The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

+10
hogey
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
jimdig
oxring
88Chris05
Strongback
Coxy001
TopHat24/7
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback Empty Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:15 am

Short on the heal's of Hearn's PR disaster of a PPV card, Frank Warren put on a horrendous event this weekend - the fall-out from this generated a hell of a lot of bad press on Twitter (from boxing journalists, not just fans or random Twitter muppets).

Whilst the Main Event turned out to be almost as farcical as Eddie's, the card otherwise wasn't the problem, hence why expectations were high, however feedback from live attendees was shocking and has led to some boxing journalists from the States refusing to ever provide coverage, let alone travel to, a FWP/Queensbury event again.

A summary compiled by Next Big Fight [square brackets are my comments]:

1. No organised entry - Tweet from Rocky Fielding: "You could show security an empty packet of space raiders as a ticket and you'll get in!"

2. NO TOILETS [this one is truly shocking, a several thousand fan event and no loos] People urinating on walls, in bins, in sinks, on stairs.

3. Intimidation from certain 'entourages'/social groups [basically think of a steretype of a couple of the guys fighting, which I cannot state explicitly or Mods will remove this] including people being thrown out of the expensive floor seats and security refusing to intervene.

4. Security told customers they had no instructions and we told just to turn up.

5. Quote from customer: "I had 6 £100 floor seat tickets. After we came back from the bar our seats were taken. They told us they were gypsies and we shouldn't mess. Security refused to help. Ended up 10 rows back".

6. Another quote: "Cost me over half my ticket price to get home! How can a card run over 2 hours late when it started at 4pm?"

7. Another quote: "At 0025 the annuncer said over the tannoy, last train to London leaves in 5 minutes. You couldn't even leave the stadium in the much time let alone catch a train!"

8. Lots of fights in the crowd, one person left on the floor in a puddle of their own blood.

9. Media not given allocated seating. Their additional seating got sold off so numerous journos turned up with nowhere to sit.

10. A disabled gentleman [his tweet of his view went fairly viral] paid £200 for his ticket and saw NOTHING all fight because people stood up in front of him (i.e. no properly allocated disabled seating) and secutiry refused to help.

So, in summary, Frank Warren continues to screw fans as much as the fighters he doesn't pay and, frankly, some 'communities' do nothing to help their public image.

Hearn deservedly slated (by me also) for that awful PPV, but I tell you what, he can run an event at least! I was at Froch-GrovesII and, despite being an international grade event with 80,000 people in attendance, it finished in time for everyone to make tube/train connections and I was back in central London with a pint in my hand barely 30 mins after GG was taken back to his dressing room.

Anyone on here attend Bad Blood? Any V2 feedback??

Is UK boxing promoting become a race to the bottom.....? Thoughts, gentlemen, please.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback Empty Re: Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

Post by Coxy001 Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:40 am

Disgusting from FWP, nothing less than one has come to expect from such a moron of a bloke. Had a couple of friends go and not even watch the main event as they had to leave early (along with the other half of the crowd as well), said that the gypsies were a downright disgrace and dregs of society that showed them to be exactly what they are - vile scum.

Heard rumours that the BBBoC could well strip Frank Warren Frank of his promoters license.

Hopefully karma will be a bitch to his fans and that they get evicted from whatever part of land they're squatting on illegally on Christmas Eve!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback Empty Re: Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:44 am

Read a long thread on this on another forum and the consensus from people who were at the fight was it was football fan types who were causing the problems and not travellers.  It has been noted by quite a few attendees that alledgedly people were openly snorting illegal substances and a lot of people were very drunk probably drinking from early in the afternoon watching football.

Apparently their were few reports of fights inside the venue but after the event there were incidents on the concourse. One man was randomly hit on the back of the head by a couple of lads passing him by and fell face first unconscious to the ground in a pool of blood. An apparent eye witness said the act was carried out by football chavs. Unfortunately members of the crowd fighting at boxing events in Britain has become a constant occurance over the last couple of decades.

The reason Hearn's Wembley show finished early was because their was a strict curfew set by London transport.  If I'm not mistaken Bellew v Cleverly also ran late last week.

