The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+35
Marky
psycho-gooner
President Trump
ncfc_Tooze
Gregers
Dr Shoe
owen10ozzy
kingraf
MetalMotty
dyrewolfe
DrDeath
adamk
Nay
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Prometheus
bretmeharty
The_Enigma
Hero
nadeem2099
NickisBHAFC
Brilliant_yep
Crimey
XR
Shot 21 LCFC
RinoGattuso
crippledtart
TwisT
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
talkingpoint
Jammy31
Enforcer
VDT
Adam D
39 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 15 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Ross has been signed for GWFs first show - New Japans Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Jan 4th.

That is all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 15 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Sat 12 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm

No one going to mention that destination America is advertising new episodes of impact in October?

#inmeltzerwetrust

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 15 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Samo Sat 12 Sep 2015, 6:32 pm

Adam D wrote:No one going to mention that destination America is advertising new episodes of impact in October?

#inmeltzerwetrust

This is the NEWS items thread. Only NEWS may apply.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sat 12 Sep 2015, 9:13 pm

Please don't think of this as trolling Adam, but is it a good thing?

I'll tell you why I ask. I've heard LU execs saying they could do a season 2 now, but it would be much reduced. And that is what TNA looks like, the roster is so far down, I just can't believe filming all those matches in such a short time produces good work (thought I've not watched recently), the way stories are shot and told goes down.

I'm really torn on whether I want LU to continue regardless, or if I'm happier to remember it as a better product and just to pull the plug. What I'm thinking in this is that if a show does go forwards with much more limited funds, then I don't expect it to suddenly get popular and have huge funds again in a year or so.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 12 Sep 2015, 9:18 pm

Who knows what the truth is/ was but irrespective, the rumours have hurt Tna beyond repair. If I was Dixie, I would take a hiatus until the UK tour and relaunch on a new channel of possible. 

The demise of Tna has made me lose interest in all wrestling.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 12 Sep 2015, 9:22 pm

I believe it's just 1 episode in October. Been pulled from international channels that DA own.

Im surprised that your interest is gone, You can watch decent wrestling now and be happy Whistle I watched TNA's world cup the other week 3 hours long - 35 minutes of it was team picking Laugh I gave up at that point it may have gone longer.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Sep 2015, 9:48 pm

Adam D wrote:Who knows what the truth is/ was but irrespective, the rumours have hurt Tna beyond repair. If I was Dixie, I would take a hiatus until the UK tour and relaunch on a new channel of possible. 

Which is ironic, as the life of TNA made Gavin lose all interest in wrestling.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:39 am

Prometheus wrote:Please don't think of this as trolling Adam, but is it a good thing?

I'll tell you why I ask.  I've heard LU execs saying they could do a season 2 now, but it would be much reduced.  And that is what TNA looks like, the roster is so far down, I just can't believe filming all those matches in such a short time produces good work (thought I've not watched recently), the way stories are shot and told goes down.

I'm really torn on whether I want LU to continue regardless, or if I'm happier to remember it as a better product and just to pull the plug.  What I'm thinking in this is that if a show does go forwards with much more limited funds, then I don't expect it to suddenly get popular and have huge funds again in a year or so.

I have to agree with Prometheus. TNA's roster is paper thin. There's literally not another tag team for the Wolves to feud with. They're the only team in the division! They've had to compete against GFW guys just to have someone to defend their titles against. I know TNA have had to cut costs, but if it comes at the expense of having a functional roster then it's not worth it. I mean earlier this year they had the Rising, the BDC and the Revolution all of which could have been kept to provide tag team matches for the Wolves, but for some inexplicable reason the Rising were forced to disband. And we all know what happened with the BDC and the Revolution. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! I know it's easy to sit behind a keyboard and think you could do it better, but surely Gaburick could see how booking all his factions into the ground would be a bad thing down the road? That's what I don't get about TNA, how they can make so many bad decisions, one after the other and not seem to learn by any of them?

I don't blame guys like Storm, Magnus and Joe for leaving the company. They'd given the best years of their career to TNA and I am grateful to them as a TNA fan for the great matches they've had and given us. They deserve to work for a company that knows what it's doing and works more professionally. I am fast growing more disillusioned with TNA as the weeks go by. If the BFG and Hardcore Halloween tours do well and lead to more house shows into 2016 then I might just begin to hope again that TNA are actually going to invest in their brand.

As for DA and whether they can get a new TV deal, who would take them? In their current state they're not an attractive prospect. Let's face it, they've lost their biggest names - Angle isn't resigning and Team 3D is back in the WWE as is Sting. Jeff Hardy is about their biggest marquee name now. I can't see a bigger station than DA picking them up so it's going to be very hard to recreate the kind of TV ratings they enjoyed at Spike. I think the best they can hope for is DA to keep them and somehow regain DA's trust.

