The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly?

+3
Rodney
BoxingFan88
wheelchair1991
7 posters

Go down

James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly? Empty James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly?

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 12:18 am

Andre Dirrell is fighting Derek Edwards on Dec 19th on a Adonis Stevenson undercard. So what you may ask? Well its been granted as an Ibf eliminator bout. Whoever wins gets ranked number 2 with them behind Degale. If Froch vacates IBF President Tucker has said the winner of Dirrell/Edwards will more then likely face Degale for the vacant strap
Thoughts?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly? Empty Re: James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly?

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:16 pm

If Dirrell has not slipped too much, then he should beat DeGale

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly? Empty Re: James Degale v Andre Dirrell possibly?

Post by Rodney Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:18 pm

Won't be counting down the days to watch that one.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:22 pm

Rodney wrote:Won't be counting down the days to watch that one.

Cheers, Rodders
I will.....just to make sure I'm out when it's on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

Surprised he can count at all if from Thirsk

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:41 pm

He can count...just as long as they're sheep. STEFFAN is also very numerate

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 13 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm

He counts using his fingers and thumbs, so up to 12.

Thirsk's not that far from me, so I should be defending rodders not joining in. I'm just too stupid to appreciate that I was also being insulted.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:21 am

Dirrell beats DeGale by a wide UD. Leagues apart in terms of talent.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 15 Nov 2014, 12:08 am

Not sure how people can be so quick to say Dirrell beats Degale so easy when he has not exactly excelled against the world champs he has faced, all be it looked very competitive. Also we do not know how well Degale fairs against world level opponents yet.

Dirrell was fighting for his life against Abraham and was saved by the disqualification, Gave Froch a good fight but was running and holding all night which is why he lost... and I am not sure who else he has beaten that makes him so much better than Degale.

That being said I do think Dirrell has the style to nullify Degales Strengths, but I will need to see how Degale does in his next fight to get a better idea..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 15 Nov 2014, 10:48 am

I know your chunky's biggest fan tunes, but I think that's actually a fair assessment. To me, andre dirrell has all the talent in the world... And the one guy out there who might nullify andre ward. It's all 'ifs and maybe's' with him though. He's shown little sign that he has what it takes between the ears to be a champion.

You would probably fear for him more against a front foot pressure fighter say, than a degale, but no reason why degale should be written off.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down