The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

+24
88Chris05
trottb
sittingringside
hazharrison
Knowsit17
wheelchair1991
Atila
lfc91
smashingstormcrow
tunes666
AdamT
Steffan
ShahenshahG
catchweight
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
theanimal316
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
kingraf
Dipper Brown
Coxy001
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!! Empty Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:22 am

Unbeaten, charismatic-ish, Aesthetic-ish, Exciting and most of importantly American......Wilder has hit the jackpot. A titlist in the Blue riband division.

Usually a good Heavy division is synergetic so let's hope it's the start of a new chapter....With Joshua flowing through the ranks good things may come to the greatest Division in Boxing..

Like it or not...Wilder has become the golden boy of Boxing....The new apparent-saviour to the Heavy division ....hopefully !!.

Now you've hit the jackpot and money and fame is all yours here is what you do...

1. Hit every show and News channel you can and make sure everyone knows you're the Heavy champ......Even go on The View and charm Whoopi....

2. Don't unify with Klitty bang bang. You don't need him !!. No one in America is interested in him. Don't give him the chance to stink out the MGM !!.. and more importantly take your piece of pie and put Boxing through another couple of years of monotony. Just ignore him and hope he goes away.......You have America......Let him have Europe !!.

3. Defend against Tyson Fury.....He'll think he has a chance against you... so I'm sure he'll turn down klit for you!!....He's got a big gob, the hype will be great and he'll have a lot of Irish fans to bring to the party !!......He's the only contender out there liable to make Klit look interesting. So steal his thunder !!..You'll beat him and he'll make you look good !!

4. Put on 10/15 pounds.............Do some squats and build up them legs............You can carry more weight without it being a problem....219 is way too light....

5. Don't answer any more calls from Charlie Zelenoff ! Cool

Boy done good................Now keep it going..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!! Empty Re: Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

Post by Derbymanc Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:41 am

Well done to Wilder for winning, but ignore Wlad and regardless of what happens you'll forever be known as a second rate champion. In a division seemingly devoid of talent you've got to beat the best.

Wald could be great nobody really knows it because of the talent, whilst you've got the chance take it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!! Empty Re: Deontay Wilder - You've hit the jackpot....Now don't lose the ticket !!!!

Post by Coxy001 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:45 am

Looking forwards to AJ putting this phony to sleep. Another overhyped yank getting whooped by the more advanced Brit is coming up soon!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:45 am

Mayweather is regarded as a second rate Champion on here by many.......

I care about the Sport..........The Heavy division desperastely needs a facelift...

Wilder/Joshua..............Someone needs to take it out of the rut it's in..

Heavy division is the blue riband division............Always has been....

Bollox to Wlad..........

Holmes isn't regarded as second rate !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:47 am

Coxy001 wrote:Looking forwards to AJ putting this phony to sleep. Another overhyped yank getting whooped by the more advanced Brit is coming up soon!

History is full of overhyped Yanks getting beaten up by more advanced Brits..... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:48 am

Klitschko is irrelevant, he's not American. Why sell out stadiums in bizarristan when you can sell 8,000 tickets in Vegas, the Mecca of boxing?

Something like that, right Truss?

All jokes aside, from what I've heard Wilder showed an extra dimension and put himself on the map last night. Good to see someone making a name for themselves in the division.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:56 am

He isn't relevant to Wilder and his hopes of fame and fortune...

No one is interested in Wlad outside Europe..

Never said he wasn't relevant................Ottke was relevant.

Pedroza wasn't necessary for Sanchez...

Doesn't need him Mate....

The only fight I'd like to see Wlad in ...........Is with a 20ft anaconda.....

To see who squeezes who into submission !!

Just as happy to have seen Joshua beat Stiverne last night !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:56 am

Sorry Truss, if you care as much as you say you do then you want the best fighting the best, not avoiding them for as long as they can.

Mayweather isn't regarded as second rate by most, he's just seen as a bit of a cherrypicking, women beating tw@t with no regard for the fans. (Manny's not given a free ride either btw)

If Deontay is as good as you think he is then he should take on Wlad, beat him and put boxing back on the map in USA (you do not he fights in front of massive crowds elsewhere though don't you.) It's a fight Wilder can make a lot of money in and win or lose it's about the performance he puts in.

