The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+35
Marky
psycho-gooner
President Trump
ncfc_Tooze
Gregers
Dr Shoe
owen10ozzy
kingraf
MetalMotty
dyrewolfe
DrDeath
adamk
Nay
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Prometheus
bretmeharty
The_Enigma
Hero
nadeem2099
NickisBHAFC
Brilliant_yep
Crimey
XR
Shot 21 LCFC
RinoGattuso
crippledtart
TwisT
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
talkingpoint
Jammy31
Enforcer
VDT
Adam D
39 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 18 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Ross has been signed for GWFs first show - New Japans Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Jan 4th.

That is all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 18 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:02 pm

Whether Taz believes it was a work or not is his prerogative but he sounds like an absolute mentalist here ...

I'm not sure who was in on it and who wasn't but I know this much: the ref probably wasn't in on it. Maybe he was I don't know."

Yeap so the only thing he is pretty certain of he is really just uncertain about it, a classic example of someone just opening their mouth because they loke the sound of their own voice, all style and very little substance

I heard this guys Pod is doing big numbers as well  picard

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 18 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Prometheus Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:06 pm

Just to bring this thread full circle. Jim Ross has not been signed for New Japan's Wrestle Kingdom 10 on Jan 4th.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

WWE have decided to hold a 5 vs 5 Survivor Series match - They haven't decided who's going to be in it yet....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:18 am

Fernando wrote:WWE have decided to hold a 5 vs 5 Survivor Series match - They haven't decided who's going to be in it yet....

Barrett, Neville, Usos, The Dudleys.... this stuff writes itself, doesn't it.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:25 am

They can't have New Day not on the card, depends if there's going to be some kind of Tag Title match.

I don't know why they haven't considered a tag team turmoil or multi team match in the circumstances, with The Uso's, Prime Time Players, Dudleyz, Lucha Dragons all potential challengers.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:33 am

Ziggler, Cesaro, New Day, The Uso's, The Dudleyz, Sheamus, Neville, the new Ziggler that's just came up from NXT (cant even be bothered to remember name) - edit Tyler Breeze, I thought I'd look it up, King Barrett (does he even use this gimmick? - if not i'd not use him)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:37 am

Smackdown:
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

Thats the problem with no real mid card feuds going on right now. The closest we really have is Cesaro vs Stardust which has only been teased a few times.

Apart from the tournament I dont have any real interest in Survivor Series. They should just drop it altogether now as Money in the Bank seems to have taken its place in the 'Big 4' as it always gets made out to be a big deal and has consistently been a better PPV overall.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 18 Nov 2015, 5:01 pm

Marky wrote:They can't have New Day not on the card, depends if there's going to be some kind of Tag Title match.

I don't know why they haven't considered a tag team turmoil or multi team match in the circumstances, with The Uso's, Prime Time Players, Dudleyz, Lucha Dragons all potential challengers.

You'd hope at TLC, they'll do a three-way TLC match with New Day, Dudleys and then Lucha Dragons/Usos. It is perfect timing.

I'm not sure how active Spike Dudley is, but you could have him come back, Xavier Woods for New Day and then somebody for the third time, El Torito or something. 

You've got Dudleys involved in TLC again, Kofi Kingston and the Usos/Lucha Dragons jumping around on ladders, it'd actually make sense that it was TLC. Have the Dudleys win, get the tag titles for a couple of months, lose them at Mania and sail off into the sunlight.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:32 pm

WWE sign La Sombra

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 19 Nov 2015, 3:34 pm

Fernando wrote:WWE sign La Sombra
I expect Rush to follow him, Los(t) Ingobernales.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

Eva Marie's got a title match on NXT next week. Based on recent crowd reactions putting the title on her would be suicide.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:15 pm

I watched NXT earlier, I have no real idea who she is, I've read a bit about her but apart from one episode of Total Diva's I can't recall ever seeingbher before, the Heat she was getting was insane though, why is she so hated?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:17 pm

Because she's total garbage. The embodiment of everything that was wrong with womens wrestling over the last 10 years. Literally the worst I have ever seen in a WWE ring.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:45 pm

Samo wrote:Because she's total garbage.  The embodiment of everything that was wrong with womens wrestling over the last 10 years.  Literally the worst I have ever seen in a WWE ring.