The parts about the security being clueless and there being too few toilets is being reported consistently.

Last edited by Strongback on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:45 am

Hang on a minute - no toilets? For the sake of sanity I'm just going to flat out refuse to believe this for the time being.

Everything else sounds about right though, unfortunately. Has Warren suddenly turned a bit thick in his dotage? Every single time he puts a show on it overruns badly and ends up finishing at least an hour and a half later than it should. People having to leave before the main event because they woulnd't be able to get home at a cost less than a king's ransom has been a common problem / complaint at his bills for a while, and yet nothing changes and it keeps happening.

They were on air at just gone seven and Chisora-Fury, from memory, didn't end until what, 1:15 am or something? That's a joke.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 am

Strongback wrote:Read a long thread on this on another forum and the consensus from people who were at the fight was it was football fan types who were causing the problems and not travellers.  It has been noted by quite a few attendees that alledgedly people were openly snorting illegal substances and a lot of people were very drunk probably drinking from early in the afternoon watching football.

Apparently their were few reports of fights inside the venue but after the event there were incidents on the concourse. One man was randomly hit on the back of the head by a couple of lads passing him by and fell face first unconscious to the ground in a pool of blood. An apparent eye witness said the act was carried out by football chavs. Unfortunately members of the crowd fighting at boxing events in Britain has become a constant occurance over the last couple of decades.

The reason Hearn's Wembley show finished early was because their was a strict curfew set by London transport.  If I'm not mistaken Bellew v Cleverly also ran late last week.

The parts about the security being clueless and their being too few toilets is being reported consistently.

Unrusprising bucket of excuses from Strongy there.

Feedback all over twitter was re the gypsies. Hearn's didn't finish 'early', it finished on time. And the point being Hearn ensured that the event finished in time for people to get home safe - whereas Frank couldn't give a monkey's.

Not sure your last sentence means consistently being reported of this event, or is a common factor at events. I would agree with the former but not the latter.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 am

88Chris05 wrote:Hang on a minute - no toilets? For the sake of sanity I'm just going to flat out refuse to believe this for the time being.

Yeh, was going to self-moderate that as the vernacular was poor. From what I could of see of Twitter, it was more that there were only one or two toilets (literally, 2 urinals 2 cubicles) for 11,000 people.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:58 am

What happened to the main event starting at 9.30 or 10.00pm?

Having people in an arena sitting drinking for 6 or 7 hours is a recipe for disaster. I can only think Warren and Hearn do it because they are making a killing at the bar.

I have read die hard darts fans say that darts events are now more about the drink and drugs with the darts being a side show at one end of the room.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:58 am

Mates who went Chris were in no doubt that the perpetrators (in their eyes) were Fury's "fans" causing most of the issues they saw. Said the atmosphere was one of the worst they'd witnessed and genuinely felt intimidated by the behaviour of certain members of the crowd.

Hearn's show did overrun yes, but not in the same league as Frank Warren Frank.

Regarding the toilets Chris... https://twitter.com/iamnotbond/status/538912797892288512/photo/1

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:Read a long thread on this on another forum and the consensus from people who were at the fight was it was football fan types who were causing the problems and not travellers.  It has been noted by quite a few attendees that alledgedly people were openly snorting illegal substances and a lot of people were very drunk probably drinking from early in the afternoon watching football.

The parts about the security being clueless and their being too few toilets is being reported consistently.

Feedback all over twitter was re the gypsies. Hearn's didn't finish 'early', it finished on time.  And the point being Hearn ensured that the event finished in time for people to get home safe - whereas Frank couldn't give a monkey's.

Not sure your last sentence means consistently being reported of this event, or is a common factor at events.  I would agree with the former but not the latter.

The local council and London transport dictated the curcew on the Wembley fight and Hearn had no choice but to finish up the event by 10.30 or 11.00 from memory. This was well reported as Warren wanted the event to finish at a later hour than he was allowed to.  

No promoter cares about the crowd getting home safely once they have your money.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 am

Strongback wrote:What happened to the main event starting at 9.30 or 10.00pm?  

