The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14)

+20
TJ
George Carlin
Cardiff Dave
Wideboyprop55
Cyril
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
wayne
SecretFly
Rory_Gallagher
VinceWLB
JmD
Notch
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Artful_Dodger
The Great Aukster
PenfroPete
MrsP
rodders
ScarletSpiderman
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14) - Page 2 Empty ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14)

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 12 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

European Rugby Champions Cup - Pool 3:

ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14) - Page 2 Scarle11
  ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14) - Page 2 Ulster12

Scarlets v Ulster  

Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli
Referee: JP Doyle
Assistants: Tom Foley, Roy Maybank (Eng)
TMO: Graham Hughes (Eng)
Timekeeper: Terry Thomas (Wal)

Coverage: BTSport 2 ; Live commentary on BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Ulster and the BBC Sport website from 17:00 GMT

SCARLETS

15 Liam Williams,
14 Kristian Phillips,
13 Regan King,
12 Scott Williams (capt),
11 Michael Tagicakibau,
10 Rhys Priestland,
9 Rhodri Williams,

1 Rob Evans,
2 Emyr Phillips,
3 Samson Lee,
4 Jake Ball,
5 Johan Snyman,
6 Aaron Shingler,
7 James Davies,
8 Rob McCusker

Replacements:
Kirby Myhill,
Wyn Jones,
Rhodri Jones,
George Earle,
Rory Pitman,
Aled Davies,
Steven Shingler,
Hadleigh Parkes

ULSTER

L Ludik;
T Bowe,
D Cave,
L Marshall,
C Gilroy,
I Humphreys,
R Pienaar;

C Black,
R Best (Capt),
D Fitzpatrick,
D Tuohy,
F vd Merwe,
R Diack,
C Ross,
R Wilson

Replacements:
R Herring,
A Warwick,
B Ross,
A O’Connor,
M McComish,
P Marshall,
M Heaney,
M Allen.

Head to Head

7  Played 7
4 Wins 2
2 Losses 4
1 Draws 1
13 Tries 10
12 Conversions 3
19 Penalties 14
0 Drop Goals 1
146 Points 101

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Fri 12 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14) - Page 2 Empty Re: ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14)

Post by Notch Sun 14 Dec 2014, 7:38 pm

Munchkin wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Well done Scarlets on the win and with such a weak ref,
Ulster offside every ruck lying all over the ball refusing to scrumage properly lots of crossing and lost count of how many high tackles and the ref turned a blind eye to so many i could have been several yellow cards n the first half alone.

Also may i add how the ref refused to let Scarlets defend a driving maul Ulster might as well just have 10 players link arms and run forward with a ball carrier running behind it got that sloppy.
But again well done scarlets against such odds.

p.s. Notch i know your a moderator and you can ban people just for not agreeing with you or if they say something nasty about you beloved Ulster but this week don't take it upon yourself to send me two personal emails with a real personal threatening tone just like you did last week because quite frankly it pathetic, so if you don't like it just keep scrolling you jumped up obnoxious brat.

Again well done Scarlets hard luck Ulster.

Grow up Dave. Do you not think before you send such crap? Rolling Eyes
Rory but no offence it is a forum and people will have stark contrasting views but the problem just like you have shown is some people inability to just accept that not all will agree,
it open for discussion it is not a dictatorship where we all have to kiss up to the mighty Irish provinces.

Giving yourself away there, Deluded. Put a sock in it.

Guys don't get exercised about him. Trolls will be trolls!

It's my fault. He's had multiple warnings off multiple different mods over a period of months, temporary ban and told his return was subject to good behaviour, no change in behaviour- last week was the final straw. So i sent him an e-mail confirming his permanent ban...

...and then forgot to actually ban him! The blighter has had a week of free posting Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14) - Page 2 Empty Re: ERCC Round 4 : Scarlets Vrs Ulster (PYS, Sun 14-12-14)

Post by Notch Sun 14 Dec 2014, 7:49 pm

I don't normally talk about modding as a poster, I obviously keep the two things separate. But scrolled through to see who Rory was getting animated with. and then had that moment- "Eh? He's still here?"

Very disorientating. Anyway, thought I owed an apology. Continue your business, sorry!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 14 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

Well well well, Priestland MOTM, Gatland will have him back has is first choice now Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 14 Dec 2014, 8:13 pm

Congratulation to the Scarlets.

They played the wet weather game much better than Ulster and Priestland took full advantage. Strange argument between him and Williams about the difficult penalty chance that ended up so far out it almost looked on purpose!