But she never tried to pin anyone the wrong way up... Cough Cameron Cough

Eva is terrible but at least she's trying to get better, the likes of Rosa Mendes never attempted that

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:54 pm

Camerons botch was inexcusable, but Eva Marie has had her fair share of inexcusable moments aswell, like forgetting to kick out of a pin a while back.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:06 pm

Very much my feeling on her. She's trying to get better, and is now being punished by the NXT crowd for being good looking.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 19 Nov 2015, 5:58 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Very much my feeling on her. She's trying to get better, and is now being punished by the NXT crowd for being good looking.

The NXT crowd annoy me with Eva, even though they are privalage to see the cream of Indy talent, they are at the heart watching the developmental show

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 Nov 2015, 6:13 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Very much my feeling on her. She's trying to get better, and is now being punished by the NXT crowd for being good looking.

The NXT crowd annoy me with Eva, even though they are privalage to see the cream of Indy talent, they are at the heart watching the developmental show
I think thats the problem, its past being a development show a long time ago, you have so much World Class talent on board now it just doesn't register, you have fans who go there now who are watching Baloŕ, Joe, Storm, they then see Bayley etc... you're going from top quality experienced Seasoned pros who are so skilled and know exactly what works, then you are throwing in someone like Eva, now I know nothing about her but if shes as crap as some suggest then for me its unrealistic for fans to appreciate when they'd be hoping they might see one of the many go to players already on the card, for me it wont be long now until NXT need a development brand.

I do agree with Dolph though that shes getting extra punishment for being hot - If she's trying to get better then you'd like to think fans could appreciate that, thats possibly where a lower scale development brand underneath NXT might have to come in

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 19 Nov 2015, 6:44 pm

I agree shes hot as hell, Im a sucker for a red head, but she is so impressively bad it hurts. Not only does she look and move clunky, she cant cut a promo to save herself and she's a liability. After legit knocking out Carmella and seeing her hit a Sliced Bread No. 2 makes me fear for her opponent, She'll break someones neck one day.

You can tell me she's improved and while thats true, the amount is minimal and she was that Poopie to begin with it doesnt say much.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:04 pm

I think they are already making moves for NXT to have its own developmental, and not just at the Performance Center.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:07 pm

People get legit knocked out in Wrestling quite often, its a dangerous sport, while I'm not defending anyone who is down right dangerous but there is a difference between having no regard for your opponent and just mis-judging a move, particularly if your green.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:13 pm

Austin Aries spotted at NXT taping (source: Marky. Don't let him say he saw it elsewhere, he broke this news)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:20 pm

He'd be a decent signing, I think with Sami Zayn likely to move up and Finn Balor following not too long after NXT is looking less and less exciting, talent-wise. Austin Aries would be a great addition and maybe give him a new drive. I think Samoa Joe and James Storm signing and seemingly enjoying their time is making more of the middle-sized stars think about moving there. I think previously it may have been seen as a big step down, but now it's actually quite an exciting place to work. The only thing you'd hope is that WWE remember they still need to supplement NXT with younger stars, Aries is 37, I doubt he'll enter the main roster, but it's important he's used well in NXT to develop those that will.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:25 pm

James Storm & Gunner are there too.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:35 pm

Aries is the perfect ex-TNA man. Team him with Joe and make an amazing new tag team. Team with Storm and Gunner and a trio to take on the Wyatts, New Day, a reformed Shield.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 19 Nov 2015, 7:36 pm

I don't think they should move Finn up, I think they should continue building this brand around him. Keep these 35 year old guys in NXT drawing live crowds and developing talent like Crews who should be pushed up to WWE around Mania time.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 Nov 2015, 8:07 pm

I don't see the problem with them being 35, a host of guys were 35 before they even won the World Title in the WWF/E...I think if you kill that possibility of moving up stone dead then NXT becomes instantly less attractive, if you are a very good talent and you're associated with the WWE you'll have ambition to work WrestleMania, NXT is the step before the main roster, if they start hiring guys specifically to stay at that level I think talent will begin to eventually swerve it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 19 Nov 2015, 8:16 pm

They can't move everyone up. Much better to develop talent and move the younger guys up. Plus how many of those 35 year old guys have bodies that break down on full WWE tours?

I think Finn will move, coz that's the deal he came in on.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 19 Nov 2015, 9:04 pm

I think Finn should be up before Mania for something big or after for something big. I think they should look to propel him into main events early and see if they can build on him as the new star.

I also think Joe and Aries are two that could work main roster and add interest to the US title before maybe rocking up in the occasional main event.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Nov 2015, 9:09 pm

Finn will certainly move up and get a decent push when he does as it's clear Trips has him as his pet pupil.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 19 Nov 2015, 9:13 pm

Has Balor done enough to earn a main event spot, based on his NXT work?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 19 Nov 2015, 9:13 pm

I think if they bring Balor up the really need to push the Demon hard. Push the point home that he doesnt like having to be the demon because everytime he taps into that dark force it consumes a bit of his soul.

