The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage VI

+11
CJB
Driver
Ozzy3213
dammit_chris
LukeLovesLuka
prop_lyd
Steven_Sharks
Fluxy
ChequeredJersey
BamBam
SirJohnnyEnglish
15 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 Empty Season 7 Homepage VI

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Wed 14 Jan 2015, 3:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Saints & Harlequins pick up strong bonus point wins while the battle for top 6 heats up with Gloucester & Saracens good form continuing. 

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 9Northampton Saints 1412023983445444327257
2Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 12Sale Sharks *1411033893474243314350
3Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 6London Wasps *      1410133883622641344247
4Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 7Harlequins *148243923573539342441
5Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 4Leicester Tigers14617339347-828310733
6Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 11Saracens   14617341358-1730320733
7Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 48Exeter Chiefs *14545338352-1428310532
8Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 2Gloucester 14518357358-131320729
9Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 1Bath Rugby *14518361366-535351829
10Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 8Newcastle Falcons *14419344370-2631342726
11Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 5London Irish142210341378-3730391922
12Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 50London Welsh143011323377-5427390719

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:00 pm; edited 5 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage VI - Page 7 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage VI

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:05 am

Sean Maitland to Irish confirmed.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:12 am

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Off skiing in the morning - not back till Tuesday so unlikely I'll be predicting.
Enjoy Luke thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:12 am

Good digging along with Franks. Nice to see you looking elsewhere than the championship

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 22 Jan 2015, 9:13 am

Steven_Sharks wrote:Roko out of both squads. Why was he picked in AI's?
Injured. Did his hamstring in against Wasps scoring his try.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:06 am

Now I've got agulla and Welch in where should I look at in foregins or should it still be a 7? If so, as I don't know many available, are there any useful uncapped ones about? A
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:09 am

Look at the argentine's Prop, I like the look of Desio, looks a unit.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:33 am

Guys, do you think George McGuigan is of sufficient quality to be used as my 3rd hooker?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:48 am

Yarde does have issues with his workrate it is very obvious when you watch him play for england and I have pointed it out several times.

Hard to defend as a back 3 unit with Yarde. He also needs to work on how to deal with the kick in behind. Ball in hand he offers loads and I am sure he will sort his faults.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:50 am

dammit_chris wrote:Lawes out for at least first 2-3 games.

Steve agree with you on the team as am sure that is what Lancaster will pick, although he's put Webber in the Saxons so imagine it will be Youngs on the bench.

Read that they want Yarde to work on his work rate a bit more. Surprised Wade isn't there, as Nowell has some defensive issues too but I don't think anyone matches Wade in attack in Europe.

Yarde does have issues with his workrate it is very obvious when you watch him play for england and I have pointed it out several times.

Hard to defend as a back 3 unit with Yarde. He also needs to work on how to deal with the kick in behind. Ball in hand he offers loads and I am sure he will sort his faults.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 22 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

BamBam wrote:Guys, do you think George McGuigan is of sufficient quality to be used as my 3rd hooker?

Its a tough one. He is fine for the bench in my view but as games get closer he might be picked out as a weakness when looking for things to seperate teams.

I wouldn't start him myself in AP games.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 22 Jan 2015, 11:03 am

Steven_Sharks wrote:
BamBam wrote:Guys, do you think George McGuigan is of sufficient quality to be used as my 3rd hooker?

Its a tough one. He is fine for the bench in my view but as games get closer he might be picked out as a weakness when looking for things to seperate teams.

Cheers Steve. I wouldn't look to start him at all other than LV, but as a bench option behind Coles for the 6N, or behind Best for the RC

I guess I'm comparing him to Huia Edmonds, who in all honesty I don't know a lot about!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm

Steven_Sharks wrote:

Agree with Steve. His darts have been abysmal when starting but not so bad off the bench. If he could throw he'd be starting for us.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 22 Jan 2015, 12:50 pm

Edmonds went to France last I heard and haven't really heard anything off of him, struggled with the move to NH when he came to Glos.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 22 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm

Tommy O'Donnell Prop?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm

I think he fine for bench and agree fully with Steve.
That

re open side I would go for Jordi Murphy been great for leinster and should start for Ireland i believe

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 22 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

Is Rhys Ruddock in the releases on here?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 22 Jan 2015, 1:11 pm

Ruddock is with Falcons!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:56 pm

Juan de Jongh for sale

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 22 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

I want to go for Murphy but don't think I'll have enough cash by end of window!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

A few months ago I posted that Henson had been in talks with Bristol. He signed Thursday.

His agent was being really difficult but Henson himself stepped in and finished the deal for much less than the agent wanted but still ok money,

My pal the Bristol coach who was the one who wanted to sign him despite robinsons reservations said it was Henson and his attitude that impressed and sealed the deal.

First person to ever praise hensons attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm

I think he realises that his time is limited now and that there are only a few more seasons he can be involved at that level. And IF Bristol get up and he keeps them up to help establish themselves in the AP, that would be seen as a great end to his career and good business for Brizzle.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:40 pm

Think Henson could be decent for Bristol of they come up. He has signed as a 12 and not demanded 10 like he wanted via his agent.

Assume he will be back up 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm

Fluxy wrote:I think he realises that his time is limited now and that there are only a few more seasons he can be involved at that level. And IF Bristol get up and he keeps them up to help establish themselves in the AP, that would be seen as a great end to his career and good business for Brizzle.