Having people in an arena sitting drinking for 6 or 7 hours is a recipe for disaster.  I can only think Warren and Hearn do it because they are making a killing at the bar.

There were zero such issues at Froch-Groves II.

From memory the entire thing only lasted 6 hours total and most people only came for 4 max (because Hearn didn't put a huge tail undercard on).

Like I said, when it comes to slating his most recent 'PPV', I agree Hearn deserve all the stick he gets. But when it comes to putting on an event, he's an absolute saint compared to Frank.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Hang on a minute - no toilets? For the sake of sanity I'm just going to flat out refuse to believe this for the time being.

Yeh, was going to self-moderate that as the vernacular was poor.  From what I could of see of Twitter, it was more that there were only one or two toilets (literally, 2 urinals 2 cubicles) for 11,000 people.

Of course, in such a centre of sobriety, where the audience would be thrilled into merely observing the thrilling fistic shenanigans proceeding before them in silence, why would anyone need more urinals?  Shocked

Warren has and always will be a tool, who doesn't pay his fighters and gives sub-standard cards and limited exposure.  At least Hearn (and I expect some abuse from Strongy here) will pay you and find you some decent exposure at the same time.  

A rematch between a middle-of the-road ex LHW belt holder and an ex LHW challenger, at a weight higher than they have proven to be effective, with as much charm and charisma between them as a badly made blancmange was a PPV event.  That's seriously impressive.

Last edited by oxring on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:09 am

I got the impression sauders was the main ticket seller from Saturday night.

What can you do about a card running late though? This isn't a defensive question just to add some context. Should the running time reflect all fights to go the distance? Maybe it should, I might have answered my own question there, you'd go home happy at 10 if you Sen a load of ko's.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:11 am

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Feedback all over twitter was re the gypsies. Hearn's didn't finish 'early', it finished on time.  And the point being Hearn ensured that the event finished in time for people to get home safe - whereas Frank couldn't give a monkey's.

Not sure your last sentence means consistently being reported of this event, or is a common factor at events.  I would agree with the former but not the latter.

The local council and London transport dictated the curcew on the Wembley fight and Hearn had no choice but to finish up the event by 10.30 or 11.00 from memory. This was well reported as Warren wanted the event to finish at a later hour than he was allowed to.  

No promoter cares about the crowd getting home safely once they have your money.

It was TfL, and Hearn negotiated a better deal to allow the extra 15-20k seats to be released. Basically, again, your stretching again to slate Hearn when it should be Warren getting the flack. If Hearn cared as little as Warren, why didn't he just allow the event to over-run?? What was stopping him?? All those other factors you mention are ex-ante, therefore irrelevant to what actually happens on the night.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:12 am

Captain Kirk wrote:Mates who went Chris were in no doubt that the perpetrators (in their eyes) were Fury's "fans" causing most of the issues they saw. Said the atmosphere was one of the worst they'd witnessed and genuinely felt intimidated by the behaviour of certain members of the crowd.

Regarding the toilets Chris... https://twitter.com/iamnotbond/status/538912797892288512/photo/1

There are hardcore boxing fans on forums saying it wasn't traveller's causing the trouble.  I'd take their word for it ahead of some clueless trolls on Twitter with an agenda.

Knowledgeable boxing fan reports are it was the same type of football chav's that fought at Ricky Hatton fights long before the Fury's ever got in a professional ring and travellers had a presence at big fights.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:15 am

jimdig wrote:I got the impression sauders was the main ticket seller from Saturday night.

What can you do about a card running late though? This isn't a defensive question just to add some context. Should the running time reflect all fights to go the distance? Maybe it should, I might have answered my own question there, you'd go home happy at 10 if you Sen a load of ko's.

Manage it better?

Put on 6 fights rather than a dozen? That was if they all go the distance, rather than half as you might expect, the over-run will only be 30-40 minutes not a couple of hours.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:16 am

Strongback wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:Mates who went Chris were in no doubt that the perpetrators (in their eyes) were Fury's "fans" causing most of the issues they saw. Said the atmosphere was one of the worst they'd witnessed and genuinely felt intimidated by the behaviour of certain members of the crowd.

