The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers

+2
TRUSSMAN66
adamk
6 posters

Go down

Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers Empty Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers

Post by adamk Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:19 am

Hi all

recently I asked you all for your questions to put to Lucas and this afternoon her replied with the answers.  Big thanks to Lucas for doing the Q&A as I know he has been busy training and fighting for his last fight.

1 Who were your inspirations growing up and what made you become a boxer?

I was always drawn to violence and always enjoyed getting into fights and bashing bullies, and without a doubt mike tyson was my inspiration...

2 You're a big hitter; how far, realistically, you think your power can take you?

It will only take me so far, but in saying that, it's the ultimate equalizer, not to mention I have a great chin, am tough as hell, and am only getting fitter and better.

3 Punch 4 punch how do you rate your power in relation to other big hitters such as Foreman, Butterbean, Lewis, Tommy Morrison, Tua etc?

Mine is a different sort of punch... It's a thud, it's not your typical punch and I credit to my years playing baseball and also my king fu. I'm probably the most powerful in regards to punching power but it's in a deferent way to the norm

4 You seem a nice guy, almost too nice to be involved in violence, have you always been that way or have you mellowed with age?

I've always been a very good boy, but with a bad temper, and as long as you didn't do the wrong thing by me and p**s me off, I was sweet.

5 Would you be interested in an International Heavyweight Prizefighter competition, if they were to do one? How would the format suit your style?

Yes I would personally, but my promoters have their plan and I have to stick with that and trust in their judgment

6 If you were to fight Joseph Parker would you do it sooner rather than later?

I think it's too early for Parker to fight me, and he will need to bring something to the table for me to say yes aswell

7 What are boxing ambitions, and which of these will you achieve?

I want to go as far as I possibly can. I want to be remembered. And I want financial security. I personally think all are doable

8 Any plans to fight some of the English guys like Fury and Price?

Fury, chisora, haye, guys like this for sure, price I don't know, he's avoided me once already

9 You like ink, any story behind the tattoo's?

It's something I've always liked and I get them free so why not get more lol

10 Do you think you will get an opportunity to fight in the States against the likes of Stiverne and Wilder? How difficult would it be to make these fights?

My promoter is looking into that for 2015 and I think it's Definately something that will need to happen to get more worldwide exposure

11 Where do you see your career in 12mths time?

Top 3 in all the major belts, fighting for bigger money on bigger shows, and making a major statement to the world

12 Do you plan on building your fan base in the UK?

I think at this point my fans base is actually bigger in the uk than it is in oz...

13 Can you see yourself fighting Anthony Joshua anytime soon?

No not anytime soon... I think Eddie is bringing him along perfectly and he will be the future of the heavyweight division

14 Who was your inspiration growing up?

Mike tyson, michael Jordan

15 What are your plans once you have concluded you boxing career?

That all depends on the extent of the career to be honest. I would love to own my own house, buy a gym, and be able to be my own boss and live off the name I create...

16 How did the relationship with Ricky Hatton come about?

Through my manager, If I won the Aussie title I would get flown to the uk to fight and he would make the decision, I obviously did something right...

17 How much autonomy do you have over choosing your opponents?

None at all. I trust my promoter and team, it's their job...

18 I think there are some good fights for him out you - Fury, Price, Joshua, Chisora from these shores. Realistically is the plan to try and get fights with those kind of opponents or is at all about plotting the path of least resistance to a title shot?

I think it will be a mix of both, heading into the WBA and WBC directions, it will have to be a smart move but also a step up.

19 Any fights in particular you would be keen/not keen on?

Keen to fight Fury, chisora, chagaev, wilder, klitschko

20 Do you feel you would’ve beaten a Prime James Toney if you were the same natural weight?

Toney was the man. People say that when I fought him he wasn't the man he used to be, and that's spot on. But when I fought him, I wasn't the fighter I am going to be either...

21 Who do you think is more dangerous Deontay Wilder or Anthony Joshua?  

Wilder is a hype job through and through. He can hit, and he can talk s**t, but if he gets hit he's going down and I'd love to do it...

22 What would be the outcome of David Price vs DerekChisora/Tyson Fury? Would you beat all 3?

Yes I would beat all 3. I think fury is the best of the bunch

adamk

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers Empty Re: Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:33 am

I can see Tyson's ego bouncing already............That's If he can work a computer.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers Empty Re: Q&A with Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne - The Answers

Post by adamk Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:49 am

I think he has a lot of respect for his fellow boxers (except Wilder).

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:24 am

Good mixture of ambition and realism. Good luck to him.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 am

Yeah seems a decent guy who's not full of himself

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:54 am

Good to see he knows his limitations and that he has to get the most out of what plus points he does have.

Cheers for this Adam!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:09 am

Big Daddy Browne v Fury would be a barnstormer

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:11 am

Who do you see winning?

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 am

Fury probably. But he could find himself on the floor or knocked out easily enough.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:18 am

I go the opposite and say Browne as I think he hits harder than anything fury has faced

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 am

JEEZ, who managed to slip in Butterbean on the list of all time great hitters?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:28 pm

3fingers wrote:You're a big hitter; how far, realistically, you think your power can take you?

Punch 4 punch how do you rate your power in relation to other big hitters such as Foreman, Butterbean, Lewis, Tommy Morrison, Tua etc?

You seem a nice guy, almost too nice to be involved in violence, have you always been that way or have you mellowed with age?

Would you be interested in an International Heavyweight Prizefighter competition, if they were to do one? How would theformat suit your style?

If you were to fight Joseph Parker would you do it sooner rather than later?

What are boxing ambitions, and which of these will you acheive?

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:23 am

laughing cheers mate.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down