The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Boxing Anime

4 posters

Go down

Great Boxing Anime Empty Great Boxing Anime

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:10 am

I just wanted to say that anime is NOT a cartoon before I start this off.

There's an anime called "Fighting Spirit" which is all about boxing. If you like boxing and all the technical aspects of it I suggest you watch it. You might think it's for kids but it isn't. You won't regret it. Check it out on YouTube. It's very entertaining and I'm not even a huge boxing fan.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Great Boxing Anime Empty Re: Great Boxing Anime

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:15 am

Cheers

will check this out. Huge fan of anime since Akira and Legend of the Overfiend.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:29 am

cool mate. There might not be any episodes on youtube because of copyright so i suggest streaming it from other anime sites. Just google "Fighting Spirit Episode 1" and you should be set. Let me know what you think about it.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:34 am

Out of pure interest... what exactly is the difference between an anime and a cartoon? I could understand if people said anime were intelligent cartoons, or cartoons for a more mature age level, but for then to not be cartoons? What gives? Is there a technical reason for this? I'm genuinely intrigued. Anyway, I'll give it a watch when I get onto the office Wifi. Not really an anime man wince DragonBall was bastardized in fifty different ways. Liked Pokemon before Ash dropped Misty though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:58 am

Anime is made by Japan mostly. It's different to cartoons as they do tend to put a more emphasis on characters. For example South Park is a cartoon. Cartoon are generally made to make people laugh etc. Anime is much more serious toned and can include stuff like war and stuff like that. I suggest watching an anime called "Grave of the fireflies" to get a better understanding. It is only about 90mins long but you will see the differences between anime and cartoons. Also anime episodes cost way more to make than cartoons.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gc6TAY_YCA

Here is a working link if you want to watch it. Its in japanese but has english subs though. Check it out.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 am

So Beavis and Butthead is anime, I presume

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:So Beavis and Butthead is anime, I presume
"The Pipe of Doom" is a tremendous episode. Wit and pathos in equal measure...plus Pantera's "I'm Broken" is the final video of the episode.

"Manga" supposedly translates as "irresponsible art" and whilst there's some very clever stuff like the aforementioned "Grave of the Fireflies" and "Samurai Seven" there's also a lot of stuff that is basically explosions, monsters and t!ts (like "Legend of the Overfiend" which is for people who've never had sex with a girl like ONETWOFOREVERTRYINGTOGETLAID)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down