There are hardcore boxing fans on forums saying it wasn't traveller's causing the trouble.  I'd take their word for it ahead of some clueless trolls on Twitter with an agenda.

Knowledgeable boxing fan reports are it was the same type of football chav's that fought at Ricky Hatton fights long before the Fury's ever got in a professional ring and travellers had a presence at big fights.

Strongy's Irish, in case anyone wasn't sure....... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:17 am

"I'd take their word for it ahead of some clueless trolls on Twitter with an agenda"

I'm taking my friends word for it who were at the show.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 am

[quote="TopHat24/7"][quote="Strongback"][quote="Captain Kirk"]Mates who went Chris were in no doubt that the perpetrators (in their eyes) were Fury's "fans" causing most of the issues they saw. Said the atmosphere was one of the worst they'd witnessed and genuinely felt intimidated by the behaviour of certain members of the crowd.

Regarding the toilets Chris... https://twitter.com/iamnotbond/status/538912797892288512/photo/1[/quote]

Knowledgeable boxing fan reports are it was the same type of football chav's that fought at Ricky Hatton fights long before the Fury's ever got in a professional ring and travellers had a presence at big fights.[/quote]

Strongy's Irish, in case anyone wasn't sure....... Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Also a bit of a muppet it seems as well, prepared to believe "hardcore forum fans" but not people on Twitter. That and face to face conversations happened with people at the event etc that t'was Fury's "fans" causing most of the trouble.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:22 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

It was TfL, and Hearn negotiated a better deal to allow the extra 15-20k seats to be released.  Basically, again, your stretching again to slate Hearn when it should be Warren getting the flack.  If Hearn cared as little as Warren, why didn't he just allow the event to over-run?? What was stopping him?? All those other factors you mention are ex-ante, therefore irrelevant to what actually happens on the night.

I am sure the repercussions of an outdoor event running over would be fairly serious given Hearn would he getting his knuckles rapped by powerful organisations that including fines.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:23 am

Captain Kirk wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Also a bit of a muppet it seems as well, prepared to believe "hardcore forum fans" but not people on Twitter. That and face to face conversations happened with people at the event etc that t'was Fury's "fans" causing most of the trouble.

Basically Strongy has a vendetta against Hearn so will always try and ensure he's viewed as poorly as possible whilst Frank's indiscretions are brushed under the carpet.

And he's Irish so always quick to defend the actions of gypsie communities, most of whom claim Irish patronage. Plenty of other Irish folk on here don't seem so quick to defend what should be a bloody embarrassment though, for some reason.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:25 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
jimdig wrote:I got the impression sauders was the main ticket seller from Saturday night.

Manage it better?

Put on 6 fights rather than a dozen? That was if they all go the distance, rather than half as you might expect, the over-run will only be 30-40 minutes not a couple of hours.

How many fights did Hearn put on last week and what time did the way event finish. Both Warren and Hearn are packing cards with the main events starting far too late.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:28 am

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

It was TfL, and Hearn negotiated a better deal to allow the extra 15-20k seats to be released.  Basically, again, your stretching again to slate Hearn when it should be Warren getting the flack.  If Hearn cared as little as Warren, why didn't he just allow the event to over-run?? What was stopping him?? All those other factors you mention are ex-ante, therefore irrelevant to what actually happens on the night.

I am sure the repercussions of an outdoor event running over would be fairly serious given Hearn would he getting his knuckles rapped by powerful organisations that including fines.

Wow, really scraping the barrell now??!!?! laughing

How does it being an 'outdoor' event make any difference?

1. It wasn't 'outdoors' so no, not comparable to Hyde Park concerts if that's the angle you were going for. It was an arena event, albeit a partially open-air one.

2. Why would reprecussions/ramifications be any different to Frank's event over-running? Only thing I can think of is if he was banned from putting on another big money spinning Wembley event. More high stakes poker than Frank, but principal is the same.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:33 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

That's a weak bigoted response because I made a valid point.  I've watched crowd fights at Named, Hatton, Khan etc fights over 20 years but now its suddenly a traveller problem.