It was great to see Marshall back on the field and playing so well. This was the result I was wanting because Ulster have neither the frontline nor the depth to compete in Europe this year. They will be stretched enough to compete in the Pro12 so the ERC is a distraction they can do without.

Anyway, good Luck to Scarlets in Europe.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wideboyprop55 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 8:44 pm

So this moderator Notch bans a Llanelli fan on the day his team lose to Llanelli even admitting everything he said was true about sending him personal e-mails ? Well i guess 606v2 isn't for me if this is the way things are run i will be looking for another forum.Any suggestions lads?

Wideboyprop55

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 14 Dec 2014, 8:55 pm

Wideboyprop55 wrote:So this moderator Notch bans a Llanelli fan on the day his team lose to Llanelli even admitting everything he said was true about sending him personal e-mails ? Well i guess 606v2 isn't for me if this is the way things are run i will be looking for another forum.Any suggestions lads?

Suggestions?  Just sleep on it Wideboy.  Enjoy the win.  And see how you feel tomorrow about leaving.   Auld hothead nights of European rugby are the norm.  Emotions running high.  If nobody reacted - positively or negatively, it'd be a pretty miserable and boring sport.

I also think Dave should be given a gesture of reprieve if he got heself a ban, that is (not my call of course but it might be a nice gesture?) - He finds it hard to rein in the emotions at times, but what the hell, so he likes digging into us Irish sometime - nobody is ever loved by everyone.  In a sense it's a bit of an honour because he considers us important enough as rivals to enjoy the heave ho sometimes.  He did say Hard luck Ulster though.  So, it's interesting how nice people become when niceness is bestowed on 'em? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wideboyprop55 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:01 pm

Guess so @secretfly just surprised ,but i guess some people do bring it upon their own back.I thought the game was of poor quality and Llanelli did seem to get the rub of the green from the Referee. Clermont v Munster was one hell of a good game.

Wideboyprop55

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:21 pm

Wideboyprop55 wrote:So this moderator Notch bans a Llanelli fan on the day his team lose to Llanelli even admitting everything he said was true about sending him personal e-mails ? Well i guess 606v2 isn't for me if this is the way things are run i will be looking for another forum.Any suggestions lads?

Try Gwlad. You'll love it.
Well done Llanelli btw. Great name that. Llanelli. Unique. Should use it more.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 14 Dec 2014, 9:49 pm

Not sure if its been said or not but Ludik should have been sent off, I'm sure I've heard people complaining about dirty nasty fullbacks putting in cheap shots like that before.... censored
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Wideboyprop55 Sun 14 Dec 2014, 10:23 pm

Correct @cardiffdave. Cardiff Blues should just be Cardiff and Dragons should just be called Newport, drop the rugby league style of naming and get some local pride behind these fantastic clubs who have fantastic grounds and training facilities. Put the soul back in the game and call them Clubs not regions.

Wideboyprop55

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:07 pm

To clarify its standard practice to send a private message to posters who we have to moderate informing them of the decision, and the decision was taken last week about things that were done and said last week. I just felt an apology was owed given I screwed up and forgot to actually do the thing I sent a message about Doh :OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:13 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Well done Scarlets on the win and with such a weak ref,
Ulster offside every ruck lying all over the ball refusing to scrumage properly lots of crossing and lost count of how many high tackles and the ref turned a blind eye to so many i could have been several yellow cards n the first half alone.

Also may i add how the ref refused to let Scarlets defend a driving maul Ulster might as well just have 10 players link arms and run forward with a ball carrier running behind it got that sloppy.
But again well done scarlets against such odds.

p.s. Notch i know your a moderator and you can ban people just for not agreeing with you or if they say something nasty about you beloved Ulster but this week don't take it upon yourself to send me two personal emails with a real personal threatening tone just like you did last week because quite frankly it pathetic, so if you don't like it just keep scrolling you jumped up obnoxious brat.

Again well done Scarlets hard luck Ulster.
Hello again, Dave. Happy to clarify a few things:

1. You were previously banned because of the overwhelming number of complaints about you from other posters.
2. The decision to ban you was taken by the Mod Team, not by Notch.
3. Do you see any correlation between the way you have responded to other posters on this thread and that ban?

PM me please if you are still unclear. That cracking noise you can hear is the thin ice you are currently skating on.