If TNA survive into 2016 they should seriously try and tour outside the States - Canada is a massive wrestling country and TNA began a new Canadian TV deal this year. They should try to film as much Impact tapings abroad as possible. India is another possibility. They need to draw and rely upon their international fan base if they're going to ever thrive again. I know that costs a lot of money, but I can't see any other way of growing other than touring and playing in front of as many paying fans as possible.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 13 Sep 2015, 12:11 pm

Adam D wrote:Who knows what the truth is/ was but irrespective, the rumours have hurt Tna beyond repair. If I was Dixie, I would take a hiatus until the UK tour and relaunch on a new channel of possible. 

Why not try a decent Indy to throw your fanatical support at, ICW is in your city and there on demand service is about £3 a month

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 13 Sep 2015, 3:13 pm

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/backstage-update-tnas-future-on-destination-america/

So apparently TNA are trying to negotiate recording a new batch of TV tapings in India during November, which are primarily for international use but potentially might be used in America too if DA want them.

Not sure what this means for TNA? I think recording overseas is a good idea, but in my mind it needs to be done to expand the product and strengthen their fan base, not as a desperation measure because they've exhausted their options in America.

And how will TNA try to spin this? How do you put a positive spin on something that is clearly a sign of hard times for TNA? Fans are bound to see through this and also the total lack of news coming out of TNA surely will have a negative effect on their UK tour sales? Traditionally the UK has been their strongest market, but will UK fans remain loyal when they don't know if they can continue investing in a company that may not be on US TV after October 7?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 13 Sep 2015, 3:19 pm

talkingpoint wrote:http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/backstage-update-tnas-future-on-destination-america/

So apparently TNA are trying to negotiate recording a new batch of TV tapings in India during November, which are primarily for international use but potentially might be used in America too if DA want them.

Not sure what this means for TNA? I think recording overseas is a good idea, but in my mind it needs to be done to expand the product and strengthen their fan base, not as a desperation measure because they've exhausted their options in America.

And how will TNA try to spin this? How do you put a positive spin on something that is clearly a sign of hard times for TNA? Fans are bound to see through this and also the total lack of news coming out of TNA surely will have a negative effect on their UK tour sales? Traditionally the UK has been their strongest market, but will UK fans remain loyal when they don't know if they can continue investing in a company that may not be on US TV after October 7?

I feel thats a little bit making any news bad news. When the ideal isnt available, you cant immediately decide against something. The options you seem to give there are:

record overseas, but thats desperate.
Dont record at all?

I know which choice id take

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 13 Sep 2015, 3:40 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

Why not try a decent Indy to throw your fanatical support at, ICW is in your city and there on demand service is about £3 a month

ICDUB! ICDUB! ICDUB!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:51 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/backstage-update-tnas-future-on-destination-america/

I feel thats a little bit making any news bad news. When the ideal isnt available, you cant immediately decide against something. The options you seem to give there are:

record overseas, but thats desperate.
Dont record at all?

I know which choice id take

Recording in America for an American promotion shouldn't be an ideal, it should be an expectation. Maybe I am being too critical, but can you blame me? TNA aren't even a year into their new TV deal and DA are already on the verge of using their non-renew clause in their contract to cancel impact.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:20 am

Aye, but I'm merely giving them a little credit. They have to try things to survive, and fight on many fronts rather than focus solely on what could be a failing American TV market.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:43 am

Agree with Dolph. Better to try something different rather than throw in the towel.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 14 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

Of course, I don't want TNA to throw in the towel either - I've never wanted to see them go. I am still a TNA fan. I just don't want to see them stumble from one disaster to another. Maybe good will come of this, we'll just have to wait and see...

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

Frankly I think its going to take nothing short of a miracle to save TNA.

As with an ailing business or sports team, any potential investors are going to want to see sound, workable plans (or at least get TNA to take things on board) that will allow it to continue as a viable business and not something that is going to have to be subsidised.

Of course they are in something of a Catch 22 situation, now that things have spiralled so far down. In order to attract (paying) punters, you need the roster and creative team to put good shows together. TNA currently have neither at the moment and need investment to correct that.

From what I've read in previous posts, if Gaburick really is at the heart of the business decisions, any recovery plan ought to include him being given the boot, with orders not to let the door hit his ass on the way out.

For what its worth, I think TNA can still be saved, but only if they can find someone with a clear vision of what the company should be (to make it a distinctive brand) and is willing to make some major changes behind the scenes. At the moment I get the impression they are being run like your average government department, muddling through from one crisis to the next.

