The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

andy Lee vs BJS

+10
hampo17
Seanusarrilius
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
jimdig
Herman Jaeger
kingraf
Steffan
Strongback
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
14 posters

Go down

andy Lee vs BJS Empty andy Lee vs BJS

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:02 am

Looks like the WBO just announced this for march next year. Should be a good fight but I think BJS is a bit too green. Lee by points for me

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

andy Lee vs BJS Empty Re: andy Lee vs BJS

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:47 am

Lee on points really?

Yes lee has done well to win a title bit was being putboxed in his last two fights but his big ko power in his right hand got him out of trouble

Bjs struggled with eubanks size but he showed his great boxing skills at time too

Think he out points Lee and don't think he will get smashed by lees right as he won't go for the KO and walk onto something silly

Bjs by close points victory

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:52 am

Is this the first world title fight to be contested by two travelers?

Last edited by Strongback on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:02 am

Lee will lose

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:06 am

Ooh, I'd say Lee continues doing what he normally does and gets outboxed before landing a howitzer. To be honest, I don't think BJ has the defensive acumen to keep Lee out of the chicken coop for twelve rounds. At some point Lee sneaks through and knocks him out. One of the things about Lee is that he's actually a pretty sharp puncher, in terms of not wasting any geometry. Tends to complete the punch in the shortest arc required. If Eubanks was landing with his baseball style wind ups, I have to think Lee wins as I rate he's a much larger puncher than Eubanks.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:24 am

Good little fight.

I'll stick my neck out tentatively and go BJS points if he doesn't walk on to anything silly. Pleased for Lee though the other day so will be watching this interesting technical matchup as a neutral.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Raf had nailed the analysis for me. Lee to nail bjs at some point. Although lee hasn't looked it of late, he is a classy boxer. He was an Amature world champ or pretty close, he's aquired this new power, which for me gives him more in his toolbox than billy joe. Lee by late round KO.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 am

BJS on points. Although BJS is very vulnerable in the late rounds and could see himself caught by one of Lees big hooks and would be interesting to see if he can take a shot like that
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:41 pm

No sooner had Andy lee won the belt, he's immediately ordered to go to purse bids with BJS. The mystery of commission governance continues.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:45 am

Lee by late KO or BJS points. Lee has been getting out-boxed by both of his last two opponents, but was able to pull out the KO. BJS is a good boxer, and could be up on points late into the fight. But Lee carries pop. I think he can stop BJS late when he tires. A great little fight for us.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:08 am

jimdig wrote:No sooner had Andy lee won the belt, he's immediately ordered to go to purse bids with BJS. The mystery of commission governance continues.

It's no mystery with the WBO sadly Jim, just like when they stripped Algeri for fighting Pacquiao, the WBO can't wait to get that belt off you if you don't pay towards their christmas party.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:11 am

jimdig wrote:No sooner had Andy lee won the belt, he's immediately ordered to go to purse bids with BJS. The mystery of commission governance continues.

I watched an interview with Adam Booth on Kuggan Cassius's channel and it seemed they'd gone into talks with BJS's people a while before both guys fights and if both won this fight was gonna happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:18 am

BJS was the mandatory. He stepped aside to fight Eubank under the condition he got first crack at Lee if he won. All agreed beforehand. Lee was about 4 on the ranking list so was lucky to get the shot. Nobody is being screwed.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:09 am

I'd see it from the opposite angle Sean. BJS forfeited his mandatory status for a money fight with eubank. Only due to franks wbo connections, bjs really didn't forfeit anything, he gets an immediate fight with lee. 
I don't see it as open and honest I'm afraid, I see it as certain promotors having hold of all the strings. Personally I'm happy with the matchmaking, but I don't see it as above board.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:20 am

Nothing is above board with any of the sanctioning bodies. I just thought you meant Lee had somehow been forced into it, which isn't the case. But you are correct, Warren has been in bed with the WBO for years.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 am

Agreed, it's all over the place really. Even sticking to the wbo, manny I'd guess would not be forced into fighting a mandatory if it did suit him, or if that fighter was outside of top rank for that matter. There certainly wouldn't be an immediate ultimatum. 