Can I also say that this was a great game and well done Scarlets.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:09 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not sure if its been said or not but Ludik should have been sent off, I'm sure I've heard people complaining about dirty nasty fullbacks putting in cheap shots like that before.... censored

SS,

What did Cpl Jones use to say 'they don't like it up them Mr mannering'. It will all be very quiet regarding that incident I am sure, however if it was carried out by a XV in red this thread would be in melt down by now.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 15 Dec 2014, 7:46 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not sure if its been said or not but Ludik should have been sent off, I'm sure I've heard people complaining about dirty nasty fullbacks putting in cheap shots like that before.... censored

SS,

What did Cpl Jones use to say 'they don't like it up them Mr mannering'.  It will all be very quiet regarding that incident I am sure, however if it was carried out by a XV in red this thread would be in melt down by now.

Munster?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 8:19 am

TJ wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

SS,

What did Cpl Jones use to say 'they don't like it up them Mr mannering'.  It will all be very quiet regarding that incident I am sure, however if it was carried out by a XV in red this thread would be in melt down by now.

Munster?

clap clap clap
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

There's bad losers and bad winners and then there's Deluded Dave who comes under both titles. As ungracious in victory as he is in defeat, you'd think the eejit would just take the win and move on.

Anyway, it was horrible game marred by the conditions in which Ulster took too long to realise they were losing the kicking game and it was time to hold onto the ball. JP Doyle left both sets of fans wondering WTF just happened with dubious decisions all over the park.

Well done Scarlets and keep up the Pro12 fight.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

To clarify, I didn't see the whole game so I don't know what Ludik did. Does anyone have a link?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:16 pm

Notch wrote:To clarify, I didn't see the whole game so I don't know what Ludik did. Does anyone have a link?

He shoulder charged a Scarlets player, I think it may have been Liam Williams, whilst the player went down to gather the ball. That's against the rules, Ludik needed to either contest for the ball, or wait until the Scarlets player got on his feet and then attempted the tackle. I didn't think it was bad tbh, but you can bet your life savings on it being filthy, disgusting play if Liam Williams was the doer.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:42 pm

The Saint wrote:
Notch wrote:To clarify, I didn't see the whole game so I don't know what Ludik did. Does anyone have a link?

He shoulder charged a Scarlets player, I think it may have been Liam Williams, whilst the player went down to gather the ball. That's against the rules, Ludik needed to either contest for the ball, or wait until the Scarlets player got on his feet and then attempted the tackle. I didn't think it was bad tbh, but you can bet your life savings on it being filthy, disgusting play if Liam Williams was the doer.

Priestland was collecting the ball, sliding on the ground, as he had the ball in his hand Ludik lunged in at him, no at all contesting the ball. If Priest had not have repositioned his head, he would have been on a stretcher leaving the pitch. It made the incident in the 6Ns that people harp on about look like a tickle with a feather. I honestly think Ludik only avoided a card by staying down 'injured'.

It was a really dirty bit of play, a rush of blood thing, but lords honest, if carried out by a player with 15 on his shirt in scarlet, against iHump then it would have been a card (possibly red), and it would have been que for this place to erupt in its usual way.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Priestland was collecting the ball, sliding on the ground, as he had the ball in his hand Ludik lunged in at him, no at all contesting the ball.  If Priest had not have repositioned his head, he would have been on a stretcher leaving the pitch.  It made the incident in the 6Ns that people harp on about look like a tickle with a feather.  I honestly think Ludik only avoided a card by staying down 'injured'.

It was a really dirty bit of play, a rush of blood thing, but lords honest, if carried out by a player with 15 on his shirt in scarlet, against iHump then it would have been a card (possibly red), and it would have been que for this place to erupt in its usual way.

Interesting interpretation of it there SS. What really happened is that as Priestland was getting back to his feet having slid to collect the ball he was tackled by Ludik. Penalty offense, nothing more, the idea that anyone anywhere would have gotten a red card for it is absolute hyperbole. Your posts have been an awful lot less.....measured over the period of these two games.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 15 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm

First of all Priestland wasn't on the ground - he was getting to his feet. There is clear daylight between his body and the ground before Ludik makes contact.
Secondly Ludik was making a tackle using his arms - not a shoulder charge.

However Ludik got his timing wrong as Priestland wasn't fully on his feet, he was a split second too early. The officials looked at it enough times to judge, despite the calls for a card from the crowd, and gave the correct penalty only decision.