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:41 pm

If you put out the perception that you are smaller than a new wrestling organisation with no TV deal by giving their GM air time to advertise his organisation, getting into a feud with them and releasing a lot of your talent to join them, its hard to come out with anything other than the perception that TNA is a very small, possibly dead federation.

I'm not a TNA fan (which doesn't mean I'm anti-TNA, I just don't watch it). But I don't see anything right now to differentiate TNA from WXW, or RevPro, or anyone who has a weekly YouTube show.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

So you think TNA is already beyond saving?

Have to say I agree that things have gone so far downhill, its hard to see a way back. Still keeping my fingers crossed for some light at the end of the tunnel.

If you think GFW's presence in their TV shows is bad, you should check out GFW's website...

http://globalforcewrestling.com/

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 14 Sep 2015, 2:04 pm

We have to define "saving" I guess. And I think we have to define it as "TNA will get a significant TV deal once the DA contract finishes".

For example, I can imagine a scenario where DA has 2 years of obligations to international TV deals and runs some kind of shows where they can tape for these. But, as I've said, show me the difference between that and one of the Indies.

I can see where TNA could get a TV deal where they give their show away, or are on a channel even smaller than DA. But I can't count that either.

Other people might define that as saved. But I think at worst for me, saved means at worst they are back in a roster and TV position that they were in at the start of the DA deal. And at best is nearer the Spike time.

I don't see how you save a product that has little roster left, its finances are gone, the management is out of ideas, and its fans are leaving.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm

I've been thinking about this (and feet) quite a lot recently.

Lets just say that TNA manage to get on WGN America for March 2016 (or whenever their season premier starts)., what is going on now and for the last 12 months is irrelevant to the wrestling audience.

Apparently WGN have a coverage of 80% of US households.

Now the reason why this is important is that if you think about Sting, he apparently has been in the rafters for the last 10 years. Basically, the WWE universe (which is surely the fans that WGN would be wanting to attract) don't know the dire straits that TNA is in. Using old footage for backstory doesnt show the problems to new fans. All it does is show footage of stars that have been around for the last 5 years.

So if they could get on WGN, even if they offered the program at a reduced rate or different structure (say 50% of the money they are on now + 10% of any advertising revenue during the show), then suddenly, this year becomes irrelevant.

If the rumours are that DA is paying TNA $3m per year then with the money that Panda has, would giving this money up for the last hail mary be that much?

Thanks for listening,

The Shoe.

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

Dr Shoe wrote:
So if they could get on WGN, even if they offered the program at a reduced rate or different structure (say 50% of the money they are on now + 10% of any advertising revenue during the show), then suddenly, this year becomes irrelevant.

If the rumours are that DA is paying TNA $3m per year then with the money that Panda has, would giving this money up for the last hail mary be that much?

Just to put that money into context. Rumours were that Lucha Underground production cost around 200K per show. And that WWE is similar (on a per hour basis, so Raw would be around 600-700K). Now, both those shows have the highest production values. So you could run more streamlined. But I'd imagine 3M would be the absolute minimum (assuming Panda don't put money in) as that is 60K per show. Cut that in 50% and I just can't believe you'd have much of a show at all.

If we say there are around 20 minutes of advertising in an Impact show. You'd need to be selling ads for around 15K a minute to get back to your $3M.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:47 pm

TNA Hall of Shame Next person to be inducted.:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm

Fernando wrote:
TNA Hall of Shame Next person to be inducted.:

Why not?

Did you see the way he laid out Sonjay Dutt on the ramp in the last show? T'was a punch worthy of any X Division wrestler. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:07 am

Prometheus wrote:If you put out the perception that you are smaller than a new wrestling organisation with no TV deal by giving their GM air time to advertise his organisation, getting into a feud with them and releasing a lot of your talent to join them, its hard to come out with anything other than the perception that TNA is a very small, possibly dead federation.

I'm not a TNA fan (which doesn't mean I'm anti-TNA, I just don't watch it).  But I don't see anything right now to differentiate TNA from WXW, or RevPro, or anyone who has a weekly YouTube show.