Bit like someone (dunno who,) stating that Price/Fury/AJ should face Wlad asap before they lose and ruin the chance, same goes for Wilder.

But we're all entitled to different opinions Cool

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 11:58 am

Derbymanc wrote:Sorry Truss, if you care as much as you say you do then you want the best fighting the best, not avoiding them for as long as they can.

Mayweather isn't regarded as second rate by most, he's just seen as a bit of a cherrypicking, women beating tw@t with no regard for the fans. (Manny's not given a free ride either btw)

If Deontay is as good as you think he is then he should take on Wlad, beat him and put boxing back on the map in USA (you do not he fights in front of massive crowds elsewhere though don't you.) It's a fight Wilder can make a lot of money in and win or lose it's about the performance he puts in.

Bit like someone (dunno who,) stating that Price/Fury/AJ should face Wlad asap before they lose and ruin the chance, same goes for Wilder.

But we're all entitled to different opinions Cool

That's bollox.................I care because I don't want to see the title once owned by Sullivan/Louis/Ali being hidden away by two stinking brothers in Germany...

I have my own way of "Caring"....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:03 pm

"Hidden away"... Lol... Make it sound like they've ducked someone... Much better for belts to be hidden Vegas in front of a handful of paying fans, and some drunks who were handed complementaries
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:06 pm

Off topic section has shown where you are coming from as regards America....

Get rid of that chip..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:06 pm

Yeah and it's only about the americans rather than the sport as a whole. If Deontay wants to prove he's the real deal and THE big talent then he should fight the best in the division. If Wlad is as bad as you think then he should be capable of beating him. I suspect you know this is not the case and would rather the belt stagnated around Wilder's waist.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:09 pm

Mayweather hasn't proved that apparently..Derby !!

So what chance has Wilder got....

If he beats Wlad...............Wlad is nearly 40 and past it !!.......Just like Alvarez is a no good zombie and Manny/Cotto are shells If they fight this year....

You guys should be glad we have someone interesting on top..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm

Well he hasn't fought Manny yet, fought at catchweights and calls the fans out. Puts polls on twitter and ignores them and is generally a horrible sportsman.

We haven't got someone interesting on top, we've got another american that hits his missus and thinks battering someone that might possibly have mental issues is a good thing to do.

He's not top of the division, he's a belt holder (Like Scott Quigg) if he takes on Wlad, gives a good account of himself and loses, then he deserves plaudits (Even moreso if he wins) If he fights the lower echelons of the division (Or starts dragging Cruisers up) then he quite rightly deserves derision (Like Scotty Quigg).

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:14 pm

Derbymanc wrote:We haven't got someone interesting on top, we've got another american that hits his missus and thinks battering someone that might possibly have mental issues is a good thing to do.

Tyson wasn't interesting was he ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:18 pm

I see Truss' logic with Wilder but I'm a boxing fan. I'm not a promoter or Wilder's manager. I want to see the best fight the best.

Right now, Wilder is a titlist in a division that has a dominant champion and I don't like the idea of a champion for each continent.

Wlad isn't comparable to Ottke because there isn't a JOE Calzaghe in the heavyweight division. If you want to be considered the best, you have to beat Wlad, simple as that. He's not 'hidden away in Germany', that's ridiculous. It's not a third world country no one has heard of and his following there is huge. That's his bread and butter. Strangely insular argument.

(Derby, I was going to compare Wilder to Quigg but thought I was being too harsh on him after his big moment!)

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:19 pm

Well Derby.....good luck with the can of worms you have just spilt over the forum :-)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:I see Truss' logic with Wilder but I'm a boxing fan. I'm not a promoter or Wilder's manager. I want to see the best fight the best.

Some Boxing fan that thinks it's a good thing having a boring stinker who no one gives a toss about outside Germany as Champion of the greatest prize in Sports !!..

That kind of Boxing fan is just what we need !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:22 pm

Is it really a suprise that the resident American is playing accountant with Wilder? Quite amusing how you are trying to justify a titlist not unifying... You're bordering on pathetic really.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

You're thinking solely as an American, I would wager that Wlad has far more fans than Wilder ever will, he's got Germany and the whole of Eastern Europe as well as a large portion of Russia.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm

But he is the champion Truss. Burying your head in the sand and calling your own the best in an attempt to call him irrelevant won't change that.