Would the officials have looked at the incident differently if it had been Williams - who knows?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

What utter bilge coming from the one eyed turks as per usual.
Ludik went for what turned out to be a mistimed tackle as Priestland (not Williams) was getting to his feet after retrieving the ball on the ground. It was not a shoulder tackle and the clash of heads is hardly something Ludik meant as it was his own face making contact with Priestland's skull. You don't have to let the player get to his feet to conest the ball but you do if you're going for a full tackle, watch the footage and it's obvious it was a bit of bad timing and not dirty play.

This whole Liam Williams complex is getting boring by the way. I like the player, I think he's hugely talented and very physical which is more than enough for me any day. His hot headed use of his physicality is something he's learning all the time. I'm a Sanjay fan as it happens.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:28 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Interesting interpretation of it there SS.  What really happened is that as Priestland was getting back to his feet having slid to collect the ball he was tackled by Ludik.  Penalty offense, nothing more, the idea that anyone anywhere would have gotten a red card for it is absolute hyperbole.  Your posts have been an awful lot less.....measured over the period of these two games.

I think you'll find my posts have been tailored to suit the situation. Ludik hit the man on the ground, not attempt at a tackle, just an attempt at smashing an undefended player in the head.

Pete330v2 wrote:What utter bilge coming from the one eyed turks as per usual.

Seeing as I am the only Scarlets fan on here (to my knowledge) I'm assuming that is aimed at me? But seeing as I am not a 'Turk', I'm form Pembrokeshire not Llanelli, nice try but slightly off the mark Hug
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:32 pm

2 Scarlets in the Planet Rugby "Team of the week"

15 Anthony Watson Bath:

14 Ken Pisi Northampton:
13 Mathieu Bastareaud Toulon:.
12 Ian Madigan Leinster:
11 Noa Nakaitaci Clermont:.

10 Rhys Priestland Scarlets:
9 Sébastien Bézy Toulouse:

8 Billy Vunipola Saracens:
7 Dominic Ryan Leinster.
6 Damien Chouly Clermont

5 Ali Williams Toulon:.
4 George Kruis Saracens:.

3 Census Johnston Toulouse:
2 Guilhem Guirado Toulon:
1 Rob Evans Scarlets:

Full details - http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9607673,00.htm
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:44 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:Interesting interpretation of it there SS.  What really happened is that as Priestland was getting back to his feet having slid to collect the ball he was tackled by Ludik.  Penalty offense, nothing more, the idea that anyone anywhere would have gotten a red card for it is absolute hyperbole.  Your posts have been an awful lot less.....measured over the period of these two games.

just an attempt at smashing an undefended player in the head.

Rolling Eyes

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:49 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

just an attempt at smashing an undefended player in the head.

Rolling Eyes

tomato

(tailored posts see)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:50 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Seeing as I am the only Scarlets fan on here (to my knowledge) I'm assuming that is aimed at me?  But seeing as I am not a 'Turk', I'm form Pembrokeshire not Llanelli, nice try but slightly off the mark Hug

If you count as multiple one-eyed turks, does that mean you must have (by definition) at least two eyes?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:53 pm

PenfroPete wrote:2 Scarlets in the Planet Rugby "Team of the week"
....10 Rhys Priestland Scarlets:
Full details - http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9607673,00.htm

Fair play to Priestland he seems to be getting over his issues of going missing after having a few kicking howlers. He has put in two very good performances this season (Leicester and Ulster), and in both games his kicking at goal/for touch has gone wonky, but he has managed to keep it from getting in the way of him doing his duties as a playmaking flyhalf.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Seeing as I am the only Scarlets fan on here (to my knowledge) I'm assuming that is aimed at me?  But seeing as I am not a 'Turk', I'm form Pembrokeshire not Llanelli, nice try but slightly off the mark Hug

If you count as multiple one-eyed turks, does that mean you must have (by definition) at least two eyes?

laughing I wish I were as quick thinking as you.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 15 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm

Pete this kind of thing just inflames the debate. It's not constructive.

I like that we have a rivalry but I'd like us to have a friendly rivalry.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:24 pm

You ulster lot are a funny bunch. You were nowhere to be seen last week during the forward pass from Bowe for a try, and a late closeline on a Scarlets player. If you ever consider telling the Welsh how they're bitter in defeat and always blame the ref, pay a re-visit to this thread first.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:27 pm

The Saint wrote:You ulster lot are a funny bunch. You were nowhere to be seen last week during the forward pass from Bowe for a try, and a late closeline on a Scarlets player. If you ever consider telling the Welsh how they're bitter in defeat and always blame the ref, pay a re-visit to this thread first.