The thing that gets me is that despite not having a TV deal yet, GFW's roster is already more impressive than TNA's! That wasn't the case 6 months ago, but just going by the current state of the TNA roster, you can't help but conclude that actually GFW look the better promotion. That and as you said allowing Jeff to shamelessly plug GFW at every chance he gets, does nothing for your own brand. picard

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:14 am

GFW announced a deal with a TV distributor in UK for their international TV deals. I think most people had expected an actual TV deal to be signed last week, so this is a step forwards, but doesn't have them on a TV screen in Europe yet.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:17 am

Things are moving up for GFW as they announced yesterday a new international TV deal!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2015/09/11/how-akshay-kumar-became-one-of-the-worlds-highest-paid-actors/

GFW press release:

http://globalforcewrestling.com/press-release-global-force-wrestling-partners-with-boulder-creek-international-to-distribute-tv/

Not sure what kind of distribution they'll get yet, but this is a start. Also with GFW being dedicated to showcasing wrestling styles from around the world, as well as being a "global" brand there's nothing to say they need to have an American TV deal in place first.

What the effect will be for TNA though, I will wait with baited breath to see.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:44 am

Be interesting to see how the viewing figures compare and what effect (if any) it has on TNA's audience.

I'm also wondering where they are going with this GFW takeover of TNA storyline.

With GFW getting the man advantage for Lethal Lockdown, that would tend to point to TNA winning the Team TNA vs Team GFW battle, based on how these things are usually scripted.

So, if TNA does win at the PPV, does that mean they part company with GFW? If so that means they lose the interest generated by the inter-promotional rivalry and have only their own very limited roster and creative abilities to fall back on.

If, heaven forbid, GFW wins at LL...well that pretty much buries TNA in every possible way, doesn't it? Unless they have a plan for some kind of saviour to come in and restore House TNA.

Either way, its not looking too great right now.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:04 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Be interesting to see how the viewing figures compare and what effect (if any) it has on TNA's audience.

I'm also wondering where they are going with this GFW takeover of TNA storyline.

With GFW getting the man advantage for Lethal Lockdown, that would tend to point to TNA winning the Team TNA vs Team GFW battle, based on how these things are usually scripted.

So, if TNA does win at the PPV, does that mean they part company with GFW? If so that means they lose the interest generated by the inter-promotional rivalry and have only their own very limited roster and creative abilities to fall back on.

If, heaven forbid, GFW wins at LL...well that pretty much buries TNA in every possible way, doesn't it? Unless they have a plan for some kind of saviour to come in and restore House TNA.

Either way, its not looking too great right now.

The show has been taped so I could tell you if you want?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 15 Sep 2015, 12:09 pm

You can put it in a spoiler thread, if you want. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:15 pm

Future WWE Title Spoiler - Doesnt effect NOC:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 16 Sep 2015, 12:39 pm

Fernando wrote:

lol if true.

so bitter.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:37 pm

I think that Adam called this so long ago that I can't be bothered to dig that far back. But Jarrett no longer has shares in TNA as part of the deal that had him put in the HoF, promote GFW on TNA and recruit TNA talent.

So, that kind of rules out GFW taking over TNA (for now at least).
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:04 am

Did he exchange his shares for a Hall of Fame place?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm

If he has no shares in the company, how is he supposed to launch a hostile takeover?

Or are we not supposed to know that yet?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm

I can't work out which is of the least worth: Shares in TNA or a HOF place in TNA.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I can't work out which is of the least worth: Shares in TNA or a HOF place in TNA.

Sadly, if Devon's comments about the word "impact" bringing back nightmares on twitter is anything to go by then the TNA HOF.

Let's face it no-one is going to defect from the WWE and put their WWE title in the trash on impact wrestling. Guys like Sting and Team 3D are gracious when being inducted into the TNA HOF, but as soon as the WWE come calling any kind of loyalty goes out the window, and any sense of duty as ambassadors for TNA goes up in smoke. And I don't blame them. Personally, though Bully Ray is sorely missed in TNA, I'm happy to see the the Dudley Boyz back in the WWE. They deserve one last run at the top.

https://twitter.com/testifydevon

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 17 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

Fernando wrote:

Fantastic news.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Fernando wrote:

Fantastic news.

Very unlikely to be true (Reigns breaking it that is), I could see them having Rollins break it potentially tbh

Is it bitter that they want to have the record on someone who is on good terms with the company? Look at the youngests ever world champion, that was Lesnar then he fell out with the E in a big way and now its Orton

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm

Lesnar is still technically the youngest WWE Champion as Orton won the WHC, making him the youngest World Champion.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:01 pm

Very true Samo, I remember them making a huge deal of it when Orton won it though

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm

From Forbes:

Destination America has officially buried TNA Impact Wrestling six feet underground.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated’s Extra Mustard (h/t WrestleZone), TNA President Dixie Carter revealed that Impact Wrestling’s television deal with Destination America only lasts through December 2015:

The biggest challenge for us is building a brand in the U.S. That’s where we need to grow. We’re contracted to Destination America through the end of the year, and we are in discussions going on for 2016.”