Agree flux

Bristol close to announcing a decent back row signing also

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

Hopefully they don't come up and he'll be stuck in Champ

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm

As a rugby fan I want the best players and best teams in the AP. It will make the National side better and boost revenues etc.

I think unless your team is vying with Bristol for promotion you are anti the game of rugby not wanting them in the prem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:56 pm

As a Falcons point of view, I'd like them to perhaps not come up as it would make it much harder for us to stay to in the AP. But I do agree with you Matt.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 3:57 pm

Anti the game of rugby for preferring Worcester to come up? Slightly melodramatic there Matthew....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:00 pm

No not all. Bristol have a great infrastructure. Money, fans and history.

The game is better with Bristol in the prem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:14 pm

I'd prefer Worcester to come up as I dislike Bristol hugely. Hopefully they'll choke again, they certainly have history in that aspect.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:43 pm

I'd prefare Worcester when you look at how many England players they have rolled out in the last few years. Hartley , Wood , Pennall
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 23 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

Not sure how Bristol coming up will make the national team better. Most of their first XV appear to be Welsh!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:01 pm

I don't have any real preference as to who comes up this year. Bristol will make it a tougher league for sure, and in some ways I'd look forward to that as a challenge for Irish. I do like Worcester though, and think they're going about their business in the right way and deserve a bit of success.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:05 pm

Or does the AP become a 14 team league and ring fenced?  Run

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:12 pm

Valid points, Wuss have produced some real talent recently. Hopefully they can do it, I like what they're building there rather than just signing Welsh players as Bristol seem to do.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:15 pm

And we miss out on another Exeter Chiefs?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 23 Jan 2015, 5:16 pm

Think they have less than 10 welsh in their squad Pete - thought it was more myself before making the mistake of telling a Bristol fan he supported the welsh 5th region.

Bristol/Worcestor v even this season, in terms of performance hard to split - Bristol have better players though and would be better in AP as have finances to make signings to compete.

Imagine promotion from Championship will be ring fenced within next 5 years, as RFU aren't supporting the clubs enough and it's failing a bit.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:26 pm

Worcester's EQ player ratio is around 60% with Bristol much lower at around 40%.

Interestingly Welsh have a raitio of over 50%.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:38 pm

Look at the amount of players Bristol have produced over time.

Wuss a manufactured club and generally buy up glos reject youth but have made them good. Fair play to them.

Bristol produced vunipolas recently amongst others. Lost a lot of good youth to prem teams by not being in prem Atwood etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

Worcester also produce and probably more tbh. If you were looking at it from an England point of view Worcester would be a smarter choice to come up.

Mullen, Kvesic, Kitchener, Wood, Hartley.....all around the England set-up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:44 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Worcester also produce and probably more tbh. If you were looking at it from an England point of view Worcester would be a smarter choice to come up.

Mullen, Kvesic, Kitchener, Wood, Hartley.....all around the England set-up.

Agree that is decent but they are some of the only ones ever in their history.

Bristol corry hilton regan Clarke barnes Webb shaw Rees hill Sheridan archer hull etc. List endless. It's a hot bed of rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:50 pm

There's been very little input in the last 5/10 years from Bristol.

It's pretty obvious Worcester have developed more players recently and only somebody who was anti the national set-up would prefer Bristol to come up instead of them Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:10 am

How would people rate Sean Polwart? Just signed for Waikato Chiefs.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 24 Jan 2015, 4:24 pm

Never heard of him Prop.

Metro having a blinder at Franklins

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 24 Jan 2015, 4:59 pm

Crazy scoreline, Imhoff bag 2?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:23 pm

Bobby Vickers , Socino , Alex Tait all with a double for Falcons with Andy Davies grabbing one and a penalty try.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:53 pm

Imhoff was very good

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:36 pm

Steven_Sharks wrote:Imhoff was very good

Very good player. Does not have the best strike rate but is a real poacher. Shows how negatively racing generally play.

I know pooly was never a fan and did not rate him and signed him only because he was short on the wings but I have always thought he is not far off world class and was gutted to release him as he was not that appreciated on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:47 pm

Some big results today, watched most of Ulster Tigers game, Tigers are now probably in for a hard season. 

Wood a doubt for Six Nations, and I don't wish for him to be injured but it might be good for both him and England as he can take some time off and comeback fresh and Lancaster can experiment with Haskell in the back row.

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jan 2015, 10:54 pm

Fluxy wrote:Some big results today, watched most of Ulster Tigers game, Tigers are now probably in for a hard season. 

Wood a doubt for Six Nations, and I don't wish for him to be injured but it might be good for both him and England as he can take some time off and comeback fresh and Lancaster can experiment with Haskell in the back row.

I am woods biggest fan but he is dreadfully out of form. I
Have said before I think at top top level Saints lack quality in key positions 9,10 and have no plan B.

Haskell in great form
As a 7
But is more
Of a 6.5.

Lancaster has doubts about Burrell at top level according to a few papers and after his performance you can see why.
Apparently lancaster questions his concentrations
And contact skills.

I would start him as we have no other options but that
Performance today was
Alarming.

Racing turned up for a change

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next