I think Mayweather is boring. But he's no. 1 in the division. What's the solution to that? Khan and Brook fighting in Wembley for the 'welterweight championship of the wooooooorld'? Then afterwards I can say that Floyd isn't relevant because he's not from the north of England?

You sound like a boozed up James Toney this morning, mate!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:29 pm

It's ridiculous. Wladimir made more for Pulev than the combined purses of the last two Green belt matches on American soil.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:30 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:But he is the champion Truss. Burying your head in the sand and calling your own the best in an attempt to call him irrelevant won't change that.

I think Mayweather is boring. But he's no. 1 in the division. What's the solution to that? Khan and Brook fighting in Wembley for the 'welterweight championship of the wooooooorld'? Then afterwards I can say that Floyd isn't relevant because he's not from the north of England?

You sound like a boozed up James Toney this morning, mate!

This is a country that tried to erase five years of boxing history just because the un-American Lennox Lewis won the world title, it's what they do and what they have always done.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You're thinking solely as an American, I would wager that Wlad has far more fans than Wilder ever will, he's got Germany and the whole of Eastern Europe as well as a large portion of Russia.

There are a lot of undemanding sorts about.....So you may have a point.

You make it in America......Calzaghe, Hatton, Lewis, Khan, Naz all realised that.....simple as.

Unfortunately unless Sanders and Brewster are battering him............No one is interested.

Wilder doesn't need him...............Joshua doesn't need him !!

Like I said but Kingy is too stupid to understand !!..............Wilder, Joshua and even Fury are preferable to this stink hole..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

Have a feeling Briggs might get the first defence unfortunately. The American networks would love to put on an all American heavyweight title fight.

Fair play to Wilder but agree with most that he is just a belt holder and not the heavyweight champion of the world. Good luck to him if he does take on Wlad, that's what we all want to see. One champion per division.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:33 pm

Its good that he won but I have seen him get slapped by Haye in sparring. The fear is that Haye, ever the opportunist, will fancy his chances and spark daddy long legs out setting up a rematch with Wlad which will mean having to see Haye prostitute himself all over the media wearing his damn Haymaker t-shirts in a array of colors.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

theanimal316 wrote:Have a feeling Briggs might get the first defence unfortunately. The American networks would love to put on an all American heavyweight title fight.

Fair play to Wilder but agree with most that he is just a belt holder and not the heavyweight champion of the world. Good luck to him if he does take on Wlad, that's what we all want to see. One champion per division.

So which champion when Vitali and Wlad were around was a beltholder ??...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

Completely different and unique situation. Obviously brothers are never going to fight each other.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

I'm happy to see Wilder step up and if I was American I'd be happy to have a new titlist.

By the same token, as a Welshman if Lee Selby beats Gradovich and wins a world title, I'll be absolutely chuffed. But I'm not going to play promoter afterwards and hope he defends his title in Cardiff against the Josh Warringtons of this world for the rest of his days. As a boxing fan I'd want to see Walters, Donaire, Lomanchenko etc. Win or lose.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

Sadly he has made it in America you thick doos. He's filled the MSG twice and headlined Vegas. He's likely to sell out the Barclays... Pulev made $1.5m fighting him, Povetkin made $5 large. You're pretty thick if you really think there's a bigger fight financially for anyone. It's really not even close
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:I'm happy to see Wilder step up and if I was American I'd be happy to have a new titlist.

By the same token, as a Welshman if Lee Selby beats Gradovich and wins a world title, I'll be absolutely chuffed. But I'm not going to play promoter afterwards and hope he defends his title in Cardiff against the Josh Warringtons of this world for the rest of his days. As a boxing fan I'd want to see Walters, Donaire, Lomanchenko etc. Win or lose.

Tyson fury/ AJ are Josh Warrington types ?

WTF is Wlad defending against... Leapai ? ... You're happy to see that.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

As clumsy comparisons go, I've got a lot to learn from you Trussman. Jesus wept.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm

Jason Gavern
Malik Scott
Nicolai Firtha
Siachei Liakovich
Audley Harrison

These are the names Wilder had to beat to win the WBC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD.

and you think he is a champion????????????

agree with those who say he is mearly a beltholder

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:As clumsy comparisons go, I've got a lot to learn from you Trussman. Jesus wept.

