The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth..

4 posters

Go down

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth.. Empty A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:33 pm

Even though I was under age the kind security guy at the flix let me watch this with my big brother....At the time I thought what a great film....

Only on later viewing did I realise I was watching the gayest Horror Movie of alltime..

It's shocking the homo-erotic tones of this movie.....The shockingly camp lead !!...Two guys rolling about on the baseball diamond after one guy pulls his trousers down !!.....Jesse's gay dance on the bed......The gay bar where he meets his perverted Physical Ed teacher..."Schneider's always got stick up his a*s".....The game called "Probe" in Jesse's cupboard !!....Naked Jesse watching his naked PE teacher spanked by towels in the shower !!..........Jesse legging it half naked to his best mates room after spurning the chance to make it with his girlfriend and telling him "Something is trying to get in me"...

It's quite amusing when you think about it..

I don't know who wrote the script but I'm not sure the Producers realised he was taking the P**s......

Having said that I enjoyed the movie.....

Like I said the Innocence of Youth !!.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth.. Empty Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth..

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm

How many times have you re-watched since you realized it's a film so gay that even Peter North turned down a starring role?

Back to top Go down

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth.. Empty Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - and the innocence of youth..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:45 pm

DAVE667 wrote:How many times have you re-watched since you realized it's a film so gay that even Peter North turned down a starring role?

Got the collection...............Number 6........Freddy's Dead is my favorite.........

Nothing beats watching movies at the flix..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 2:53 pm

Sitting at home watching a film in peace and f*cking quiet, going for a p*ss when you like, stopping to make cuppa at will and not having to shush the ignorant c*nts surrounding you beats going to the flicks every single day of the week/month/year/decade

However, I did ask how many times you'd watched your favourite gay slasher/flasher film

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:00 pm

8/9 times over the years.......

Always used to be on the TV..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:01 pm

....but then your wife made you wipe the screen clean and go to bed

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:....but then your wife made you wipe the screen clean and go to bed

Are you 43 ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:....but then your wife made you wipe the screen clean and go to bed

Are you 43 ??
I am, what's that got to do with you repeatedly watching the gayest horror film ever?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you 43 ??
I am, what's that got to do with you repeatedly watching the gayest horror film ever?

I didn't think you were that old !!....Is why I asked.

8/9 times since it was made in 85.........Thrity years ago....Is repeatedly ??

Hope no one on here repeatedly has sex !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm

I'd say 8/9 times can be described as repeatedly for watching a film regardless of the release date.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:48 pm

You're used to a huge selection of movies on SKY...........I'm talking about Britain in 1989.

How many times have you seen Jaws 2 ??.That's crap and I've seen that maybe ten times..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:51 pm

I've seen it once. I tend to only watch crap films once....

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:52 pm

MIG wrote:I've seen it once.  I tend to only watch crap films once....

Do you ?? ............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm

Yes !! Why would you watch a film you thought was crap more than once?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:57 pm

MIG wrote:Yes !! Why would you watch a film you thought was crap more than once?

Because my family is watching it...and maybe I like to spend time with them....

Jaws 2 was always on cable..

First time I saw Jaws 2 was 35 years ago...............Of course I'm going to have seen it a fair few times..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 3:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you 43 ??

Hope no one on here repeatedly has sex  !!
The Didsbury 2nd team have sex repeatedly...at your house

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:00 pm

I probably watch Independence Day once a month at least.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
MIG wrote:Yes !! Why would you watch a film you thought was crap more than once?

Because my family is watching it...and maybe I like to spend time with them....

Jaws 2 was always on cable..

First time I saw Jaws 2 was 35 years ago...............Of course I'm going to have seen it a fair few times..

I like spending time with my family too, doesn't mean I have to sit through a crap film time after time. Try going out for walks or some other outdoor activities.
I watch films I really like repeatedly.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:05 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you 43 ??

Hope no one on here repeatedly has sex  !!
The Didsbury 2nd team have sex repeatedly...at your house

Are you a Didsbury Rugby fan or something............??

You go on about them enough !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:19 pm

To get back on topic, I have only watched it once and thought it was so poor it didnt deserve another viewing.

Parts 1,3 and 6 are by far the strongest.

This would have been good in my reappraisal thread Truss!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:23 pm

I like 6... Adam..................Love that feisty blonde bird.........

Love the idea of going back into Springwood and it being like Twin peaks..

Much underrated............

Think the start of 2 is the best start to any film in the franchise..

