The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

+10
hogey
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
jimdig
oxring
88Chris05
Strongback
Coxy001
TopHat24/7
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback - Page 2 Empty Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 9:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Short on the heal's of Hearn's PR disaster of a PPV card, Frank Warren put on a horrendous event this weekend - the fall-out from this generated a hell of a lot of bad press on Twitter (from boxing journalists, not just fans or random Twitter muppets).

Whilst the Main Event turned out to be almost as farcical as Eddie's, the card otherwise wasn't the problem, hence why expectations were high, however feedback from live attendees was shocking and has led to some boxing journalists from the States refusing to ever provide coverage, let alone travel to, a FWP/Queensbury event again.

A summary compiled by Next Big Fight [square brackets are my comments]:

1. No organised entry - Tweet from Rocky Fielding: "You could show security an empty packet of space raiders as a ticket and you'll get in!"

2. NO TOILETS [this one is truly shocking, a several thousand fan event and no loos] People urinating on walls, in bins, in sinks, on stairs.

3. Intimidation from certain 'entourages'/social groups [basically think of a steretype of a couple of the guys fighting, which I cannot state explicitly or Mods will remove this] including people being thrown out of the expensive floor seats and security refusing to intervene.

4. Security told customers they had no instructions and we told just to turn up.

5. Quote from customer: "I had 6 £100 floor seat tickets. After we came back from the bar our seats were taken. They told us they were gypsies and we shouldn't mess. Security refused to help. Ended up 10 rows back".

6. Another quote: "Cost me over half my ticket price to get home! How can a card run over 2 hours late when it started at 4pm?"

7. Another quote: "At 0025 the annuncer said over the tannoy, last train to London leaves in 5 minutes. You couldn't even leave the stadium in the much time let alone catch a train!"

8. Lots of fights in the crowd, one person left on the floor in a puddle of their own blood.

9. Media not given allocated seating. Their additional seating got sold off so numerous journos turned up with nowhere to sit.

10. A disabled gentleman [his tweet of his view went fairly viral] paid £200 for his ticket and saw NOTHING all fight because people stood up in front of him (i.e. no properly allocated disabled seating) and secutiry refused to help.

So, in summary, Frank Warren continues to screw fans as much as the fighters he doesn't pay and, frankly, some 'communities' do nothing to help their public image.

Hearn deservedly slated (by me also) for that awful PPV, but I tell you what, he can run an event at least! I was at Froch-GrovesII and, despite being an international grade event with 80,000 people in attendance, it finished in time for everyone to make tube/train connections and I was back in central London with a pint in my hand barely 30 mins after GG was taken back to his dressing room.

Anyone on here attend Bad Blood? Any V2 feedback??

Is UK boxing promoting become a race to the bottom.....? Thoughts, gentlemen, please.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Thats why dave i said reported because i wasnt there

Not sure if Dave meant there is no evidence at you being in a wheelchair, i.e. a pun on your name.

Because if he meant the incident at the event, then there is/was evidence as the photo of the poor guy went viral.

And as for whoever was trying the excuse of "oh well, standing happens, can't he helped", well that's completely missing the point. At a properly run event, disable/wheelchair users aren't just dumped in some random place and left to fend for themselves. They have specially allocated areas where people CANNOT stand in front of them, often either by/near the front or on raised platforms.

Frank didn't organise this because he couldn't give a sh!t.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall-out from Saturday's Bad Blood event - appalling feedback

Post by Strongback Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:Seems the gangs of marauding gypsies going around intimidating people at the event is a fabrication.  All reports are that there was very little trouble inside the arena.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

So basically ONE PERSON comes on this thread and tacitly supports your view and SUDDENLY it's all a storm in a tea cup and nothing that anyone else saw, or was reported on Twitter, or was relayed direct to people on this thread from people who DID attend actually happened.

For a supposed genius and self-made millionaire you are uniquely brilliant at making yourself look stupid & ridiculous!

Go to any forum and have a read. People are giving out about the Franks organisational skills. Travelers are not in the firing line.