I don't even think lee is being discriminated against, it's just par for the course regarding the sanctioning bodies. I doubt lee is even that bothered, there were probably strings pulled for him to fight korobov.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:47 am

Lee probably fancies the BJS fight, tbh. After his last two knockouts he will feel pretty confident.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:41 am

Right now I can't see anything other than a Lee win, BJS will win rounds but if he can't avoid the wild swings of Eubank then I don't think he'll avoid the more measured Lee right hand and if he connects he'll knock him out.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Definitely a lot to like in this fight. Two guys we're all familiar with from these shores or around them and from what I can see a very competitive fight that's hard to call with any real certainty.

Saunders has got the hand speed, the punch variety, the footwork etc. His problems are that he seems to tire down the stretch in fights, doesn't have a massive punch on him and his defence tends to lapse as fights as they go towards the championship rounds, too. He showed he's got a solid set of whiskers against Eubank Jr, but even then Eubank had him shaken up two or three times - and those big shots didn't start landing until about the seventh, eighth round in that fight. Eubank Jr didn't give himself enough time to complete the turnaround after giving away almost all of the early rounds, but suffice to say I'd be surprised if Lee doesn't start testing Saunders' chin a few rounds earlier than Eubank did.

As others have said, Saunders on points or Lee by knockout / stoppage, quite likely while behind on points, seem the most obvious choices here. I'm leaning to Saunders by decision right now. Lee's looking more comfortable at close range now and obviously his power is a weapon, but he can't rely on one-punch salvos all the time and in typical Booth style he's working at a relatively serene pace in fights and biding his time with a quality over quantity approach, so he's not particularly suited to taking advantage of Saunders' questionable stamina / conditioning.

I just think Saunders has got a little bit more to win with and has more scope for improvement than Lee does, so I'll say he takes it on points. But it's a very interesting fight and I wouldn't bet anything on it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:55 am

Yeh good analysis Chris as always.

I'd go with a Lee stoppage late on or a BJS UD.....

If it is a BJS win, then that surely sets up a rematch with Eubank Jr for a world title....that would be a massive fight as the first one was good (I had BJS winning handily but some had it a hell of a lot closer.)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:56 am

Lee has been operating at a better level than BJS for quite a while now and he has world title fight experience. I think this will be a factor as well as Lee having a good boxing brain. He has rounded out his style with Booth who has built on Manny's foundations. I have no doubt Lee will be as good as BJS in the boxing stakes. Lee is a decent boxer especially at Euro/ fringe world level standard.

My money is on Lee winning comfortably after some well contested early rounds. As I said above I definitively do not subscribe to the theory that BJS will be comfortably the better boxer.

One thing that has impressed me with Saunders has been his ability to pull through in tight fights. He has a lot of heart and that is worth its weight in gold in the hurt business.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:28 am

Fancy you picking Lee to win............. Rolling Eyes

Lee as good as BJS in the Boxing stakes Rolling Eyes ..........Gave up reading after that !!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 am

Watching the darts Truss?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:35 am

Lescargo has ....

But I haven't been in much since i got back....but I like watching the Van Gerwen guy...

Hope he wins..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fancy you picking Lee to win............. Rolling Eyes

Lee as good as BJS in the Boxing stakes  Rolling Eyes ..........Gave up reading after that !!!!!

Andy Lee can box going right back to the amateurs.

If the odds are any way decent I'll be going all in on Lee. Unfortunately I have a feeling the bookies will see it the same way I do

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Carl Froch could box going right back to the amateurs, I wouldn't say it's a major strength of his now and he was a slightly better amateur as well.

For boxing skill BJS has the advantage but his lack of top level power compared to Lee's right hand is a big equalizer for the Irishman.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 pm

I think Lee gets outboxed early but lands a big one and wins mid to late...

Saunders has trouble sustaining..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:53 am

I see it that Lee's boxing skills are being underestimated. Time will be the teller of all things.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down