The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well known dick-head acts like a dick

5 posters

Go down

Well known dick-head acts like a dick Empty Well known dick-head acts like a dick

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 11 Jan 2015, 1:15 am

It will come as a huge surprise to anyone with a bit of football knowledge outside the Premier League to find that Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has today used social media to act like a dick. Not happy with his team losing to Colchester and the Posh being 11th in League One he took to Twitter to vent his feelings.

MacAnthony's list of grievances was:

"...that it's always the manager who is held responsible when a team of players fold like a stack of cards when the going gets tough!"
"... that our team can play with that kind of tempo/intensity for first 25 minutes, then follow that up with the 65 minutes we all witnessed!"
"... that a player of Joe Newell's ability can miss an open goal from five yards out early on. He should be scoring 10/15 a season."
"...that a striker I paid half a million for, minutes before Colchester score, scuffs great chance eight yards out with nobody near him."
"... that Bossie allows their top scorer to get in front of him to tap in their first goal, shouldn't happen!"
"... that our centre back runs 50 yards to edge of opposition's box, doesn't pass or shoot but loses ball & they go other end and score."
"... that both our full-backs who had plenty of the ball couldn't deliver any crosses of any merit or quality or with urgency."
"...that we had a ref who cost us Crewe game because of incorrect decision was given us again, then sent manager off and many yellows today!"
"... that as going has got tough many thousands of fans have bit like our players, have folded and taken their ball and gone home!"
"...Tomorrow I'll still pay the bills & next Saturday will pay thousands to watch my team play & hopefully win."
"... that our goalkeeper had three shots to save all game but we conceded two goals!"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Well known dick-head acts like a dick Empty Re: Well known dick-head acts like a dick

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 11 Jan 2015, 9:12 am

Laugh Tbf more chairmans should do it. Shows he cares at the end of the day.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Well known dick-head acts like a dick Empty Re: Well known dick-head acts like a dick

Post by lfc91 Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:56 am

I don't see much wrong with someone pointing that out about their side. Ive aimed almost every one of those critisisms at Liverpool this season! Suppose the chairman of a club is in a different position than an armchair critic though so should know better, but every one of us know how angry and peeved off football can make you in just 90 minutes! Turns even the most rational men into raving lunatics at times!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:17 am

Imagine one of the players did similar about his policies at the club? Some know nothing just has a huge pop, but stupid. Lose your motivation a touch, specially the comment where he basically begs someone to argue with him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 12 Jan 2015, 2:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It will come as a huge surprise to anyone with a bit of football knowledge outside the Premier League to find that Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has today used social media to act like a dick. Not happy with his team losing to Colchester and the Posh being 11th in League One he took to Twitter to vent his feelings.

MacAnthony's list of grievances was:

"...that it's always the manager who is held responsible when a team of players fold like a stack of cards when the going gets tough!" FAIR ENOUGH PLAYERS NEED A BOOT SOMETIMES
"... that our team can play with that kind of tempo/intensity for first 25 minutes, then follow that up with the 65 minutes we all witnessed!" THIRD OF GAME OK 2 THIRDS NOT? HAPPENS AT EVERY LEVEL
"... that a player of Joe Newell's ability can miss an open goal from five yards out early on. He should be scoring 10/15 a season." ANNOYING BUT HAPPENS - DOUBT HE DID IT ON PURPOSE
"...that a striker I paid half a million for, minutes before Colchester score, scuffs great chance eight yards out with nobody near him." FRUSTRATING, BUT IF HE SCORED EVERYTHING YOU'D HAVE HAD TO PAY 90 MILLION FOR HIM
"... that Bossie allows their top scorer to get in front of him to tap in their first goal, shouldn't happen!" SHOULDN'T, BUT DOES IT'S WHAT THEY PAY THEIR STRIKERS TO DO AGAINST YOUR DEFENDERS
"... that our centre back runs 50 yards to edge of opposition's box, doesn't pass or shoot but loses ball & they go other end and score." ANNOYING - AGREE WITH THIS ONE IF IT'S TRUE
"... that both our full-backs who had plenty of the ball couldn't deliver any crosses of any merit or quality or with urgency." SHUT UP, SELL THEM AND GET NEW ONES THEN, WINDOW'S OPEN FELLA
"...that we had a ref who cost us Crewe game because of incorrect decision was given us again, then sent manager off and many yellows today!" REF IT YOURSELF THEN, SURE THE OPPOSITION WOULD BE HAPPY AS YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY FIFA STANDARD REF AND NOT BIASED AT ALL
"... that as going has got tough many thousands of fans have bit like our players, have folded and taken their ball and gone home!" IF THE PRODUCT IS Poopie...
"...Tomorrow I'll still pay the bills & next Saturday will pay thousands to watch my team play & hopefully win." GOOD ON YOU, GUESS THIS IS WHAT YOU FEEL ENTITLES YOU TO ERUPT, CRACK ON
"... that our goalkeeper had three shots to save all game but we conceded two goals!" [sic] DEM's DE BREAKS KID

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 10 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm

I saw the title of this thread and looked in on the assumption that it just had to be about Wayne Rooney.

I'm astounded to find out that it isn't.

As for the real subject matter, all I can say is that at least he has taken a proactive attitude and identifies areas that, if rectified, might just make Peterborough a better team. I bet Charlton would exchange Roland Duchatelet for him in a heartbeat.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down