As I've said I like it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:37 pm

Reading up on part 6, I found this:

Peter Jackson also wrote a screenplay, but it was not used; his screenplay was about how Freddy had become seen as such of a low threat that teenagers were now taking sleeping pills just so they could mess with him. A police officer then was to go into acomatose state, thus permanently being in Freddy's realm.[2] Jackson's script was said to be called A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Lover, and the supposed concept was that Freddy had become so weak in the dream world that teens made a game out of going into the dream world and beating up Freddy. But when Freddy regains enough power to take a boy's father hostage in the dream world, the boy must go there one last time to save his dad. In the final draft of the film, Alice and Jacob are seen briefly moving away from Springwood during the montage at the end of the film.

Sounds pretty cool!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm

Also from wiki about part 2:

Film commentators often remark on the film's perceived homoerotic theme. The argument is that a subtext exists about Jesse's alleged repressed homosexuality (never clarified in the movie), with the major examples pointed to being the encounter he has with his gym teacher in a gay S&M leather bar, and his fleeing to a male friend's house after an aborted attempt of making out at his girlfriend's pool party.[3][4]
In a February 2010 interview with Attitude magazine, Robert Englund commented on this when asked whether he was aware about the camp, gay appeal of the series. He replied: "... the second Nightmare on Elm Street is obviously intended as a bisexual themed film. It was early '80s, pre-AIDS paranoia. Jesse's wrestling with whether tocome out or not and his own sexual desires was manifested by Freddy. His friend is the object of his affection. That's all there in that film. We did it subtly but the casting of Mark Patton was intentional too, because Mark was out and had done Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean."[5]
In an article written by Brent Hartinger for After Elton, it is stated that a "frequent debate in gay pop culture circles is this: Just how 'gay' was 1985's A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (the first Elm Street sequel)? The imagery in the movie makes it seem unmistakably gay — but the filmmakers have all along denied that that was their intention." During his interview segment for the documentary Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy,screenwriter David Chaskin admitted that the homosexual themes were intentionally written into the script. The rest of the cast and crew stated that they were unaware of any such themes at the time they made the film, but that a series of creative decisions on the part of director Jack Sholder unintentionally brought Chaskin's themes to the forefront. In his interview, Sholder stated, "I simply didn't have the self-awareness to realize that any of this might be interpreted as gay", while "now-out actor" Mark Patton stated, "I don't think that [the character] Jesse was originally written as a gay character. I think it's something that happened along the line by serendipity."[6]

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm

Adam D wrote:Also from wiki about part 2:

Film commentators often remark on the film's perceived homoerotic theme. The argument is that a subtext exists about Jesse's alleged repressed homosexuality (never clarified in the movie), with the major examples pointed to being the encounter he has with his gym teacher in a gay S&M leather bar, and his fleeing to a male friend's house after an aborted attempt of making out at his girlfriend's pool party.[3][4]
In a February 2010 interview with Attitude magazine, Robert Englund commented on this when asked whether he was aware about the camp, gay appeal of the series. He replied: "... the second Nightmare on Elm Street is obviously intended as a bisexual themed film. It was early '80s, pre-AIDS paranoia. Jesse's wrestling with whether tocome out or not and his own sexual desires was manifested by Freddy. His friend is the object of his affection. That's all there in that film. We did it subtly but the casting of Mark Patton was intentional too, because Mark was out and had done Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean."[5]
In an article written by Brent Hartinger for After Elton, it is stated that a "frequent debate in gay pop culture circles is this: Just how 'gay' was 1985's A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (the first Elm Street sequel)? The imagery in the movie makes it seem unmistakably gay — but the filmmakers have all along denied that that was their intention." During his interview segment for the documentary Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy,screenwriter David Chaskin admitted that the homosexual themes were intentionally written into the script. The rest of the cast and crew stated that they were unaware of any such themes at the time they made the film, but that a series of creative decisions on the part of director Jack Sholder unintentionally brought Chaskin's themes to the forefront. In his interview, Sholder stated, "I simply didn't have the self-awareness to realize that any of this might be interpreted as gay", while "now-out actor" Mark Patton stated, "I don't think that [the character] Jesse was originally written as a gay character. I think it's something that happened along the line by serendipity."[6]

That's interesting stuff...............Like I said I never saw the gay stuff when I first saw it...........Probably too surprised I managed to get into the theatre to watch it !!

Not that I mind..............As long as it's a good horror movie....I don't care..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down