The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING

5 posters

Go down

JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING Empty JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 6:41 pm

HBO wanted Chavez to face Starling when the Mexican was proposed to step up to the welterweights, i was watching a Starling fight the other day and heard it mentioned and thought it would of been a great stylistic clash. Freddie Roach always said 'Chavez was made to order' for Starling, but who would of won the fight? i agree with Roach in all honesty, but if they had fought it would certainly of been entertaining.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING Empty Re: JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 May 2011, 6:46 pm

Starling plays with him......Chavez hasn't the power at 147 to hurt him...

Considering Marlon's playful nature though...

Decision rather than stoppage...

too good..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING Empty Re: JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ VS MARLON STARLING

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 6:49 pm

Starling plays with him......Chavez hasn't the power at 147 to hurt him...

Considering Marlon's playful nature though...

Decision rather than stoppage...

too good..
I agree, Marlon used to play about a bit too much that probably cost him in big fights to be fair. But has Roach said he was made for Marlon who was a lot faster

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 May 2011, 6:52 pm

His biggest fights vs Curry, Honey and Breland 1...Marlon was mainly business..

when he was bored he generally messed around a la Molly and Breland 2...

Certainly pick him to slap Manny who is made for him and Duran...

Hearns would be intriguing and Leonard might be too busy...

certainly a handful for anybody...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 6:55 pm

His biggest fights vs Curry, Honey and Breland 1...Marlon was mainly business..

when he was bored he generally messed around a la Molly and Breland 2...

Certainly pick him to slap Manny who is made for him and Duran...

Hearns would be intriguing and Leonard might be too busy...

certainly a handful for anybody...
I thought he clowned about a bit too much in the first Curry fight and that cost him he could of won the 2nd fight though. He blitzed Honeyghan and had Breland's number. He called Leonard out after he beat Honeyghan but obviously never fought him. Not sure about Manny trussman i'm a fan of Manny, think he outworks Moochie.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 May 2011, 7:12 pm

He gets counterpunched to death like Honey did.....The more important the fight the better the performance.

Curry had his number he admitted that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 8:04 pm

He gets counterpunched to death like Honey did.....The more important the fight the better the performance.

Curry had his number he admitted that..
Nah but Pac Man's about 5 times the better and more intelligent fighter than Honeyghan. Curry won the 1st not the 2nd imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 8:11 pm

So Starling beats Duran and Chavez but not Pacquiao?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 8:21 pm

So Starling beats Duran and Chavez but not Pacquiao?
@147 he beats Chavez imo, did i say he'd beat Duran? get it up i dont think i did, you know bud, but no there's no way imo he beats Manny, Pacquiao's the best fighter i've ever seen without a doubt.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 8:23 pm

Not having a go just think it's an interesting view

Would back JCC to beat Pacquiao at any weight and don't think he's as easy to counter as Pacquiao

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 8:27 pm

Not having a go just think it's an interesting view

Would back JCC to beat Pacquiao at any weight and don't think he's as easy to counter as Pacquiao
fair enough, your entitled to your view. But i will go on record as saying i think Manny would of destroyed Chavez, and any Chavez at that. I think he would of been far, far too fast for him, Chavez was without doubt a quality fighter but his painfully slow hands are easily more easy to counter than Pacquiao's ultra fast hands imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 27 May 2011, 8:30 pm

Accuracy would be the main issue with countering the pair, Chavez didn't waste punches while Pacquiao can be a little eratic against someone who moves. Manny is quick but he's not Whitaker or Taylor quick and Chavez gets destroyed by no one from 140lbs downwards.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 27 May 2011, 9:36 pm

Accuracy would be the main issue with countering the pair, Chavez didn't waste punches while Pacquiao can be a little eratic against someone who moves. Manny is quick but he's not Whitaker or Taylor quick and Chavez gets destroyed by no one from 140lbs downwards.
Pacquiao's miles faster than Whitaker, and faster than Taylor imo, i'd suggest you study his speed, you obviously havent.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 27 May 2011, 11:08 pm

Some serious dreaming going on here. Starling to beat Duran? Someone must be smoking some Mary J. Edges out JCC because of the soze differential and mullers Pac. Against Pac it would be a no contest. Pac has no Plan B. Against Marlon he would need Plan B, C, D and E (loads of E) before he gets KO's/ Starling's defense was just too god and his attacking forte was made for an onrushing fighter like Pac.

No way is Pac faster that Taylor. Pernell would decision him pretty easily. One thing fighters like Pernell, Duran, JCC and Marlon have in abundance is boxing intelligence. Pac is a boxing moron.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 28 May 2011, 1:44 am

Have to agree Az, have yet to see any boxer who comes close to having the speed of taylor, he could throw incredibly accurate 7/8 punch combos in the blink of an eye, something Pacquiao has yet to prove

Pacquiao quicker than Taylor is the definition of blind bias

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 28 May 2011, 11:13 am

No way is Pac faster that Taylor. Pernell would decision him pretty easily. One thing fighters like Pernell, Duran, JCC and Marlon have in abundance is boxing intelligence. Pac is a boxing moron.
Pacquiao is miles faster than Taylor, and better and faster than Whitaker who lost ALL his big fights then made EXCUSES, they arent as good as Pacquiao imo, deal with it. Starling's my best ever fighter but he wouldn't of beat Manny, no way. A boxing moron? haha, he's only a WBC flyweight, IBF Super bantamweight, WBC Super feathweight, WBC lightweight, WBO Welterweight, WBC light middleweight champion of the world.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 28 May 2011, 11:40 am

Even more impressive, Manny is the first light middleweight champion to have never actually fought at the weight.

I dont know why Az is slating manny so heavily though, seems a tad unfair. He is limited in some ways, but his record (prior to his current catchweight, old man beating antics) is impressive. Seems like Az is just trying to get a rise out of certain Pac fans.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 28 May 2011, 11:41 am

Sorry but I can't take you seriously any more

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down