Yeah its a bit hokey but it would limit Demon appearances and keep them a big deal instead of him dressing up for TakeOvers.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 20 Nov 2015, 8:48 am

For those following House's excellent WWC, I think there is an interesting NXT story coming through.

Taking a quick look through the voting there are (I think) 18 NXT entrants. And, only 3 got through (Finn, Bayley & The Vaudevillains). And I know that is only a straw poll, but there is a bit of a story there that those NXT stars, right now at least, aren't super over with voters here. For the record, these missed out: Rhyno, Corbin, Crowe, The Ascension, Gabe & Jordan, Apollo Crews, Samoa Joe, Tommaso Ciampa, Hideo Itami, Enzo & Cass, Blake & Murphy & James Storm.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:41 am

A few months down the line then Gable & Jordan would get through as would Apollo Crews, Itami without injury would also be a contender.

Timing is very key on voting I'd say. Noticed my fave Ambrose wasn't being as well received as I hoped yet if he has a good showing this weekend at Survivor Series then it may well help him in the later rounds.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:50 am

Hero wrote:A few months down the line then Gable & Jordan would get through as would Apollo Crews, Itami without injury would also be a contender.

Timing is very key on voting I'd say. Noticed my fave Ambrose wasn't being as well received as I hoped yet if he has a good showing this weekend at Survivor Series then it may well help him in the later rounds.

I agree Hero, which is why I think the timing of this is absolutely perfect to sum up NXT right now.

You roll back 6 months and Sasha, Zayn, Breeze would also all (probably) have got through as NXT people (and maybe one or two others I can't think of). You roll forward 6 months and I think we can expect those to come through (though NXT may lose Finn, Itami and Crews). I think it is just that where it is (or has been for the last couple of months), is between these two positions of having a roster of over wrestlers.

Certainly, my viewing pattern was that this time last year NXT was appointment TV. And now I tend to catch up with it. But I do think this is a slump they are seeing their way out of. Still, there's a lot of talk that they have been quite aggressively chasing some ROH and LU talent, so more signings would seem to be on the cards.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 20 Nov 2015, 9:52 am

After the initial "Chasing who?", this is quite a cool thing, IMO:

TNA’s eagerly anticipated MAXIMUM IMPACT 8 Tour of the UK just got even better – with the addition of one of Britain’s most exciting rock bands, Chasing Cadence.

The alternative rock quintet from Hertfordshire, England – who have been profiled by the BBC, Daily Mirror, Kerrang TechRadar and many of the UK’s top music blogs and websites – will play an acoustic set for fans before TNA’s January 2016 UK Tour events in Manchester (Jan 29), London (Jan 30) and Birmingham (Jan 31).

Their addition adds to the fan friendly nature of the TNA UK Tour, making sure of a festival atmosphere around the arenas before the wrestling begins.

Tickets for the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT 8 Tour are on sale now, from just £17.50 (£20 for London), plus venue fees, via www.gigsandtours.com and www.ticketmaster.co.uk.

Chasing Cadence will become the FIRST band to ever play at a TNA event in the UK and it will also be the group’s FIRST ever time performing acoustically.

They will perform unplugged versions of hits including Young and Dear Life, which is the theme tune for hit international wrestling television show TNA Xplosion. The band also promise some fun wrestling covers and even an appearance from a TNA Star.

The video for Dear Life can be seen here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9Tl-jNog8

Frontman Jack Harris said: “Growing up, I either wanted to be either a singer or a wrestler – and I speak for the whole band when I say these shows will combine both our boyhood dreams. We’ll be playing in the foyer area before each event, to greet fans coming in to the arenas and get them ready for what will be a truly memorable night of wrestling action.

“Rock music and wrestling are a perfect combination – and we hope to see all our current fans at the shows, as well as winning over some new ones.”

All three events on the annual TNA UK Tour will be double TV tapings, watched by millions of fans in more than 120 countries around the world, including on Challenge TV in the UK.

The roster for the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT 8 Tour includes Olympic Gold Medallist Kurt Angle, Lashley, Matt Hardy, EC3, Eric Young, The Wolves, Tigre Uno and Gail Kim – as well as British favourites Drew Galloway, Grado, Rockstar Spud, Bram and Mandrews.*

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:02 am

Oh lord.  Oh lord.  Oh lord.  

