The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

+13
bhb001
AdamT
catchweight
Mr Bounce
Mind the windows Tino.
ONETWOFOREVER
OasisBFC
Valero's Conscience
88Chris05
Derbymanc
milkyboy
Ent
Strongback
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  Empty Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

Post by Strongback Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:14 pm

Prizefighter Anthony Crolla's world title hopes dashed after suffering broken ankle and serious head injury tackling burglars
Dec 16, 2014 22:38 By John Scheerhout

Anthony Crolla from New Moston suffered a serious head injury and a broken ankle chasing a pair of cowardly thugs who had been raiding a neighbour’s house

Boxing champ Anthony Crolla’s world title fight will have to be called off after he suffered terrible injuries tackling burglars.

The 28-year-old from New Moston suffered a serious head injury and a suspected broken ankle chasing a pair of cowardly thugs who had been raiding a neighbour’s house.

The have-a-go hero gave chase after he spotted the two raiders jumping over a fence from a neighbour’s house into his garden.

He managed to grab hold of one of the burglars nearby but the second is understood to have picked up a brick or lump of concrete and thrown it at his head.

With blood pouring from a head wound, the WBO intercontinental lightweight champ managed to stagger back to his home where his girlfriend dialled 999.

Paramedics were called to the scene and Crolla was taken to Royal Oldham Hospital where he remains in a stable condition and awaiting the result of a CT scan.

His devastated trainer Joe Gallagher, 46, conceded Crolla’s injuries were so severe his scheduled January 23 WBA world title fight with Richard Abril at the Phones 4U Arena would have to be called off.

Gallagher told the MEN: “I’ve just spoken to him on the phone and he’s heart-broken. He’s all plastered-up and waiting for a CT scan. His title dream is gone. Whether he will ever get another shot at it in the future, I don’t know. His dreams are in tatters.”

Describing the incident at Crolla’s home at around 6pm on Tuesday, Gallagher said: “He’s seen people climbing over a fence from next door and he’s given chase. He’s managed to get hold of one of the two but the other has picked up a brick or a concrete slab and attacked him. He could have been killed.”

Crolla, known as ‘Million Dolla Crolla’, is much-loved by Manchester fight fans, having resurrected his career following a damaging defeat in 2012.

The former British champion is known as a tough street fighter but with a heart of gold.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  Empty Re: Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

Post by Ent Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:55 pm

Lucky to be alive if someone has hit him with a brick.

Speedy recovery.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  Empty Re: Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:15 am

Seems to be a real spate of boxer's getting assaulted in one way or another at the moment. Terrible for the lad, wish him a quick recovery.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 7:42 am

Hope for a quick recovery and someone grasses up the scum.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:55 am

The BBC are reporting Crolla has a fractured skull but is stable.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

Shocking stuff, wishing Crolla a full and speedy recovery. Always liked him. Hopefully this will just mean a postponement of his title shot rather than dashing it for good.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:17 am

Wonder how long it will be before STRONGY blames Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

Speedy recovery to Crolla.

Scum of the earth, burglars. My parents road has had 3 burglaries this year and devastating to the families. Last one was yesterday with a young family 1 week before crimbo, a-holes!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:18 pm

Horrible news isn't it.

He could have been killed just for doing the right thing. And he finally got his title shot, something he's wanted his whole life and some disgusting excuse for a human being takes it away from him.

Hope he has a speedy recovery, gets fit again and is given his shot.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Wonder how long it will be before STRONGY blames Eddie

Childish comment.

Grow up.

Hope Crolla can recover but head injuries can be complicated. Which doctor will sign him off to return to boxing after this?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:48 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Speedy recovery to Crolla.

Scum of the earth, burglars.  My parents road has had 3 burglaries this year and devastating to the families.  Last one was yesterday with a young family 1 week before crimbo, a-holes!

This is why burglars should be seen by everyone as the absolute scum of the earth. I'm sure we all know people that aren't whiter than white but i'm yet to meet anyone that tries to justify burgling someone's house.

If he can get back in the ring (as 1/2 says head injuries are complicated,) lets hope he doesn't lose his spot. And if anyone from the council is listening, give the geezer an award or something. He's put his whole career in balance to help his neighbour, not himself.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:27 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Childish comment.

Grow up.

Hope Crolla can recover but head injuries can be complicated. Which doctor will sign him off to return to boxing after this?
Shut ya cakehole and behave like the Christian you claim to be

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 17 Dec 2014, 1:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Childish comment.

Grow up.

Shut ya cakehole and behave like the Christian you claim to be

Laugh

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:11 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Speedy recovery to Crolla.