Earlier this year, it was rumored that Impact Wrestling would stop airing on Destination America at the end of September, and the good news coming out of Carter’s interview is that Impact Wrestling will air at least until the end of 2015. The bad news, though, is that there’s no deal in place for TNA to air on Destination America in 2016, essentially meaning that Impact Wrestling has been cancelled by the network.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:07 pm

I wonder if Challenge would be interested in fully investing in TNA, it gets decent ratings over here and a proper UK based promotion could find a strong niche in the market right now

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:12 pm

Thats Poopie knews for alot of the talent. Guys like Hardy and Angle will be aswell retiring now, guys like ECIII and Galloway are in the middle of (re)building their careers and it was a way for guys like Grado to get noticed in the US.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:30 pm

There are whispers, and its whispers on the internet, that WWE may be still hold somewhat of an interest in Hardy. You'd think that the NXT schedule would really appeal to Hardy, that could be a perfect fit, especially as once they do Takeover: London I doubt they'll be back for at least a year. Start off there and see if he can show himself to be trusted, sounds a really good fit to me.

I'd go as far as to say he should be champion at NXT for a long time to put someone over.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:33 pm

Gregers wrote:I wonder if Challenge would be interested in fully investing in TNA, it gets decent ratings over here and a proper UK based promotion could find a strong niche in the market right now

If GFW have got a deal with BT (not sure theres been more than rumours on that) then Challenge would probably baulk at the thought.

Not sure they'd want to hire production teams and crews to film a continuous show over in the states either. Financials will be cutting and means they lose a lot of control. I don't think they produce anything that has nearly the budget per show that TNA has. And I really don't think they'd get the audiences live here.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:25 am

I think the WWE will go back to Jeff Hardy but I actually think it would be as a member of the Hardy Boys, his fanbase was huge and while a lot of people may have outgrown him I don't think you can overlook the nostalgia factor either, him and Matt still have one last big run left in them, I also think it would really help propel the Tag Division

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:03 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Gregers wrote:I wonder if Challenge would be interested in fully investing in TNA, it gets decent ratings over here and a proper UK based promotion could find a strong niche in the market right now

If GFW have got a deal with BT (not sure theres been more than rumours on that) then Challenge would probably baulk at the thought.

Not sure they'd want to hire production teams and crews to film a continuous show over in the states either. Financials will be cutting and means they lose a lot of control. I don't think they produce anything that has nearly the budget per show that TNA has. And I really don't think they'd get the audiences live here.

I'm sure that once I saw what I'd consider relatively good numbers for Impact on Challenge. The problem is that it is such a massive step up from paying out to have local rights to screen a show to effectively running a wrestling company, a move that even Turner Network Television found that to be a folly.

But. What might be interesting is to look at who owns Challenge TV. Sky.

On the one hand, I think it is a valid question to say, "why would Sky want to get more involved in wrestling when they have a great history with WWE and a contract that runs to 2019?".

And on the surface, I think it makes no sense. Unless Sky feel they got burnt by that TV deal. You look back at their press release and the first line is how they are now bringing all the big WWE events (i.e. PPVs by Box Office), which of course WWE Network has all but killed. So, maybe Sky would like another wrestling project. Again I'd not see them owning it, but if a canny promoter came up with a way to run it I can see them financially supporting it. Although, personally I think they'd be better off bringing the UK wrestlers from TNA home and using that ever-growing UK wrestling base to set up a show, with maybe some imports.

I think that Progress and ICW are both set up, doing their thing. What I'd look at is RevPro. They have a YouTube show, which they could easily move to Challenge and they also have links with New Japan and history of bringing in talent, as well as the ability to put on PPV quality shows.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:09 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There are whispers, and its whispers on the internet, that WWE may be still hold somewhat of an interest in Hardy. You'd think that the NXT schedule would really appeal to Hardy, that could be a perfect fit, especially as once they do Takeover: London I doubt they'll be back for at least a year. Start off there and see if he can show himself to be trusted, sounds a really good fit to me.

I'd go as far as to say he should be champion at NXT for a long time to put someone over.

Agreed. WWE know he's a guaranteed merch seller, when he returned last time I'm sure I read his merch level's were up there with cena's.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 18 Sep 2015, 2:41 pm

Well, they've brought quite a bit of former TNA talent back, so I don't see why not...especially with the Hardys being at least as big as the Dudleys / Team 3D.

Oh well. R.I.P TNA. rose
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 18 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm

JBL will be doing an interview with Eric Bischoff on the WWE Network after Raw on Monday. That could be interesting....Not as fun as the 3 at the table with The New Day though.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next