What a terrible idea.  Either half the music fans walk out on the wrestling or vice versa.  Ticket sales must be through the floor.

EDIT. I've actually read it properly now. The band is playing in the foyer! They don't even get in the arena.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:55 am

She's being punished by the fans because she's so so bad that she shouldn't even be on NXT, yet she's being pushed to the stars and is getting a title shot soon even though every other NXT Diva is far superior to her. At least spend some time in the Performance Centre to the point where she can put on a competent match before putting her on TV.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:25 pm

Disagree. It's developmental. I don't like NXT fans a lot of the time and this sums them up for me. If they don't fit the fans ideas of what they watch then they s*** on them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:36 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Disagree. It's developmental. I don't like NXT fans a lot of the time and this sums them up for me. If they don't fit the fans ideas of what they watch then they s*** on them.

Or are they? HHH has said that NXT is not developmental any more. They are bringing in these top indie wrestlers and selling out venues that probably only 3 or 4 wrestling organizations could hope to hire. So, I kind of understand why fans expect a top quality product and am not surprised that NXT's schizophrenic image of being a performance centre and being a touring brand that has a TV show and big monthly events occasionally catches up with them. But overall, I think they do a good job.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Hero wrote:A few months down the line then Gable & Jordan would get through as would Apollo Crews, Itami without injury would also be a contender.

I agree Hero, which is why I think the timing of this is absolutely perfect to sum up NXT right now.

You roll back 6 months and Sasha, Zayn, Breeze would also all (probably) have got through as NXT people (and maybe one or two others I can't think of).  You roll forward 6 months and I think we can expect those to come through (though NXT may lose Finn, Itami and Crews).  I think it is just that where it is (or has been for the last couple of months), is between these two positions of having a roster of over wrestlers.  

Certainly, my viewing pattern was that this time last year NXT was appointment TV.  And now I tend to catch up with it.  But I do think this is a slump they are seeing their way out of.  Still, there's a lot of talk that they have been quite aggressively chasing some ROH and LU talent, so more signings would seem to be on the cards.
That's surely just natural transition though isn't it, 6 months ago they had talent like Neville, Owens, Zyan, Tyler Breeze, Itami, Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Becki Lynch, who you'd expect to move up to the main roster, as most have...therefore I say it's unrealistic to expect those who have been given an opportunity to take their spot to just come in and pick up where the old talent left off, the new talent have to be afforded time to be given the opportunity to at least try and reach the levels of their predecessors.

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:35 pm

Reports that Zack Sabre Jr has had his last NOAH match.

Which I'd expect means a move to New Japan, but could mean that NXT is calling. I'm expecting / hoping for the former.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 Nov 2015, 3:32 pm

Brazzers @Brazzers
.@natalieevamarie when this whole wrestling thing blows up in your face, give us a call

Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm

Mick Foley

Those @WWENXT fans at @FullSail who THINK the show is about THEM, disrespect the the wrestlers - and make the show far less fun to watch.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:06 pm

https://vid.me/JTj3

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:08 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Mick Foley

Those @WWENXT fans at @FullSail who THINK the show is about THEM, disrespect the the wrestlers - and make the show far less fun to watch.

Totally agree, I'm not a huge fan of NXT and the fans are a big part of that. The're distracting and arrogant.

Coincidentally, the Manchester Raw crowd when I was there did a Mexican wave (itself quite disrespectful) and then proceeded to chant, unironically, 'we are awesome'. Not only is that the worst and most annoying chant in wrestling, yes even worse than 'What?!', it was totally undeserved.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

I thought the Manchester crowd were quite poor throughout. Thats the problem though, once crowd bases get seen to be good (England, NXT) there seems to then be an arrogance about it. Happens with night after Mania too. The return argument being that WWE should be giving them a show too good to see this nonsense commence.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I thought the Manchester crowd were quite poor throughout. Thats the problem though, once crowd bases get seen to be good (England, NXT) there seems to then be an arrogance about it. Happens with night after Mania too. The return argument being that WWE should be giving them a show too good to see this nonsense commence.

To be fair, the crowd was really heavily edited. When I watched, there were quite a few things that were muted or replaced with the hairdryer.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:50 pm

If anything that proved Owens should just be given the ball and left to run with it.

I agree for the record. At the end of the day if you're a Full Sail regular then I can understand being upset at missing out, but if you truly love NXT then you should have been ecstatic they sold out a 13 thousand seater arena. Suppose thats the problem with having a dedicated base of operations. Same with the Impact Zone.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next