To be fair mate, I think we are all a bit like that. Most people will defend our own to the hilt, whilst pointing out the flaws in others, its the nature of the beast I think.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm

Notch wrote:

Pete this kind of thing just inflames the debate. It's not constructive.

I like that we have a rivalry but I'd like us to have a friendly rivalry.

I wasn't trying to be inflamitory in the slightest and if anyone took offence I apologise.

I also pity them that meer words hurt them so Smile Smile

P.S. I would also like to point out that at no point did I attempt to be constructive.

P.P.S. Nobody mentioned Bowe's forward pass in past threads did they? It was indeed a good yard forward, I thought nobody had noticed

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 15 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm

The Saint wrote:You ulster lot are a funny bunch. You were nowhere to be seen last week during the forward pass from Bowe for a try, and a late closeline on a Scarlets player. If you ever consider telling the Welsh how they're bitter in defeat and always blame the ref, pay a re-visit to this thread first.

I thought the pass went backwards. angel
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:16 pm

I've only ever seen a still of the alleged clothesline. Do you have a clip of this? Bowes pass did look forward, but I'm not sure if it was, and if it was, I don't care Very Happy Sometimes these decisions go for you. Sometimes against.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

So why were Ulster fans moaning about the ref this week only then?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

Pete - it was mentioned, it was mocked (it went backwards from Tommy's hands but bounced forward of Liam's halo, I believe) and a video was posted of it.  But to be blunt that was last weeks game, and ancient history, you win some, you lose some, move on.

The cyclopes comment went over my head, but needed to point out Saint/Bed was/Deluded aren't Turks (or not that I'm aware), gutted I didn't have Thunor's speed/wit for my response though.

I have to admit the "P.S. I would also like to point out that at no point did I attempt to be constructive." put a big grin on my face Hug

Munchkin, check the thread for last week, Chunky (who is a Scarlets fan), posted a pic of it there, and the aforementioned video.  The 'clothesline' was a bit if a high swinging tackle in Gareth Owen as he attempted to run the ball out of his 22, after receiving a down field kick.

P.s. like I said to Saint, we are all guilty of defending our own a bit too much, and pointing out flaws in the opposition (sometime beyond excess).  But that is the nature if the beast when debating things, and let's face it if we all agreed these boards would be dull as dishwater
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:41 pm

The Saint wrote:So why were Ulster fans moaning about the ref this week only then?

Maybe whoever it is that moaned about the ref felt that he was very one sided in dishing out penalties. Especially in the first half. The irony is that some Scarlets fans are moaning more about the ref than any Ulster fan Shocked
Personally I am just relieved that we haven't added further to our injury list, and we can now concentrate solely on the Pro 12, and not in a European group that we were not going to qualify out of anyway. I never like losing, but there is a silver lining.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 4:45 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Pete - it was mentioned, it was mocked (it went backwards from Tommy's hands but bounced forward of Liam's halo, I believe) and a video was posted of it.  But to be blunt that was last weeks game, and ancient history, you win some, you lose some, move on.

The cyclopes comment went over my head, but needed to point out Saint/Bed was/Deluded aren't Turks (or not that I'm aware), gutted I didn't have Thunor's speed/wit for my response though.

I have to admit the "P.S. I would also like to point out that at no point did I attempt to be constructive." put a big grin on my face  Hug

Munchkin, check the thread for last week, Chunky (who is a Scarlets fan), posted a pic of it there, and the aforementioned video.  The 'clothesline' was a bit if a high swinging tackle in Gareth Owen as he attempted to run the ball out of his 22, after receiving a down field kick.

P.s. like I said to Saint, we are all guilty of defending our own a bit too much, and pointing out flaws in the opposition (sometime beyond excess).  But that is the nature if the beast when debating things, and let's face it if we all agreed these boards would be dull as dishwater

Thanks, SSM. I will have a look later. If it's the incident I'm thinking of, it didn't really look like there was much in it, but open to correction, even though I'm a one eyed Ulster fan Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:04 pm

Munchkin wrote:
The Saint wrote:So why were Ulster fans moaning about the ref this week only then?

Maybe whoever it is that moaned about the ref felt that he was very one sided in dishing out penalties. Especially in the first half. The irony is that some Scarlets fans are moaning more about the ref than any Ulster fan Shocked
Personally I am just relieved that we haven't added further to our injury list, and we can now concentrate solely on the Pro 12, and not in a European group that we were not going to qualify out of anyway. I never like losing, but there is a silver lining.