Did a traveler steal your lolly pop when you were a kid or something?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:The reported treatment of the guy in the wheelchair really concerns me especially because i am a wheelchair user myself
You say that, but where's the evidence to support that, quite frankly, outrageous claim

?

Think Dave was messing here. As in wheelchair 1991's username, him proving he is a wheelchair user.

Maybe wrong though.

My brother went with a few lads saturday.
May ask him what it was like, did they experience anything bad.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:58 pm

My brother-in-law was there. Apparently they were informed (via public announcement) that the last tube was in ten minutes (despite the fact they were further than 10 minutes from the tube).

As for the rest: that isn't out of the ordinary. I've been to loads of cards and security is usally the same firm each time. I'm always amazed there isn't more disruption than there eventually is.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:00 pm

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think it's pathetic the lengths this Brit hater will go to defend the indefensible.....

Probably found 7 - 7 amusing..

Nobodies written more Brit baiting articles than you.

There seems to be an edge to you though Mate....

Something bubbling inside....

If I'm wrong...I apologise.

If there's a suspect device around here its you kid.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:06 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:No, Strongy, none has ever stolen my lolipop.

Travellers have been causing issues at my (whilst I was playing) and my dad's football club for years.  They have not one positive aspect or contribution to society and no redeeming features and worst of all, the part that sickens me more than anything, is that they are continually excused and accommodated for as if they are a race or religion with different 'customs'.  Being a gypsy/traveller is a lifestyle choice, nothing more and one which is disgustingly at odds with modern civilised society and shouldn't be put up with.

So the opportunity taken to slate travelers at the Excel was well justified then.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

westisbest wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:The reported treatment of the guy in the wheelchair really concerns me especially because i am a wheelchair user myself
You say that, but where's the evidence to support that, quite frankly, outrageous claim

?

Think Dave was messing here. As in wheelchair 1991's username, him proving he is a wheelchair user.

Maybe wrong though.

My brother went with a few lads saturday.
May ask him what it was like, did they experience anything bad.
Come on, does TopHat24/7 wear a Top Hat 24 hours a day 7 days a week because it's his username? I have an elderly relative who is "Wheelchair bound" but I'm skeptical. I've never caught her doing the Lambada on an evening but there's just something about her that makes me suspicious. She's playing a good game though...25 years and counting!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cheers Frank

De nada

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:28 pm

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:No, Strongy, none has ever stolen my lolipop.

Travellers have been causing issues at my (whilst I was playing) and my dad's football club for years.  They have not one positive aspect or contribution to society and no redeeming features and worst of all, the part that sickens me more than anything, is that they are continually excused and accommodated for as if they are a race or religion with different 'customs'.  Being a gypsy/traveller is a lifestyle choice, nothing more and one which is disgustingly at odds with modern civilised society and shouldn't be put up with.

So the opportunity taken to slate travelers at the Excel was well justified then.

I relayed what has been reported, no slating. Views above are my own, and are slating, but not linked to Saturday.

You are just in denial as you refuse to take criticism of anything that could be linked to Ireland.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:40 pm

Mods - please don't shut down the thread, I've removed my offending post.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:42 pm

Thread can stay Toppy, but a word of warning to everyone else - I've just removed a different post which broke house rules. Try to keep it clean, lads. Ta.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:47 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Thread can stay Toppy, but a word of warning to everyone else - I've just removed a different post which broke house rules. Try to keep it clean, lads. Ta.
Thought you meant my comment questioning wheelchair1991's right to used disabled ramps and toilets based solely on his user name....the rotten charlatan!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think it's pathetic the lengths this Brit hater will go to defend the indefensible.....

Probably found 7 - 7 amusing..

Nobodies written more Brit baiting articles than you.

There seems to be an edge to you though Mate....

Something bubbling inside....

If I'm wrong...I apologise.

If there's a suspect device around here its you kid.

Yes kid.....Give us all a Christmas present and Fu*k off you bitter little man..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2