I'm not defending travellers and saying they are all angels just reporting the accounts of level headed hordcore boxing fans who have seen all the bad behavior before from football types.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Wow, really scraping the barrell now??!!?! laughing

How does it being an 'outdoor' event make any difference?

1. It wasn't 'outdoors' so no, not comparable to Hyde Park concerts if that's the angle you were going for.  It was an arena event, albeit a partially open-air one.

2. Why would reprecussions/ramifications be any different to Frank's event over-running? Only thing I can think of is if he was banned from putting on another big money spinning Wembley event. More high stakes poker than Frank, but principal is the same.

You don't see the difference between an 80000 seater outdoor event (yes it does generate noise for neighbours) and an indoor event that does nor require permission from the local transport authority.

You obviously haven't been to too many events in your lifetime or else you're an absolute donkey with the brains of a gnat. My guess is its both.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:52 am

Hearn's event didn't require permission from TfL, other than for additional tube/train services to be run. You telling me if Hearn had just had them close Wembley's lid it would have been a totally different ball game?!?! Hyde Park is surrounded by resi, Wembely's in the middle of an industrial area - that's more relevant to whether the roof is shut you moron.

Wembley is utterly different to Hyde Park, it's a pathetic and preposterous comparison.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 am

I was in a bar in Manchester years ago with my Wife when a bunch of travellers came in and caused havoc....Not only was my Wife terrified but so was I.....

I believe everything written in the thread...

On their own they can be nice people..Put them in a pack and they could intimidate King Kong..

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 am

I'd be intrigued why when where there were two travellers on the card with no other big names it would be football fans causing the trouble. Crowd trouble at previous Fury and Saunders fights has been well publicised.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:12 am

If they're going to stack the card then the main event needs to be gauranteed to start at an earlier time so people can see the actual fight they pay for.

Hearns done well at not having his card overrun quite so much as Warren but any promotor should be making sure it end before trains/bus's etc stop running, or provide free travel back.

As for the fans, unfortunately Strongy, the fact that there's a lot of different people complaining about the traveller element causing issues which means there must be some truth to it.  Any fan whatever/whoever they are that acts like that should be thrown out either way, so Franks security must have been Poopie.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:14 am

Sadly Hammer, Derby, you're probably not sufficiently 'hardcore boxing fans' for your views to count to Strongy.

Similar to Kirky's friends who actually attended the event.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:17 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Hearn's event didn't require permission from TfL, other than for additional tube/train services to be run. You telling me if Hearn had just had them close Wembley's lid it would have been a totally different ball game?!?!  Hyde Park is surrounded by resi, Wembely's in the middle of an industrial area - that's more relevant to whether the roof is shut you moron.

Wembley is utterly different to Hyde Park, it's a pathetic and preposterous comparison.

Outdoor gigs end at 10.30pm in general. Indoor events go on later as noise is not an issue. Its been like this for years.

Transporting 80,000 people is a logistical issue, its not as big an issue for arena events.

My view is that to avoid trouble the main event should start around 9.30pm as people won't be too drunk and they can get home or to the city centre in good time afterwards.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:19 am

I think it's pathetic the lengths this Brit hater will go to defend the indefensible.....

Probably found 7 - 7 amusing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:47 am

Strongback wrote:

Heard from several mates in attendance Saturday night who are as you would call it hardcore fans and i trust their word more than what is said on a boxing forum and they say there was loads of problems involving Traveller's causing aggro, pushing people around and nicking decent seats, nothing new to anyone who has attended fights involving one of their community.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think it's pathetic the lengths this Brit hater will go to defend the indefensible.....

Yeh, can't be the Irish gypsies (as reported/witnessed) that have also caused similar trouble at previous Fury & BJS fights, must be 'Brit/English football fans'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:53 am

Must have been one hell of a turn out by Shamrock Rovers top boys then Very Happy

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:53 am

hogey wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Heard from several mates in attendance Saturday night who are as you would call it hardcore fans and i trust their word more than what is said on a boxing forum and they say there was loads of problems involving Traveller's causing aggro, pushing people around and nicking decent seats, nothing new to anyone who has attended fights involving one of their community.    