No they aren't. And since the comments about the ref here only came from Ulster fans you couldn't make that BS up no matter how hard you try.

Speaking as a non-Scarlets fan as SS had to point out to you, I thought Ulster were poor in the first half and all those penalties were justified. The only ones I think we could discuss as anything other, are SOME of the ones given away at the scrum. Rob Evans is a naughty prop. But you should also remember Ulster were missing their first choice TH; Scarlets had the advantage there before KO.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm

The Saint wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

No they aren't. And since the comments about the ref here only came from Ulster fans you couldn't make that BS up no matter how hard you try.

Speaking as a non-Scarlets fan as SS had to point out to you, I thought Ulster were poor in the first half and all those penalties were justified. The only ones I think we could discuss as anything other, are SOME of the ones given away at the scrum. Rob Evans is a naughty prop. But you should also remember Ulster were missing their first choice TH; Scarlets had the advantage there before KO.

Yes there are, and I wasn't talking about anyone on these forums.

Whatever about the scrums, if Ulster were going all out to win the game they should have taken Fitzpatrick off long before he was carded. It doesn't matter so much the ref being right or wrong. What matters more is understanding exactly what is required by the ref, and complying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 15 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm

Wideboyprop55 wrote:Correct @cardiffdave. Cardiff Blues should just be Cardiff and Dragons should just be called Newport, drop the rugby league style of naming and get some local pride behind these fantastic clubs who have fantastic grounds and training facilities. Put the soul back in the game and call them Clubs not regions.

Indeed. Call a spade, a spade I say.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:11 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:But seeing as I am not a 'Turk'

Oh yes you are.
Come ed, it is panto season and anybody who supports the Terks is by definition, a Terk.
It is written. It's the law. Google it if you don't believe me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

I have tried to stay off here today, but I feel compelled to add to this thread, and I know I am going to get a bit of a tonking off our friends from the Emerald Isle on here, but what we saw on Sunday was a time when ulster are reffed properly, they are a very niggly team to play, there is nothing wrong with that, but when you play that way every once in a while you will get your come uppance. Sorry

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 6:32 pm

No need to be sorry, LD. It's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Even though you're wrong Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:08 pm

Ok. Just watched the clothesline incident. It wasn't a clothesline. Very little, if anything, in it as I originally thought. Gilroy powered Pitman into touch. Good job done.

BOD was impressed  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:50 pm

Munchkin wrote:Ok. Just watched the clothesline incident. It wasn't a clothesline. Very little, if anything, in it as I originally thought. Gilroy powered Pitman into touch. Good job done.

The picture in the other thread did definitely look worse than it was, bit high but not intent so to speak. Oh and Gareth Owen will be cuffed you thought he was Pitman, looks like his time in the gym has paid off Wink
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:25 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I have tried to stay off here today, but I feel compelled to add to this thread, and I know I am going to get a bit of a tonking off our friends from the Emerald Isle on here, but what we saw on Sunday was a time when ulster are reffed properly, they are a very niggly team to play, there is nothing wrong with that, but when you play that way every once in a while you will get your come uppance. Sorry

I agree, if every referee could ref properly then results would be so much fairer. It's a pity Doyle couldn't ref properly as SS highlighted above in that he didn't card Ludik for his reckless assault on Priestland.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:27 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Ok. Just watched the clothesline incident. It wasn't a clothesline. Very little, if anything, in it as I originally thought. Gilroy powered Pitman into touch. Good job done.

The picture in the other thread did definitely look worse than it was, bit high but not intent so to speak.  Oh and Gareth Owen will be cuffed you thought he was Pitman, looks like his time in the gym has paid off Wink  

oops.....#Munchkin#Specsavers....raspberry

Yes, the frozen frame looked worse than it actually was. It was high, but on playing it frame by frame I don't think any real pressure was applied to the neck as Gilroy evidently wrapped his arm around in order to pull down. Not even close to a clothesline though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:34 pm

Freeze frame, and slo-mo always seems to make thinks looks worse.  I thought it was a fifty-fifty call at the time, i wasn't surprised or overly annoyed it want given.

Also I do think there should be a ruling that only one player from a team can have a distinctive look.  Pitman has a smaller look alike in Owen, and almost a mini-me in Jordan Williams, it just unfair on the fans Wink
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next