Scum of the earth, burglars.  My parents road has had 3 burglaries this year and devastating to the families.  Last one was yesterday with a young family 1 week before crimbo, a-holes!

This is why burglars should be seen by everyone as the absolute scum of the earth. I'm sure we all know people that aren't whiter than white but i'm yet to meet anyone that tries to justify burgling someone's house.

If he can get back in the ring (as 1/2 says head injuries are complicated,) lets hope he doesn't lose his spot. And if anyone from the council is listening, give the geezer an award or something. He's put his whole career in balance to help his neighbour, not himself.

Its a serious problem with anything brain related. I can't see a doctor giving him the approval to resume his boxing career I am pretty sure they will advise against it.

The last boxer, that I remember, who suffered a serious head injury but returned to the ring was Edwin Valero after a motorcycle accident but looking back at his demise and that of his wife maybe the injury to his brain effected him more then people understand. Chris Benoit the WWE wrestler suffered numerous brain injuries throughout his career and this was only discovered after he killed his wife and himself.

Not saying Crolla's predicament is as bad but doctors are not 100% sure of the lasting effects of brain related injuries. I think Crolla will be advised to retire sadly and I presume to medical establishment will distance themselves from giving him the all clear which will make it harder for Crolla to mount a comeback.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Not saying Crolla's predicament is as bad but doctors are not 100% sure of the lasting effects of brain related injuries. I think Crolla will be advised to retire sadly and I presume to medical establishment will distance themselves from giving him the all clear which will make it harder for Crolla to mount a comeback.

I can't find anything that says he has suffered a 'brain' injury, only reports that he has fractured his skull. They are two different things entirely and a fractured skull doesn't automatically lead to a brain injury.

It may well turn out that he has a brain injury but until someone actually confirms that, speculation as to him returning to the ring is pretty pointless.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec 2014, 2:55 pm

Did a job recently where a fella was assaulted and suffered a fractured skull. Sounded horrible but the Dr said that it was a hairline fracture at best and there would be no long lasting/permanent damage.

Fighters suffer more serious brain injuries in the ring without fractures to the skull so let's just wait until we have some facts eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 17 Dec 2014, 5:05 pm

I wish Crolla a very speedy recovery. It's absolutely spot-on that burglars really are the scum of the Earth. My friend's house was burgled several years ago (I was lodging there and had gone round to see the future Mrs B). It happened on a late Sunday afternoon in October - I reckon the burglars knew I'd gone out & simply smashed the bathroom window. All our DVDs, CDs, my car stereo facia and a few other things. We were able to claim everything back on Insurance but it's such a horrid feeling that some a-hole has been in your house. I know we all say we'd have a go, but would we? One on one, sure. More of them? Not sure. They all just want to get away and will do pretty much anything not to get caught. Bar stewards.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 17 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm

Whooooaaaaaaa Anthony Crolla

Whoooaaaaaaaa Anthony Crolla

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 17 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm

Until it happens to you I guess you can't say how you'd react. The red mist might descend. If I was thinking clearly, I'd let them take what they wanted and let them go. It's just possessions, the risk of some drug crazed to$$er pulling a blade on you just isn't worth it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm

Some people hide, some people freeze and some people like me and Duncan Ferganson lock the front and back door and unleash the fury.

As famous Dublin underworld boss The Monk famously responded when asked what he did when he found a man burglaring his house:

"I called him an ambulance"

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm

I'm sure you don't just sit there kakking yourself.

You don't half try hard Strongy.....................

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:30 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I'm sure you don't just sit there kakking yourself.

You don't half try hard Strongy.....................

Not everybody is weak minded like you. Some people like myself are strong and have the minerals.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm

I personally think you'd Poopie yourself and lock the doors as you just come across as the type to do it. You shout about how 'great' you are far too much for even half of what you say to be real.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:40 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I personally think you'd Poopie yourself and lock the doors as you just come across as the type to do it. You shout about how 'great' you are far too much for even half of what you say to be real.

Look if you can't handle the truth then just ignore me. I don't want you feeling inferior.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:44 pm

I would feel more inferior to my dog than I would to you buddy.

I'm honestly a little bit worried about you due to your unobtainable fantasy's. PM if you ever need a chat about as the only person your fooling here is yourself.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:54 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I would feel more inferior to my dog than I would to you buddy.

I'm honestly a little bit worried about you due to your unobtainable fantasy's. PM if you ever need a chat about as the only person your fooling here is yourself.