Sorry Hogey, but as per Hammer & Derby, neither you nor your mates will sufficiently 'hardcore' for your opinions to carry any weight with Strongy.

Ergo, it was still English footy chavs that caused all the trouble.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:01 pm

The reported treatment of the guy in the wheelchair really concerns me especially because i am a wheelchair user myself

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Give it an hour or so toppie and Strongy will move on to say he's had a word with his hardcore forums buddies and they're saying it was Hearn causing trouble... He'd smuggled himself and 20 guys in with the instructions to all shout in Irish accents, nick seats, start fights and generally act like classless scum.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 pm

I was at the event, so thought I'd respond to the points raised. On the whole, I didn't have any real issues with any fellow spectators, traveller or otherwise and apart from the timings being off, everything else ran pretty well from my perspective...

1. No issues with entry. Tickets were checked and you had to be stamped in and out.

2. Personally used the toilets on a number of times. No issues whatsoever.

3. I think there were some scuffles right at the end, but I didn't see anything untoward whatsoever!

4. Security seemed a little clueless but on the whole did what they do normally. Stand around!

5. Terrible that the customer was moved from their seats. A few people sat in our seats, but quite politely moved once we came back. No issues

6. Ridiculous timings, cost a lot of people extra money. By the time Fury Chisora came on 25% - 40% of the crowd had left as it was too late. I stayed on!

7. Didn't even hear the tannoy. Sound system was pretty poor.

8. Didn't see any fights!

9. Can see why the media would have issue with this if they didn't have seats. May also lead to over sensationalism in their reporting.

10. Once one person stands its a tidal affect with everyone standing. Very annoying! Should have been marshaled a lot better. Feel massively for the disabled bloke. I myself watched most of the fights from the screen but its kind of a given at big time venues - obstructed view.

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Cheers Frank

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:23 pm

I imagine If Boxers are moaning about being paid on time..It could lead to other cutbacks like security..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think it's pathetic the lengths this Brit hater will go to defend the indefensible.....

Nobodies written more Brit baiting articles than you.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:28 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:The reported treatment of the guy in the wheelchair really concerns me especially because i am a wheelchair user myself
You say that, but where's the evidence to support that, quite frankly, outrageous claim

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Strongback wrote:

Nobodies written more Brit baiting articles than you.

There seems to be an edge to you though Mate....

Something bubbling inside....

If I'm wrong...I apologise.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Seems the gangs of marauding gypsies going around intimidating people at the event is a fabrication. All reports are that there was very little trouble inside the arena.

If guys in this thread don't like travelers that's fair enough but it is unfair to project your bigoted views of them onto the attendees of Saturdays event.

BY all accounts the atmosphere at this event was little different to the majority boxing shows.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Strongback wrote:Seems the gangs of marauding gypsies going around intimidating people at the event is a fabrication.  All reports are that there was very little trouble inside the arena.

If guys in this thread don't like travelers that's fair enough but it is unfair to project your bigoted views of them onto the attendees of Saturdays event.

BY all accounts the atmosphere at this event was little different to the majority boxing shows.
Clearly NOT by ALL accounts though

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:The reported treatment of the guy in the wheelchair really concerns me especially because i am a wheelchair user myself
You say that, but where's the evidence to support that, quite frankly, outrageous claim

?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Strongback wrote:Seems the gangs of marauding gypsies going around intimidating people at the event is a fabrication.  All reports are that there was very little trouble inside the arena.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

So basically ONE PERSON comes on this thread and tacitly supports your view and SUDDENLY it's all a storm in a tea cup and nothing that anyone else saw, or was reported on Twitter, or was relayed direct to people on this thread from people who DID attend actually happened.

For a supposed genius and self-made millionaire you are uniquely brilliant at making yourself look stupid & ridiculous!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:47 pm

People on more knowledgeable boxing sites agree with him too !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 pm

jammin wrote:
2. Personally used the toilets on a number of times. No issues whatsoever.

Seems it depends on what side of the arena you were sitting. Apparently there was a serious lack of toilets on one side.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Thats why dave i said reported because i wasnt there

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next