I've done plenty.......... thumbsup

I honestly think Wilder/Joshua types....Coming a long has to be good....

I'd even take a Gerrie Coetzee.....and that's saying something.

You think Wlad is good for the division ?

Heavy boxing has always been Synergetic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:42 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Jason Gavern
Malik Scott
Nicolai Firtha
Siachei Liakovich
Audley Harrison

These are the names Wilder had to beat to win the WBC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD.

and you think he is a champion????????????

agree with those who say he is mearly a beltholder

Tillis, Green, Berbick............ring any bells ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Berbick beat Ali and was trained by Dundee decent fighter would be champ now.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm

The point I'm making is (assuming Selby gets a belt) there's a ready made fight there with Warrington. Another British fighter, keeping the belt in house. From a promoter point of view, makes sense to Eddie Hearn.

I'm not a promoter, I'd rather see him mix it with another belt holder. I don't make any money out of it rather way, I'm just a fan.

I'm all for your enthusiasm for Wilder, exciting new champ can only be a good thing. But if he doesn't try for the 'biggest prize in the sport', then he's the one being hidden away.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:46 pm

The highest earners in boxing.

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao- Philippino fighting in China
3. Wlad- Ukranian fighting in Germany
4. Alvarez- Mexican
5. Cotto- Puerto Rican
6. Froch- Englishmen fighting in England

As you can see being an American fighting in America is the be all and end all, so much so that the only big earning American is Mayweather.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm

Wilder is a Heavyweight..........Hammer.

You're not stupid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wilder is a Heavyweight..........Hammer.

You're not stupid..

He is TRUSS

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:50 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The highest earners in boxing.

1. Mayweather
4. Alvarez- Mexican
5. Cotto- Puerto Rican
6. Froch- Englishmen fighting in  England

As you can see being an American fighting in America is the be all and end all, so much so that the only big earning American is Mayweather.

There we go.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The highest earners in boxing.

1. Mayweather
4. Alvarez- Mexican
5. Cotto- Puerto Rican
6. Froch- Englishmen fighting in  England

There we go.

It means nothing..............We haven't got any stars.....Meaningless list.

Why is khan fighting in America ??

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm

I think the Heavyweight division is a busted flush Truss so doesn't really matter any more, Wilder winning a paper title isn't going to change that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think the Heavyweight division is a busted flush Truss so doesn't really matter any more, Wilder winning a paper title isn't going to change that.

Every little helps..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think the Heavyweight division is a busted flush Truss so doesn't really matter any more, Wilder winning a paper title isn't going to change that.

You underestimate the POWER of the hype machine

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Not really a fair comparison Truss, Ottke was never considered the universal number one at his weight. Wlad is, as such whether he likes it or not Wilder has to beat him if he wants that status. Understand him wanting to feather his nest with a couple of gimmes first, but if he wants to be considered something other than a belt holder, albeit one with a US passport he has to deal with Wlad at some point.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:54 pm

All fishing aside, best thing for the division would be Wilder to knock Klitschko into retirement rather than running away. I give him a decent chance.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:We haven't got someone interesting on top, we've got another american that hits his missus and thinks battering someone that might possibly have mental issues is a good thing to do.

Tyson wasn't interesting was he ??

Yeah but he'd have taken on Wlad in his prime, not hid and tried to state it's for the good of the sport why he's not facing him.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm

Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Not really a fair comparison Truss, Ottke was never considered the universal number one at his weight. Wlad is, as such whether he likes it or not Wilder has to beat him if he wants that status. Understand him wanting to feather his nest with a couple of gimmes first, but if he wants to be considered something other than a belt holder, albeit one with a US passport he has to deal with Wlad at some point.

I see where you and others are coming from.....

I just want an end to this Klit-stink Mate..............Wilder or Joshua is fine with me !!..........I'd even take Fury !!

Lovely guy Wlad but he ain't good for the Sport.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Jan 2015, 1:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I see where you and others are coming from.....

I just want an end to this Klit-stink Mate..............Wilder or Joshua is fine with me !!..........I'd even take Fury !!

Lovely guy Wlad but he ain't good for the Sport.......

How can you critic Wlad?

He has beaten everyone who is available yet Wilder has beaten relative unknowns.

Get real mate.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next