Laugh

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm

Doors always open, I had a mate that suffered from grand delusions so am here to help.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 17 Dec 2014, 10:58 pm

You're the gift that doesn't stop giving.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Dec 2014, 11:01 pm

Well I do like to help those less fortunate.

I've been lucky enough to overcome some certain bits and bobs myself so like to help where I can.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 18 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm

Typical. Guy does the decent and brave thing and gets punished for it.

Our justice system is a disgrace. I know vile scum that has got off with all sorts or have received soft sentences.

I might go about dressed as batman to clean the streets but only I drive a transit and will carry a hammer

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 19 Dec 2014, 7:16 am

Read hammer as hamster in error (as too early in the morning), but did set my mind to lots of wild speculation ....

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 8:50 am

I have visions of Richard Gere deliberately committing offences in Adam's neck of the woods and making very little effort to evade capture

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

AdamT, stars as the redoubtable rodent and vermin vigilante.....

Faster than a speeding guinea pig, more powerful than a gerbil, able to jump on to a spinning wheel in a single bound.... Its hamsterman.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:26 am

DAVE667 wrote:I have visions of Richard Gere deliberately committing offences in Adam's neck of the woods and making very little effort to evade capture

You're on thin ice Dave. I will tie you up and force you to listen to 1.d while watching endless highlights of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:43 am

I'll throw in a frozen DVD you can stick on for him too Adam Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:44 am

Derbymanc wrote:I'll throw in a frozen DVD you can stick on for him too Adam Wink

Sounds good man Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:53 am

Just for you guys (and gals)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, Let it go
You'll never see me cry

I don't care,
what they're going to say,
let the storm rage on,
the cold never bothered me anyway

Taken from "The Tyson Fury Story"

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

Can't see it at work! what is it?/

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

DAVE667 wrote:Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, Let it go
You'll never see me cry

I don't care,
what they're going to say,
let the storm rage on,
the cold never bothered me anyway

Taken from "The Tyson Fury Story"

HAHA

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:17 am

clap Very good Dave, bet you'll be humming that all day now Wink

It's Pacman singing Let it go Adam, as you can guess, it's amazing!!!!!!!!

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:22 am

I love Manny!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

He's the man of a million talents (well some anyway ;-)

Disney need to snap him up for Disney on Ice, stick a blue dress and blonde wig on him (could get tips off DLH;) and you'd never know the difference.*

*God i'm sooooo bored today, I should be tidying up

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:31 am

Derbymanc wrote:He's the man of a million talents (well some anyway ;-)

Disney need to snap him up for Disney on Ice, stick a blue dress and blonde wig on him (could get tips off DLH;) and you'd never know the difference.*

*God i'm sooooo bored today, I should be tidying up

I'm for a work do at 12.00. So will just drink myself into oblivion

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:52 am

Derbymanc wrote:clap Very good Dave, bet you'll be humming that all day now Wink

(to the tune of "Reindeer are better than people)

Amir is better than Manny
Floyd don't you think that's right?
No, can't you tell, Amir will not sell
So he doesn't get the fight.

But Floyd, Amir's younger and faster
And may just cause problems for you
No I disagree, I'm faster than he
So a fight with Amir I'll not do

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:54 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:clap Very good Dave, bet you'll be humming that all day now Wink

Not bad Dave, not bad at all!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

DAVE667 wrote:

Where's JohnDaChef when you need him?

Was thinking the other day where all the old faces have gone. Likes of Chirstopher Wasp, Imperial Ghost, ScottRF (total numpti) and co.. and who was that total boobie who made the claim that Margarito was handicapped by having plaster in his gloves because it would hurt his hands punching?!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:00 am

the numptys on a different board, dunno if he got banned but I do know he doesn't like it over here cause we don't all fall over Manny (well words to that effect.)

Absolutely brilliant that Dave.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Not bad Dave, not bad at all!
Feel free to put it to music and bombard Floyd's twitter account. Eddie Hearn stole my "Unfinished Business" tagline for Froch/Groves II so I don't expect any credit for being the person responsible for Floyd Mayweather suffering humiliation and ridicule as everyone sings that song to him at every given opportunity...F*CK IT, send it to GBP too and let's see if it goes viral.

It's my Christmas gift to the world

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:38 am

Coxy001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Where's JohnDaChef when you need him?

Was thinking the other day where all the old faces have gone. Likes of Chirstopher Wasp, Imperial Ghost, ScottRF (total numpti) and co.. and who was that total boobie who made the claim that Margarito was handicapped by having plaster in his gloves because it would hurt his hands punching?!

The good posters have all left coxy, but imperial ghost is still here as hammersmith harrier. Only teasing hammy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next