and I’m not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin’ me! And then you add Kurt Angle to the mix? Your chances of winnin’ drasticy go down. See the three-way, at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of wiinnin’. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause Kurt Angle KNOWS he can’t beat me, and he’s not even gonna try!So, Samoa Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin’ at Sacrifice! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winnin’, if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 ch… percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at Sacrifice! See, McJoe; the numbers don’t like, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 4:11 pm

I actually want to watch that match now!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 4:14 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 May 2015, 6:58 pm

Hacksaw Jim Duggan has been added to the roster as well.

Obviously JJ heard my calls for more recognisable names...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 19 May 2015, 7:05 pm

I would honestly pay money not to see Hacksaw Jim Duggan, but then I'm not an American who will cheer to see a crazy old bloke wave a flag around.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 20 May 2015, 12:38 am

Main event for ROH Best in the World announced

Champion vs Champion

World Champion Jay Briscoe (2x World Champion due to injury forced vacation but unpinned in 2+ years) vs TV Champion Jay Lethal (has held the belt for close to 450 days by the time the show rolls around)

Safe to say this match has consequences

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 20 May 2015, 3:42 pm

This is definitely a news item that doesn't merit it's own thread.

I'm going to this show on Monday, as a mate of mine has a spare ticket;

http://www.progresswrestling.com/event/chapter-19-super-strong-style-16-tournament-edition-2015-day-two/

A new experience for me, anyone who knows about these shows fancy telling me what I can expect?

Chapter 19: Super Strong Style 16 – Tournament Edition 2015 is our two day show over the May Bank Holiday weekend. DAY TWO takes place on BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY MAY 25th and will feature the final rounds of our 16 man tournament and lots more (please note also that this is a longer show with two intervals and an earlier start time).

In the tournament we have RODERICK STRONG, WILL OSPREAY, ZACK GIBSON, MARTY SCURLL, TOMMASSO CIAMPA, DAVE MASTIFF, EDDIE DENNIS, JACK GALLAGHER, TOMMY END, EL LIGERO, RAMPAGE BROWN, DAMO O’CONNOR, BIG DADDY WALTER, NOAM DAR, MARK HASKINS and ZACK SABRE JR! Who will still be competing for the prize of being number one contender on day two? Don’t worry if one of your favourites loses out on Night One, EVERYONE in the tournament will return in some way for Night Two!

Plus we have a huge no disqualification match between ENDVR Standouts POLLYANNA and JINNY!

THIS SHOW IS NOW SOLD OUT

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next